Type keyword(s) to search

The Real Housewives Of Potomac

• Start Topic

(edited)

What the hell did Karen have on her head at Candy-ass's wedding.  Was it a long hat?  Was it a horse's tail?  No, looked synthetic to me.

Short blonde hair, fine Karen.  But that long platinum mess....HELL NO.  You're NOT Dany from GOT.

But that was a BEAUTIFUL wedding; I hope the marriage lasts.

Ugh, Monique go back to Basketball Wives or whatever VH1 show she belongs on.

I love the way Monique's husband takes care of her , he's very protective of his wife.

That made me puke, is Chris Monique's husband or her daddy?  

Candiace did not wear that wedding dress, it wore her. The short, gold dress looked better, I just wish she would learn how to sing, you're not Toni Braxton, darling.

Gizelle is far too beautiful to be worried about Sherman, she never should have given him a chance, too bad Gizelle's daughters like Sherman.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 14
On 5/14/2019 at 10:53 AM, MaggieG said:

Looks like Katie's back next week! 

And wearing some gypsy head scarf!

And Robyn’s hair goes from blond to pink, which actually looks better.

How many bridesmaids/groomsmen were at that wedding?  I just don’t understand having that many people in your wedding party over a certain age.  I got married at 30 and it was either just have a maid of honor OR have 9 bridesmaids (if you start with grad school bfs, you have to have them all; and then you have to include college bfs and again all of them or else someone will be offended).  I went with 1.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

Um, I could be totally wrong here, but for some reason I thought Giselle's date was a gay friend who gallantly stepped in to help her last minute. He made me smile. He showed up correct! & was a true friend to her compared to all these other Schadenfreude heifers laughing at her pain.

He is. He's been on the show with her many times, for as long as the show has been on, and she's said she's known him for years. I think he's come to other events with her on the show, and she was working out with him this episode - he's her main friend-of where the show is concerned. I don't know if we know he's gay, but he's a platonic friend to her. It wasn't a romantic date. I thought it was really sweet the way he showed up to go with her - he said something comforting to her as soon as she opened the door.

• Love 11

So, I was on a train to Philadelphia Thursday morning, I randomly sat next to a woman who spent a lot of time on her phone and texting...I totally eaved drop as soon as I heard the phrase "wig shift!"  I tried to read what she was texting and was all ears when she was talking on the phone, I heard things like, "I'm not sure why I have to go to NYC when Karen has her Bravo publicist there,"  "I just want it be on the contract that Karen does not pay for clothing used for advertising or promotions," and "the fragrance should have a pop up store"...OMG, my mind was racing trying to think of questions for this woman but I thought I would hear more if I kept my yap shut, lol.

Do we think the new fragrance will be called Wig Shift? LOL.

This seat mate is from Clarksburg, pricey real estate area so she must charge a pretty penny, Karen must be okay financially bacause if she does not pay her publiscist she does not get the services.

• Useful 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
On 5/15/2019 at 6:21 PM, RedHawk said:

Did they say or does anyone know how Ashley & Michael’s restaurant Oz is doing?  I can’t believe, I had lunch right across the street from it today, even walked past it twice on my way to the parking garage and didn’t even think to look inside to see how many tables were full. Shoulda stuck my head in the door to ask, “Who’s eating emu?” 😂

I don't know how business is doing, but they were actually recommended in Eater's DC newsletter a couple of weeks ago as a place you could get a last minute reservation for a good mother's day brunch. 

So. . . not so good that they weren't booked up for brunch by the Thursday before Mother's Day, but good enough that they got a recommendation? 

19 hours ago, TexasGal said:

How many bridesmaids/groomsmen were at that wedding?  I just don’t understand having that many people in your wedding party over a certain age.  I got married at 30 and it was either just have a maid of honor OR have 9 bridesmaids (if you start with grad school bfs, you have to have them all; and then you have to include college bfs and again all of them or else someone will be offended).  I went with 1.

Also, did we not see the sister she has the hair business with at all in this episode? I'm assuming if you have 90 bridesmaids, your sister / business partner is one of them, but she never seemed to be one of the ones comforting her or anything. And we got name credits for the mother, father, stepdad, and brother lovechild, but I don't remember seeing the sister at all. 

13 hours ago, NowVoyager said:

On a personal note, I'm thrilled this forum has come back so strongly! I thought for sure it was dunzo when the archives were lost in the transition to Primetimer. I simply can't watch this much bad tv alone, lol.

Is THAT what happened? I freaked out a little bit when I couldn't find it in the list on the main page with the other RH shows, especially since Vulture seems to have stopped recapping it too (I know it's not the best housewives, but it's one of only 2 I still watch). 

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Vixenstud said:

No you didn't come to Philly and not visit me, BB!  I'ma let you slide but the next time....?!

Karen was on Wendy Williams today; loved her hair and outfit.

I am so sorry I did not visit you, next time I will have my new publicist notify you that I am in the city, lol.

• LOL 9
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am so sorry I did not visit you, next time I will have my new publicist notify you that I am in the city, lol.

P.S. that yellow dress was not flattering on Karen, did she not look at herself from behind? Did her people not have another dress for her to try on? Did no one on her staff mention her strapless bra was peeking out up top? 

So much for not paying for clothes but paying for people!

The shoes were killer tho.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
I am typing too fast!
  • Love 3
(edited)

Just got around to watching this episode.  I don’t have much to say except why the F does Juan have a nose ring?  Has that always been there?   Not that there’s anything wrong with that, but it really caught me off guard. NM!  Disregard!  It was just a shine that looked like a nose ring.  My eyes are silly today 🤣

It was rude as hell of Robyn and Juan to be so late, but it’s not surprising.  She is selfish and immature.   Her new haircut makes her look even more masculine than ever.  Sorry, she has a linebacker body (in my opinion).  The haircut is doing her no favors.

Isn’t Ashley pregnant in real life?  I saw a preview of her going to be on WWHL and she did not look so at all.  🤔. I didn’t watch the episode though, so maybe it was just the angle shown in the preview.

Edited by geauxaway
Juan does not have a nose ring, just a shiny face
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Isn’t Ashley pregnant in real life?  I saw a preview of her going to be on WWHL and she did not look so at all.  🤔. I didn’t watch the episode though, so maybe it was just the angle shown in the preview.

Yes. She's pretty far along, too. I saw that episode. You couldn't tell until she stood up & turned to the side. Candiace was made up like a drag queen & her mother was in the audience. How that woman dares to show her face after cutting the fool these last couple episodes, I'll never know.

• Love 7
Just now, NowVoyager said:

Yes. She's pretty far along, too. I saw that episode. You couldn't tell until she stood up & turned to the side. Candiace was made up like a drag queen & her mother was in the audience. How that woman dares to show her face after cutting the fool these last couple episodes, I'll never know.

Thank ya!  I figured with Ashley being so slim she would be majorly showing.  Did she say when she is due?

• Love 1

Episode 3:

"Hot Mike"

A revelation forces Gizelle to rekindle her relationship with a long-time foe; Robyn and Juan work to ensure that their financial foundation remains on solid ground; Ashley's drinking causes Candiace to doubt her baby-making intentions.

Airs May 19, 2019.

I went to the theatre tonight and saw a play named “Native Gardens” which was set DC - so the playbill said- but then it was actually set in Potomac- 

The play had good parts but overall was just okay.

if only Karen and her slipping wig had showed up....

a girl can dream

• LOL 1

Katie Rost is her own special brand of crazy and I didn't miss her. If you haven't been keeping up with her on Instagram, she's rid of the boyfriend she was talking about to Gizelle (after getting pregnant by him and miscarrying) and is now onto a new, as she calls him, "love of my life", within a fairly short period of time. She's also posted stuff about her custody fight which should probably remain private but I'm not sure if she sees her kids/is allowed to see her kids at all. She even had a GoFundMe for her custody fight. I thought her family had money, though.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Quita said:

Katie Rost is her own special brand of crazy and I didn't miss her. If you haven't been keeping up with her on Instagram, she's rid of the boyfriend she was talking about to Gizelle (after getting pregnant by him and miscarrying) and is now onto a new, as she calls him, "love of my life", within a fairly short period of time. She's also posted stuff about her custody fight which should probably remain private but I'm not sure if she sees her kids/is allowed to see her kids at all. She even had a GoFundMe for her custody fight. I thought her family had money, though.

This was not the case the last time Katie was on, but, tonight she reminded me of Kenya Moore from RHOA.  I don’t know if it was her speech pattern or her mannerisms.  It was like she studied Kenya tapes and decided to emulate her.

So, what is the deal with Michael?  Is he bisexual?  Is he straight?  Or, just all around creepy?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

This was not the case the last time Katie was on, but, tonight she reminded me of Kenya Moore from RHOA.  I don’t know if it was her speech pattern or her mannerisms.  It was like she studied Kenya tapes and decided to emulate her.

So, what is the deal with Michael?  Is he bisexual?  Is he straight?  Or, just all around creepy?

Katie always seemed a bit "off" to me, even more so after reading her Instagrams and seeing her tonight. I'm wondering if she self medicates.

Edited by Quita
  • Useful 3
  • Love 6

First of all, this episode was called HOT MIKE.  These RHOP producers are shady as hell and I'm here for it.

Katie probably had that head scarf on so her hair wouldn't nap up.

Robyn's Rehab: When watching HGTV goes wrong

Also, I don't think ALL the responsibility of losing their money before should be laid at Robyn's feet unless she invested the money against Juan's will and/or knowledge (and that's the REAL reason he divorced her).

LOL @ Ashley's mom's Mary J Blige'esque Real Love outfit

LOL @ Chris2 getting to stepping after being introduced to Krazy Katie and her marriage warning.

What is Candiace talking about, sharing the affection? The only sibling she has to share her mother's affection with is her sister.  She would only have to share her dad's affections with her brother.  Whatchoo talking about, girl?

Coffee & Love? No.  Pour it out.

Hot Mike...Was he really talking about Juan or one of the other guys? We know he has a man crush on Juan but these producers are shady...Hot Mike could be talking about anyone...

• Love 10

I'm with you bronzedog!  What's up with Michael and the whole yap at Uncle Lumpy's party?  And before that, with Juan at the wedding?  Just confusing.

Robyn, all that coloring in your hair is not your friend.  It looks totally fried and weird.  Please find somebody, some wig, some weave, that can help you.  Just go ahead. It'll be fine.  Case in point: KAREN HUGER!  Her wigs are ridDONKulous!

Candiace is just a spoiled brat and I'm already tired of her bullshit.  You can throw a $200K wedding but you can't even go on a honeymoon.  You are stupid.  Seriously stupid.

Giselle girl, one of these days, somebody's gonna treat you the way you treat them.  It's gonna be a JOY to see you figure that out.

• Love 14

Gosh, this episode was long and tedious.  I just can't stand Karen and her pretentiousness along with the rest of them.  The only one that has money is Ashley's husband.  And well, what is it with him?  None of them have any class.

If I didn't get to see scenes around DC, I'd be out and unfortunately we didn't get any tonight.

I'm sick of Candy and her mother, and her barbecue husband.  Then we have Karen's rental. 

The original DC housewives were so much better.  Real careers before the show.....

• Love 6
(edited)

I know a lot of people don't like Giselle, but, I think she's the most entertaining of all the women.

Shouldn't the house Robin is renovating be a lot further along by now?

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 17

I hate how cluttered Ashley’s apartment is someone should recommend she watch Marie Kondo. 

I had no idea there was such a large age difference between Karen and Ray.

Giselle needs a new therapist. 

I am hoping that plainass bowl from Monique and Chris was on their registry.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, breezy424 said:

Gosh, this episode was long and tedious.  I just can't stand Karen and her pretentiousness along with the rest of them.  The only one that has money is Ashley's husband.  And well, what is it with him?  None of them have any class.

If I didn't get to see scenes around DC, I'd be out and unfortunately we didn't get any tonight.

I'm sick of Candy and her mother, and her barbecue husband.  Then we have Karen's rental. 

The original DC housewives were so much better.  Real careers before the show.....

I think Monique and her husband have money too. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

I know a lot of people don't like Giselle, but, I think she's the most entertaining of all the women.

Yes.  She is in way over her head.

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

It's either when you don't pay your contractor they do not do the work or there was a lot more structural damage and it took a lot of time to fix.

I seriously doubt Robin will make much off of this flip, divide by 2 and she will be lucky to break even.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, goofygirl said:

Candiace is just a spoiled brat and I'm already tired of her bullshit.  You can throw a $200K wedding but you can't even go on a honeymoon.  You are stupid.  Seriously stupid.

Stupider than that...they cannot afford to buy or rent their own home! They live in Mother Candiace's house.

• Love 8

I am not a fan of Candiace's dress, it looked ill fitting and awkward to wear, the heavily beaded shoulder straps would have had me constantly pulling them up.  

Candiace did have a large bridal party, it seems like more of a hassle than fun trying to get everyone to be on the same page for all the stuff brides demand these days. 

I worked a large catering hall, known for it's many ballrooms, lot's of bang for your buck wedding packages and large chandelier (it is visible from the Baltimore beltway) but I won't mention their name...anyway I had a bride that had 100 people at her wedding, 60 of them were walking down the aisle. Seriously. No joke.

Sometimes the focus is only on the wedding and not how life will be with their spouse.

BTW, now that I know Ms. Huger does not pay for her clothes used for professional purposes but did anyone notice the slit on the back of her dress was still tacked!  I guess that dress goes back to the store in tact! lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

The “Giselle learns from her therapist not to just throw people away” intro to Katie coming back was pretty lame.  Katie seems like someone you should just go ahead and get out of your life, she’s a mess. 

So, Ashley and Michael have some kind of agreement right?  I mean, c’mon.  She can’t be that desperate to stay married to this guy if she wasn’t ok with his, ummm, openness to fondness with other men?

• Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I had no idea there was such a large age difference between Karen and Ray.

I just wonder how old Karen's parents were when they had her because she's in her mid 50s.  My mother is a year younger than Ray (if I recall, Ray and Karen's mother were the same age) so that's weird to think my mom is old enough to be Karen's mom).

Ashley allegedly swings the ladyway too so she might not mind.  I think him throwing her out and having to live in a cheap Alexandria apartment made her more agreeable to whatever outside pursuits he may have.

1 minute ago, cecehe said:

What did Katie get a $35k check for?  I couldn't make out what she said

She said she modeled for a "hair box" back in 2012 and that's what she got the check for.  I'm assuming this is either for a home relaxer or for a home coloring kit.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
39 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I forgot  from season one that Katie makes me nervous in that RHONJ Danielle Staub kind of way.

That's a whole lot of crazy to be contained.

She was very entertaining to watch. She kept chasing after her boyfriend to propose to her.

She was also running a shady foundation.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, oakville said:

She was very entertaining to watch. She kept chasing after her boyfriend to propose to her.

She was also running a shady foundation.

Her extra efforts to get Mr. Boring Vanilla Stockbroker to propose were hilarious. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 5

Wow, this show has reached an all time low. Is there no budget for this mess? Throwing a party for an Uncle Lumpy that nobody knows or cares about? If that made it in to the episode I can't imagine what ended up on the cutting room floor.  I don't blame half the cast for not showing up to that one. 

I can't quit Gizelle. Oh, she can be vile but damn her scenes with Karen are hilarious. They both play off each other beautifully. 

Robin needs to wear that talking head wavy bob wig full time. It was nice and she looked pretty. 

Candice's husband can't afford to pay for a nice honeymoon. What in the hell does she see in this dude? Did he contribute anything towards the wedding? Candice hanging all over him and begging him not to go to work was sickening, even if she was joking around with him. They are just gross. 

• Love 7

I hated that wig on Robin...I think the short hair is better than that wig.  I’m wondering if she went short because she decided to just do “the big chop” to go relaxer-free.  The color is terrible but I’m not mad at her for the easy wash and go look, but it’s probably better when styled.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I worked a large catering hall, known for it's many ballrooms, lot's of bang for your buck wedding packages and large chandelier (it is visible from the Baltimore beltway) but I won't mention their name...anyway I had a bride that had 100 people at her wedding, 60 of them were walking down the aisle. Seriously. No joke.

My high school had their proms there back in the day! My friend worked there briefly and at the time they all had to wear the same color suit on a certain day-literally "On Tuesdays we wear pink".  When my old boss got married, she told her guests that if they had an old bridesmaid dress and wanted to wear it, go ahead and if they wanted, join her up there (no actual duties involved or strings).  She said 22 people did!  I thought it was funny.

2 hours ago, bosawks said:

I forgot  from season one that Katie makes me nervous in that RHONJ Danielle Staub kind of way.

I'm shocked they are bringing Katie back.  She just seems so unstable.  I guess they need someone who will say whatever they think, but I think she is someone better off away from cameras while she works on her mental health. 

Also I thought I saw food in Karen's pantry when Gizelle was snooping.  Craft services?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

It's either when you don't pay your contractor they do not do the work or there was a lot more structural damage and it took a lot of time to fix.

I seriously doubt Robin will make much off of this flip, divide by 2 and she will be lucky to break even.

Robin is truly in over her head.  I bet she did virtually no research about the market for the area. It seems to me even $150k is too much if it turns out it is in West Baltimore.

Maybe she can sell it to Candiace and Chris. They are in the market for their own place. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 4

I dunno, this wasn't the best episode.  Wasn't the worst either. I have a high standard, because this might be my favorite RH franchise.

I thought Karen and Ray shopping for headstones for Karen's parents was personally beyond the pale of what should be on a reality show.  I know it's their reality, but it's not appropriate for our consumption IMO.

Candiace and Chris are actually quite pathetic.  I think if Candiace wasn't a pageant queen who did every scene in full makeup and hair, it would be more readily apparent.  I mean we have a married couple laying in a bed in the middle of the day, both fully clothed, her begging him not to go to work, she being unemployed for all intents and purposes, Chris talking about how tired he is, and then they trudge downstairs to open wedding gifts, which Candiace films unenthusiastically...um, ok.  Can't wait to see these two crazy kids next week?

I think Candiace is trying to make a storyline out of Ashley's drinking the way Ashley made Monique's drinking a storyline last season.  The difference is that Monique crashed her car, whereas Ashley wants to have a baby, which...who cares?  I guess it's better to "limit alcohol intake" if you're trying to conceive, but it's not like alcohol kills your eggs or anything.  Without alcohol, we'd have far fewer pregnancies actually 🙂. I'm no doctor, but unless Ashley has ovulated, had sex, and was waiting until she could take a pregnancy test to see if she's pregnant, she can drink just fine.  If, say, Ashley just got her period and she is on day five of her cycle, there's really nothing wrong with having a drink or several.

Gizelle--my God, I feel like everyone is gaslighting her with respect to Sherman!  Sherman walked away.  He did it in a hurtful, thoughtless manner too.  That therapist is completely nuts to try to make Gizelle feel like this is her fault and that she should go get Sherman, like this is some John Hughes 80s movie.  Get a new therapist, woman, stat.  And, producer-gods, please, for the love of all that is holy, stop showing us that clip from last season of Gizelle asking Sherman if he loves her, Sherman gesturing assent, and Gizelle doing that shoulder-shimmy thing.  It looked desperate last season.  It is downright nauseating this season.  And they showed it twice last night.  We get it--there was a point in time that Sherman seemed into Gizelle.  And...?  People change their minds and forget things -Iyanla Vanzant.

I actually liked Robyn this episode.  I like fun drunk Robyn, which is what she was. It reminded me of season one, when they went to Ashley's beach house in Delaware, and whilst some of the women were clutching their pearls that Michael--a man, baby!--showed up, Robyn just took it in stride and played beer pong with him and Ashley to the wee hours.  I know that drunk women aren't generally attractive, but I do think that when Robyn downs a few drinks, she becomes so much cooler, and it makes me see why Juan sticks around (to the extent he sticks around lol).

After three seasons, plus what we've seen so far this season, I think Michael is bi or gay.  And I guess I really don't have a problem with the fact that he's in a heterosexual marriage.  Ashley is very smart; she's getting hers taken care of.  If it works for them, and anyone stepping outside of the marriage uses condoms, what do I care?  What I do have to say is that if Michael is going to make openly gay comments on television, he and Ashley will have to speak to  that.  Neither Ashley nor Michael should be able to say "it's our business what goes on in our marriage."  I hope they don't try to play that card.  That's what 99.999% of people who are not on reality TV can say.  So I'll stay tuned about that.  Just because Ashely is my personal favorite doesn't mean she gets passes from me.

Man, I was so excited for Katie's return, but y'all are right--she's not fun-crazy.  Bitch is unhinged.  She had to mention that she has a 27 year old boyfriend (who doesn't work) twice.  Like...good for you?  Katie is like this gorgeous, leggy model.  If you have a 27 year old boyfriend--which I don't see as any kind of status symbol, but apparently she does--so what?  It's like they tell NFL players who get into the end zone--act like you've been there before.  Stop shouting it from the rooftops, Kat-tie!

Last thing--Monique and Chris.  Chris scared me, or at least acted like someone I could never be married to--when Monique was saying that this would be their last child, and Chris was like, "ok, the fourth will just be an oops baby."  Like, really dude?  She doesn't want another pregnancy or another kid.  How would an "oops baby" mitigate that?  And then when Monique joked that she was going to practice abstinence and Chris was basically like "oh the hell you will!"  I almost got the chills.  So Chris's marital expectation is that his wife gives sex on demand?  What if something happened to Monique either physically or mentally where she couldn't have sex for a few weeks or months?  It seems like he's saying he wouldn't settle for abstinence, so Chris is going to pursue sex elsewhere?  Gross.  I didn't like him in that scene at all.  He seemed like a sex monster, and kind of a monster overall.  I don't care about the Redskins or how many homes he can afford.  That's red flag behavior.  There are ways of expressing your marital hopes and expectations to your partner, and scoffing, sarcasm and passive-aggressive comments are not them.

• Love 17

Kangaroo Mike in the backwards baseball cap was the most disturbing thing about last night's episode.

Candiass just being Candiass was a close second.

Was Ashley's mom half lit when she came to visit?

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)
15 hours ago, goofygirl said:

For real, I would rather have a moderately priced wedding and take a fabulous five figure honeymoon to an exotic locale. I'd feel some kind of way spending $200k and then being too broke to go anywhere. Laid up in the bed at the townhouse not in me or my man's name, paid for by mommy. Seriously, Candiass doesn't have any profits from her wig business or Bravo funds to at least head down to the Dominican Republic? Florida? Virginia Beach? Come on now!! 

I was expecting Uncle Lumpy to be fat or at least have a really fun boisterous personality? 

Why were half the people at Uncle Lumpy's party dancing like a drunk auntie at the BBQ

14332803141583.gif?w=320&quality=80&stri

I don't blame Karen for making Gizelle work for it. The worst part of it to me wasn't even the bad joke t-shirt at the tax evasion presser, it was Gizelle basically screaming at Karen in the lobby of a hotel in France about how Ray wanted to bang some other woman. I don't even remember how that started, where that came from but it was rude and declasse to the 10th power. 

Love or hate her, Gizelle's talking heads are life and sometimes she spits real gossip truth. For instance, that Ashley song is the worst and I'm so glad Gizelle wasn't afraid to say so. 

Love Karen. 

Michael is a whole mess. I'm sensing Bravo fuckery afoot though. We better not get a season of arguing over shit that wasn't even captured by audio. 

Robyn, career of house flipper just ain't for you. Whole houses have been built in 8 months. I bet that shit still ain't done. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I dunno, this wasn't the best episode.  Wasn't the worst either. I have a high standard, because this might be my favorite RH franchise.

I thought Karen and Ray shopping for headstones for Karen's parents was personally beyond the pale of what should be on a reality show.  I know it's their reality, but it's not appropriate for our consumption IMO.

Candiace and Chris are actually quite pathetic.  I think if Candiace wasn't a pageant queen who did every scene in full makeup and hair, it would be more readily apparent.  I mean we have a married couple laying in a bed in the middle of the day, both fully clothed, her begging him not to go to work, she being unemployed for all intents and purposes, Chris talking about how tired he is, and then they trudge downstairs to open wedding gifts, which Candiace films unenthusiastically...um, ok.  Can't wait to see these two crazy kids next week?

I think Candiace is trying to make a storyline out of Ashley's drinking the way Ashley made Monique's drinking a storyline last season.  The difference is that Monique crashed her car, whereas Ashley wants to have a baby, which...who cares?  I guess it's better to "limit alcohol intake" if you're trying to conceive, but it's not like alcohol kills your eggs or anything.  Without alcohol, we'd have far fewer pregnancies actually 🙂. I'm no doctor, but unless Ashley has ovulated, had sex, and was waiting until she could take a pregnancy test to see if she's pregnant, she can drink just fine.  If, say, Ashley just got her period and she is on day five of her cycle, there's really nothing wrong with having a drink or several.

Gizelle--my God, I feel like everyone is gaslighting her with respect to Sherman!  Sherman walked away.  He did it in a hurtful, thoughtless manner too.  That therapist is completely nuts to try to make Gizelle feel like this is her fault and that she should go get Sherman, like this is some John Hughes 80s movie.  Get a new therapist, woman, stat.  And, producer-gods, please, for the love of all that is holy, stop showing us that clip from last season of Gizelle asking Sherman if he loves her, Sherman gesturing assent, and Gizelle doing that shoulder-shimmy thing.  It looked desperate last season.  It is downright nauseating this season.  And they showed it twice last night.  We get it--there was a point in time that Sherman seemed into Gizelle.  And...?  People change their minds and forget things -Iyanla Vanzant.

I actually liked Robyn this episode.  I like fun drunk Robyn, which is what she was. It reminded me of season one, when they went to Ashley's beach house in Delaware, and whilst some of the women were clutching their pearls that Michael--a man, baby!--showed up, Robyn just took it in stride and played beer pong with him and Ashley to the wee hours.  I know that drunk women aren't generally attractive, but I do think that when Robyn downs a few drinks, she becomes so much cooler, and it makes me see why Juan sticks around (to the extent he sticks around lol).

After three seasons, plus what we've seen so far this season, I think Michael is bi or gay.  And I guess I really don't have a problem with the fact that he's in a heterosexual marriage.  Ashley is very smart; she's getting hers taken care of.  If it works for them, and anyone stepping outside of the marriage uses condoms, what do I care?  What I do have to say is that if Michael is going to make openly gay comments on television, he and Ashley will have to speak to  that.  Neither Ashley nor Michael should be able to say "it's our business what goes on in our marriage."  I hope they don't try to play that card.  That's what 99.999% of people who are not on reality TV can say.  So I'll stay tuned about that.  Just because Ashely is my personal favorite doesn't mean she gets passes from me.

Man, I was so excited for Katie's return, but y'all are right--she's not fun-crazy.  Bitch is unhinged.  She had to mention that she has a 27 year old boyfriend (who doesn't work) twice.  Like...good for you?  Katie is like this gorgeous, leggy model.  If you have a 27 year old boyfriend--which I don't see as any kind of status symbol, but apparently she does--so what?  It's like they tell NFL players who get into the end zone--act like you've been there before.  Stop shouting it from the rooftops, Kat-tie!

Last thing--Monique and Chris.  Chris scared me, or at least acted like someone I could never be married to--when Monique was saying that this would be their last child, and Chris was like, "ok, the fourth will just be an oops baby."  Like, really dude?  She doesn't want another pregnancy or another kid.  How would an "oops baby" mitigate that?  And then when Monique joked that she was going to practice abstinence and Chris was basically like "oh the hell you will!"  I almost got the chills.  So Chris's marital expectation is that his wife gives sex on demand?  What if something happened to Monique either physically or mentally where she couldn't have sex for a few weeks or months?  It seems like he's saying he wouldn't settle for abstinence, so Chris is going to pursue sex elsewhere?  Gross.  I didn't like him in that scene at all.  He seemed like a sex monster, and kind of a monster overall.  I don't care about the Redskins or how many homes he can afford.  That's red flag behavior.  There are ways of expressing your marital hopes and expectations to your partner, and scoffing, sarcasm and passive-aggressive comments are not them.

Yes to all of this!

I also feel like Monique would have another baby if Chris pressed her for it but at some point she has got to feel like a brood mare on call.  I'd be worried about post partum depression.

Katie is nuts, are we going to see some sort of downward spiral of mental health with her?

Candiace does not work?  I thought she was a hostess.

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
On 5/13/2019 at 8:25 PM, Mondrianyone said:

Just to clarify, I wasn't basing my impression of Chris Samuels as controlling and possessive on a single gesture at the wedding.  It's a cumulative thing.  She wants to stop having babies at three, he wants at least six.  (Why?  He doesn't seem to have much participation in the daily care of the ones they already have.)  He tells her to apologize, as @SlutAssBitchAssHor (I'm only calling you that 'cause it's your name!) mentions, then rescues her from the situation he created.  I don't think he wants her far from the house, or doing things that would foster some independence in her.  It's all seemingly gentle and supportive on the surface, but I get the sense he wouldn't deal well with having his will opposed when push came to shove.  Just a feeling.  I get it that not everyone sees things the same way.

{{raises hand}} same feeling

On 5/15/2019 at 10:54 AM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

In this case, I doubt it was producer driven. Her husband (repeatedly) made it crystal clear that she was to apologize to Gizelle and Sherman the very next time she laid eyes on them. Like a mafia hit apology.

source.gif

It was funny, then I was like, deadass this dude sounds sinister. 

my "he's controlling" assessments take a little longer to kick in than I'd care to admit.  I'm usually like aww, naw, that guy's just protective or he doesn't want her to get hurt or some other chivalrous thing.   It's gone sound crazy that I still don't know whether I see this as controlling or him telling her what he's not gone do.

but maaaaan, when he got here.....? 

1 hour ago, LibertarianSlut said:

I thought: mkay, this is officially icky.  I don't know how Monique naturally laughs off what would spark an immediate damn showdown for me.   There'd have to be so much more of that conversation I'm missing not to give Chris the sideye from here on in.  Like some more background about their premarital talks including wanting a tribe of kids, so now he feels cheated.  Even then, the fact that he wasn't trying to take in what she said?  Naw fam.  Sometimes when you have help, ONE, can be enough, depending on your baby.   3 is cool.  But if the only person responsible for gestation and everyday hands on care says this right here is what I can manage, then we pretty close to done with the conversation.  He can also miss me with I ain't snipping shit.  I can put these scissors on the stove right quick.   See a urologist or don't go to sleep.     

On 5/14/2019 at 12:59 PM, Smacky55 said:

If I looked like Gizelle there would be no way in hell I’m dating Sherman. I’m not sure what Sherman has going for him....he’s not attractive, doesn’t treat her well and came with a lot of baggage. There must be some more eligible bachelors in the DMV area. 

So I agree with all who say that Chris’ vows were stupid, but the absolute glee and delight on Candy-ass’ face while he said them made it okay by me. I’m not the one who he’s professing love for, so if it works for them, then so be it. 

It never could've mattered what Sherman looked like.  Age similar, black, wealthy, single, the guy's a unicorn.   Love is the icing.  She's coming up the rough side of the mountain and has 3 kids.  None of which is disadvantageous to me, but the men she's attracted to have enough cash and ego to be out here with a childless, unencumbered woman 1/2 her age without even having to consider judgement or stigma and without having to deal with any uncomfortable and inconvenient headaches like scrutiny. 

Available bachelors in the DMV.  Ah, it's tough everywhere but the thing is she can do bad all by herself ™Tyler Perry.   Their income bracket set up is gone all the way affect eligibility.  Remember when Ray pulled her to the side and told her she wasn't getting any younger?  That hurt my whole soul, but he didn't lie.   

That clip of them on the picnic is #antiswoon

15 hours ago, breezy424 said:

I meannnnn, we got White House party crashers FFS! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 17
(edited)

ZALDAMO!

*Throws down cane, hobbles over to Zaldamo, jumps on back*

Woman, you’d best stop staying away, we miss you over heah!

Gizelle, FUCK YOU! with you ‘I done found Jesus’ moment….try inviting MONIQUE to lunch to make amends, maybe I’d believe you just a little; until then bitch please, you’re just chumming up to Katie to stir the pot.  I too like Karen keeping her distance regarding their friendship….you can’t expect Karen to just forget all the shit that Gizelle did regarding Ray, their taxes and their living arrangement. 

Katie I love you but you’re as crazy as cat shit!  From the hot mess unit to just looking like she doesn’t wash, she doesn’t look all there.  She seemed jealous as fuck of Candiace, as say what you will about Chris but he does love her and at least has a job.

Pink is becoming on your hair, Beaky Buzzard….there.  One positive thing I will say about her.

Karen was on WWHL with DJ Khaled and she looked great!  Well, there was one side of her hair that could have been better.

Michael has to be bi, what straight man gets all googly eyed over some ‘scrong’ man he’s never met?  Plus his Juan love is ewwy.

Gizelle and putting Nair on her vagina?  What in the bluedilly fuck?!  I didn’t know you could do that, doesn’t it burn after a few seconds?

Finally, Chris....I don't see him as the threatening type, more like 'Me Tarzan, you Jane'.  Whatever the case, Monique ain't scurred of that nukka, I see her slashing his frank and beans if he ever were to try anything.

Edited by Vixenstud
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4