Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: Washing Off Prison

Drogo
  • Start Topic

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 6:40 PM, Neurochick said:

The thing is, not everyone who does the same crime does the same time.  A fifteen year old middle class suburban kid does the same thing, his family gets him a lawyer to say, “he’s just going through a phase,” and boom, kid does probation.

While I agree there's quite a bit of disparity with respect to the way people are treated in the criminal justice system based on their race, I'm sure that's far from the only factor here.  Being tried as an adult at 15 is not common.   The prosecution would have to justify that decision and they'd have to give more reasoning than the color of his skin.  I'm guessing he earned it.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 1:08 PM, Neurochick said:

I'm not saying that he didn't deserve the sentence, I'm just saying that not everybody gets the same sentence for the same crime.  I believe it has been proven that black people get harsher sentences than white people.  Just saying.

I don't think anyone would disagree with you.  Brock Turner, anyone?

• Love 2

I became so disgusted with 90 Day Fiance and all the associated gofundme's that I went searching for another show to watch and found this.  wtf is wrong with me?  

There is a quiet beauty in Brittany.   I hope future episodes do not disabuse me of this notion. 

And I hope Marcellino does not become her stalker and tormentor.    There's a reason he went looking for love among women in cages. 

• Love 6
On 1/16/2019 at 1:06 AM, millennium said:

I became so disgusted with 90 Day Fiance and all the associated gofundme's that I went searching for another show to watch and found this.  wtf is wrong with me?  

There is a quiet beauty in Brittany.   I hope future episodes do not disabuse me of this notion. 

And I hope Marcellino does not become her stalker and tormentor.    There's a reason he went looking for love among women in cages. 

Glad you are here.

il_570xN.885887338_qmhv.jpg

• Love 5