Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

CBS This Morning

Drew’s show coming on after TMS gets me up and going since I can’t bear to watch it. Guess I’ll be off to an early start all week. 

• Laugh 2

Today the show was hosted by my dream team- Anthony, Tony and Jerika. I'll enjoy it for the rest of the week.

Happy birthday to Anthony!

• Like 3

This is so disappointing. Anthony brings a stability and depth of knowledge about music, culture and history. I love his delivery and subtle sense of humor. I only know Nate from guest spots on this show- he seems intelligent and prepared, but he talks so fast and all Gayle can do the whole time he's there is talk about how good he looks and how great his outfit is.

The change I wish was happening was Gayle being replaced with Jerika.

I remain baffled by the dominance of the fluffy, annoying morning shows and hope that isn't the CBS plan 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, knitorpurl said:

I remain baffled by the dominance of the fluffy, annoying morning shows and hope that isn't the CBS plan 

I agree -- the main reason I watch CTM is the real news they provide (and the lack of cooking segments and shilling of movies produced by the parent company, etc.)

I will miss Anthony, though, and look forward to following him wherever he goes.  Nate has been pretty good in his guest spots ,and I hope he does well full-time.

• Like 2

I'd rather have them replace Gayle with Adriana Diaz or Margaret Brennan. They seem to have more fun when Gayle is off.

• Like 5

Tony gave me a good laugh with his confusion this morning about the lyrics to the Beatles song, "A Little Help From My Friends" while they where talking about "The Wonder Years" reboot. And now I've had it stuck in my head all day.

First day without Anthony- sigh

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

You're not alone, junemeatcleaver- I watch the Saturday morning show most Saturdays.

Made me nervous when they started talking about a new format so considering what other changes they could have made this sounds ok. I'm curious to see how it plays out. Just keep it focused on the news, please.

• Like 2

Did anyone else watch? New shinier set, quicker pace all in Times Square. I'm trying to be positive because if this doesn't work I have no options in the morning. Nate seems fine. I really like Gayle but the ass kissing is already getting to me. Is she really in charge of everything there now?

• Like 1

I listened this morning more than watched; I hope to get used to that clunky chord between bits on the "your world in 90 seconds."   When I finally did get to watch, it was after 8 and they were in chairs.  I also really hope they still have the table for the hard news hour. Really can't handle GMA or Today, so I will have to learn to adapt or start to do without morning news.

• Like 1

I came to it late today and I can’t believe there is a dj. More news please and less personal business, opinions.

• Like 2
  • Surprise 1

Show is now a joke. From one extreme to the other. Trying way too hard.

this had to be coming from Gayle.

Who do they expect to appeal to? Younger viewers don't watch this stuff. 

• Like 1

I know Gayle's unpopular, but the show has a new Exec Producer since January and CBS News has two new co-heads as of April or so; and I'd bet the changes come more from that direction.  A press release from CBS News says that hard news will be key to the new format -- which makes me wonder what they consider hard news.

Press release: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/cbs-mornings-nate-burleson-gayle-king-tony-dokoupil/

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

I'm traveling for work right now and have to be at the jobsite at 7am everyday so I've been missing this first week. They seriously had a DJ as part of the show, not as a guest? Please, say it isn't so. Has the first hour been more news as usual? 

• Like 1

There was indeed a DJ but not yesterday. Maybe they got immediate feedback on days 1 and 2. Thursday was a bit better in terms of less hype. Today will probably be more subdued because of 9/11. 

Seems to me they are trying to ride the coattails of the CBS Sunday Morning show, using their sun logo. They are just trying too hard - that's what it feels like to me.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

At long last Gayle's daughter, Kirby had the grandchild. And she got to show a couple of  pictures, which surprised me. But Gayle still had to gripe that she wasn't allowed to show the baby's face. You go, Kirby. I love how she and her husband hold their boundaries against the force that is Gayle.

• Laugh 2

OK, I tried.  Am so disappointed now with this show.  Gayle is front and center and has to add her two cents to everything, even just reading a lead-in.  I could get over that but the mix of hard news and fluff has tipped way too far to the fluffy side.  Also don't appreciate that "Your world in 90 seconds"  now includes show previews thus cutting down on news snippets. The three leads are not working - this may reflect the deference the other two pay to central Gayle. I miss Anthony Mason, man of many parts and just the ticket to start your day.  

• Like 4

Agree with rcc that this is so fluffy now. Nate is fine but today he’s interviewing his own (lovely) kid about social media. This is your own business Nate, not news or info I need. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Maire said:

Agree with rcc that this is so fluffy now. Nate is fine but today he’s interviewing his own (lovely) kid about social media. This is your own business Nate, not news or info I need. 

Glad I missed it!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Maire said:

Nate is fine but today he’s interviewing his own (lovely) kid about social media. This is your own business Nate, not news or info I need. 

I don't understand why they had that interview. If all they do is interview each other and their friends/family there is little value. 

On a personal note, I think it is too bad that there's so much emphasis out there on being "pretty" or "beautiful" on social media. I'd like to hear more about cultivating a good personality, which will last longer than physical attractiveness.

• Like 3

Not much action here, but just had to pop in to say Gayle looked absolutely ridiculous with that "Mr. T" style necklace.  She's getting more & more "over-done" for morning T.V.  Just sayin'!!!

• Like 2

I like how the weekday show ends A bit early on Fridays in order to run the full credits for all those that work behind the scenes. Would be nice if Today and GMA did that too. 

• Like 4

They did a segment on robot pets this morning that was downright creepy.

I can actually see some therapeutic value of a slightly animatronic version for ill kids, elderly dementia patients, etc. But most of these are pet replacements that are actively tracking your behavior! And encouraging children and adults to become emotionally attached and compassionate to these electronics. 

But the creepiest of all were the round, gray fur pillows with the moving tails. There wasn't even an attempt at a face. Just a furry circle with a mechanical tail. So strange to think of cuddling up with that and considering it with the same regard I do my cat!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1