Type keyword(s) to search

The Night Manager - General Discussion

• Start Topic

In the first episode, Pine gives MI6 what appears to be an agreement between Ironlast (Roper's company) and Freddie Hamid that describes, in detail, the illegal arms that Ironlast will be selling to Freddie. Even if you ignore the ridiculous notion that an illegal arms trade would have a paper trail like that, how is that the Roper was never charged/convicted based on this evidence alone? Also, doesn't it go against Roper's M.O. to use his own company, Ironlast, in business dealings like this when, later in the series, he explains to Pine that he uses a middleman to create a front company to actually make the deals?

Any help would be much appreciated because, while I very much enjoyed the series, this one thing is really ruining it for me lol.

So, I finally watched this acclaimed thing. It was very disappointing and rather boring. With the exception of Angela, who apparently was supposed to be a male character, the women were fridged and stupid and barely more than impetus for man pain and male stupidity. So, no more than a cliche.

This all felt very 1980s with the plot fairly standard undercover spy stuff. With camera sweeps and Bond-like music and Mallorca as background.  Roper even had a big supervillain lair!

Laurie was ok, I don't find Hiddleston particularly compelling, and Hollander was good too. The one thing that kept me really watching to the end was Olivia Coleman. 

I guess I thought the Night Manager would actually BE a nightmamager for the whole series, not just in the first episode until he became undercover spy who stupidly sleeps with the supervillain's girlfriend.

I barely paid attention at the end because I was so bored.