Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: NCIS: New Orleans

• Start Topic

Lets see if this lets me reply:  Amelia was a baddie but she wasn't the one that had Pride chasing everywhere.  And I cracked up when somebody up-thread called the bad guy "the new Moriarty" because that's what I was thinking when they had the red sniper lights on Pride!  This episode was such a shit show - this story has been done and done and done.  And P.C. folks forgive me, but I think  that blond Angel of Death actress has got to be sleeping with SOMEBODY because that's the one way I can fathom that she is on this show.  Either that or she has somebody held hostage someplace.  

And Cassius - well we hardly knew ye... 

• Love 2

My DVR picked up the rerun from last season since there was a last minute schedule change. What's weird though is that the description and name listed for the recording are for that episode too. New episode next week apparently since things were pushed back. This is the description for what is next week's episode.

S5 EP11: Vindicta

Spoiler

Pride and the NCIS team hope to take down a secret and lethal group of former intelligence agents and avenge the death of someone close to them.

From the FBI thread:  

Found this:

"At 9 PM ET CBS will pre-empt its scheduled midseason premiere of FBI with CBS News Special Report: President Trump Address to the Nation and Democratic Response. Programming will resume with a repeat episode of The Neighborhood at 9:30 PM ET. On the West Coast, NCIS will air from 8-9 PM, followed by back-to-back repeat episodes of The Neighborhood at 9 and 9:30 PM in place of FBI, and a repeat episode of NCIS: New Orleans from 10-11 PM. The previously announced original episodes of FBI and NCIS: New Orleans will air Tuesday, Jan. 15.

Just when we thought it was safe, the dumb blonde harbinger of death is back again. Really, who's idiot idea was she. The character is just annoying and has been from the beginning of the season.

Edited by Linderhill
  • Love 3

Agreed.  The actress is awful and the character is annoying. 

How did that guy run a super secret organization for so many years and be that dumb?   He was only found out because he planted such a blatantly fake clue in a way that only he could have.  They were close to discovering him until he enacted his Wile E. Coyote endgame plan.   And why did he have such a hard on for Pride that he had to commit suicide in front of him?

Best part of the episode?  Chris getting his shake on during the parade. Dude was way into it. 

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 3

I like the idea of Sebastian and Tammy moving in together.  I am not anticipating any romantic shenanigans between the two of them.

Otherwise, the episode was okay.  I don't know how Michelle survived that gunshot to the abdomen.

16 minutes ago, Trey said:

I like the idea of Sebastian and Tammy moving in together.  I am not anticipating any romantic shenanigans between the two of them.

Otherwise, the episode was okay.  I don't know how Michelle survived that gunshot to the abdomen.

Isn't she gay?  I could have sworn it was in an episode

• Love 2

I believe that Tammy is bi. She was married. It was an okay episode. I actually didn't mind Sebastian that much this episode. At least he didn't come across and the Most Incompetent Agent Ever when not doing lab work.

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Being gay make you bullet proof?

I meant I thought Tammy was gay.  I vaguely remember her getting hit on and she responded that she's gay.  Therefore hopefully there will not be romantic shenanigans 

2 hours ago, Aliconehead said:

Isn't she gay?  I could have sworn it was in an episode

Yes, she is gay.  It's been part of the storyline in several episodes.  That's why I'm not expecting any romantic shenanigans with Sebastian. I think their living arrangement will make for some fun moments.

• Love 2

I have to say I really enjoyed seeing Gregorio as a Stepford Navy wife in her pale pink twinset and suburban soccer mom subdued personality.  Her muttered sarcastic asides killed me.  Her surprise that the after party was target shooting was priceless!

(Though I was uncomfortable with the amount of garbage those women were introducing into the swamp as they merrily blew the glass bottles to smithereens.)

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Trey said:

Yes, she is gay.  It's been part of the storyline in several episodes.  That's why I'm not expecting any romantic shenanigans with Sebastian. I think their living arrangement will make for some fun moments.

She's bisexual, not gay.

This has been alluded to for a while now, but it's still something to see it stated so explicitly. I really, really hate that they did this.

Jeffrey Lieber, the original showrunner and executive producer of NCIS: New Orleans, shared a similar story from his time running the show. He told Vulture that in 2014 and 2015, he was put under a “great deal of pressure to get onboard with the firing” of Zoe McLellan, who played Meredith Brody in the first two seasons of the CBS drama.

At first, Lieber didn’t understand where the pressure to get rid of McLellan was coming from and why it was so unrelenting. “I pushed back,” Lieber said. “I thought she was doing a good job and that the audience was connected to her, especially because testing bore that out. Every time the show was tested, Zoe got the same or better scores as the other second lead on the show. So why so much focus on just Zoe? It didn’t make sense to me.”

In Lieber’s view, any potential issue with McLellan had to do with her character, who hadn’t been filled out as vividly as she could have been.

“I set about to deepen her character,” Lieber recalls. “We did a couple episodes setting up a backstory, a mistake the character made that was haunting her. Zoe did a good job in the episodes, which were well-received, but the pressure kept coming. Finally, one powerful man putting pressure on me just admitted to me that the problem was that Les didn’t find her ‘fuckable’ enough, and that he had felt that way from day one.” (Attempts made to reach McLellan through her representatives were unsuccessful.)

After Lieber departed over creative differences and Kern arrived at NCIS: New Orleans midway through the show’s second season, Kern said disparaging things about McLellan, according to four sources who heard these comments. At one point, he told staffers that he did not find her sexually attractive. “‘Why would [viewers] care? Why would they watch?’ That was his gauge of whether an actress was good,” a former NCIS: New Orleans employee recalled.

In 2017, according to one source, Kern shared with a group of employees what drove the departure of McLellan. At the time, the explanation the media was given was that the decision to write off her character was a creative one, but some NCIS: New Orleans employees recall being told a different story.

“I recall Brad Kern telling [employees] how they fired McLellan because she couldn’t move well (i.e., not athletic at all), and Les didn’t think she was fuckable,” according to a former employee of NCIS: New Orleans.

• Love 2

Wow.  Just wow.  Just when you think Les and his cronies couldn't be more sleezy, this sort of stuff comes out.   I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but it still amazes me just how slimy Les is.

I knew it sounded weird the way she was let go.  Something about her character had been "compromised".  Well, duh.  She was just reading the lines she was given.  Certainly wasn't her fault.  It just didn't add up.  I felt there had to be more to this story.  But I didn't think it would be *this* bad.

If true, I hope Zoe sues and wins a considerable sum of $$ from CBS.  And for the record, I found her very attractive and a good actress as well.  Which the latter should be the most important trait.

• Love 4

TheOtherOne  picked up and shared the quote that had me seathing.  As a fan of Zoe's character, I liked what was happening.  Then the sloppy go away was even worse than sloppy;  it left too many unanswered questions about responsibilites and chains of command and who was really to blaim.

Maybe the writers did that as a show of their displeasure?

• Love 1

Yay, it's Geordi.  I hope he becomes a recurring interest for Lorretta.   Does anyone know why shes always sitting at crime scenes but up and about in the lab?

It's sad but realistic they had the Lt. die.  If they had pulled out some cure in a couple of hours after experts had been working on this super dino virus for months I would had to have called BS.  

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Maverick said:

Does anyone know why shes always sitting at crime scenes but up and about in the lab?

Is she sitting or squatting at crime scenes?  I just assumed it was to be down near the victim.

We aren't losing Hannah, are we? I would really hate for her to go.  Has anyone heard anything about it?

I would like to have Levar Burton as a recurring character too.

I liked the episode pretty well.  I even enjoyed the roommate bickering between Sebastian and Gregorio.  She is definitely right, doing the lingerie laundry is over the line even though it sounds like he did a great job, folding the undies with tissue paper and all:)

1 hour ago, Tony Dickson said:

Yeah and I would have thought any grown man would know that instinctively.

Remember he was the weird forensics doctor of all sciences who became an agent. On NCIS they all have a slight social dysfunction 

• Love 2

Housewives episode:

Only on NCIS does Pride get shot 4 times in the chest point-blank and live, but random criminal #37587 gets pegged in the side once and dies in 5 seconds.

They made it look like Stepford wife #3 died also, I was a little surprised when it turned out she got through surgery. 

Gregorio: your husband is on a C-130 plane from Dubai.

Mr. DVD: A C-130 from Dubai? Plan on him getting there sometime next month.

(Apparently that's an old, slow plane)

And because I'm sure you wanted to know, he did the math while I was typing this, and it would take 22 continuous hours to fly from Dubai to NOLA, stopping to fuel 3 times. It always looks so much faster on the show...

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, JessDVD said:

Gregorio: your husband is on a C-130 plane from Dubai.

Mr. DVD: A C-130 from Dubai? Plan on him getting there sometime next month.

(Apparently that's an old, slow plane)

And because I'm sure you wanted to know, he did the math while I was typing this, and it would take 22 continuous hours to fly from Dubai to NOLA, stopping to fuel 3 times. It always looks so much faster on the show...

1950's era medium propeller driven tactical transport. For most air forces besides the U.S and Russia it is their largest transport. It would need to refuel, some models, mostly with special forces and combat search and rescue  can be aerial refueld

Guest Starring Geordi episode:

LeVar Burton's character asking out Loretta was telegraphed from a mile and a half away but fortunately by the time he actually did it, I didn't find it as irritating as I would have 15 minutes prior.

A scene with the dorky lab rat turned agent not knowing about regular social conventions like not washing a lady's underwear for her? This is literally unprecedented TV! You sneaky trailblazers, you! /sarcasm out. 

That said, I find Gregorio less annoying when she and Sebastian are doing their back-and-forth thing. I did find myself wondering if we're leading up to some sort of will they-won't they arc with the two of them.

I was pretty sure Grassley was the eventual perp because of the H!IKTG, and then questioned if I actually did know that guy when I found the actor's name, but a quick scan of his (Raphael Sbarge) bio shows that it was probably his character on Once Upon a Time (I watched season one and the first couple of season two).

• Love 1

Was that one of Kirk Douglas's grandsons playing the guy Hannah was talking to at the bar? If not, he sure resembles the Douglas acting family.

According to imdb.com, his name is Rob Benedict (if I'm looking at the right person--there is only a partial guest cast listed so far for this episode), but he certainly looks like a Douglas. 

On 2/26/2019 at 10:23 PM, HurricaneVal said:

Wait...isn't she dead?  Or did Agent Lee go into WitSec as a seawall engineer?  I'm pretty sure that is the same actress.  Isn't it?

JAG/NCIS is like Law & Order when it comes to protecting a franchise continuity. But then with four series and a failed pilot they have a lot of time to fill and actors, even those who did not have a major reoccurring role start becoming harder to find.

(edited)

Agent Khoury's conversation with Pride in the Fed's office about the Tower of Babel says it all about the episode "Crab Mentality". The cast mumbled the lines for the first third of the show, and the plot wasn't all that  lucid.  Much of this episode was unintelligible to me.

Edited by Welcome5431

Hannah's Tortured Past's Resolution ep:

Sebastian: I can't believe I made that shot from this far! / Gregorio: That was me - was probably the best line of the ep.

Hannah: (fries Mr. Bad Guy with exposed cable thing, nearly expires, allows Pride to take cable thing) / Mr. DVD: That was an exposed ground wire (or something like that, whatever he said, I know is accurate because he knows electricity) so Pride and (rewinds episode) yeah, and Hannah too, are now dead too but good try.

It would help if I'd ever paid attention to anything in the Hannah's Tortured Past leadup episodes, but I had literally no idea who any of those people were, up to and including Hannah's husband (ex? Not sure, other than I said "Oh, just make out, you know you want to!" at the end). I know my American is showing when I say this, but it didn't help that they all seemed to be of the same Vaguely Ethnic section of the appearance factory.

Thanks, Chekhov's mirror that the camera lingered on for longer than 2 seconds, making it clear that it would save Pride moments later, when Vaguely Ethnic #5 actually was a bad guy and not Vaguely Ethnic #6/morally ambiguous who was in the hospital at the end, because I spent those moments trying to figure out which one he was.

And now hopefully we can be done with Hannah's Tortured Past and perhaps she and her husband can reconcile, before his inevitable demise at the hands of whoever replaces Mr. Now Neck Fried Bad Guy.

• Love 2

I was bummed that Rob Benedict's character was killed off.  I would have liked to have seen more of his character. 

Funny thing, I had just been watching an episode of Stargate: Atlantis and I think the same actor played the villain on it too. 

An okay episode but I too hope that Hannah can move on with her life and that the rest of the cast can get a storyline now. 

I didn't like this episode because I'm not a fan of the "bad guys from past foreign missions come to the US to get one of our agents" storylines.   It's the reason I stopped watching NCIS Los Angeles because they did it far too often. 

• Love 1

Can someone please explain what the term "polyon" means? Not sure of the spelling but this word comes up frequently on this show and it's driving me crazy not to know its definition. TIA

1 hour ago, ECM1231 said:

Can someone please explain what the term "polyon" means? Not sure of the spelling but this word comes up frequently on this show and it's driving me crazy not to know its definition. TIA

I can't recall that word. Can you give an example where a character used it.

It's Apollyon, Greek for Angel of Death.   Within the show, it's the name of some super secret evil organization that Pride ran afoul of and now Isler's team is trying to take down.  

• Love 3