Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
David T. Cole

CBS This Morning

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

Is there a forum for the Sunday Morning show?  I  am not finding it thru my usual avenues.  Thanks.

I don't think so, but I could be wrong.   I remember looking for it last year, without success.

Share this post


Link to post

Just saw Adriana Diaz' report on student protests over racism at Syracuse University. She was wearing a gorgeous coat with huge lapels and a sort of neckwarmer section. I can't describe it in a way that does it justice. She looked badass and beautiful.

I tried grabbing a screenshot, but it's too big to paste. Adriana Diaz' Awesome Coat

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Lifesabeach said:

I have been enjoying this holiday team on for the past few days so much more than the regular weekday team.  Gayle is really getting quite tiresome. 🥺

Totally agree! I think Vlad and Jericka would be perfect as permanent anchors. I'm not so crazy about Dana Jacobson, but I cant really put my finger on why. Maybe the chemistry just isn't there as a threesome. [Get your minds out of the gutter, people! LOL]

I noticed that in one of the year-end retrospectives, the clip of Gayle rudely admonishing Anthony after he briefly stumbled over her name was included. I laughed at the thought of the production staff choosing that clip - "take that, Gayle! Let everyone see what we deal with every day."

Edited by Ashforth
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, Ashforth said:

Totally agree! I think Vlad and Jericka would be perfect as permanent anchors. I'm not so crazy about Dana Jacobson, but I cant really put my finger on why. Maybe the chemistry just isn't there as a threesome. [Get your minds out of the gutter, people! LOL]

I noticed that in one of the year-end retrospectives, the clip of Gayle rudely admonishing Anthony after he briefly stumbled over her name was included. I laughed at the thought of the production staff choosing that clip - "take that, Gayle! Let everyone see what we deal with every day."

Not a Vlad fan but Jericka with Anthony and Tony during the week would be good. But the "star" Gayle would have to go and no way would that ever happen.

Share this post


Link to post

It's been a good break. I really enjoyed Jerika this morning with Anthony and Tony. (But then again Jerika is one of my favorites on the crew)

By Monday we'll be back to Gayle's over-explaining and awkward questions. And the moment on the show I dread most when she's there....everyone else can quickly intro the Talk of the Table segment by saying they pick a story to share with each other and the audience. Gayle says all that and then has to add that the reason it is called that is that they are at a table and they are talkin'....every time. Sigh

I don't really dislike Gayle but she has some unprofessional habits and no one seems to call her on them. Norah used to nip some of it in the bud but now she just goes off on her tangents.

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
10 hours ago, knitorpurl said:

I don't really dislike Gayle but she has some unprofessional habits and no one seems to call her on them.

Gayle has her decent moments.  Whether she's a good interviewer or not, Gayle had a hand in helping expose R. Kelly as the manipulative asshole that he is (how many times do you think he pulled that crying shit on the girls he abused?) and she comes off as a lot less out of touch than Oprah in those videos they used to post.  But ooh boy, the constant chattering is annoying, I agree with everyone there.

That's why I only watch Saturdays now.  Jeff Glor is a superstar and I really like Michelle Miller.  Dana Jacobson I can take or leave.  Like if Dana left the show tomorrow I don't think I would notice or care.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Agree about Gayle over explaining things.  Good phrase for her, annoying.

But......worst cat in the world!  If I weren’t allergic.  She and I have similar traits except I like pink and dislike jump scares.  Other than that we are simpatico 😼😆

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Gayle doesn’t understand that she is not Oprah.  Oprah interviewed guests, asked provocative questions and injected her personal “journey” into most topics.  She was a “Host.”

Gayle is a news Anchor, meaning newsreader who is supposed to be neutral and professional.  When she asked Kobe Bryant’s friend, Lisa Leslie,  if she believes he raped that girl, Lisa said no. Gayle retorted, “but you don’t really know, do you?”  In other words, you ask me my OPINION, I give it to you and you effectively minimize my answer.  
 

I don’t care about Gayles personal opinions on much of anything.  But in this crazy, angry, divided country, I am a woman without a national news show.  I watch my local morning news to hear local events, traffic and weather, along with national and international headlines.  I went to CBS because they have the most serious show, imho.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Quote

 When she asked Kobe Bryant’s friend, Lisa Leslie,  if she believes he raped that girl, Lisa said no. Gayle retorted, “but you don’t really know, do you?”

How is that an opinion when it's true she doesn't really know?  It's not like she kept probing after that or asked Ms. Leslie to dissect Kobe's statement after he settled with the woman.  Really, the most frustrating thing about the question imo is that Lebron or any of Kobe's male friends would never be asked that. 

Even if that question was so mean and bad, the reaction is over-the-top. I think Kobe truly turned his life around after the allegations, but come on. Snoop Dogg out calling Gayle out of her name and vaguely threatening her and Bill Cosby, convicted rapist and author of the Pound Cake Speech, admonishing her from prison is completely inappropriate.  I wouldn't be surprised if these men were angry about the Robert Kelly interview and saw their opportunity to pounce after the Kobe question.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, junemeatcleaver said:

How is that an opinion when it's true she doesn't really know?  It's not like she kept probing after that or asked Ms. Leslie to dissect Kobe's statement after he settled with the woman.  Really, the most frustrating thing about the question imo is that Lebron or any of Kobe's male friends would never be asked that. 

Even if that question was so mean and bad, the reaction is over-the-top. I think Kobe truly turned his life around after the allegations, but come on. Snoop Dogg out calling Gayle out of her name and vaguely threatening her and Bill Cosby, convicted rapist and author of the Pound Cake Speech, admonishing her from prison is completely inappropriate.  I wouldn't be surprised if these men were angry about the Robert Kelly interview and saw their opportunity to pounce after the Kobe question.

I doubt they had a problem with  the R. Kelly interview. He is a vile pig who abused young girls of color, knowing that he would get away with because they are marginalized in America.

I think part of the problem is the perception that Gayle is not staying on code when it comes to Black men. There is a double standard that exists in the community in that Black women are supposed to stay loyal to Black men no matter what.. I don't believe in that shit, I am Black and I will not support R. Kelly, Cosby or any other pervert that is a part of my race. 

Edited by Pearson80
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Virginia.  A mom who takes her small son to Sheetz everyday for a slushy and French fries.  And now he gets 5K worth for free.   🤢 wonder what that kid’s arteries will look Iike in 20 years.  Great parenting skills.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's been nice this week to have Gayle out and Michelle Miller filling in. Anthony and Tony seem so much more relaxed and there is more easy camaraderie, discussion, and laughter.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, Ashforth said:

It's been nice this week to have Gayle out and Michelle Miller filling in. Anthony and Tony seem so much more relaxed and there is more easy camaraderie, discussion, and laughter.

I noticed that too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The CBS studios in New York are closed now so the show has moved down the street to the Ed Sullivan Theater and are on the Late Show set.

Share this post


Link to post

I've been lukewarm at best about Gayle for a while, but she has come to life with fire and toughness the past few days with the coverage of the murder of George Floyd. It's good to see.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

With all the horrible things happening in our world today, this is going to seem stupidly petty, and it is,  but I guess I am easily triggered these days.  Why does Gayle have to point her finger at us every single time during the opening?  I know it is probably for emphasis but it feels like being the naughty child being reprimanded.  

Back to The horribleness 😳🤬

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Lifesabeach said:

With all the horrible things happening in our world today, this is going to seem stupidly petty, and it is,  but I guess I am easily triggered these days.  Why does Gayle have to point her finger at us every single time during the opening?  I know it is probably for emphasis but it feels like being the naughty child being reprimanded.  

Back to The horribleness 😳🤬

Addendum:  this is not to have any racial connotation what so ever.

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, Lifesabeach said:

With all the horrible things happening in our world today, this is going to seem stupidly petty, and it is,  but I guess I am easily triggered these days.  Why does Gayle have to point her finger at us every single time during the opening?  I know it is probably for emphasis but it feels like being the naughty child being reprimanded.  

Back to The horribleness 😳🤬

I know what you mean. I like Gayle overall and I certainly don't want to nitpick the only woman on the panel but she has certain habits. Like the pointing the finger thing, if she uses the word great she has to add "it's Tony the Tiger great", etc.

Since they've been broadcasting from home the overtalking has gotten much worse- everyone does it to some extent as it is the nature of delay but Gayle does it at another level. When a guest adds something to the greeting instead of just continuing she stops and acknowledges what they said, has to try to find where she was. Same thing happens at the close of an interview if they add an extra good bye or pleasantry. It wrecks the flow entirely.

The thing that irritates yet cracks me up is her need to interrupt by loudly saying their names. Yesterday it was "Anthony and Vlad, Anthony and Vlad, Anthony and Vlad". My favorite was the day they were doing a story on a man named Nick who got to use a lift to be raised up to his wife's window in a nursing home. Anthony and Tony were wrapping up the story and Gayle loudly interjected "Anthony, Anthony, Anthony", "Yes, Gayle", "Anthony, you have a son named Nick". The look on his face!

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

Knitorpurl, you said it much better than me  😉   I miss most of this because I ff thru much of the show.  I cannot take the over explaining right now.  But I have seen those wtf looks on Anthony’s and Tony’s faces.   

Gayle has been shopping though.  I like her new outfits.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Tony did such a sweet and tearful tribute to his mom for her retirement (that is, until Gayle stepped all over it insisting that he tell us about it- that is what he was doing) He seems to have lived a very interesting life. Might have to read his bio or some info.

 

 

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/20/2019 at 8:33 AM, Ashforth said:

Just saw Adriana Diaz' report on student protests over racism at Syracuse University. She was wearing a gorgeous coat with huge lapels and a sort of neckwarmer section. I can't describe it in a way that does it justice. She looked badass and beautiful.

I tried grabbing a screenshot, but it's too big to paste. Adriana Diaz' Awesome Coat

 

1325CBA2-3DF3-44F2-9A75-DAEF5B50A43B.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/16/2020 at 12:16 PM, Lifesabeach said:

With all the horrible things happening in our world today, this is going to seem stupidly petty, and it is,  but I guess I am easily triggered these days.  Why does Gayle have to point her finger at us every single time during the opening?  I know it is probably for emphasis but it feels like being the naughty child being reprimanded.  

Back to The horribleness 😳🤬

I never really noticed the pointing before, but now I do! Every single day. And it bugs.

Thanks a lot, @Lifesabeach! heh.

  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Quote

Tony did such a sweet and tearful tribute to his mom for her retirement (that is, until Gayle stepped all over it insisting that he tell us about it- that is what he was doing) 

I had stopped watching awhile ago, but I'd tuned in this day. WTH? Remembered that Gayle's overbearing vacuousness was tough to watch. Oprah, be a girlfriend, tell her to knock it off. I can't watch Today or GMA (too annoying), I'd like to watch this more often (long-time Anthony fan).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

WTH was the plug for Lay's potato chips near the end of today's show? After a great story about a man in Alaska who used his boat to keep his town supplied with food and much more while state-run (and only) ferry was shut down for six months, Gayle inexplicably brought up some apparent promotion by Lay's and extolled the wonder of bbq potato chips. Tony then chimed in that he prefers plain. Vlad said he'll take them all. 

Why didn't they just bust out big bags of chips and eat them on the air? 

  • Laugh 4

Share this post


Link to post

I usually only watch "Talk of the Table" these days because the rest of the news is pretty depressing. I don't think there's a need for the intro every single time. We get it. Even someone who hasn't watched before will pick up on what it's all about. Anyway, I watched it today and Gayle just can't keep her mouth shut. Tony was talking about a woman who made history being the first African American woman to be a combat Navy pilot (I'm sure I got that wrong, forgive me for the lack of details) and Tony is talking about it and Gayle interrupts saying "Tony, what's her name? what's her name?" 

Gayle, Tony said her name at the beginning. Shut up and let him do his segment in peace. Or ask again what her name is AFTER he's done talking. She's very annoying. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, hookedontv said:

I usually only watch "Talk of the Table" these days because the rest of the news is pretty depressing. I don't think there's a need for the intro every single time. We get it. Even someone who hasn't watched before will pick up on what it's all about. Anyway, I watched it today and Gayle just can't keep her mouth shut. Tony was talking about a woman who made history being the first African American woman to be a combat Navy pilot (I'm sure I got that wrong, forgive me for the lack of details) and Tony is talking about it and Gayle interrupts saying "Tony, what's her name? what's her name?" 

Gayle, Tony said her name at the beginning. Shut up and let him do his segment in peace. Or ask again what her name is AFTER he's done talking. She's very annoying. 

Gayle thinks she's so "special" & therefore entitled to interrupt when something pops into her head.  Very annoying!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/10/2020 at 9:19 AM, Medicine Crow said:

Gayle thinks she's so "special" & therefore entitled to interrupt when something pops into her head.  Very annoying!!!

Omg, so agree.  I am considering discontinuing watching because of her.   But can’t stand the other AM shows either.  And she is at Oprah’s compound now  so I think she feels particularly empowered.  Not to take anything away from a successful woman but she just steamrolls over everyone else.  Maybe if she got her own talk show.......again.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On Talk of the Table this morning, Tony announced he was going to visit his older children in Tel Aviv (I don't know much about Tony but apparently they live there with their mom) for an extended period of time. Usually, the kids come for the summer to visit him but because of Covid, Tony is going there for a while since he hasn't seen them since December.

I sat there wishing it was Gayle that was going away for an extended period of time...

  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/24/2020 at 8:05 AM, hookedontv said:

On Talk of the Table this morning, Tony announced he was going to visit his older children in Tel Aviv (I don't know much about Tony but apparently they live there with their mom) for an extended period of time. Usually, the kids come for the summer to visit him but because of Covid, Tony is going there for a while since he hasn't seen them since December.

I sat there wishing it was Gayle that was going away for an extended period of time...

I have enjoyed this week without Gayle anchoring. I'm not sure whether I miss Anthony Mason. I like Jericka Duncan a lot, and I'm a fan of Vlad. Jeff Glor is okay, but seems a bit like a bland substitute for Tony Dokoupil.

There is an odd lack of chemistry (to me) between Jericka, Vlad and Jeff. Jericka seems stiff and self-conscious, which is not my usual impression of her.

BTW, @hookedontv, because of your post I looked up Tony Dokoupil. Now I want to read his book about his childhood affected by his drug dealer dad. Learning a little online about his life has made me see him in a different light. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

On 8/6/2020 at 9:56 AM, Ashforth said:

BTW, @hookedontv, because of your post I looked up Tony Dokoupil. Now I want to read his book about his childhood affected by his drug dealer dad. Learning a little online about his life has made me see him in a different light. 

I found that fascinating too and want to get the book. 

Share this post


Link to post

This week has been nice without Gayle. I was happy to have Anthony Mason back, and look forward to Tony's return.

I would be very pleased to have Michelle Miller replace Gayle permanently.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

The bangs may have improved but the overtalking definitely has not. A couple of days ago I had to just turn off the interview with Amy Schumer- neither one of them seemed to understand how an interview works.

And yesterday with the Popeyes chicken sandwich- we understand you love it, Gayle. But then she had to bring it up again in another segment to announce that there fries with the order. Why do the viewers care if you have cold French fries in the morning? 

Bring Jerika back! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

There's not much traffic in this forum but I had to hustle right over here after watching Talk of the Table today (10/5.) I just saw the most cringe-worthy interview (if you can call it that) between Gayle and Lenny Kravitz. 

First let me preface this by saying that I think Lenny is a musical genius and is stunning to look at. 

I think that Anthony should have done the interview -- Anthony is all about music, knows his stuff, and would have done a professional interview. 

Gayle didn't. She talked over him (as usual) and was, in my opinion, very unprofessional. I realize it was on the casual "Talk of the Table" but she was ridiculous. First she asked if he would take off his sunglasses (inferring that she wanted to see his eyes/face.) Then Gayle read a text that a friend of hers supposedly sent (not sure I believe that) saying something alone the lines that Lenny Kravitz was a fine ass looking man.

This double standard infuriates me to no end!!! Would this ever have happened or tolerated if the genders were reversed? For instance, what if Tony or Anthony acted the same way as Gayle did while interviewing Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, or any other female singer? 

The #metoo movement would be on their case and CBS's case before I could turn the TV off. 

This really made me mad. 

  • Like 3
  • Surprise 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, hookedontv said:

There's not much traffic in this forum but I had to hustle right over here after watching Talk of the Table today (10/5.) I just saw the most cringe-worthy interview (if you can call it that) between Gayle and Lenny Kravitz. 

First let me preface this by saying that I think Lenny is a musical genius and is stunning to look at. 

I think that Anthony should have done the interview -- Anthony is all about music, knows his stuff, and would have done a professional interview. 

Gayle didn't. She talked over him (as usual) and was, in my opinion, very unprofessional. I realize it was on the casual "Talk of the Table" but she was ridiculous. First she asked if he would take off his sunglasses (inferring that she wanted to see his eyes/face.) Then Gayle read a text that a friend of hers supposedly sent (not sure I believe that) saying something alone the lines that Lenny Kravitz was a fine ass looking man.

This double standard infuriates me to no end!!! Would this ever have happened or tolerated if the genders were reversed? For instance, what if Tony or Anthony acted the same way as Gayle did while interviewing Taylor Swift, Lady Gaga, or any other female singer? 

The #metoo movement would be on their case and CBS's case before I could turn the TV off. 

This really made me mad. 

I agree; it was awkward and embarrassing. She was practically salivating.

It is just as demeaning and harassing when you say things like that to a man. He was there to discuss his book and his music; not to hear a critique of his sexiness or how much Gayle or her friend lust after him.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

10 hours ago, knitorpurl said:

I agree; it was awkward and embarrassing. She was practically salivating.

It is just as demeaning and harassing when you say things like that to a man. He was there to discuss his book and his music; not to hear a critique of his sexiness or how much Gayle or her friend lust after him.

I think I'll pick up a copy of Lenny's book. He's had an interesting life. I saw him in concert about 4 years ago - so talented!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

This morning hearing Anthony talk about the loss of their baby during his wife's pregnancy in the past was so touching. I have never gone through it myself, but have been through it with my daughter's first three pregnancies. That deep loss is tragic and causes such feelings of inadequacy and isolation. Just hearing him speak about it, you could hear how those feelings are still there. 

My daughter is about to give birth again, after two healthy children and all is going well, but that underlying dread is still with her. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

JFC, Gayle.

Did anyone else catch Gayle totally interrupting Glenn Close (GLENN CLOSE!) on the show this morning? Gayle busted in while Glenn was mid-sentence, steamrolling over both Glenn and Anthony. 
 

Hold up Gayle and take a minute. Your thoughts and questions are not more important than other people’s. 

PS: I have to see Glenn’s new movie Hillbilly Elegy. It looks great. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, hookedontv said:

JFC, Gayle.

Did anyone else catch Gayle totally interrupting Glenn Close (GLENN CLOSE!) on the show this morning? Gayle busted in while Glenn was mid-sentence, steamrolling over both Glenn and Anthony. 
 

Hold up Gayle and take a minute. Your thoughts and questions are not more important than other people’s. 

PS: I have to see Glenn’s new movie Hillbilly Elegy. It looks great. 

Gayle interrupted, then Anthony interrupted, then Gayle interrupted. Sigh. It's apparently a pissing contest at this point. Since Gayle has been anointed as the Queen of CBS This Morning, I guess it won't be long before Anthony is imprisoned in a castle tower, or moves to a more exciting opportunity at CBS with vastly less air time, or retires to "spend more time with family". Something like that.

  • Like 2
  • Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post

I love Anthony Mason's pieces on musicians. It's clear that he loves music and respects the people who make it, and that he recognizes the meaning and power of music in our lives.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Gayle is very selective in her “reporting” and comments.  She leaves out certain aspects if it does not suit her agenda.  What happened to being fair and telling it like it is, CBS should dump her.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Tony, come on!  Why why would you say that you hoped Major the Biden’s dog would become the My Pillow Guy for the Biden WH?  What did you even mean by that?  😤

  • Laugh 1

Share this post


Link to post

If Drew Barrymore is guest hosting on this show to make me want to watch her show, it's a fail.  I don't hate Drew by any means; I generally like her.  She is not a good interviewer.  Heck, she's not even a mediocre interviewer.  She's terrible. Her hair looks great.  Beyond that . . . 😬

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size