Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

A.P. Bio

This is probably our favorite show. Great ensemble cast—great writing to keep them all unique (except the three teachers—they’re meh but at least show doesn’t put them on a sticky sweet pedestal like every other comedy with a teacher in it). That video and happy birthday 😂. Jack not stealing the joy from those who think they saved the budget cuts. Helen’s ass. Perfect.

• Like 2

The three women teachers still weren't funny.  They seriously need to work on that.  

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 8:56 PM, meatball77 said:

She's on facebook live and she's got tons of people watching all her rants.

Thanks! I watched her introductory scene again and had an epiphany: her job is the school's social media. I like to imagine that she is providing [inappropriate] content for the school rather than slacking off.

• Like 1

Helen's ass and the no honk zones were cracking me up.  She is my second favorite character after Jack. The pop/jazz add was pretty funny.  Does anyone here watch Teen mom 2? I thought the girl in the glasses all glammed up with the curly hair looked like a grown up version of Leah's daughter Ally.  I don't mean that  a rude way. 

S2.E9: Dr. Whoopsie

After an embarrassing video of himself falling off a stage goes viral, Jack plans a viral video of his own. Meanwhile, Durbin, Helen, and the teachers track down Whitlock's most notorious litterer: the Sugar Daddy.

Original air date: 5/2/19

This show has quietly become the funniest and most absurd show on TV right now.

• Like 8

I love that Durbin was so guilty about his littering he gave the custodian an extra $20 every time he littered. 

• Like 5

I loved the lady teacher saying that she always knew who did it on SVU (it's never the second guy they interview). 

• Like 2

Just now, meatball77 said:

I loved the lady teacher saying that she always knew who did it on SVU (it's never the second guy they interview). 

And the Law & Order-esque scene of the interview with the custodian continuing to work.

Sullen, rebellious Victor and his "get out of my way now please" was charming.

• Like 4

It’s been such a pleasant surprise how much I’ve legit enjoyed the second season of this. The characters have leaned into their strangeness in ways that are consistently funny, whereas the first season had a more coherent overall arc that didn’t let the supporting cast shine.

Paula Pell needs to submit this past episode as an FYC screener for the Emmys: She’s rapidly emerged as a challenger to Howerton’s *other* underappreciated comic genius co-star, Kaitlin Olson, as the funniest performer on TV right now. Her timing when she went through her filing system was *everything*.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, omophagia said:

It’s been such a pleasant surprise how much I’ve legit enjoyed the second season of this. The characters have leaned into their strangeness in ways that are consistently funny, whereas the first season had a more coherent overall arc that didn’t let the supporting cast shine.

Paula Pell needs to submit this past episode as an FYC screener for the Emmys: She’s rapidly emerged as a challenger to Howerton’s *other* underappreciated comic genius co-star, Kaitlin Olson, as the funniest performer on TV right now. Her timing when she went through her filing system was *everything*.

My tablet is hating me at the moment and I can't link it but: Patton Oswalt was on Seth Meyers and talks about how Paula Pell is the funniest person alive. 

• Like 2

I have bruised ribs, and it hurts to laugh. So I nearly died from pain at "oh my smashed butt!" after Jack fell off the stage. I am laughing and wincing now just remembering it.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

11 hours ago, meatball77 said:

The drawer full of creepy doll heads. . . .

I soooo love these throwaway bits—my God this show is funny. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

This has also become my favorite show. I look forward to it every week. Dan Decker and the girl with the glasses are my faves. The teachers worked well this episode for me. Normally, they're the weakest part of the show.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2019 at 12:11 PM, meatball77 said:

The drawer full of creepy doll heads. . . .

I loved that Helen wasn’t at all disturbed by the creepy doll head drawer.

• Like 4

I loved the title of the youtube video at the end. "Local Dorks Lie to Reporter."

• Like 3

I am legit worried about this show getting canceled. It's just SO good.

• Like 4

I finally watch this show & I LOVED it. Sadly I don't think we are getting a 3rd season which sucks because it's so damn funny & also sweet. 

• Like 3

I thought this season was over but two more episodes on 5/30, at 7:00 and 7:30 CDT (and I believe two more after those):

10: When he's kicked off his Harvard phone plan, Jack is offered a chance to leapfrog onto Mary's on one condition -- he must help her break up with her scuzzy boyfriend; Anthony becomes Durbin's right-hand man.

11: After his computer breaks, Jack rallies his class to win the annual Whitlock's Got Talent competition so the prize money can go toward a new laptop; Helen and Durbin host the show; Mary, Stef and Michelle prepare a hand-bell routine.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I assumed but now it’s official:

Unfortunately it was probably doomed when they waited until midseason to bring it back. They got off to a bit of a slow start the first season, wasting too much time on the other teachers, not giving Paula Pell enough material, and not having faith in the younger actors to carry the show even though that's where the writing was sharpest from the jump. I think if it came back in the fall at the same level of quality they would have gotten more people who checked it out and lost interest or never saw it to check it out. This isn't Brooklyn Nine-Nine with a devoted fanbase eagerly awaiting it's return and seeking it out so it kind of got lost in the shuffle. If they had scheduled The Office the same way it probably would have ben two seasons and out as well.

Edited by wknt3 · Reason: ducking autocorrect...
  • Like 3

Best comedy this season and will always be in my top five. The students—omg, such distinct characters, bringing their own kind of funny every episode. Just amazing. Patton Oswalt with Paula Pell, Patton Oswalt with Glenn Howerton—the best. Genius writing and directing. I’ll buy the DVDs but will miss this group and will look for these talented actors elsewhere. 

• Like 4

From TVByTheNumbers:

The cancellation doesn’t come as much of a surprise, with “A.P. Bio” only averaging a low 0.5 live + same day rating among adults 18-49 this year – making it NBC’s fourth-lowest-rated scripted title of the season.