Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

CBS This Morning

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

Is there a forum for the Sunday Morning show?  I  am not finding it thru my usual avenues.  Thanks.

I don't think so, but I could be wrong.   I remember looking for it last year, without success.

Share this post


Link to post

Just saw Adriana Diaz' report on student protests over racism at Syracuse University. She was wearing a gorgeous coat with huge lapels and a sort of neckwarmer section. I can't describe it in a way that does it justice. She looked badass and beautiful.

I tried grabbing a screenshot, but it's too big to paste. Adriana Diaz' Awesome Coat

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

I have been enjoying this holiday team on for the past few days so much more than the regular weekday team.  Gayle is really getting quite tiresome. 🥺

Totally agree! I think Vlad and Jericka would be perfect as permanent anchors. I'm not so crazy about Dana Jacobson, but I cant really put my finger on why. Maybe the chemistry just isn't there as a threesome. [Get your minds out of the gutter, people! LOL]

I noticed that in one of the year-end retrospectives, the clip of Gayle rudely admonishing Anthony after he briefly stumbled over her name was included. I laughed at the thought of the production staff choosing that clip - "take that, Gayle! Let everyone see what we deal with every day."

Edited by Ashforth
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

Totally agree! I think Vlad and Jericka would be perfect as permanent anchors. I'm not so crazy about Dana Jacobson, but I cant really put my finger on why. Maybe the chemistry just isn't there as a threesome. [Get your minds out of the gutter, people! LOL]

I noticed that in one of the year-end retrospectives, the clip of Gayle rudely admonishing Anthony after he briefly stumbled over her name was included. I laughed at the thought of the production staff choosing that clip - "take that, Gayle! Let everyone see what we deal with every day."

Not a Vlad fan but Jericka with Anthony and Tony during the week would be good. But the "star" Gayle would have to go and no way would that ever happen.

Share this post


Link to post

It's been a good break. I really enjoyed Jerika this morning with Anthony and Tony. (But then again Jerika is one of my favorites on the crew)

By Monday we'll be back to Gayle's over-explaining and awkward questions. And the moment on the show I dread most when she's there....everyone else can quickly intro the Talk of the Table segment by saying they pick a story to share with each other and the audience. Gayle says all that and then has to add that the reason it is called that is that they are at a table and they are talkin'....every time. Sigh

I don't really dislike Gayle but she has some unprofessional habits and no one seems to call her on them. Norah used to nip some of it in the bud but now she just goes off on her tangents.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, knitorpurl said:

I don't really dislike Gayle but she has some unprofessional habits and no one seems to call her on them.

Gayle has her decent moments.  Whether she's a good interviewer or not, Gayle had a hand in helping expose R. Kelly as the manipulative asshole that he is (how many times do you think he pulled that crying shit on the girls he abused?) and she comes off as a lot less out of touch than Oprah in those videos they used to post.  But ooh boy, the constant chattering is annoying, I agree with everyone there.

That's why I only watch Saturdays now.  Jeff Glor is a superstar and I really like Michelle Miller.  Dana Jacobson I can take or leave.  Like if Dana left the show tomorrow I don't think I would notice or care.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Agree about Gayle over explaining things.  Good phrase for her, annoying.

But......worst cat in the world!  If I weren’t allergic.  She and I have similar traits except I like pink and dislike jump scares.  Other than that we are simpatico 😼😆

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Gayle doesn’t understand that she is not Oprah.  Oprah interviewed guests, asked provocative questions and injected her personal “journey” into most topics.  She was a “Host.”

Gayle is a news Anchor, meaning newsreader who is supposed to be neutral and professional.  When she asked Kobe Bryant’s friend, Lisa Leslie,  if she believes he raped that girl, Lisa said no. Gayle retorted, “but you don’t really know, do you?”  In other words, you ask me my OPINION, I give it to you and you effectively minimize my answer.  
 

I don’t care about Gayles personal opinions on much of anything.  But in this crazy, angry, divided country, I am a woman without a national news show.  I watch my local morning news to hear local events, traffic and weather, along with national and international headlines.  I went to CBS because they have the most serious show, imho.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

 When she asked Kobe Bryant’s friend, Lisa Leslie,  if she believes he raped that girl, Lisa said no. Gayle retorted, “but you don’t really know, do you?”

How is that an opinion when it's true she doesn't really know?  It's not like she kept probing after that or asked Ms. Leslie to dissect Kobe's statement after he settled with the woman.  Really, the most frustrating thing about the question imo is that Lebron or any of Kobe's male friends would never be asked that. 

Even if that question was so mean and bad, the reaction is over-the-top. I think Kobe truly turned his life around after the allegations, but come on. Snoop Dogg out calling Gayle out of her name and vaguely threatening her and Bill Cosby, convicted rapist and author of the Pound Cake Speech, admonishing her from prison is completely inappropriate.  I wouldn't be surprised if these men were angry about the Robert Kelly interview and saw their opportunity to pounce after the Kobe question.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

How is that an opinion when it's true she doesn't really know?  It's not like she kept probing after that or asked Ms. Leslie to dissect Kobe's statement after he settled with the woman.  Really, the most frustrating thing about the question imo is that Lebron or any of Kobe's male friends would never be asked that. 

Even if that question was so mean and bad, the reaction is over-the-top. I think Kobe truly turned his life around after the allegations, but come on. Snoop Dogg out calling Gayle out of her name and vaguely threatening her and Bill Cosby, convicted rapist and author of the Pound Cake Speech, admonishing her from prison is completely inappropriate.  I wouldn't be surprised if these men were angry about the Robert Kelly interview and saw their opportunity to pounce after the Kobe question.

I doubt they had a problem with  the R. Kelly interview. He is a vile pig who abused young girls of color, knowing that he would get away with because they are marginalized in America.

I think part of the problem is the perception that Gayle is not staying on code when it comes to Black men. There is a double standard that exists in the community in that Black women are supposed to stay loyal to Black men no matter what.. I don't believe in that shit, I am Black and I will not support R. Kelly, Cosby or any other pervert that is a part of my race. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size