Type keyword(s) to search

Nurse Jackie - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Julie White has been nominated for a Tony!

Best Featured Actress in a Play
Fionnula Flanagan, The Ferryman
Celia Keenan-Bolger, To Kill a Mockingbird
Kristine Nielsen, Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus
Julie White, Gary: A Sequel to Titus Andronicus
Ruth Wilson, King Lear

I was delighted to see this thread!  I just rewatched some Nurse Jackie episodes and am watching the finale season, that I had not seen before.   I used to be a big fan of the show, so, this is a treat. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the series, especially Zoey.

I've been reading some of the old episode threads and giving "likes."  They are not open for comments.  I hope some of you will drop by here and comment though.  Right now, I'm in Season 7, episode 3, I believe. I've been rooting against Jackie for a while.  I know the ending. I read about that long ago.  I have remained a Falco fan though. 

One thing that strikes me about this hospital is just how clueless so many of the the doctors, nurses and staff are. Cops too.   They just aren't that bright. I guess that's why Jackie seems so adept at conning them.  

On 6/11/2020 at 12:28 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I was delighted to see this thread!  I just rewatched some Nurse Jackie episodes and am watching the finale season, that I had not seen before.   I used to be a big fan of the show, so, this is a treat. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed the series, especially Zoey.

I've been reading some of the old episode threads and giving "likes."  They are not open for comments.  I hope some of you will drop by here and comment though.  Right now, I'm in Season 7, episode 3, I believe. I've been rooting against Jackie for a while.  I know the ending. I read about that long ago.  I have remained a Falco fan though. 

One thing that strikes me about this hospital is just how clueless so many of the the doctors, nurses and staff are. Cops too.   They just aren't that bright. I guess that's why Jackie seems so adept at conning them.  

<spoilers> 

I just finished this series.  So you say you knew how it would end.  But how did it?  Jackie appeared to still be alive at the end after a life ending dose of whatever it was she was sniffing up her nose.  I was glad to see that they wrapped up all the other characters, except Gloria.  What happens to her? And it was great to see that Zoey was mentally healthy and able to move on.

As to those around her being clueless, that seems to be the norm more and more these days.  People are so self-focused they do their jobs and don't pay much attention to any one else except for the way it affects them. I think that's why people like Jackie can get away with so much. 

I really enjoyed this series.  Wow, lots of twists and turns and all the actors were so good!  And having Tony Shaloub on a few episodes at the end was a real treat.  

Definitely going on my "watch again in a few years" list.  

Edited by AnnaCody
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, AnnaCody said:

<spoilers> 

I just finished this series.  So you say you knew how it would end.  But how did it?  Jackie appeared to still be alive at the end after a life ending dose of whatever it was she was sniffing up her nose.  I was glad to see that they wrapped up all the other characters, except Gloria.  What happens to her? And it was great to see that Zoey was mentally healthy and able to move on.

As to those around her being clueless, that seems to be the norm more and more these days.  People are so self-focused they do their jobs and don't pay much attention to any one else except for the way it affects them. I think that's why people like Jackie can get away with so much. 

I really enjoyed this series.  Wow, lots of twists and turns and all the actors were so good!  And having Tony Shaloub on a few episodes at the end was a real treat.  

Definitely going on my "watch again in a few years" list.  

I watched, but also read about what the show runners revealed about the ending and that’s where I got my takeaway.  Jackie having died due to the overdose fit well into the scenario. She would not learn  from her experiences and continued with her addiction fully aware of the risks.  I thought she left knowing what risks she took. Sad for family and friends, but in a way a relief that they could break free from the pain, worry and burden her addiction had caused them for some time.  Sad, but true. 

• Like 1