Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

The Real Housewives Of Potomac

Recommended Posts


You guys - all the wig discussion and no one mentioned Katie’s at dinner? It didn’t even look like hair.  Maybe some kind of pelt on her head?

I can’t deal with people who are late all the time.  I can’t count the number of times my ex almost made us late for things - flights, dinners, parties.  I hate it.  And just like Robyn, he was totally chill while I was freaking out.  

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 8

Share this post


Link to post

I have a friend who is constantly late and I try to never do anything time sensitive but my life got easier once I told her that if she is late I am not waiting, she is still late but I don’t feel anxious or guilty for leaving her ass. It’s so disrespectful of other people’s time but they should have always just told Robin to meet her at the airport. 

Robin needs to dump Juan she never will hell he tried to dump her by leaving her for another woman and she still cling on for dear life. It’s sad but I no longer feel sympathy for her.

  • Like 12
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "Juan, did you hear me say I love you?"

Juan:  "Oh, must've been a bad connection.  I heard everything else  you said perfectly clear but did not hear you say you love me 8000 times."  

And she played it off like she thinks it was cute. Robyn is pitiful. Said it before, say it again: whatever Juan is doing with her, he's doing because he doesn't have any better offers.

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 18
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

It’s so disrespectful of other people’s time but they should have always just told Robin to meet her at the airport

I assumed they flew out of BWI & since Robyn basically lives in Baltimore she is only 15 minutes from the airport. Also Robyn is rude & entitled so if they flew out of Dulles I’m sure it wouldn’t have changed her behavior. 

I will always dislike Candiace for responding to someone on Twitter who did not tag her and said something about the money for the wedding (but nicely) with calling them paycheck to paycheck cockroaches. It was an over the top reaction to something that she didn’t know. Also I hate that bbq restaurant & it replaced a place I really liked. (I’m petty)

I don’t really care if Michael is bi but I do care if he touches people without permission. Also he was a jerk the one time I went to Oz (I had to go for a party). 

I swear I enjoy this show. 

  • Like 11
  • Useful 3
  • Laugh 4
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post

I don't mind Candiace but she can save me her tears. She wants the convenience of her mother's money but wants complete autonomy from her mother which she knows she can't have if she constantly takes the woman's money. She's trying to make herself look like an responsible, level-headed adult when speaking with her mother so that she can play the victim of her mother's controlling behaviour when in truth she's just trying to hold on to every bit of coin she can. If being married makes her so grown and needing boundaries - get out of the house. Let her mother buy her out or sell the house and take your share. Find a smaller home so that your mortgage payments are about the same and that way you're still on pace to save for your dream home. She has a chance to find a healthier relationship with her mother if she would stop latching on to her mom's bank account.

The bar is set so low for Robyn, she's praising Juan for taking care of his children and opening a front door. How embarrassing she had to keep repeating 'I love you' until he said it back. Funny how the poor connection only kicked in when she began repeating 'I love you', haha.

Ashley is so messy that I honestly don't mind anyone having opinions about her drinking habit in preparation for a baby or calling out the inappropriate shit that comes out of her husband's mouth. She likes to talk about their husbands so hers is absolutely fair game.

Gizelle sounded horrible on the trip. I can't imagine many of them were mad that she couldn't talk much, lol.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

5 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I don't mind Candiace but she can save me her tears. She wants the convenience of her mother's money but wants complete autonomy from her mother which she knows she can't have if she constantly takes the woman's money.

Yep. There are some parents who will give their kids money with no strings. Candiace's mother isn't that mother, never has been, and never will be. She's bought a say in her daughter's life. (The younger one would do well to watch the relationship between Candiace and her mother and stand on her own two feet from jump.) The ONLY way to get her mother out of her shit is to be 100% financially independent - but I suspect Candiace & Chris's income won't support her in the lifestyle to which she's become accustomed, so she's dragging her feet.

(I love Candiace's dad for straight up telling her no, in exactly those words, when she went around him begging for more money on top of the $20K he was putting up for the wedding.)

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post

Are Robyn and Juan even friends? Their relationship seems prickly at best.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It boggles my mind that her mom is a psychologist who chose to flaunt her Wiley dysfunctional relationship with her daughter on tv.  

I'm terrified for the folks who actually see Candiace's mom for treatment/therapy....

  • Like 21

Share this post


Link to post

Candiace doesn’t pay anything for where she lives let’s be real. She tries to pass it off as her and Chris paying half the mortgage but then her mom says on that call that candiace has lived there for 6 years and hasn’t paid anything. Which is fine but just be honest lol.

Also why is what Michael said about sucking someone’s dick such a secret. Why is everyone keeping this secret. Lol weird.

Robyn is embarrassing. Has to say I love you 10 times before Juan will be all oh I love you too cause he’s on the spot lol.

I don’t get Giselle’s outrage at Karen. Obviously Karen is gonna answer all those questions it’s a potential biz opportunity. Her and Karen just became friends again too. I hate to say it but I agree with Karen on this one. 

  • Like 15

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2019 at 10:24 PM, For Cereals said:

Candiass, you want respect and to live your life?  Stop taking the money from mom and set up a plan to pay her back for the wedding of your dreams.  Or, let her sell the condo and give up your 2/3 since you are a married woman now and find something affordable that allows you to continue to save.  You may have to move to Robin’s neighborhood...Can’t have it both ways.

Didn’t the mom say in the video chat “you need to pay rent?”  They were both talking at the same time, but the captions said “rent”. 

ETA:  Marley beat me to it. I didn’t hit send last night and just hit it now before catching up. 🙂

Edited by TV Diva Queen
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Candiace's mom is an asshole, but if you don't want to be controlled, don't have someone paying for your lifestyle.

I once mentioned to my kid that I was thinking of buying a condo that she could rent from me when she moves out. She liked that idea.  And then I thought about her toxic waste dump of a room and imagining her trashing the condo.  Later I mentioned that if I did that, she would never feel independent from me b/c I'd be coming over and seeing whatever damage she has done.  She rents an apartment and I don't have any power over her.

Candiace needs to emancipate herself from her mom.  Scale down her lifestyle if need be.    

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 2:44 PM, Empress1 said:

A quick Google search says he made $23M during his NBA career, but that doesn't say much about what he's worth now - could be more if he invested well, could be less.

IIRC she didn't name the firm she worked for on the show, but I could be wrong. She hasn't mentioned it in a minute. I hope she's not living on the show income alone, and she's so clearly going to lose money on that flip. One thing I've liked about Robyn is that she's been very clear about her financial situation: she had a full-time job because she needed a full-time job, she shops on a budget, she lives in a pretty modest townhouse, etc. It seems like she has a little more wiggle room now (isn't Juan working?), but if I were her I'd still keep that steady paycheck in addition to the Bravo money. More sources of income is never a bad thing.

Juan has been a college basketball coach for the last 2-3 seasons. Even being conservative, he's making $150-$300k easy. Not enough to support a HW lifestyle, but more than enough to help them get out of debt, and live a normal life in their sensible townhouse with regular people needs.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 8:15 PM, Bronzedog said:

Wait!  Karen got all that at the dentist for a crown?  I have several crowns and have never gotten anything but novocaine.  And, I went alone.  Dramatic, much?

My SO's dentist specializes in patients who are uncomfortable at the dentist. He will give you Valium, Novocain, laughing gas or whatever else is necessary to get someone comfortable enough to have their teeth worked on. He's even got a meditation/relaxation room for folks to chill out if they come early and have to wait. Everyone that I know that goes there swears by him, LOL! I've never been afraid to have someone in my mouth rooting around, so I don't understand it, but as the dentist said, there are enough people that are afraid that he can build a whole practice around them so...

Edited by Rlb8031
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Rlb8031 said:

Juan has been a college basketball coach for the last 2-3 seasons. Even being conservative, he's making $150-$300k easy. Not enough to support a HW lifestyle, but more than enough to help them get out of debt, and live a normal life in their sensible townhouse with regular people needs.

News articles indicate the former coach Juan replaced made around 144K.  Seemingly, they would be okay but given the fact they blew his NBA money, it's hard to believe they are actually spending/saving correctly particularly since his roommate Robyn is likely spending any HW money on house flipping.  I think he's staying with her b/c he gets free and easy sex, doesn't have to pay for a second residence and child support, and probably can have a bunch of side chicks b/c he knows he can apparently cheat on Robyn and she'll always be there for him.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/26/2019 at 9:29 PM, Adeejay said:

Candiace, sweetie, perhaps your mother will treat you as an adult, when you act like one.  How about starting by paying your own rent! 

Robyn getting overly excited and happy because Juan is doing the bare minimum is sad. 

Just now, cecehe said:
On 5/26/2019 at 9:29 PM, Adeejay said:

Candiace, sweetie, perhaps your mother will treat you as an adult, when you act like one.  How about starting by paying your own rent! 

Robyn getting overly excited and happy because Juan is doing the bare minimum is sad. 

Why does she not get this?  She does not have to be under her Mom's thumb. She chooses to be.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Thoughts...

Robyn

I agree, I think the HW gang flew out of BWI. Robyn lives probably 15 minutes from BWI.  It wouldn't make sense timewise for her to still be packing, then wash the pink out of her hair, dry it, then jump in a car and roll down 95/495/395 to Dulles or National and meet the rest of the housewives on time.  Hanover to Bethesda (Giselle's house) is easily 45 minutes.  Also, if they were flying out of National, it wouldn't have made sense for Ashley (or Candiace) to drive to Bethesda and if they were flying out of Dulles, it wouldn't have made sense for Karen to drive to Bethesda.

As far as house flipping is concerned, a LOT of people, not just Robyn, watched too much Flip or Flop and think they can be house flippers too.  I guarantee Robyn has paid way more money rehabbing the house than she (her mom) paid to buy the house.

Robyn SHOULD have used the show to start her own marketing/PR company. That would've been a more interesting storyline than Juan's bad connections.

Gizelle vs Karen

I'm on Karen's side with this one.  Karen didn't need to tell Gizelle about her business plans and Gizelle didn't need to ambush Karen at the table about talking to the business woman.

Ashley vs. Candiace*

We'll see more in the next episode but it was unnecessary for Ashley to provide commentary to Candiace about her mommy issues, especially when Ashley just got finished with her mommy issues and has touchy feely husband issues.  Gurl bye.

Candiace vs. her mom

A. Housing

 It appears she lives in the Potomac Overlook townhouses and they range from $600-900K.  Ain't no way Chris & Candiace can afford it separately or together.  Mom bought it and they are supposed to pay her 2/3 of the mortgage in rent.  IMO, Candiace's mom told her & Chris they didn't have to pay (because they can't afford to pay) and then she holds that non-payment over Candiace's head.

What CHRIS needs to do is tell Candiace they are moving to Virginia**, they're going to get themselves a cute apartment in Old Town and that's that.  But Chris isn't going to do that because while he may be nice, he's a bum.  No self respecting man is going to live off of his wife, much less his mother-in-law.

B. Relationship

Candiace's mom doesn't want Candiace to be an adult or stand on her two feet because that means she will no longer have any control over Candiace & she won't have her supply.  Any and every time Candiace tries or will try to become independent of her, Mama will guilt trip Candiace into sticking around, then give her more money & materials to sweeten the deal.  Candiace married Chris because Mama tolerates him because he's a weak bum.  If Candiace had actually married the type of man she said her Mama wanted her to marry (i.e. a successful black doctor like her father), Candiace's  mother would've hit the roof and tried to run that man off because he would've put his foot down about Mama always being in the house and Mama always holding money over Candiace's head.  If Mr. Successful Black Guy had his own money to spoil Candiace with, that would lessen the power Mama had over Candiace and Mama can't have that.  I would bet Candiace HAS dated successful black men with their own money and Mama found each & every one of them lacking.

Mama probably doesn't pull the same games on the sister because the sister's father probably ain't having it.

*Ashley & Candiace are two sides of the same coin. It's just that Candiace didn't grow up as impoverished as Ashley.

**I've been house hunting in Maryland and Candiace & Chris probably can't afford Robyn's neighborhood either.  Well, neither can Robyn & Juan which is why they're renting.  They need to get themselves an apartment off Route 1 and call it a day.

Edited by drivethroo
  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

I don’t get Giselle’s outrage at Karen. Obviously Karen is gonna answer all those questions it’s a potential biz opportunity. Her and Karen just became friends again too. I hate to say it but I agree with Karen on this one. 

I was #Team Karen too!  Here’s the thing….if Gizelle was so in her feelings about what Karen did then she should have either pulled her aside at the Expo and expressed how she felt or she should have gone to Karen’s hotel room in NO or had Karen come to her room, where they could have discussed it privately.  If she is going to ‘work on communicating better’, then she should have thought it through before sharing the situation at the table with the other ladies.  The thing that I would have cancelled her for would be her questioning our friendship over something so stupid, and in front of the ladies.

Quote

Robyn is embarrassing. Has to say I love you 10 times before Juan will be all oh I love you too cause he’s on the spot lol.

Precisely.  Gotdamn I realize Juan is her first love but seriously, is the dick that good?!  Because when it comes to him she behaves in so many unbelievably levels of stupid that I’m hoping he dumps her for a side chick.  Regarding her lateness, that shit ain’t cute at all.  Bitch acting like she’s got a huge wardrobe, pack that Target shit and get your ass on the plane!

  • Like 3
  • Laugh 15

Share this post


Link to post

On ‎3‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 10:48 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

oh Giselle girl fighting with errrrrbody this season 🙂 and Ashly growing some balls "we are in your mama's house" lol i cant wait

Giselle must realize the reason Karen didn't share any details with her last season regarding her business is because she simply didn't trust her. Giselle hasn't proven herself to be a good friend because she's messy.  Now Giselle want's to act like the victim because Karen opened up to someone that Giselle introduced her to . This mess has to be performing for the cameras because there is no way she wouldn't understand that . If I were Karen I would have told her that right at the table because this is nonsense. The nerve !!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Why is Robin paying a contractor to remodel her closet in her rental???  

And will it take 18 months for it to be 25% done like her flips?

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 9

Share this post


Link to post

What was up with that mask Katie was wearing when she was smoking her cigarette on the balcony? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
23 hours ago, sasha206 said:

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "I love you" 

Juan: "Crickets."

Robyn:  "Juan, did you hear me say I love you?"

Juan:  "Oh, must've been a bad connection.  I heard everything else  you said perfectly clear but did not hear you say you love me 8000 times."  

My FAVORITE Juan (non) response was:

* turns head to pretend kids are acting up....... "Ay!"

Edited by SlutAssBitchAssHor
  • Like 4
  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

@drivethroo, I'm going to mimic your wonderfully organized post, in a somewhat less organized way, but I'm giving you all the credit.

Candiace--Candiace, I heard you say that you, your mom and Chris split the monthly mortgage payment, but I didn't hear you say you all split it evenly.  I would pay money to see Chris and Candiace's check book stubs, because they probably each pony up $3, while Dorothy pays the other $3,000 ($5,000?) per month, and Candiace can still say with a straight face "we're splitting it."

I don't have a problem with a child--even an adult child--living off their parent's largesse, but if you want to be independent, and your mom literally won't entertain one conversation about it, it's as other posters have pointed out upthread, time to fish or cut bait.  Right now, with the situation being as precarious as it is, with Chris having three children and Candiace's employment status being "it's complicated," why not just live off mom and eat some crow?  Chris seems to be doing a real good job of it.  He's asking for seconds.

Gizelle--I've said last week that she needs a better therapist, and now I am doubling down.  When your kids tell you that they want you to get married again so that you're not always so annoyed at them, that is not just an "ah-ha moment."  That is a "maybe I should skip the NoLa trip to bond with my kids, cause I've hurt them so much" moment.  If Gizelle doesn't take the opportunity to get her priorities straight, her kids will, in all likelihood, mirrror that behavior as they begin dating.  And--believe me--if no one's ever struggled with it, that feeling that your man makes your worth is sometimes harder to shake than a bone fide addiction.  I still struggle with it 20 some odd years since beginning to deal with boys!

Gizelle vs Karen

Winner: Karen (!!)

Gizelle was so transparent about setting Karen up for a fall.  The week prior, Gizelle had asked Karen what was in the works and Karen wouldn't tell her. If Gizelle had true intentions, she would have taken that opportunity to tell Karen that she (Gizelle) has fabulous people with whom she wants to connect with Karen, but that Gizelle needs to know a little more about Karen's business/brand, or she can't vouch for Karen, and wouldn't feel comfortable introducing her to professionals.  I could get behind that.  What I can't get behind is taking the non-answers at face value, introducing Karen to the business contact, and then making it a whole thing in New Orleans.  Not cool at all.

Monique--for someone who came on this show filled with piss and vinegar and the love for Jesus so strong in her heart that she didn't even cuss (remember that was the excuse she used on her pastor when he asked Monique why she called Gizelle a trick?), Monique seems to be...petering out...for lack of a better term.  I think the pregnancy is making her tired, and I think she is one of those people who can't have fun without drinking.  I can't stand her, and I can't stand the look in her TH with the heavy black eyeliner.  Looks very harsh.  I can't even stand her voice.  I dunno.  Maybe misplaced expectations.  I exprected Monique to come on this show and just slay Gizelle and be a foil to the mean girls.  Then, when they previewed season three, I thought Candiace was supposed to come on as a foil for Monique, and shit could have gotten interesting, but, alas, it never went anywhere.

Robyn--duller than dishwater, or should I say, duller than pink hair dye being washed down the sink?  I think, if not for her friendship with the other green-eyed bandit, Robyn would have found herself in Bravo purgatory along with Charrisse long ago.

Ashley--Michael really doesn't want a baby, does he?  I haven't seen a man re-route so many emotions into a bicycle ride since RHOC's Eddie Judge.  Ashley:  "should I bring my heating pad?"  Michael:  "Um, yeah, if it's gonna keep you warm ...for the baby."  Like Ashley, he doesn't give a shit.  He wants to ride his bicycle off of a high rise apartment to get away from you and your baby talk.  Just stop.  It's embarrassing.  I don't care if Michael wants to suck dicks.  It really doesn't faze me.  If Candiace thinks that's her trump card...good luck with that one.  I think Sherman creeping in the park after dark is a bigger deal, and even that is, eh.

Karen--Well now that I'm pretty much throwing all my faves under the bus this week, I'm just going to go ahead and stand up for Karen (again), given this is Bizarro Week.  I have a very acute fear of the dentist, to say the least.  It's as bad as any phobia.  Knowing this about me, my dentist would never work on a crown on me without putting me under IV sedation first, because he knows I would refuse to open my mouth for the needle and nothing would happen.  I have to be out.  Now, having said that, I don't believe Karen has an actual dental phobia, because when people have that, going to the dentist is like going to a funeral:  you're heavily medicated ahead of time, and there is no conversation with girl friends, because you're trying to hold back tears.  Plus, nitrous wears off in five minutes; there is no need for a ride home.  So, unless Karen did get sedation dentistry when they wheeled her away from Candiace (it did take two hours) there was no reason to get a ride home.  Any residual "loopiness" Karen was otherwise feeling was in her head.

Katie--I'm am just so sad about whatever is going on with her now as juxtaposed against that flashback they showed on Sunday night.  Something very dark appears to be going on with her right now.  I'm not trying to be dramatic, but if another Bravolebirty were to die, I would not be shocked if it was her.  I feel bad for her.  Something is very wrong.  I hope she gets well.

  • Like 7
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, LibertarianSlut said:

-Candiace, I heard you say that you, your mom and Chris split the monthly mortgage payment, but I didn't hear you say you all split it evenly.  I would pay money to see Chris and Candiace's check book stubs, because they probably each pony up $3, while Dorothy pays the other $3,000 ($5,000?)

I don’t know if it’s true or not but she specifically says that she pays a third and Chris pays a third so according to her they are covering 2/3rds the mortgage.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I forgot about the dentist trip with Candiace.

I too was deathly afraid of the dentist and yes, you'd better numb my ass like a zombie before even trying to open my mouth....that said, I was with Karen in being scared because you don't know what's going to happen and that's worse then when you do know what's going on.

Twasn't dramatic IMO.

Share this post


Link to post

@biakbiak

Oh, ok, I believe you.  I never watch the epi more than once, so I could have missed something.  Maybe because my profession calls for very precise language, and that bleeds into my life, I thought Candiace omitting the fact that they split the mortgage "equally" was a big tell, but maybe she just thought "splitting it" implied an even split.

I'm with you though--I don't know if it's true or not.  I'd need to see the check stubs to believe C & C were/are regularly covering 2/3 on that condo.  Also, what about mandatory association fees?  I was in a Candiace situation when I was in my  20s, and, yes, I paid my dad rent every month or he would have evicted my ass, but those huge "association fees"?  Were never discussed.  Just covered by dad.  At the same time, I was very mindful of the favor my dad was doing for me, and we never had to have discussions about whether I was an adult.  Yes, I partied too hard, but I broke my ass studying and, later, working.  I don't see a similar effort on Candiace's part, and she is significantly more mature than I was.  So I am reluctantly Team Dorothy, although her delivery sucks.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

When Dorothy said that in the last six years you have had ample time to pay rent. That's when Candiass hung up on her.

  • Like 5
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post

Mr. red12 and I were talking about the show and came to a judgement that Candiace has to have a truly terrible personality in order to be where she is in life. She is pretty (even with the terrible weaves), seems to have grown up in a privileged lifestyle exposed to the "right kinds of people" and still ended up marrying basically a restaurant manager for whom she will be the 3rd baby's mother if things work out. 

Men will put up with a lot for her looks, body and access to her mom's money. She really has to have no game, work ethic or soft skills to be where she is. I mean not even a fledgling pageant coach business or workout wear line? She hasn't even used her exposure from the show to get her Instagram influencer game up. No personal trainer certification or even flat tummy tea deal?

I just don't understand how she doesn't know she has a very limited window and needs to get her shit together FAST.

  • Like 13
  • Useful 3

Share this post


Link to post

Gizelle is a truly shitty friend. But she is the main reason RHWOP is not just a boring documentary on DMV residences. Ashley wants to be Gizelle, but she is too mean and too simple. I won't say she's stupid because she's not; there is just not much complexity there. Nobody really wants to be her friend. Not even the equally vapid Candiace.

Gizelle is the personification of a Mean Girl. There are so many layers - smart, beautiful, wealthy enough, hard-working, a good Mom, thoughtful, fun, funny - that you know there's good in there. And you keep looking for it until you get stung by the scorpion's tail. The only reason Robyn can hang in there is because she has her doormat role down pat from years of practicing with Juan.

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Gotdamn I realize Juan is her first love but seriously, is the dick that good?!

I'm gonna go with no.  Robin probably hasn't been with anyone else, so she doesn't know any better (Like Theresa on RHoNJ).  Also, Juan comes across as so damned self-centered, that I bet he takes care of himself and pays no mind to whether or not Robin gets off.  (I "dated" a Juan-type in college and also thought the dick was good until I met someone who actually reciprocated and cared about my actual enjoyment, not just his own. #tmi Lol!)

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

My SO's dentist specializes in patients who are uncomfortable at the dentist. He will give you Valium, Novocain, laughing gas or whatever else is necessary to get someone comfortable enough to have their teeth worked on.

I have to confess, I TOTALLY related to Karen during this scene ... I had the Dr. Zell of dentists when I was a kid and was totally traumatized for life. I hadn't gone to the dentist in almost 10 years when I finally put on my big-girl panties earlier this year and made an appointment with my current dentist (very proud of myself) ... He knows my fear and didn't lecture me about not coming for the last decade, LOL ... and he's made me my own personal nitrous mask which I need BEFORE I WILL EVEN OPEN MY MOUTH TO LET HIM CHECK MY TEETH. I amazingly did not have any cavities but needed gum planing when I had my teeth cleaned and was given sedation (not IV but pills) along with novocaine along with nitrous. I now have become brave enough to ONLY need nitrous for cleaning as long as I go every six months. 

I do love this show ... I live in MoCo so it's fun to catch glimpses of places I know (not that many because I don't hang out in Potomac ... NORTH Potomac, yes, LOL). I especially loved the season where they went out and rented a house in, IIRC, Bethany Beach, where Mr. Snappy and I go many-but-not-all summers for a few days. I knew almost every restaurant. 

If any of you ladies in the greater MoCo vicinity want to have a season finale watch party, let me know! I'll bring sass and pink hair dye (Colorista). 

Also, I can't remember if I mentioned this at the time but if I did it was on the "old boards" ... back in December 2017 I was at an event out at National Harbor related to my "old life," right around when I officially retired for good. I was on line to check out of the hotel and the couple in front of me was really familiar and I assumed they were connected to the event and was running through my entire mental rolodex, what little is left of it after a stroke and two TGAs ... and I suddenly realized it was Karen and BBG!!!! I actually almost fangeeked a little bit because she saw I recognized her ... and I just babbled a bit and said how much I loved the show. She was actually incredibly gracious and sweet about it and BBG was a doll (I think he's adorable). So my little tiny brush with RHOP fame. They were checking in ... I wonder now if it was for something involved with La Dame (in fact, when I saw that scene, it looked an AWFUL lot like the convention center from the event I was at, but it also seems this season in real time is a lot more recent than that was). 



 

  • Like 10
  • Useful 2

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

Gotdamn I realize Juan is her first love but seriously, is the dick that good?! 

Everything about Juan leads me to believe that it’s not. He seems too selfish and lazy to be any good at sex

  • Like 8
  • Laugh 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, sasha206 said:

News articles indicate the former coach Juan replaced made around 144K.  Seemingly, they would be okay but given the fact they blew his NBA money, it's hard to believe they are actually spending/saving correctly particularly since his roommate Robyn is likely spending any HW money on house flipping.  I think he's staying with her b/c he gets free and easy sex, doesn't have to pay for a second residence and child support, and probably can have a bunch of side chicks b/c he knows he can apparently cheat on Robyn and she'll always be there for him.

Between his income and hers, they are pulling in at least $300k. What are they spending their money on?  It’s certainly not fashions. Their town home is basic and not even located in an upscale area of Baltimore. Inquiry minds want to know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, laprin said:

Between his income and hers, they are pulling in at least $300k. What are they spending their money on?  It’s certainly not fashions. Their town home is basic and not even located in an upscale area of Baltimore. Inquiry minds want to know.

It’s entirely possible that they are still digging themselves out of debt.

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post

20 hours ago, MaggieG said:

What was up with that mask Katie was wearing when she was smoking her cigarette on the balcony? 

She just may be the Kim Richards of the NOLA weekend.  Lot's of questions with no answers.

  • Like 4
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It’s entirely possible that they are still digging themselves out of debt.

This would make Robin’s decision to become a home-flipper irresponsible unless she and Juan are not really investing their own cash. Until the home sells, they are taking on debt because those other outstanding debts are surely still accruing interest. They should have had their fill of risky real estate investments. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, laprin said:

This would make Robin’s decision to become a home-flipper irresponsible unless she and Juan are not really investing their own cash. Until the home sells, they are taking on debt because those other outstanding debts are surely still accruing interest. They should have had their fill of risky real estate investments. 

No one’s accusing them of being smart. Robin’s mom had to help her buy the house because of their financial issues.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/21/2019 at 10:11 AM, Jennabelle88 said:

I think people are reading too much into Chris. I don't think he's possessive or controlling. I think he genuinely loves and is in love with his wife. I think he's just making his wishes known about having a big brood. My husband does this all the time, constantly nagging me about when the next one is. Dude, I'm done. When you can push them babies out and you take care of them 24/7, I'm game for more. Otherwise, nope! And I think him rejecting her abstinence statement was just to be funny. It's quite obvious she's not scared of him; nor do his comments hurt her feelings. She laughed! It's no secret men need sex all day every day, so for her to suggest abstinence was a no go for him. I don't think she meant it anyway. I think they were just having a good-humored conversation.

This was going through my head too! Just...no... It might be for some people, but it definitely ain't for me!

I can't stand Katie and I hope she's not back for a full season.

As for Michael, he's obviously bi. He can't be straight up gay and having sex with a woman, can he? And they're obviously having sex if he knocked her up! Just saying...

what kind of man would say in the presence of other men that he would suck another man's dick ? Unless he's down low, bi-sexual or whatever. I don't know any man that would even make a joke like that unless he wants to really do that .   If I were Ashley I would kick his old butt to the dam curb. 

Edited by byrd
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, biakbiak said:

No one’s accusing them of being smart. Robin’s mom had to help her buy the house because of their financial issues.

Didn't they go bankrupt? If so, their credit is probably awful.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 5/28/2019 at 10:56 AM, byrd said:

Giselle must realize the reason Karen didn't share any details with her last season regarding her business is because she simply didn't trust her. Giselle hasn't proven herself to be a good friend because she's messy.  Now Giselle want's to act like the victim because Karen opened up to someone that Giselle introduced her to . This mess has to be performing for the cameras because there is no way she wouldn't understand that . If I were Karen I would have told her that right at the table because this is nonsense. The nerve !!

Giselle has shown time and time again she is more than happy to throw Karen under the bus if it makes for good camera time. I know Karen’s pretentiousness can be irritating but she does seem to have a good heart.

On 5/28/2019 at 1:56 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

@biakbiak

Oh, ok, I believe you.  I never watch the epi more than once, so I could have missed something.  Maybe because my profession calls for very precise language, and that bleeds into my life, I thought Candiace omitting the fact that they split the mortgage "equally" was a big tell, but maybe she just thought "splitting it" implied an even split.

I'm with you though--I don't know if it's true or not.  I'd need to see the check stubs to believe C & C were/are regularly covering 2/3 on that condo.  Also, what about mandatory association fees?  I was in a Candiace situation when I was in my  20s, and, yes, I paid my dad rent every month or he would have evicted my ass, but those huge "association fees"?  Were never discussed.  Just covered by dad.  At the same time, I was very mindful of the favor my dad was doing for me, and we never had to have discussions about whether I was an adult.  Yes, I partied too hard, but I broke my ass studying and, later, working.  I don't see a similar effort on Candiace's part, and she is significantly more mature than I was.  So I am reluctantly Team Dorothy, although her delivery sucks.

On 5/28/2019 at 2:23 PM, Mr. Minor said:

When Dorothy said that in the last six years you have had ample time to pay rent. That's when Candiass hung up on her.

On 5/28/2019 at 3:34 PM, red12 said:

Mr. red12 and I were talking about the show and came to a judgement that Candiace has to have a truly terrible personality in order to be where she is in life. She is pretty (even with the terrible weaves), seems to have grown up in a privileged lifestyle exposed to the "right kinds of people" and still ended up marrying basically a restaurant manager for whom she will be the 3rd baby's mother if things work out. 

Men will put up with a lot for her looks, body and access to her mom's money. She really has to have no game, work ethic or soft skills to be where she is. I mean not even a fledgling pageant coach business or workout wear line? She hasn't even used her exposure from the show to get her Instagram influencer game up. No personal trainer certification or even flat tummy tea deal?

I just don't understand how she doesn't know she has a very limited window and needs to get her shit together FAST.

Candiass can fake pretty cry all day long...I really doubt if her wig business and her middle age multiple baby mama having husband is  providing enough money to pay two thirds of mortgage on a $600-900k unit. Remember how Candiass pretended that Chris was part owner of the restaurant he worked at? I imagine their main income is from the show. The thing is Candiass is too damn old for this foolishness. She is thirty and her husband is middle aged. Her mama sucks but Candiass has no appreciation for her support. Parents who try to buy their children’s love end up with spoiled brats that have no respect for them.

11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

She just may be the Kim Richards of the NOLA weekend.  Lot's of questions with no answers.

Katie is so beautiful but there is obviously some deep mental or emotional problems going on with her that makes her very uncomfortable to watch.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, qtpye said:

Remember how Candiass pretended that Chris was part owner of the restaurant he worked at? I

The main owner confirmed he was an investor in the place there is even an interview out there with him it’s just a very small percentage.

  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

The main owner confirmed he was an investor in the place there is even an interview out there with him it’s just a very small percentage.

Yeah, but Candiass made it seem like he was a co owner and not just a minor investor. I think the real owners had to give the interview to clarify his involvement.

Robyn and Juan remind me of room mates where one thinks they are best friends and the other is there because they have no better options.

  • Like 6
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, qtpye said:

think the real owners had to give the interview to clarify his involvement.

The interview I read with them didn’t clarify anything, his that they had worked together of years and he was an investor in the restaurant. Chris tweeted what his investment on the place was but it was too long for me to remember the exact amount.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, biakbiak said:

The main owner confirmed he was an investor in the place there is even an interview out there with him it’s just a very small percentage.

He is probably an investor the way the Toms are investors in Tom Tom with Vanderpump. I hope that's not momma of Candiace's money too. Probably not or she would have definitely dropped that bomb by now. Chris probably saved is based on paying very little rent (if any).

Edited by red12
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/28/2019 at 7:46 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I do love this show ... I live in MoCo so it's fun to catch glimpses of places I know (not that many because I don't hang out in Potomac ... NORTH Potomac, yes, LOL). I especially loved the season where they went out and rented a house in, IIRC, Bethany Beach, where Mr. Snappy and I go many-but-not-all summers for a few days. I knew almost every restaurant. 

I think that is why I love this show and also Southern Charm( Craig - Delaware boy)  so much.  It is fun to see familiar places in the Mid-Atlantic, even if only for a few minutes.  I would have loved to be on the beach when they filmed in Bethany.  I keep hoping I will run into I Ashley at one of those restaurants when I am there.     

I like Karen's toned down make up.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/28/2019 at 9:24 AM, Rlb8031 said:

Juan has been a college basketball coach for the last 2-3 seasons. Even being conservative, he's making $150-$300k easy. Not enough to support a HW lifestyle, but more than enough to help them get out of debt, and live a normal life in their sensible townhouse with regular people needs.

My SO's dentist specializes in patients who are uncomfortable at the dentist. He will give you Valium, Novocain, laughing gas or whatever else is necessary to get someone comfortable enough to have their teeth worked on. He's even got a meditation/relaxation room for folks to chill out if they come early and have to wait. Everyone that I know that goes there swears by him, LOL! I've never been afraid to have someone in my mouth rooting around, so I don't understand it, but as the dentist said, there are enough people that are afraid that he can build a whole practice around them so...

We're in the same neck of the woods, so I'm go need you to slide me those digits.   I just had 2 sinus lifts and 3 implants placed (at the dental school b/c who doesn't wanna save 10 grand?) yeah, me apparently.  This kid is a skilled almost-oral surgeon but I had to tell him that his nascar pit crew efficiency though, appreciated, was giving me a nervous condition and that the tiny little holes on the side of my lips are known as tears.  Official medical term for you're too fucking rough doc.   Ya'll aren't actually dentist phobic, you're pain and noise phobic.  Respect.  That's serious shit.  This dude legit said "you'll feel a little pinch" before sticking a needle into my gums and then used a mini rubber mallet on my teeth yesterday.   {{picket sign chant}}:  pri-vate prac-tice!  pri-vate prac-tice!

On 5/28/2019 at 1:29 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

@drivethroo, I'm going to mimic your wonderfully organized post, in a somewhat less organized way, but I'm giving you all the credit.

Candiace--Candiace, I heard you say that you, your mom and Chris split the monthly mortgage payment, but I didn't hear you say you all split it evenly.  I would pay money to see Chris and Candiace's check book stubs, because they probably each pony up $3, while Dorothy pays the other $3,000 ($5,000?) per month, and Candiace can still say with a straight face "we're splitting it."

Ashley--Michael really doesn't want a baby, does he?  I haven't seen a man re-route so many emotions into a bicycle ride since RHOC's Eddie Judge.  Ashley:  "should I bring my heating pad?"  Michael:  "Um, yeah, if it's gonna keep you warm ...for the baby."  Like Ashley, he doesn't give a shit.  He wants to ride his bicycle off of a high rise apartment to get away from you and your baby talk.  Just stop.  It's embarrassing.  I don't care if Michael wants to suck dicks.  It really doesn't faze me.  If Candiace thinks that's her trump card...good luck with that one.  I think Sherman creeping in the park after dark is a bigger deal, and even that is, eh.

200w.gif

On 5/29/2019 at 1:13 PM, biakbiak said:

No one’s accusing them of being smart. Robin’s mom had to help her buy the house because of their financial issues.

tenor.gif?itemid=4866628

Awww shit, I shouldn'tve come in here right after lunch!!  

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Like 3
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:53 AM, Jade Foxx said:

OMG Karen’s wig cornrows 😩😩 whyyyyy

I couldn't help but stare. It just looked so unnatural.

On ‎5‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 9:25 AM, Empress1 said:

Karen's braids and Robyn's pink shellacked hair ... yikes. And Gizelle's wig she wore while traveling looked very cheap. Usually her hair is on point but that was too blonde and it moved as one unit.

Yes! I always love Gizelle and think she looks bomb in anything and everything she wears, but... Boo Boo missed the mark with this one.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 12:44 PM, byrd said:

what kind of man would say in the presence of other men that he would suck another man's dick ? Unless he's down low, bi-sexual or whatever. I don't know any man that would even make a joke like that unless he wants to really do that .   If I were Ashley I would kick his old butt to the dam curb. 

I wasn't doubting that he had sexual preferences for men. What I was questioning was whether he was bi-sexual or flat-out gay. I didn't think he could be flat-out gay, seeing as how he has sex with women. He definitely likes men. I've never known any straight man to say things like that, even jokingly!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size