PRIMETIMER
Aethera

The OA

5 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

What is Old Knight?

The giant psychic octopus. 

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

This show really intrigued me...up until the octopus bullshit. What did that have to do with anything and what was the point? It was way over the top, even for a batshit crazy show like this.

• Like 1

I can't disagree with you! At that point it was either go with it, or quit watching. I decided to keep watching. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I can't disagree with you! At that point it was either go with it, or quit watching. I decided to keep watching. 

I did too. I think BBA and the boys are the most interesting part of the show now. I loved watching how Steve's character developed from a total douche to a really likeable person.

• Like 4

OA and her interactions with the boys and BBA  are what make the show for me. Sadly we did not get that in S2.  

Stephen caught up with the ambulance though so good for him. He missed it at the end of the 1st season.  I am happy he jumped since he and OA are great together. I like how he changed over the series. Plus he really wanted to jump more then anyone else.

Homer is so boring though. I do not care about the love story between him and OA. 

I knew Hap would go to the other world the second he heard how OA was laughing and happy with him.

Hopefully S3 happens and we get more with Stephen, BBA, ect. 

• Like 4

Just finished the 2nd season and wow, this was a fun ride. I liked the first season a lot but didn't feel compelled to know what happened next--until finally started this season. I don't eve know what to say about it except I was into it even during the bizarre moments (iow, the octopus, the tree...the old lady with the torso collection?). That house really was a living video game.

Definitely looking forward to the next season making more connections. I had assumed Kareem was her brother given the editing and the fact that he saved her from the octopus, but maybe that's a fake out and the saving Old Knight referred to was something else. He's got a different perspective, after all, being a giant psychic octopus in a tank.

Particularly hoping that some of the other periphery characters have interesting roles. They seemed to make a point of hiding Ruskin for most of the season and it seemed like he wasn't really quite what he seemed in terms of his relationship with OA or Hap but it was never fully revealed. Maybe we're just supposed to assume there's nothing there to see, but it seems like important people (especially played by known actors) should have more importance--here he was mostly exposition and a device. I especially wondered if it was supposed to be significant that Homer and Ruskin looked so very much alike. The actors look similar already and then they're given the exact same facial hair and head hair--seems like if that wasn't intentional somebody would have changed it.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Like 3