Type keyword(s) to search

Revenge - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Nolan would make the most sense. I assume that he's not named because they haven't locked down Gabriel Mann yet.

Wasn't there rumors of the Revenge spin-off featuring Nolan in the last season? I wonder why this idea is coming back around now.

Edited by Trini

I want to try and revive this thread a bit as I love Revenge (at least S1)... I rediscovered it during the lockdowns and got lost in the soap opera and over the top ninja/superhero qualities of Emily Thorne ... not to mention the clothes. But NO ONE i know has watched it LOL. Pity there is no reunion but in a way it makes sense. Unless they had Nolan or Emily acting in the Takeda role running a revenge camp or something, I don't see a reunion being very compelling other than finding out how everyone ended up. 

UO but I loved Emily - both the actor and the character ... I loved her whispering and her eyes narrowing and her IDGAF attitude. I loved, for example, when Taylor was messing with her and Daniel and unlike every other soap opera when Daniel bailed on her dinner and accused her of cheating with Jack she was like "I made that dinner for you, dumbass" and also when she called out Taylor for being a liar at the double date. Also loved her giving advice to Daniel when he was in Riker's and how she gave her real name to Mason in order to stop Fauxmanda from tire ironing him and the WHM when he abducted Nolan. I liked when she pretended to break up with Adrian in front of Daniel and I loved it when she told Nolan "Do it and I'll buy you a house." A good times. I know Nolan had alot of great lines but I enjoyed the times when Emily Thorne got her zings in. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Klaw said:

I know Nolan had alot of great lines but I enjoyed the times when Emily Thorne got her zings in. 

As did I. I still quote Nolan’s “I haven’t been this disappointed since Phantom Menace” but lately I’ve replaced the last part with GOT lol.

Happy that Emily and Josh are doing well, and they just had a baby!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Trini said:

I too really liked season 1, but then it got too soapy for my taste, and less about Emily's revenge quest.

And they REALLY dropped the ball by having David be alive all along. Though I did love Emily’s response to David hypocritically being aghast at her actions: “You left me a journal listing everyone that framed you, what did you think was going to happen?!”

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

And they REALLY dropped the ball by having David be alive all along.

THIS!!! This plot "twist" was even worse than the "Initiative" crap. And the reason why - he was held captive by EVUL MALCOLM BLACK for 10 years was so cringeworthy. Plus they made him come back weird and whispery and he messed with Nolan. Ugh. And that he got back with Victoria was so gross (yea he was going to kill her but not really). No p*ssy is that good, not even Victoria's golden vajayjay. If they had to do season 4, I would have rather had them explore Emily's coming to grips with having completed her "mission" (taking down the Graysons) and facing how screwed up she really was and felt ... Like, keep Victoria in the snake pit and have Conrad suffer in prison and Daniel be a tortured soul* and have Nolan and Jack try to pull her back... 

*Daniel Season 4 was so interesting and I loved the dynamic between the two of them. Their love/hate relationship was so entertaining!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Klaw said:

Daniel Season 4 was so interesting and I loved the dynamic between the two of them. Their love/hate relationship was so entertaining!

Ooh yes. It reminded me of how she and Nolan interacted in the early episodes. Although it came to a bittersweet end with him getting shot and them making peace before he died.

2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Although it came to a bittersweet end with him getting shot and them making peace before he died.

ITA... that was one of the highlights of a pretty crappy season. 

• Love 1
11 hours ago, Trini said:

Thanks for this @Trini Good read. So...

*we get confirmation that ABC really ruined the show by pressuring for all those episodes and ramping up the stupid soapiness (more OTT drama, less red sharpie revenge goodness)

*I can see why EVC was so exhausted at the end that role was crazy physical ... and alot of it she did in high heels!!!

*I really wish they had not pushed Mike Kelley out. Season 1, especially the first half, was so good ... you can see why he wanted only 15 episodes a season. 

*interesting comments regarding the show in hindsight of BLM ... I will comment that this is the one time that I think the cast being virtually all white was probably more accurate to real life, as depressing as that is. The Graysons were supposed to be the 1% of the 1%  and running a prestigious Wall Street firm and I think they implied that they were Republicans (pre-TFG Republicans) ... it does not get any whiter than that world and people like that ensure that their environment stays blindingly white and that the only POC are either the Help (Ashley) or on the periphery (but in a service role - see, e.g., Daniel's criminal lawyer and Conrad's divorce attorney). You even had Conrad call Ashley "exotic" when he set her up with that South American investor in season 2... while cringeworthy and offensive, that is exactly how a rich and privileged white guy would talk about a beautiful WOC. But it is interesting to wonder how they would have cast it today, for example, would Nolan Ross been a POC in addition to being bisexual? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Klaw said:

*we get confirmation that ABC really ruined the show by pressuring for all those episodes and ramping up the stupid soapiness (more OTT drama, less red sharpie revenge goodness)

I think it was the the first episode after the the mid-season break in Season 1, there was a montage of all of of Emily's revenges so far -- and it was soooo satisfying!! Not enough revenging in the later seasons.

• Love 2
On 9/20/2021 at 4:21 PM, Klaw said:

I want to try and revive this thread a bit as I love Revenge (at least S1)... I rediscovered it during the lockdowns and got lost in the soap opera and over the top ninja/superhero qualities of Emily Thorne ... not to mention the clothes. But NO ONE i know has watched it LOL. Pity there is no reunion but in a way it makes sense. Unless they had Nolan or Emily acting in the Takeda role running a revenge camp or something, I don't see a reunion being very compelling other than finding out how everyone ended up. 

UO but I loved Emily - both the actor and the character ... I loved her whispering and her eyes narrowing and her IDGAF attitude. I loved, for example, when Taylor was messing with her and Daniel and unlike every other soap opera when Daniel bailed on her dinner and accused her of cheating with Jack she was like "I made that dinner for you, dumbass" and also when she called out Taylor for being a liar at the double date. Also loved her giving advice to Daniel when he was in Riker's and how she gave her real name to Mason in order to stop Fauxmanda from tire ironing him and the WHM when he abducted Nolan. I liked when she pretended to break up with Adrian in front of Daniel and I loved it when she told Nolan "Do it and I'll buy you a house." A good times. I know Nolan had alot of great lines but I enjoyed the times when Emily Thorne got her zings in. 

I felt like those were the moments when Emily dropped her persona and was Amanda. 

I'm glad to see a little life in this thread. I always thought this show would have been better if it had been condensed. That lines up with what its creator wanted. I've often thought that TV should do more limited run series. I feel like they could potentially charge more for advertising. Telling companies this show will only run for three seasons, 15 episodes. So people will be more likely to stick with it and see your ads. I gave up on Revenge halfway through season 3. I saw the last episode or two of seasons three and four, but have never really felt the desire to go back and watch everything I missed. I still sometimes put on the first and second seasons, which I still enjoy.  

• Love 2
On 9/23/2021 at 7:17 PM, TrixieTrue said:

I gave up on Revenge halfway through season 3. I saw the last episode or two of seasons three and four, but have never really felt the desire to go back and watch everything I missed. I still sometimes put on the first and second seasons, which I still enjoy.  

That's me. I only rewatched all 4 seasons the past year due to the pandemic, but it was a slog after season 2. To be sure, they could've ended it at the Season 3 finale (minus stupid David coming back) and it would've been a nice ending. Season 4 was just a waste of time IMHO (although I did once in awhile enjoy Louise but generally, I could've done without "Poppet"). 

• Love 1

Currently rewatching. Damn did this remind me how much I hated Jack! He vacillates between being level headed to being so damn irrational all the time. Too bad he didn't die instead of Amanda. She was crazy, but at least she was consistent and entertaining.

And definitely never enough Nolan. 

• Like 2