Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: NCIS: Los Angeles

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

So we're doing this story again.  New person wants to shake up team and get rid of Heddy.  Heddy disappears to do something shady.  Deeks  (why is he still even considered a cop?) gets removed and sent back to LAPD where we are reminded no one likes him there.   

Did I miss anything?

Oh did we ever meet Deeks mom before.  She's hilarious.  

• Love 3

We're not doing individual threads because there aren't enough people posting- we rarely get over 40 posts (if that) an episode.  If that changes, we'll reconsider individual episode threads.

Deeks needs to shave, and Sam has gotten over his wife's death remarkably quickly.

I wonder how long it will take to bring Hetty back into the fold.  I forgot- was she wearing one of her trademark brooches at that bar?

Yeah, this had a 'rinse-and-repeat'-feeling to it. At least someone finally pointed out that they have quite an excessive death toll (probably only outdone by the guys over at H50) - too bad it was a character I'm apparently not supposed to like. I did like her assistant though.

• Love 3

I wanted to like this episode. I really did. I've been looking forward to this all summer. They tried really hard but just seem to miss the mark. Getting Sam back to work and witnessing his grief should not have taken place in the same episode as introducing a new assistant director. And I'm not sure how I feel about the assistant director yet. I understand that Granger is gone and that slot needs to be filled but Mosley is not striking me as the person to fill it.

Sam has taken another body blow in his life but by the end of the episode he's back to work and bantering with the team as usual.? I sincerely hope that we see his grief continue to roll out throughout the season. Not because I want him to be sad but because if he isn't, the Michelle's death rings completely false. Maybe Sam has to go back to work for financial reasons or because he wants to distract himself while the kids are at school but to be bantering and acting as usual takes me completely out of the story.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

And I'm not sure how I feel about the assistant director yet. I understand that Granger is gone and that slot needs to be filled but Mosley is not striking me as the person to fill it.

I haven't seen Mosley before, but the woman who plays her Assistant (who came with her ?) is the one who I remember more vividly.

In agreement that this episode seemed rushed and rough.  Sam's return merited a longer intro.  But they never had him go introduce himself to the new Heddy, and that is wrong in every situation.  

OTOH, I will rewatch this, just to fill in what I think are blanks that I missed last night.

41 minutes ago, Prairiemakeup said:

New to this page but a fan for years! How much time has supposedly elapsed between last seaon's finale and the season premier? 

Unless the previous season ended on a tight cliffhanger, the show tends to stick to real time. The final episode last season reference to Sam's kids being at school. This season begins with mentions of them beginning their new school year. So roughly three to four months. Even when they do end on a cliffhanger the second episode of the season will generally contain at least a small time skip.

• Love 2

I liked the new "EAD-PAC." But that may be because I like Nia Long and it carried over. I def liked that she called Callen out on the death toll. And I liked that she was able to be flexible when needed. I can do without the assistant. But if Nell is going to be out in the field more, then maybe that's why she was brought on. I was hoping for at least a Vance mention - like Callen was going to call him to confirm, but no.

Comments on the TV Line article last night were universal in their hatred of Mosley. I didn't find her that polarizing (see above). I didn't read any more comments today, but here's the story:  NCIS: LA Season 9: How Is Granger's Successor? And What Is Hetty Up To?

I agree that Sam seems "fine" and potentially stuffing down his feelings. I was confused by the rapid Deeks dismissal - there isn't paperwork to send him back to LAPD? And then take him back again?? Is Deeks' boss that he talked to the one Whiting was looking into? Or is this the one we liked/trusted. I can't remember.

Hey Hetty, you're a bitch - tell your team you are retiring. I did not understand at all the straw man she is chasing.

Eric - it's been however many seasons and you've trained to become a field agent. Get better at lying/changing topics/not looking guilty when someone sneaks up on you in Ops.

I'm with @MostlyC that Deeks needs a shave and a haircut. At least a trim! (That might be because ECO might have been simultaneously shooting Battle of the Sexes.)

• Love 2

Why can't the people in charge (bosses) ever be nice guys?  It seems that no matter what show the powers that be are usually confrontational scumbags. I once was a boss and I considered myself a nice guy as did my subordinates. 

• Love 1
On 10/2/2017 at 8:26 AM, Chaos Theory said:

New person wants to shake up team and get rid of Heddy.  Heddy disappears to do something shady.  Deeks  (why is he still even considered a cop?) gets removed and sent back to LAPD where we are reminded no one likes him there.

First, Mosley didn't get rid of Hetty; Hetty retired--before Mosley showed up. Deeks is still "considered" a cop because he IS still a cop (he's never turned in the application Hetty gave him many seasons ago), and he hasn't been "sent back" to LAPD before--he was arrested and questioned because of an IA investigation.

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 3
On 10/2/2017 at 10:08 AM, MostlyC said:

Sam has gotten over his wife's death remarkably quickly.

I'm not sure what you mean. Several weeks have passed--Kam's in school and Aiden is at Annapolis--and as far as "getting over" his wife, he's still wearing his wedding ring and living alone. Should he be wearing sackcloth and ashes?

On 10/2/2017 at 10:27 AM, MissLucas said:

At least someone finally pointed out that they have quite an excessive death toll (probably only outdone by the guys over at H50)

I agree with Mosley on this. Maybe this is part of the reset Gemmill plans. In the first season, if there were two people killed in an episode, it was a lot for the team to handle; now, it's not unusual for them to kill 10 before the halfway.

On 10/2/2017 at 0:13 PM, enoughcats said:

they never had him go introduce himself to the new Heddy, and that is wrong in every situation.  

Mosley isn't the new Hetty; she's replacing Granger (who was Hetty's boss), and Sam probably didn't worry about introductions because of the case. The episode is only 40+ minutes long--they can't cover everything in that time.

On 10/2/2017 at 4:35 PM, preeya said:

Why can't the people in charge (bosses) ever be nice guys?

What makes Mosley NOT a "nice guy"? Because she has a different way of doing things? She doesn't yell, scream, make racist jokes or inappropriate comments. She is, after all, the boss. She tells Callen it's not a democracy--and it's not (and I think Callen did very well defending his team as he should have as the team leader). Besides, we don't know what she's been told to do by HER bosses in Washington. After all, this unit had a mole for how long, the Assistant Secretary of Defense was assassinated in their territory, they let Khaled Tahir escape--they haven't had a stellar record lately.

On 10/2/2017 at 3:46 PM, betsyboo said:

I was confused by the rapid Deeks dismissal - there isn't paperwork to send him back to LAPD? And then take him back again?? Is Deeks' boss that he talked to the one Whiting was looking into? Or is this the one we liked/trusted. I can't remember.

I don't think there's much paperwork involved because Deeks is still LAPD; he was just liaison to NCIS--and they have to take him back because he IS one of them. I think Bates is the one Whiting heard rumors about being crooked, but I hope not (I thought he was pretty funny--"Do you want me to write you a note?" "Did you forget the lunch she packed for you?")

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 5
6 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Sam's return merited a longer intro.

I think this continues because I saw  promo where Callen finds out Sam has his house for sale nd they talk about his future, so I think Sam's grieving and making a new life for himself is going to go on for several episodes--just like in real life.

• Love 4
On 10/2/2017 at 7:26 AM, Chaos Theory said:

Heddy disappears to do something shady.  

On 10/2/2017 at 2:46 PM, betsyboo said:

Hey Hetty, you're a bitch - tell your team you are retiring. I did not understand at all the straw man she is chasing.

God bless Linda Hunt, but I am just absolutely done with all of this Hetty "retired" goes on secret mission nonsense, and I'm not even on her fictional team. 

Just go, Hetty, just go and be gone and let us never see you again.  There is no shaking up anything as long as the all-knowing/all-seeing/all-stringpulling one remains. Enough!

• Love 7
On 10/2/2017 at 6:32 PM, 123BP said:

I'm not sure what you mean. Several weeks have passed--Kam's in school and Aiden is at Annapolis--and as far as "getting over" his wife, he's still wearing his wedding ring and living alone. Should he be wearing sackcloth and ashes?

I agree with Mosley on this. Maybe this is part of the reset Gemmill plans. In the first season, if there were two people killed in an episode, it was a lot for the team to handle; now, it's not unusual for them to kill 10 before the halfway.

Mosley isn't the new Hetty; she's replacing Granger (who was Hetty's boss), and Sam probably didn't worry about introductions because of the case. The episode is only 40+ minutes long--they can't cover everything in that time.

What makes Mosley NOT a "nice guy"? Because she has a different way of doing things? She doesn't yell, scream, make racist jokes or inappropriate comments. She is, after all, the boss. She tells Callen it's not a democracy--and it's not (and I think Callen did very well defending his team as he should have as the team leader). Besides, we don't know what she's been told to do by HER bosses in Washington. After all, this unit had a mole for how long, the Assistant Secretary of Defense was assassinated in their territory, they let Khaled Tahir escape--they haven't had a stellar record lately.

I don't think there's much paperwork involved because Deeks is still LAPD; he was just liaison to NCIS--and they have to take him back because he IS one of them. I think Bates is the one Whiting heard rumors about being crooked, but I hope not (I thought he was pretty funny--"Do you want me to write you a note?" "Did you forget the lunch she packed for you?")

I love all of this so much. As much as I like Linda Hunt, I'm done with Hetty.  This mindset that NCIS (all of them) seen to have that anyone outside our little group is evil,  incompetent, and must be hated is ridiculous (and a major reason I stopped watching the original). I'm looking forward to Nia's character. 

• Love 2

Is Hetty actually leaving? We didn't see anything online about Linda Hunt leaving the show, and the preview for next week showed Hetty in what I thought looked like the NCIS headquarters. If she's not actually going anywhere, then can we skip this oft-trotted out "Hetty goes to do a thing and it's very mysterious because she never tells anyone anything ever but 4 episodes later she's back like nothing happened", please? Same with Deeks at LAPD. If this is just a time marker and in three or fewer episodes, it's business as usual, then can we please skip it because it's been done a thousand times before in all the NCISes and it's old.

I personally liked the Granger replacement, but I felt like the show was attempting to set her up as someone we weren't supposed to like so if we have to do that again, that will be annoying.

Negativity aside, it was nice to have the show back and I thought it was a decent episode.

• Love 4

Having trouble with quotes on my computer today, but here's my 2 cents worth:

Eric's hair: saw an interview on you tube with him and Sarah together and he said the producers wouldn't let him cut it, even though he would like to.  

Sam: I am hoping he is up and down for a while, so it is the will he/won't he story line.

I loved the Harley character, I can see a lot of banter between her and the wonder twins being entertaining.  I think she is going to fit in faster than Mosely.  

I also liked how Mosely addressed their "death toll" per case and about doing things smarter, but I also liked how Callen stood up to Mosely and said trust me on my team choices, as sometimes a new boss can be challenging. I think the respect will grow between these two characters.

Hetty is supposed to be hunting for Grainger.  Beats me how the super hairy man in the photo is going to help, I would have thought talking to his daughter and looking for her Mum would have been one way to start searching.  I was also hoping we would see more of Admiral Chegwidden and co helping out in that hunt, or just around LA.  

Deeks' Mum scene was interesting.  I have no idea why he didn't tell her about his and Kensi's relationship to be honest.  She came and helped out when Kensi was recovering and even as they said on the run, she likes Kensi more than she likes Deeks.  And he knew that Kensi's Mum talked to his so the question for me is why didn't he tell her?  

Maybe the being sent back to LAPD Headquarters is going to tie in the Deeks helping Whiting bust Bates (even though he is hilarious).  

• Love 1

I've wondered if Deeks will get a storyline explaining his relationship with his mom, because it's always seemed off to me. I remember his father was abusive to them and Deeks shot him and he later died in a car accident.

His mom has always come off to me like there's something more going on there that Deeks has had to deal with - like maybe she has a personality disorder or bipolar disorder and he's had to deal with that. They write her as if he has some kind of issue from growing up specifically to do with her, but it's never been apparent what.

I really hope we get more Deeks/Whiting. I like Deeks with just about everyone on this show, but his interactions with LAPD are always hilarious. He really doesn't fit there, and I think he should have gone over to NCIS a long time ago. What keeps him with LAPD??

• Love 3

Deeks has said in the past he has always felt he should be a cop, Hetty has tried to get him to convert to being an agent, but no one ever pushed to explain exactly why. Maybe that will be explained too? I have lots of questions :)  

3 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

Hetty is supposed to be hunting for Grainger.  Beats me how the super hairy man in the photo is going to help, I would have thought talking to his daughter and looking for her Mum would have been one way to start searching.  I was also hoping we would see more of Admiral Chegwidden and co helping out in that hunt, or just around LA.  

I don't think Hetty is there looking for Granger. If anyone's seen Apocalypse Now or read Heart of Darkness, I think this is the line: she's been sent on a secret assignment to find an alleged American Vietnam-era vet she knew because they worked together back then and he's been living in the back country and "gone native"--he's killing people indiscriminately. Her job is to find out if it is this man--or another American--and stop the killing. 

I have no idea why he didn't tell her about his and Kensi's relationship to be honest.  She came and helped out when Kensi was recovering and even as they said on the run, she likes Kensi more than she likes Deeks.  And he knew that Kensi's Mum talked to his so the question for me is why didn't he tell her?  

Oh, I think I know. She's a whining busybody. C'mon, look at how she "helped" Kensi--cutting her food like she was an infant, whining about their careers, telling Deeks to get down to the hospital because Kensi was going to wake up any minute, criticizing him for joking when Kensi was in a coma. She was incredibly annoying--and frankly, I find it really unbelievable that that hunk would find her a satisfying partner.

1 hour ago, threebluestars said:

I've wondered if Deeks will get a storyline explaining his relationship with his mom,

I hope not. She's just too frigging annoying.

I also liked how Mosely addressed their "death toll" per case and about doing things smarter, but I also liked how Callen stood up to Mosely and said trust me on my team choices, as sometimes a new boss can be challenging. I think the respect will grow between these two characters.

I agree.

Bates (even though he is hilarious)

I think this was just about the funniest bit on the show. I LOVED Bates' lines ("Do you want me to write you a note?") I sure hope he's not dirty; I wouldn't mind seeing him again - he's kind of like Deeks' version of Arkady.

• Love 2

@ymeagain, I've not seen either of those movies, I was just going on the spoiler threads and press release information I had seen in regards to Hetty.  

I agree Deeks' Mum is dead-set annoying.  It does explain when in season 2 and he was shot, he couldn't decide who to put down as next of kin, I doubt she would make a wise, informed decision about much at all, she is very ditzy, to say the least.  

• Love 2
2 hours ago, threebluestars said:

I've wondered if Deeks will get a storyline explaining his relationship with his mom, because it's always seemed off to me. I remember his father was abusive to them and Deeks shot him and he later died in a car accident.

His mom has always come off to me like there's something more going on there that Deeks has had to deal with - like maybe she has a personality disorder or bipolar disorder and he's had to deal with that. They write her as if he has some kind of issue from growing up specifically to do with her, but it's never been apparent what.

I thought the same thing since her first episode. My theory has always been that the abuse her husband put them through left her with some mental issues. Not enough to keep her from functioning but enough to make her more than a handful for Deeks. He's probably been the parent in the relationship for a long time now.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, anna0852 said:

left her with some mental issues. Not enough to keep her from functioning but enough to make her more than a handful for Deeks. He's probably been the parent in the relationship for a long time now.

That doesn't really track with what he said in season 7 when he introduced her to Kensi or season 8 when he said she always made sure that the holidays were the one constant--that sounds like someone who has their act together. And there's no indication that Deeks went to work early in his life; he went to college and law school, and he's always (as far as we know) been in contact with his mom. Besides, he doesn't seem worried about her behavior, just annoyed.

23 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I've not seen either of those movies

Apocalypse Now is the film by Coppola (Godfather director) with Martin Sheen (if you can find it, it's definitely worth watching). Heart of Darkness is the novel by Joseph Conrad on which the film was based; it's good, also (probably on Kindle).

Edited by ymeagain
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, 123BP said:

Episode 2 (and I'm not going to butcher the Spanish) was great!!

Yep. It was a lot of fun. Harimoto has turned into one of their best writers (he wrote 767 last season and that was good). He writes very tight stories--logical and without holes--plus his dialogue is good (the LOTR comments were great). Everything worked well and the acting was good, especially Sam's uc bit and Callen and Anna's dialogue. This kind of story reminds me more of season 1 which is one of my favorite seasons: more thinking and uc, less shootouts and car chases. Hope this is part of the reset Gemmill and Co. are workfing on for this season.

• Love 1

I loved it too, it was a great episode.  The only thing that had me thinking was they introduced Mosely and her assistant last episode, and we had this big character shake-up, and conflict between all the characters (the Deeks and LAPD push, Callen and Mosely power struggle etc) but they were no where to be seen this episode.  And who was calling the shots?  Nell?  I just found that strange.  

• Love 1

Hmmmm - no Nia Long last night. I like Callen and Anna together, both at work and at home, and I think it's pretty appropriate that she plays HALO with teenagers. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Marsha Thomason, so I hope they bring her on as a new member of the team. I admit to being weirded out by Sam's behavior around her. Was that just me? I thought he was a little flirty - before they were undercover. I admit it was nice to see him smile. And I also thought that she knew him before, so I was surprised she didn't express her condolences right off the bat. So when she did it later, I thought it was weird. Might be just me. 

I was relieved the Secret Service Overwatch guy did not end up dying, as I surely predicted as soon as Callen had a past with him. 

I care not one iota for Hetty's secert journey or her reunion with Poor Man's Jeff Bridges.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LittlePeas3 said:

they were no where to be seen this episode.  And who was calling the shots?  Nell?  I just found that strange.  

This episode was one of two filmed at the end of season 8, so that's why no Nia. It's not the first time Nell has briefed the team (she did it when Hetty was in DC, Spoils of War, and a couple of other episodes, so . . . ).

1 hour ago, betsyboo said:

when she did it later, I thought it was weird

I wondered about that too. Maybe she wasn't sure how he would react and wanted to get the details out? But I love her, too, and hope she guests in other episodes.

1 hour ago, betsyboo said:

Callen had a past

I want to hear that clown, KGB, and cheetah story! XD

• Love 1
14 hours ago, 123BP said:

I want to hear that clown, KGB, and cheetah story! XD

And I would totally take that guy out to dinner to get that story.

Interesting that this was one of their two "extra" episodes--they clearly actually planned this one out in advance, unlike in the past where their extra episodes have been painfully generic with no advancement of plot to ensure they could be put in anywhere. I must say, I like this approach much better. 

So is the job Anna is trying to get one that would take her out of LA? I thought I remembered a scene last season where she and Callen discussed where in LA she might live if she got the job, but maybe that was a different job, or I'm mis-remembering. At any rate, they seem to be setting up her possible departure as a future storyline. 

I really enjoyed the interrogation scenes with "Lucilla"--her approach was something new, which is hard to do nine seasons in. I appreciated Kensi's inference that she maybe wanted to get caught out of frustration with her role, because otherwise her slip would have been very amateur for a clearly polished con. 

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

And I would totally take that guy out to dinner to get that story.

Interesting that this was one of their two "extra" episodes--they clearly actually planned this one out in advance, unlike in the past where their extra episodes have been painfully generic with no advancement of plot to ensure they could be put in anywhere. I must say, I like this approach much better. 

So is the job Anna is trying to get one that would take her out of LA? I thought I remembered a scene last season where she and Callen discussed where in LA she might live if she got the job, but maybe that was a different job, or I'm mis-remembering. At any rate, they seem to be setting up her possible departure as a future storyline. 

I really enjoyed the interrogation scenes with "Lucilla"--her approach was something new, which is hard to do nine seasons in. I appreciated Kensi's inference that she maybe wanted to get caught out of frustration with her role, because otherwise her slip would have been very amateur for a clearly polished con. 

Agree. They seemed to have considered where to place this episode in the season's developing stories. Last season, Callen mentioned that the ATF office is in Glendale, so Anna could be stationed in LA (I hope cuz I like her scenes with Callen). The interrogation was good; it's good when the suspect is clever--it makes the agents work harder.

Decent episode. I didn't really care about the crime although it was nice to see a direct involvement with the Navy this time.

I'm curious as to what's going to happen with Mosley's plan to break up the team. H2 clearly seems to think that plan now needs to change, as she's seen them in action and breaking them up would be a mistake. But at the same time I do agre with Mosley about maybe not resorting to 'shoot-em up' quite so often and that killing all the bad guys can make follow-up *much* more difficult. I think it would have been more effective though if she'd approached the conversation from a 'let's see what can be done to change this and why I think that needs to happen' perspective. And she needs to acknowledge that when The Team is being actively shot at, they are going to shoot back. 

• Love 1
41 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

And she needs to acknowledge that when The Team is being actively shot at, they are going to shoot back. 

Granted, but when she arrived, the team already had a reputation for excessive lethal force--and here they go again, killing  the suspects before being able to question any of them. Again, we don't know what Mosley's orders are or what kind of pressure she's getting from her bosses in DC. That could be adding to her stress (also, she might have been transferred to LA and not be very happy about it). Yes, she's a professional, but that doesn't mean she doesn't feel stress and as the new boss, she may not want to look weak or anxious. Just guessing. I liked the episode (but hated Deeks' choice for a name--Princess Sunshine?) and really liked the ending--it seems natural for Sam to move to a boat because he loves the ocean. Maybe they'll be working on it in future episodes. (Also liked Callen's reference to Instagram--Anna's influence, I bet)

I don't begrudge Sam moving to the boat, but while I understand he might want to travel light, his one bag is a bit extreme. 

Eric:  ALL HANDS ON DECK! We caught a case!

Sam:  Sorry guys...I'm doing laundry.  I only had three days of socks and underwear in my little duffel...

• Love 3

I’m just not liking Mosley. I think I could like Harley if she just tried to be nice. Mosley has a bug up her ***. She hates Hettys alcove while acknowledging that Hetty had it this way for easy access to her team and vice-versa. She hates the building because it’s old.  She won’t throw a basketball  in a dressy outfit but she played basketball in college. She plans on breaking up the team( and that’s her plan, not Washington. according to Harley. Furthermore, she hates Deeks for some reason. Who does that? 

Edited by mythoughtis

I was supremely irritated by her inability to answer Deeks legitimate question about whether or not he has a job. That's not something you fool around with. I was also pretty impressed that Deeks acknowledged that having kids meant he was leaving the job, not Kensi.

• Love 4

She hates Hettys alcove while acknowledging that Hetty had it this way for easy access to her team and vice-versa. She hates the building because it’s old.  She won’t throw a basketball  in a dressy outfit but she played basketball in college. She plans on breaking up the team( and that’s her plan, not Washington. according to Harley. Furthermore, she hates Deeks for some reason. Who does that?

That's standard procedure for EVERY new boss on any established police procedural.  TPTB just love to "shake things up" by adding these shitty by the book bosses, but I don't understand why.  Everyone watching this show knows full well that every cast member, and that includes Deeks, has signed for the full season of episodes, and no matter how hard the new wolf tries to huff and puff to blow the house down--after a few episodes everything will be back to normal.  Now, when they introduce the new boss at the END of a season, especially when old contracts are expiring for the actors, THAT is when some real shakeups might happen.

• Love 1

I'm hoping that Mosley will be like Granger and mellow, in the sense that the writers will shift from writing her as a big fat meanie face to a normal human being who's more by the book, in due course. As I wait, my eyes get stuck in my head from rolling them too hard. Like every other new boss, she has some good points about the team's death count and why is Deeks still here but of course she's just a big bad boss trying to break up our team sob sob great fake suspense about what will happen!

I was expecting something more from the redhead and the guy with the bullet wounds in the arm, from the looks that Callen and Sam exchanged.

No Hetty this time? Other than lots of mentions? Keep the first, reduce the second, and I'm good.

• Love 2

I'm on board with the whole "let's try not to kill everyone" angle and think it's interesting, but this seemed like the wrong episode in which to criticize the team for it. Not only were they being shot at, they were being SUPER shot at, to the point where it takes suspension of disbelief to go with the notion that Kensi and Deeks were not hit even once. There were multiple shooters advancing toward them with heavier firepower than what they  were using, and they had previously noted that at least one of the motorcycle dudes was a professional. Same with the shooter Callen took down--he was clearly using something that shot more rounds per minute than what Sam and Callen were using. Trying to incapacitate rather than kill in those specific situations seems dangerously unrealistic. 

I liked the episode (but hated Deeks' choice for a name--Princess Sunshine?) 

Oh, Deeks. God forbid anyone ever let him actually name a child. Princess and sunshine are both references to Kensi and their relationship (princess from their undercover mission to the jewelry store many seasons ago, sunshine to how he thinks she smells like sunshine and gunpowder), so that was a Densi fans shout-out guised as an inside joke.

I'm going to head-canon that Sam made sure his kids had anything they wanted of Michelle's before he got rid of everything.

• Love 2
On 10/16/2017 at 5:06 PM, mythoughtis said:

She hates Hettys alcove while acknowledging that Hetty had it this way for easy access to her team and vice-versa. She hates the building because it’s old.  She won’t throw a basketball  in a dressy outfit but she played basketball in college. She plans on breaking up the team( and that’s her plan, not Washington. according to Harley. Furthermore, she hates Deeks for some reason.

Mosley isn't Hetty and she doesn't have the same job. We don't know what kind of work environment Mosley's used to, and as the boss she should do what's comfortable for her and adjust things to her liking, as much as possible--not adjust to someone else's idea of an office. And why would she play basketball when she's dressed for work? Deeks was dressed for sports; she wasn't. And how do we know that breaking up the team isn't Washington's plan? This team has had a LOT of problems recently, so it's not inconceivable that Mosley's bosses have plans in place for the team. Does she hate Deeks? Not necessarily, but let's be honest--he's NOT an NCIS agent and he looked like a slob (not the best way to impress a new boss), but she did NOT keep him from partnering with Kensi even though she knows they're engaged. She doesn't laugh at his jokes or seem to find him particularly charming, but that doesn't mean she hates him. Perhaps she just finds him annoying at this point. lol

22 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

Princess and sunshine

Yea, I got that but LOVED Kensi's reaction and her suggestion. Also the reminder that not all girls like pink. lol

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Jillibean said:

I'm going to head-canon that Sam made sure his kids had anything they wanted of Michelle's before he got rid of everything.

That's just regular canon. Sam explicitly stated that the kids took what they wanted.

• Love 4

I'm already tired of the "Sam working out his grief by restoring the boat he's pathetically living on with his sackcloth and ashes" subplot.   But I do like that Callen keeps tweaking him about it.

It looks like they're developing an interesting and mysterious backstory for Mosley.  That scene at the shooting party, especially with Harley there as a party employee, and Sam and Callen's surprise at everything that came up was really good.  I miss Hetty, but I'm kind of digging the Mosley and Harley characters.  They are also gorgeous women who also happen to be tough as nails who are capable of surprising our core six.  So far, I'm digging it!

45 minutes ago, HurricaneVal said:

I'm already tired of the "Sam working out his grief by restoring the boat he's pathetically living on with his sackcloth and ashes" subplot.   But I do like that Callen keeps tweaking him about it.

I like the way the writers are handling Sam's grief and don't think there's anything "sackcloth and ashes" about it. To me, it fits his character: the guy likes to work with his hands, that's how he de-stresses (building cabinets, restoring Jennifer), so working on something the size of this boat will help him. Just because he seems good on certain days and can function doesn't mean he IS good. Grief is a funny thing: you can go along perfectly normal and then something happens and you completely lose it. And I like Callen's comments. I'm beginning to "like" Mosley more--I think she's a good foil for the team, especially Callen--and there's more to her than we know. As for Harley, I never disliked her and am glad to see her get a little more involved. I liked this episode. It had some good partner scenes and was a good, tight story. Loved the twist at the end.

• Love 1