Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

Roseanne

This being demoted sucks. End of an era type stuff.

In Roseanne news, I was watching the episode where Jackie invites Roseanne to therapy--I just realized the therapist is Rondi Reed who played Mike's mom on Mike & Molly (and was also recently on Midnight, Texas (may it RIP)). Amazing how different those glasses she wore on Mike & Molly made her look. Anyway, just a small observation to get this thread started! It's always interesting to finally recognize an actor from something you've seen a million times!

• Like 4

There really wasn't enough traffic to win a reprieve from the site admins for Roseanne being archived and converted to a topic. (We tried.)  And with a few exceptions, most of the pre-revival discussion was concentrated in the all episodes topic anyway.  The game topics are two of the exceptions.  

@Pallas and I discussed it and have decided to create new game topics in The Conners forum. Since the spin-off incorporates most of the original series, we feel like they should be equally at home there.  Feel free to visit them at the links below. 

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/89816-the-conners-alphabet-game/ 

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/89815-the-conners-trivia-game/

• Like 3

8 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

Yes, Roseanne it was Sara's fault she helped get you a second chance that you used to ruin a once-great character. It was her fault you became an embarrassing liability that put her in an impossible situation. She's the villain for choosing the livelihood of a crew and their families whose jobs you endangered, along with the legacy of the show over your dumb, rich ass.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Like 12

46 minutes ago, VCRTracking said:

Yes, Roseanne it was Sara's fault she helped get you a second chance that you used to ruin a once-great character. It was her fault you became an embarrassing liability that put her in an impossible situation. She's the villain for choosing the livelihood of a crew and their families whose jobs you endangered, along with the legacy of the show over your dumb, rich ass.

No, it was your fault Roseanne and not Sara's.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, MikaelaArsenault said:

What an ass. It is sad that their once close relationship is ruined but Sara doesn’t need someone in her life like this, no one does.

She says she accepts the consequences and knows she did something wrong but she’s tried to blame HER actions on how many other people and things? Shutting up is the only positive thing she could do at this point.

Edited by Rebecca · Reason: Typo, grammar
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Rebecca said:

What an ass. It is sad that their once close relationship is ruined but Sara doesn’t need someone in her life like this, no one does.

She says she accepts to consequences and knows she’s done wrong but she’s tried to blame HER actions on how many other people and things? Shutting up is the only positive thing she could do at this point.

I agree. She just needs to stop blaming people when she should be blaming herself.

• Like 8

The original article has a lot more interesting BTS insights. They were struggling with her constantly and wanted to believe she could change.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

1 minute ago, jsbt said:

They were struggling with her constantly and wanted to believe she could change.

I think they were also baffled by the disconnect by how normal she was in person and the insanity of her Twitter feed.  I understand it in those who'd known her for so long, since she changed a lot in the previous several years and their perception is so colored by their long history, but it bugs me that ABC execs danced around her so lightly.  Like her friend said, they had to know what they were getting into.  Yet they didn't demand a clause in her contract in order to greenlight the revival, and didn't even - once she showed she wasn't going to stop - step in and say, "Knock it off -- one more and you're out."  This is no one's fault but Roseanne's, I just wish the network hadn't waited until that one tweet to take real action instead of all that ineffective "nudging" that imposed no consequences for the tweets before it.

And, also, I love WaPo, but it sends me around the fucking bend when publications do not, in recapping Roseanne's various responses/excuses, follow their recounting of her I didn't know she was black; I wouldn't knowingly use ape imagery about a black person bullshit with a quote of Roseanne doing the same damn thing to Susan Rice five years prior ("Susan Rice is a man with big swinging ape balls").

It's infuriating to hear Roseanne, her son, and John Goodman categorize criticism of making Roseanne Conner a Trump supporter because of the specific examples of how it's inconsistent with nine years of characterization as attacking Roseanne Barr for her Trump cheering.

The network president's comment to reporters that season eleven would move away from politics - news to both Barr and Helford - and the possibility the writers met without her to discuss that season ramping up her paranoia to "they took my show" levels provides an interesting context for the daughter's immediate reaction of assuming self-sabotage (a theory I saw many viewers posit at the time, too).

• Like 5

It's what Tom Arnold of all people said too around the day of: On some level, she wanted it to happen. I believe both are right.

• Like 6

I accidentally stumbled across these stories this evening and I can't believe she has put this ALLLLL on Sara. Roseanne herself took away her career and show. SHE did that allll alone and I'm sick of her bitching. 

It also flickered a memory of her making a statement somewhere (Can't recall if I saw it on the news or read it ) where Roseanne pinged Sara using the language of Sara's tweet. It sure came off as shady. Today it reaffirms what a POS she is.  There are just not enough adjectives to describe my disgust of Ms. Barr. 

I liked her comedy specials, followed the show but now SHE is canceled and deleted from my life. She has derailed. It's going to be even further now. For fucks sake she doesn't have ONE friend to tell her about herself??!!! 

I have friends that will kick my ass should I go sideways. She has no friends. And it's her fault.  

• Like 6

I don't think people like Goodman quite understand that you can be nice to people of other races/ethnicities/gender/etc when you are face to face but still be a racist, misogynist or whatever. Not to mention that Twitter seems to bring out the worst in people. (Or maybe it just brings out who you really are.)   

• Like 5

I was checking out the new Viacom content on the streaming app for PlutoTV earlier tonight and happened to notice that it has all 9 seasons of classic Roseanne.  If you have a Roku or similar device that has a PlutoTV app on it, you might want to check it out. (Be warned, it's an ad supported free channel.)   

The Sinclair streaming app STIRR also has the first season of Roseanne in their retro tv section.  Pluto wins with all 9 though. 

• Like 1