Type keyword(s) to search

The OA - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

This show really intrigued me...up until the octopus bullshit. What did that have to do with anything and what was the point? It was way over the top, even for a batshit crazy show like this.

• Love 3
47 minutes ago, Melina22 said:

I can't disagree with you! At that point it was either go with it, or quit watching. I decided to keep watching. 

I did too. I think BBA and the boys are the most interesting part of the show now. I loved watching how Steve's character developed from a total douche to a really likeable person.

• Love 5

OA and her interactions with the boys and BBA  are what make the show for me. Sadly we did not get that in S2.  

Stephen caught up with the ambulance though so good for him. He missed it at the end of the 1st season.  I am happy he jumped since he and OA are great together. I like how he changed over the series. Plus he really wanted to jump more then anyone else.

Homer is so boring though. I do not care about the love story between him and OA. 

I knew Hap would go to the other world the second he heard how OA was laughing and happy with him.

Hopefully S3 happens and we get more with Stephen, BBA, ect. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Just finished the 2nd season and wow, this was a fun ride. I liked the first season a lot but didn't feel compelled to know what happened next--until finally started this season. I don't eve know what to say about it except I was into it even during the bizarre moments (iow, the octopus, the tree...the old lady with the torso collection?). That house really was a living video game.

Definitely looking forward to the next season making more connections. I had assumed Kareem was her brother given the editing and the fact that he saved her from the octopus, but maybe that's a fake out and the saving Old Knight referred to was something else. He's got a different perspective, after all, being a giant psychic octopus in a tank.

Particularly hoping that some of the other periphery characters have interesting roles. They seemed to make a point of hiding Ruskin for most of the season and it seemed like he wasn't really quite what he seemed in terms of his relationship with OA or Hap but it was never fully revealed. Maybe we're just supposed to assume there's nothing there to see, but it seems like important people (especially played by known actors) should have more importance--here he was mostly exposition and a device. I especially wondered if it was supposed to be significant that Homer and Ruskin looked so very much alike. The actors look similar already and then they're given the exact same facial hair and head hair--seems like if that wasn't intentional somebody would have changed it.

Edited by sistermagpie
  • Love 4
On 5/25/2019 at 8:09 AM, IDreamofJoaquin said:

I hope there is a Season 3 and a conclusion and then it ends there.  Some of this got really silly. 

Brit said they have a 5 year plan. Part of me would like if they actually get to do all the season's.  Yes this is a bizarre watch at times.  

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ShadowHunter said:

Brit said they have a 5 year plan. Part of me would like if they actually get to do all the season's.  Yes this is a bizarre watch at times.  

I just saw that Netflix is on board with that too.  What bothers me about the storyline is they can easily dig their way out with the dimension jumps and it just seems like easy writing but then it makes the show more complicated. Like the Riz Ahmed charatcer all of the sudden coming to help them.  Like what would they have done if he hadn't?  Or the Elodie character. The first season had a lot of flow, this season very muddled. 

• Love 2

So pissed off right now. Why does Netflix even make shows when it just cancels everything after a year or two and leaves it all on a cliffhanger? 

There’s not much point watching any of their stuff as it all gets cancelled after 20 episodes or so. 

I loved this show and I was so sure that they must have got a pickup already when I saw the end of season 2. It was just a beautiful thing, and Netflix has stomped on it.

• Love 5

A lot of projects on Netflix got cancelled because they spent a huge $$ on an Eddie Murphy special. That’s maybe 2 hrs of fun. The same amount or less would have given us a whole season. Some other shows as well. 😤

• Love 1

Nooo! Freaking Netflix, why do they even bother greenlighting so many shows if they just cancel them right in the middle of the story!?!? Too much money going to Adam Sandler to actually finish anything? So upsetting.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3

I can see why this happened, and I wasn't the biggest fan of Season 2, but I was hoping they would give them a season to wrap it up.

Regular TV cancelled most of my shows too soon, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they are also too weird for streaming.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Between this and Sense8 Netflix is making me real nervous to try any of their more imaginative original programming.  Which is disappointing. Networks used to pull this crap (Firefly and Farscape cancellations broke my heart) and I thought streaming was a safe space.

• Love 5

I can see why this happened, and I wasn't the biggest fan of Season 2, but I was hoping they would give them a season to wrap it up.

Agreed. I mean, I really didn't care for Season 2 at all so I'm not devastated by this news. The problem is that the story is unfinished. They did the same thing with the Santa Clarita Diet - they cancelled it after they left us hanging with a cliff-hanger.

I understand TV is business and if they aren't getting the downloads or whatever they can't keep pouring money into something. But they should at least commission another 2 or 3 episodes just to finish the story. That would be the decent thing to do.

• Love 3

We just finished this last night.  Loved season one.  It was intriguing & thought-provoking. But season two?  What a pretentious pile of nonsense!  And that's not even counting the giant psychic octopus.  I would have stopped watching it but the husband insists on seeing things through to the end so alas, we suffered through it while simultaneously rolling our eyes and telling the show that it got exactly what it deserved by being cancelled. 

I read that they had 5 seasons mapped out.  Perhaps if they had stayed more focused on BBA and the boys; the heart of the show, they would have been given another season or two.  Instead they let their overambitious pompousness take over, creating a dozen more unnecessary characters and story lines that nobody asked for with an ending that culminated in absurdity.

• Love 2

2x01:

The paralel universe is interesting.

Guess the detective just found the Dollhouse.

Wondering what Nina is doing in Prairie's body in the original universe.

Sad to find out that this show will end on a cliffhanger, because Netflix couldn't get a heads up for the cancellation.

Edited by Zonk
  • Love 1
(edited)

Brandon Perea is making a huge splash in Jordan Peele's movie "Nope".

The entire movie I was like, where have I seen this kid before?  And it turns out, he played Alfonso on The O.A.

16497546817927_asdffff.jpg l-intro-1658515081.jpg

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2