Type keyword(s) to search

The Originals - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

On 3/19/2019 at 8:06 AM, tabularasa said:

No posts at all?

What's sad is there isn't much to left to say. Plec stuck a stake in this literally. Still so very disappointed with the finale and won't go near another Plec show if you pay me. Based on what I hear of Legacies I'm not her target demo anyway.

But I had favorited the comic con preview trailer of season 4 or 5 where Joseph Morgan basically gives a reading of "The Poison Tree" and I watched it today randomly so I came to see if there was any activity in the thread. That video was really really well done in my opinion. 

Edited by MissL
(edited)

So I just finished watching this on Netflix, I generally liked it despite its flaws but season 5 really was a letdown. As someone who hasn't seen or read 'The Vampire Diaries' or any related stuff... Can anyone explain what happened? It seemed a very confused season; weak villains, meandering plots and the last 3 episodes spent entirely on mawkish Mikaelson martyrdom (which is in character but annoying... Freya you better take this girl on the honeymoon to end all honeymoons for putting up with your bullshit...)-did they try to compress too many books into a short season or have to do an edited version of a plot from the books for some reason? 

Also they kept talking about the Dark Magic like it was this abstract force, I thought it was actually the spirit of an evil witch. With intentions and the ability to plan and manipulate people. Was she still there? And I distinctly remember them saying in S4 that if they killed the host she'd just move on to another one. If memory serves that was the point of splitting her into four immortal hosts; so that she couldn't get back to Hope if they died of old age or gangrene or some other plebby mortal problem.

Edited by Speakeasy
(edited)

Yusuf Gatewood will appear on S2 of The Umbrella Academy (which starts on July 31 so you still have time to watch S1 and catch up before S2 starts!).

Character description below (nothing spoilery but just in case you're a spoilerphobe):

Spoiler

Gatewood has been cast as Raymond, a born leader with the smarts, gravitas and confidence to never have to prove it to anyone. He is described as warm, dedicated and possessing the innate ability to disarm you with a look. A devoted husband, he’s the kind of guy everyone wants to know.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo