Type keyword(s) to search

Reign - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Adelaide Kane talked about her finances on TikTok and why she isn't a zillionaire after four years on Reign:

Summary:

• SAG minimum for a series regular is $20k per episode
  • she did 78 episodes of Reign for a total of $1.56 million
  • 10% went to her agent
  • 10% went to her manager
  • 5% went to her lawyer
  • 5% went to her business manager
  • was she taxed 30% for being a foreign national working in the US
  • she was paying rent in two cities
  • her publicist was paid $2000-$3000 per month
  • her social media team was paid $2000 per month
  • hair and makeup cost $1000-$2000 per month
  • her stylist was paid $700-$1500 per outfit
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Adelaide Kane talked about her finances on TikTok and why she isn't a zillionaire after four years on Reign:

Summary:

• SAG minimum for a series regular is $20k per episode
  • she did 78 episodes of Reign for a total of $1.56 million
  • 10% went to her agent
  • 10% went to her manager
  • 5% went to her lawyer
  • 5% went to her business manager
  • was she taxed 30% for being a foreign national working in the US
  • she was paying rent in two cities
  • her publicist was paid $2000-$3000 per month
  • her social media team was paid $2000 per month
  • hair and makeup cost $1000-$2000 per month
  • her stylist was paid $700-$1500 per outfit

Why was she paying rent in two cities? Knowing she was moving around for filming air bnbs and short term rentals would’ve been the way to go.  I don’t think she was high profile enough to need hair and makeup every month outside of filming (which the studio would pay for), I would’ve just hired people as needed for events. 

Taxes, managers etc are all expected expenses. I don’t expect her to be wealthy but I’m sure she saved something. (Okay well I can’t be SURE because you know how people are). Not enough money to never work again, but to cover emergencies. 

Do I wanna watch Reign again?? Maybe! I loved the costumes and the earrings!

On 8/26/2020 at 11:12 PM, Scarlett45 said:

Do I wanna watch Reign again?? Maybe! I loved the costumes and the earrings!

I know this is 3 years later, lol, but I just started watching it. Not quite a re-watch for me as I've only seen a handful of episodes over all the seasons, probably when I left the channel on after the airing of an episode of some other CW show I was watching at the time.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I know this is 3 years later, lol, but I just started watching it. Not quite a re-watch for me as I've only seen a handful of episodes over all the seasons, probably when I left the channel on after the airing of an episode of some other CW show I was watching at the time.

Ha! Maybe I will join you. I think I watched for the first time in 2018. 

1 hour ago, Scarlett45 said:

Ha! Maybe I will join you. I think I watched for the first time in 2018. 

Yay! I just started. I have a lot of eye rolling moments, but am enjoying the fashions, even if all the sleeveless dresses worn at official events seem out of place.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Yay! I just started. I have a lot of eye rolling moments, but am enjoying the fashions, even if all the sleeveless dresses worn at official events seem out of place.

Where are you watching? It’s not on Netflix any more, and I’m not interested in buying it. 

On 4/10/2023 at 3:41 PM, luckyroll3 said:

What gets me are these HAIRSTYLES! The loose hair and little braids. Bad wigs. 

This show is such a soap opera. Can Mary & Francis just get married already?? “When it’s right for France I’ll marry you!” 500x an episode. 

I did love the statement earrings on this series. The ballgowns were fun too. 

• LOL 1
15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

This show is such a soap opera.

Yes! Catherine is basically Helena Cassadine with all her evil schemes. And then, she gets exactly what she wants, with Mary choosing to find someone else other than Francis, but she still finds something else to be mad about and scheme around. It's so dramatic!

Also, I wish they had chosen between being a historical drama or a fantasy, as opposed to doing both. It's like every few episodes they remember about the pagan sacrifices and monsters and ghosts or whatever. Which could have been cool, IF that was the point of the show. And the history part is so off the wall; like I get creative license, but they could get a bit more right beside the names.

That being said, I've always been so curious about the Medici's, so it's interesting to see how her family, and people's perceptions of them, impact Catherine's behavior and decisions. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Also, I wish they had chosen between being a historical drama or a fantasy, as opposed to doing both. It's like every few episodes they remember about the pagan sacrifices and monsters and ghosts or whatever. Which could have been cool, IF that was the point of the show. And the history part is so off the wall; like I get creative license, but they could get a bit more right beside the names.

Yes, I think they wouldve done better to lean into the fantasy aspect than the historical drama aspect. It's like its trying to do something Starz would do, but its too campy. 

I’m Season 1 Episode 10, and I’m kind of liking Bash these days. I can’t remember if that changes. 

Re-watching I totally get how Lola and Francis ended up in bed together. I mean he’s pretty cute and he did save her brother’s ass so I get why she was turned on. And Mary was going to marry Bash! Yeah I’m not mad at them. 

Anna Poppelwell is absolutely stunning- her face is angelic. I saw a sales woman in the makeup department at Nordstrom that was the splitting image of her and I had to show her pictures. 

• Love 1

So do we think this whiplash between Bash/Mary/Francis was to create conflict and get Francis in bed with Lola in a way we would still root for Mary and Francis? I plum forgot Mary de Guise was portrayed by Amy Brenneman, aka Judging Amy.

On 4/28/2023 at 10:01 AM, Scarlett45 said:

So do we think this whiplash between Bash/Mary/Francis was to create conflict and get Francis in bed with Lola in a way we would still root for Mary and Francis?

Oh definitely! Especially since the Bash-Mary thing seemed to come up out of nowhere. I'm much more interested in the Francis-Mary-Conde, cause that dude is HOT, smart, and a nice guy. The only thing Francis got going for him is a crown.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Oh definitely! Especially since the Bash-Mary thing seemed to come up out of nowhere. I'm much more interested in the Francis-Mary-Conde, cause that dude is HOT, smart, and a nice guy. The only thing Francis got going for him is a crown.

I haven’t made it there yet but I remember it was juicy!

Season 2 started with a bang- I thought locking up Edward in the with infected was a fitting punishment for murdering an entire household of people. Shit- I didn’t remember Edward was Narcisse’s SON!!! Was that actor young enough to be his son? Maybe if he was a teen parent I suppose. 

Regarding Lola/Francis- I understand where Lola is coming from (I really do), but I’m on Francis’ side on this one. Being the king’s non marital child isn’t a bad life, and it’s not as if he’s trying to keep Lola away from her son, nor would Mary be unkind to him. If Lola takes him away and marries someone else, he loses access to that protection. And we know Lola marries Narcisse- it’s not as if Francis would stop her from doing that or having other children if she wants them. 

Lola definitely had a 20th century mentality that was a tad bit unrealistic for the times. 

Edward definitely got what he deserved. This idea of "don't piss off your nobles" was interesting for me. Cause if I was king/queen, I would have been chopping heads, tossing folks in jail, or repossessing land/wealth anytime one of these people got out of line. Henri was a bit crazy but people didn't challenge him like that. 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Lola definitely had a 20th century mentality that was a tad bit unrealistic for the times. 

Edward definitely got what he deserved. This idea of "don't piss off your nobles" was interesting for me. Cause if I was king/queen, I would have been chopping heads, tossing folks in jail, or repossessing land/wealth anytime one of these people got out of line. Henri was a bit crazy but people didn't challenge him like that. 

I think there’s a balance- you have to have people willing to follow you to a certain extent. The king is just one person, and soldiers mean nothing if they won’t fight for you.  However, there are rules of the game, Narcisse’s broke them by stealing from the Vatican (getting caught) and his son certainly broke them by murdering an entire household of people in the castle. 

Francis is still a young king and there has been a plague, everyone is on edge. I get why Mary did what she did, but Edward would’ve been a valuable hostage. 

I know the CW app is free and all but it’s fickle. Today I can’t see “continue watching” and I can select season 2 of Reign (I can’t scroll across)- so I’ll have to wait to watch more Reign. 

9 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I know the CW app is free and all but it’s fickle. Today I can’t see “continue watching” and I can select season 2 of Reign (I can’t scroll across)- so I’ll have to wait to watch more Reign. 

Their app sucks!

So I haven’t continued watching because I can’t get it to scroll to the right to view season 2. I then had the great idea to watch the last episode of season 1 again to get me back into season 2. Has this happened to you?

IMG_8916.jpeg

• LOL 1

And that didn’t work. I got to season 2 but as soon as I left the screen it did the same thing. I can’t scroll across to get to season 2!

So I will have to just watch on my iPad I suppose. 

I’m getting back into watching this. I like that Lola and Mary finally worked it out for the sake of their friendship. I thought the time it took was fair. Mary & Francis were broken up, but Mary was still hurt, and it’s not as if Lola was actually in love with Francis or anything like that; but Lola’s life is forever impacted as the mother of Francis’ eldest son (non marital or not). 

The costumes are just so beautiful, gorgeous evening gowns with sleeves- I wish more designers made evening gowns with sleeves especially for winter time. 

• Like 1