Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: NCIS: Los Angeles

MostlyC
  • Start Topic

I thought this episode was depressing at the end. Mosley missing her son. Callen leaving at the end--alone--with no one wishing him Happy Holidays (and Sam is getting to seem full of self-pity). And then Finn tells Callen that's he's still one of the kids from the shelter--passed over. Is that supposed to be uplifting and cheery? No mention of Hetty or Granger, no toast to "remembered friends"? I liked Nell, but the fact that she only mentioned Hetty is passing was weird, and I would like to have seen more of Eric and less of Hidoko (Isn't Eric the "regular" cast member and Hidoko a "recurring guest"?). IDK, it just didn't seem to have much holiday spirit.

Edited by 123BP
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, enoughcats said:

You like a shirt this year and vow to buy three of them the next year.  Give up in advance.

Loved this comment! For me, it's shoes. OMG, I find the most comfortable shoes, wear them out, and then can't EVER find them again.

• Love 1

I dunno, aside from her 6” heels I kinda like  Mosley. Yeah she’s an unknown but I thought the show was getting stale and As much as I like Linda Hunt, I’ve grown weary of Hetty. The show needed to be shaken up a bit and I think the new characters help. I’m not completely sold in either (and can’t help wonder if Hidoko is going to be a new love interest for Sam) but I don’t mind them. It’s nice to see self-confident women who can kick ass with the best of the guys.

• Love 2
On Sunday, December 17, 2017 at 8:52 PM, 123BP said:

it seems like Callen is more alone than Sam. Is this intentional? I wish I could figure this season out.

Edited by Bobbin
Me, too. Lots of loose ends. What became of Callen's sister?
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

We need more Anna, Callen fits so well with her.

Agree. It seems weird that we've seen more of Guy--the man who's sleeping with Roberta (who isn't a regular)--than Anna, Callen's girlfriend. I mean, I don't care WHO Roberta sleeps with.

14 hours ago, Bobbin said:

What became of Callen's sister?

What became of his dad? Maybe they can't hire the actors for an episode, but why doesn't he even talk about them? The only time he has (I think) was in Fool Me Twice when he told Joelle he had his own family to look after.

• Love 2

Anybody else think Sam is coming across as condescending and rude? I don't know if that's intentional, but I am beginning to not feel sorry for him. In fact, I'm beginning to not like him very much.

• Love 1

Sam does seem to be a bit cynical on things. Sure loosing Michelle is a big shock, but he is heading the wrong way. He and G do seem to be going the wrong direction as buddy/ associates. I do think there might at times be sparks between Mosley and Sam. The other girl that liked Sam, and he passed on her, I liked her.

I was surprised we didn't see Hetty. Nell did mention her and Granger, but not in remembrance, or missing. I liked Hidoko helping Nell with the palm and decorations. But yes with Mosley following the "clues" around, I so knew we would have decorations. Not to the extent of the finished product, but it did look nice. 

Kensi and Deeks in their usual "discussions" about their differences. But usually by the end of the case they make some compromise. Liked Deeks "Immaculate Reception" of Baby Jesus. Did think that they shouldn't have showed it in the commercials for the nights show, but. They even do that stuff when someone is missing and assumed dead. The previews show that they aren't gone. Did also like Kensi's tackle of Edgar Parsons.  I thought at first George Forester(his boss), was in on the black out.

Did like that "Jingles Beals" went on a case with Sam. Sure they used his expertise to try and solve the electrical shut down. Eric and Nell really seem to be the "couple" lately with the least arguments.

I thought Finn and G were going to deliver gifts, right? Thought Finns roomy, Brady was hiding a lot.

Thought the escape was a little lame, but liked that Callen gave Jose Fuentes, 30 minutes with his son.

Liked Deeks as Bad Santa, lol.

• Love 1

An Instagram post showed the script for an episode (14, I think) that includes Callen's sister and nephew. After rescuing Hetty, I'm interested to learn more about Callen and his "new" family (who we never hear about or see) and less about Roberta and Guy and their bedroom antics. lol I hope it will be a good episode; i.e., an episode where we learn something new about Callen and not just things about his sister and nephew. That's what happened with "Fool Me Twice": we learned a lot (more than I cared to know) about Joelle--who also had most of the dialogue--but nothing new about Callen. Why do the writers focus so much on minor characters? That seems like a mistake, to me.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, MrWhyt said:

I don't go to the NCIS shows for good writing, but boy was this one clunky. Especially all the bullying talk.

Also it was another preposterous scheme foiled by the intrepid four. That last minute well plugging was ridiculous. And once again their adventures end at five o'clock, just in time to go home for dinner. 

• Love 2

While I agree with the above comments, there were some nice connections between the team.  It was odd Deeks was there at the beginning and end, but I loved the chemistry Hidoko and Kensi had working together, even though Hidoko told Mosely everything before Kensi could.  Eric and his drone commentary was classic Eric, and I got a giggle from the HR comment from Mosely.  It was good to see a lot more of Nell this week, and Sam and Callan seemed to have good banter too.  While the premise of the episode was dodgy, the cast had great chemistry as a whole and Mosely seems to be finding her groove with the team more, to me it seems Hidoko is already there.  Bring on saving Hetty next week though! It would have been nice to have some hint about that this week however.  

• Love 3

Wow, that was one convoluting plot. Despite all the ridiculousness of it I kinda enjoyed Hidoko and Kensi's creative thinking at the end. Oh and Beale: stop the millennial idiocy, tons of information are still not available on-line since plenty of institutions don't have a military budget that allows them to get all the latest gadgets plus enough funding to hire some poor soul to digitize miles and miles of microfiche. Makes me kinda wish for a whole episode where Beale has to work with nothing but a card catalogue some candles and a mechanical typewriter.

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, MissLucas said:

one convoluting plot......... all the ridiculousness

Yep.  

Did they ever figure out how the explosives got off base?  Or how the youngsters knew to look for the explosives in a location that was not in their 'world'?  IF not NCIS failed in their mission.  

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, enoughcats said:

Did they ever figure out how the explosives got off base? 

I don't think the explosives got off base; I think the kid made his own napalm (all the material Kensi and Hidoko found in the closet). My questions: Why buy so much material if you're only filling a small toy rocket, or if you've already "delivered" napalm throughout the neighborhood, isn't that where the LAFD should be searching? Why is LAFD doing a methane sweep? Wouldn't you want to capture at least one of the terrorists alive so they could tell you where they've put the napalm? And, seriously, no one noticed the HUGE concrete truck when they pulled in to stop the bad guys? It would have been better if the agents had taken a minute to assess the situation, come up with a plan, and then breach. Maybe it's just me, but everything seems to be moving in slow motion this season, there doesn't seem to be any urgency. I mean, part of LA may go up in a fireball in less than an hour, and everyone seems very relaxed. There was no tension IMO.

1 hour ago, MissLucas said:

Makes me kinda wish for a whole episode where Beale has to work with nothing but a card catalogue some candles and a mechanical typewriter.

Reminds me of the episode in NCIS when the power went out. That was fun. :)

5 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

I got a giggle from the HR comment from Mosely.

I liked that, too - and she was right to make it.

• Love 2

Harley had NO time to be filling Moseley in about the solar panels and the coffee shop. They learned about them literally 5 seconds  before in the same scene where Moseley called them. They walked outside while on that phone call. Yet somehow Moseley knew. That would only be possible if she was somehow eavesdropping on the conversation.

i didn’t like this episode at all.  Is Linda Hunt ever coming back? If not- then give Hetty a retirement party. Dont just send her to a make shift prison in Vietnam and abandon her.  Quit shortchanging Nell, Eric and Deeks. 

I did like Sam calling his daughter at the end. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 4

Either Olsen is getting written out of the show because the Hidoko character is soooo politically correct that they can't get rid of her and he's thus superfluous, or he's gotten a new gig somewhere and he's just doing a couple of bookends to ween the show off him.

AS to Linda Hunt, shes getting old and I think that she did the vietnam stuff in a few days last fall.....

• Love 1

Clunky aside, I *did think the girl playing the bullied was realistic. I agree, @mythoughtis about Sam calling his daughter. Equally, I liked that they didn't have Callen call Finn and check in. Not the same relationship.

And, am I the only one wondering if Callen and Mama Firefighter are going to become friends??

Deeks was very superfluous as you all pointed out - the stupid riddle only made it more obvious. Altho, I am surprised Sam googled and didn't try to figure it out on his own.

"microfiche" made me laugh. I'm an easy target.

The plot itself confused me, but I admit to not really paying attention. I will never understand activists (of any sort) that destroy the very thing they are trying to save in order to save it!

I like Harley. But I admit I don't know if that is her first name or her last name....

• Love 1
7 hours ago, betsyboo said:

And, am I the only one wondering if Callen and Mama Firefighter are going to become friends?

Callen has a girlfriend, so if you mean friends as in a romantic way, no. Why would anyone think that?

On 1/9/2018 at 9:02 PM, mythoughtis said:

Yet somehow Moseley knew.

Weren't they on their coms?

7 hours ago, betsyboo said:

I like Harley. But I admit I don't know if that is her first name or her last name

It's her first name; Hidoko is her last name.

12 hours ago, Notwisconsin said:

Either Olsen is getting written out of the show because the Hidoko character is soooo politically correct that they can't get rid of her and he's thus superfluous, or he's gotten a new gig somewhere and he's just doing a couple of bookends to ween the show off him.

I wouldn't think Hidoko's character has anything to do with Deeks. ECO has taken a ton of vacation days, so maybe you're right--maybe he has another gig lined up.

• Love 1

If you tape episodes to watch later, Sun, Jan 14, eastern time will probably be a lot later as a basketball game has run into the local and national news hour and sports will reset the evenings programming.  (Except this time it isn't football.) 

• Love 1

Yeah Mosely sucks. I don't like game playing for the sake of game playing.

Is Renee pregnant? There's something about her face and the way they've been dressing her that makes me think she is.

Hetty will be Hetty to the end. And hopefully that's a long time from now. 

And I absolutely believe she has a cyanide tooth.

• Love 1

Good enough for a multipart episode.  But not to get a picture of name of the "young man" of interest?  

And the one thing I hate about timeless episodes of anything.  Gosh, gee whiz, it just happens that something is happening at place A and things related to it are happening at place B at essentially the same time.  When weeks or months could be separating the goings on, and the end result would be decayed bodies found.  

But I'll keep watching because I care about most of these guys.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, enoughcats said:

And the one thing I hate about timeless episodes of anything.  Gosh, gee whiz, it just happens that something is happening at place A and things related to it are happening at place B at essentially the same time.  When weeks or months could be separating the goings on, and the end result would be decayed bodies found.  

I think it's amazing that anywhere in SoCal is never more than minutes away, at any time, day or night. And anywhere on earth is apparently only an hour away from Longbeach, whether Kabul or a remote Afghan mountain village. Whoosh!

• Love 3

Loved this episode and especially the writing. Loved Callen: calm but definitely on a mission so get out of his way and SO sassy ("Screw jobs," "And your mother," "I didn't say I was apologizing."). Now that's the Callen I remember from earlier seasons. And so glad there were no silly Deeks antics. Linda did a remarkable job, and the scene between Nell and Kensi in the armory was sweet. Can't wait for the conclusion but sucks that it's weeks away.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, Bobbin said:

I think it's amazing that anywhere in SoCal is never more than minutes away, at any time, day or night. And anywhere on earth is apparently only an hour away from Longbeach, whether Kabul or a remote Afghan mountain village. Whoosh!

He! After watching 5 seasons of Supernatural I was convinced that the US are the size of my home country that you can drive through in about 3 hours - either that or that Impalas come with a space warping device!

Mosley's cool new office space sure does not allow for a lot of privacy. I'm a bit disappointed with the meerkats, they both should have realized earlier that Hetty's gifts are never random and it's hard to accept that they never had heard of what3words before (neither have I but I don't claim any nerd credits).

Edited by MissLucas
  • Love 2
On 1/15/2018 at 4:18 PM, HurricaneVal said:

Hidoko is awesome.

Loved Linda Hunt's maniacal laughter after she bit that guy's ear off and spit it out.

Um. Yeah. That was both gross AND disturbing. 

• Love 4

Don't think this is a spoiler because it's on a website: according to TV Line, there will be ANOTHER new female recurring character when the show returns March 11 named Cassie who was  Green Beret. Anybody else think the men are the show are becoming an endangered species? With the return of Hetty, that will be 6 women - 4 men (and if "recurring" means the same for Cassie as Hidoko, that means every week).

• Love 2

I wish they had been able to make Anna a recurring character.  It was so nice seeing Callen happy. I am guessing Bar Paly is busy :/  Such a shame, she has chemistry with every character (old ones anyway) and it means we occasionally even get to see Arkady and I like him, even if he does bring goofiness to the show.  It usually means we find out a bit more about Callen.  

• Love 4
On 1/26/2018 at 4:49 PM, LittlePeas3 said:

I wish they had been able to make Anna a recurring character. 

I so agree! Anna brought an extra dimension to Callen--and a lightness to his character that is different from his other relationships. Besides, I would LOVE to see a scene between Arkady and Callen about Anna and a scene with all three of them (that would be more interesting than seeing Roberta and Guy, IMO).

• Love 2

I to was surprised that Nell and Eric didn't think about the gifts that Hetty had given them. I would think after her being gone for awhile they would have started thinking more about things. It took a dream from Eric to start that process. But Eric's dream of Hetty, him, Charles Nelson Riley and Grimace in the hot tub was funny disturbing, lol. Another of Hetty's missions, lol.

Hetty did play well the nutty prisoner who pretended to be out of it.

The tiger being let loose in the cell reminded me of "Wild Wild West". Outlandish ideas. I waited for the screen shot of Hetty's face to be saved when we went for commercial. The actor who plays Harris Keane , does a good job. He used to back when he was the "bad guy of the week" on shows I watched, reminded me of Aerosmith's Steven Tyler. Was surprised when Spenser Allen shot him. But he was trying to make Hetty talk.

I thought it was cute when Eric called the bar and was trying to talk to A.J. Chegwidden and Charles Langston. Nice even though Admiral Sterling wasn't in camera sight, they acted like he was near. Maybe outside watching the street? Then ofcourse Deeks and Eric try to talk to them.

Liked the Nell and Kensi talk. Also liked the thoughts of Granger and Hetty having Mai tais somewhere.

2 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Last episode I saw Hettie was still trapped behind bars.  With the funky times that this show starts on Sunday nights, have I missed an episode, or is she still behind bars?

When the most recent episode ended, Hetty had just bitten off the ear of the man questioning her.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Notwisconsin said:

Which would be interesting, as there are NO female Green Berets, although there are controversial attempts.

You would have thought they would have kept it a little more real by making her one of the first female Ranger School or USMC School Of the Infantry graduates but no the elite bias strikes again. Perhaps they will back down and have her be assigned to a Special Forces Group but not an actual graduated Special Forces trooper who was assigned to an operational detachment. Much like that soldier,  Sergeant La David Johnson, who back in October was killed in Niger while driving for a Special Forces team.

• Love 1
On 2/11/2018 at 10:29 PM, Raja said:

You would have thought they would have kept it a little more real by making her one of the first female Ranger School or USMC School Of the Infantry graduates but no the elite bias strikes again

At least one woman actually began the training at Fort Bragg to become a Green Beret--training that was open to women at the time (I don't know if it still is under this administration)--and passed the first half of the course, in 2016 I believe, so having a woman character be a Green Beret isn't such a fictional leap.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, 123BP said:

At least one woman actually began the training at Fort Bragg to become a Green Beret--training that was open to women at the time (I don't know if it still is under this administration)--and passed the first half of the course, in 2016 I believe, so having a woman character be a Green Beret isn't such a fictional leap.

It is more than just going through the training for the show she would have to first go through training, then deploy for a combat tour. Take that experience and immediately ditch the Army. Go to FLETC and then show up in a NCIS office.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Raja said:

It is more than just going through the training for the show she would have to first go through training, then deploy for a combat tour.

Well, she's a fictional character in a fictional show. For some viewers, she's no more unbelievable than some of the other characters, like Hetty (and even Deeks as an LAPD detective). I'll wait and see how she's portrayed; I hope she will be more realistic than the blonde "super spy" on McGyver.

• Love 1

Loved tonight's episode! The team in Vietnam, the team in OPS, the "old guys," Nell's sister, Rio (an unexpected treat), and even Mosley, but most of all loved the scenes between Callen and Hetty, especially the scene in the helicopter. So sweet.

• Love 5

Oh thank God they found her and are taking her home.  She is so going to have to get back to work now and save Mosely's butt.  Mosely went above and beyond in the end, which I thought was pretty cool. At least it shows how much she respects Hetty.  I agree with @123BP, the helicopter scene was very touching.  Rio was hilarious this time, just as much as last time.  

• Love 4