Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E01: First Comes Marriage, Then Comes Love

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

OMG I hope AJ doesn't "get emotional" the first time they have sex.  Blech.

They are never having sex. I think hes already relegated to the friend zome

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Empress1 said:

I thought last night that AJ is the Ryan of this season, except AJ seems like a nice guy and Ryan was a dick. AJ is nice but really, really annoying. You can tell Luke doesn't like him (and Jon and Jephte didn't like Ryan), which makes me like Luke more.

Stephanie reminds me of Amber in that she's at an age where she just really, really wants to be married and who she marries doesn't really matter that much (obviously, or else she wouldn't be here). (At first I thought "Ouch, they called her desperate?" and then she said herself she was desperate.) I get it. I was reading a Twitter thread the other day where the person said that one thing getting married later in life (not sure how old she is) made her notice is how much shit she was left out of before she was married. Now that she's part of a couple, people just invite her to way more things - not just because she has his stuff to deal with too, but people she's known for ages that dropped her when she was single and they weren't suddenly decided she was worth talking to again once she got married. I've noticed this too, as a single woman. I know I said this last season, but I don't blame women who just really want to be married because society teaches them that they have to be, otherwise they're incomplete or not real adults. That kind of brainwashing is hard to undo. I think Stephanie will try to force it out of fear of having to start over, but I wouldn't blame her at all if she called it quits right away.

I thought it was very nice and classy of one of the mothers-in-law to introduce herself to the other family.

"Queen" Kristine with no edges, janky lashes, and a dry weave (thank God she either swapped it out or moisturized it for the wedding) is going to hate her husband and I bet she says some slick shit about his grandmother. That was a producer match.

I want more information on Kate's parents' divorce. The fact that she hasn't spoken to her father since makes me wonder if he had an affair that was the reason for the split.

There is so much Philly on this show. The accents, the row homes ...

Ha - great minds, @bichonblitz!

Keith said he wanted real hair in one of his talking head videos but I’m not sure if he told that to the experts. He won’t be pleased when it is time for the Queen to get hers redone. Looks like she isn’t always on top of that since it looked like straw in the first episode.

Did they show Kate/Luke’s and Kristine/Keith’s weddings last night? My DVR didn’t pick it up.

Edited by scruffy73
Wanted to add a question
  • Love 6
4 hours ago, STRIDER1 said:

I find it absolutely hilarious in the beginning when pastor cal emphatically states that here at MAFS " we already know that it works ! ". Then proceed to waste time by showing the couples that are still together, yet intentionally avoiding to mention the fact that the other 16 failed marriages ended in total train wrecks. So yeah, 5 out of 21 is a 76.2% failure rate.

Ha, I'd say it is more like 3 out of 21 with

-Courtney/Jason delaying the divorce (if you look at Instagram)

- Shawn/Jept together because of the baby but they are still "married"

Cleary, these "experts" don't know what works!!

• Love 9
17 hours ago, PityFree said:

Nothing like sending all of the grooms to the same strip mall tux shop to get fitted by teenagers in concert T-shirts.

They were at Iacobucci’s in Havertown!  They’ve been there for over 60 years, so they’re far from a crappy strip mall shop (no idea about the staff...perhaps the new generation of Iacobuccis?).  A friend of mine rented the apartment over the store back in our younger days.  

• Love 4
4 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

They are never having sex. I think hes already relegated to the friend zome

As annoying as AJ is I think they will still have sex, early on.  And I agree with the person that said he will cry haha. Stephanie is getting older and was desperate to get married before her younger sister, which is stupid, so she'll try anything to make the marriage work.

I dated a girl once that threw a fit when her younger sister became pregnant before she did..  Is sibling rivalry for having kids / getting married a common thing among sisters?

• Love 3
(edited)

Really would like to meet the women that AJ dated in the past...who could put with that BIG personality...all the time?

None of AJ's groomsmen think that this sham marriage be remotely successful....especially the one at the end of the row....

Stephanie...don't put on "your wanting desperately to be married" goggles ...see AJ as a nice man who you will be divorcing soon enough.....

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 9
16 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

What was with AJ’s family and friends wanting Stephanie to know he will never let her leave home with a hair out of place? Sounds kind of creepy unless he is a hair stylist on the side.

This is all kinds of wrong, but it doesn't sound creepy to me....it sounds uber controlling.  I cannot for the life of me figure out why family and friends would be so emphatic about having this particular piece of information get to be one of the few included at the wedding, where the bride will be forming her first impressions of the groom.  I even checked with my husband, to be sure I wasn't somehow misunderstanding what that phrase was implying, and he saw it the same way I did.  I'm even more confused, because AJ comes off as a happy-go-lucky person, which is entirely at odds with that sentiment.

15 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Like Kate. Like Luke.

But Luke's mom needed a supportive bra in that blue dress.

7 hours ago, Empress1 said:

I want more information on Kate's parents' divorce. The fact that she hasn't spoken to her father since makes me wonder if he had an affair that was the reason for the split.

Yes, very odd.  Many people's parents get divorced, but not many people who are adults when their parents get divorced, just stop seeing one of the parents entirely. 

6 hours ago, STRIDER1 said:

Also thought it was kinda lame to have joint bachelor and bachelorette parties for all the 4 guys and gals. I guess the shows stripper budget must be getting super low this season, so this is the best way to save $$$ by combining everyone together lmao

That was so bizarre.  I think the brides-to-be got cheated, because it's kind of fun getting to be the center of attention at your bridal party, and these women had to share it with three other people...who they didn't know.  But at least the girls seemed to have their girl friends at the bach'ette party; for the guys' party, there only seemed to be the 4 MAFS guys, and maybe 2 other guys...very, very odd.  And maybe having strippers wasn't the activity of choice for one or more of the 8 people...oh well, too bad.  

• Love 7

Thinking the grooms had their party bus parked outside the strip club at 1130am with the lunch time strippers coming out to do 15 minutes of thrusting/pushing/ lap dancing and left the bus before the lunch buffet started inside....

• Love 8

I liked AJ more than other posters.  I thought he was really nervous but sweet and excited.  I think that Stephanie is also a bit over the top as demonstrated through her including her love of beer in her vows (would travel the world...).  So, they may actually work.  Of course, I reserve the right to totally change my mind...

So, along with the Lincoln University Alumna Reunion I guess we're going to see a reunion of all of those who have participated in Luke's speed dating events.  It bothered me that he hugged the girl he said had attended a couple of his speed dating events as it seemed like there might be more there than just "she showed up a couple of times..."

I liked that a couple of the moms introduced themselves to each other before the wedding.  They are in this together for as long as these marriages last, so they may as well be friendly with each other.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Oh my lawd. AJ to the friend zone in 3, 2, 1. Dude needs to calm the fuck down. I know he’s nervous but dang. Someone needs to have a talk with this boy. I think he might be better suited for Kate. Luke might be better for Stephanie. 

I wonder what Luke’s “um” meant at the end there. 

Luke is there for money and social media attention.  He'd probably consider Stephanie too old for him. But who knows? Maybe he'd be short-sighted enough  to 'do her' anyway (without using protection)... 

They probably paid those couples in "Happily Ever After" pretty well. They'd have to, for any group of women to be filmed having 'morning sickness' and display their ever-growing bellies on national TV (..and in one case, even having birth contractions)!

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, LuvMyShows said:

Luke's mom needed a supportive bra in that blue dress.

It seemed to me Luke's mom needed a different dress. Judging from her hair and lack of makeup she seems pretty natural. That dress was too young for her and didn't seem her style at all. Despite that, she seems like a very nice woman. She was the one who said this show was a mockery of marriage. Truer words were never spoken.

• Love 22
(edited)

The woman Luke recognized and hugged before the ceremony, sitting on the bride's side of the aisle...is one he has "hugged", wink wink.... before...

Luke's mom looks like Kristen Wiig playing a MoG.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 5

I’m not quite finished watching this, but my initial thought is that the show has hit the bottom of the barrel, broken through it, and moved to the dirt and sludge underneath. On the whole the participants seem desperate, weird or like Z-list fame whore seekers. I’m sure with a few we’ve hit the trifecta of desperate Z-list fame whore seeking weirdos. (Wheee, I finally get to advertise fit tea and teeth whitening products on my Instagram y’all!) 

And, as I sit in my ugly sweats, with no make-up and messy hair, let me snarkily say that several of these folks are umm, unfortunate looking. I thought even low rent reality tv required at least slightly better then average looks. I feel like I could see any of these people at my local Walmart on a rainy morning shuffling around the bakery wet and grumpy choosing between doughnuts and cinnamon rolls. 

I forget how awkward and stilted the conversations are between the couples at the beginning of this show. Maybe it’s like that at the end too, but in my mind it’s more natural, and since the last season ended like 10 minutes ago that’s what’s most recent in my mind, or maybe I have Stockholm syndrome and it never really changes throughout the series.

I am continually amazed when the parents and friends try so valiantly to voice their doubt and concern without saying, “This is stupid crazy and I'm embarrassed to call the bride/groom friend/family.”  Instead it’s awkward statements about the potential spouse being interesting or different than the usual choice and how hope is a lovely thing. Strained smile. Uneasy laugh. Sigh. 

I’m hoping, if we aren’t going to have a chance at any real relationships this season, then we get some good drama. Entertaining drama! Not crap about not liking a sofa or the fact that one of them only eats corn or something dumb. Crazy pants, throw out someone’s favorite beer stein and scream until they lose their voice crazy. Wait... I may be morphing into a wrong reasons viewer for this show too. Uh-oh. 

• Love 13
7 hours ago, OnTime said:

Ha, I'd say it is more like 3 out of 21 with

-Courtney/Jason delaying the divorce (if you look at Instagram)

- Shawn/Jept together because of the baby but they are still "married"

Cleary, these "experts" don't know what works!!

Really, Courtney/Jason are no longer together?  Bummer if true.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, ramble said:

I am continually amazed when the parents and friends try so valiantly to voice their doubt and concern without saying, “This is stupid crazy and I'm embarrassed to call the bride/groom friend/family.”  Instead it’s awkward statements about the potential spouse being interesting or different than the usual choice and how hope is a lovely thing. Strained smile. Uneasy laugh. Sigh. 

I wanted more from the woman who said this was making a mockery of marriage.

• Love 6

Out of the thousands of men who tried out for this season, why in the world did these three clowns pick AJ?  I suppose they think he's good TV.   I definitely would pull a Heather on this trainwreck and then sue the show for wasting my time.

Edited by Dittohead
  • Love 7

Random thoughts...

Luke’s mother is right that it’s a “mockery of marriage” - finally someone said it & they allowed it to be shown.

Hey AJ – “reserved” does not mean uncomfortable with oneself.

The parties & strippers were so gross on both sides.

Jasmine’s family seemed like they were going to a funeral, but apparently them all having gone to the same college makes everything better.

Jasmine sounded like an idiot saying Will wasn't "too introverted" because he's "cracking jokes". She obviously has no idea being introverted doesn't mean boring & shy.

AJ seems like he may have been chosen as 'good TV'.  He is, um, a lot, to say the least, but Stephanie reeks of desperation & doesn't seem to care - yet.

Stephanie is the new Danielle what with having eyebrow issues; they are over-plucked, misshapen, & make her look like she's always surprised. Glad to see the makeup artist helped her out with that for the wedding.

What a stupid ass photographer sending AJ to that wet disgusting tractor.

Luke’s mom’s huge breasts stole the show on that walk down the aisle. The only thing working for her with that dress was it matched her blue eyeglass frames. 'Touching moment' there when she met with Kate's mom to commiserate right before her daughter walks down the aisle.

Can Luke mention his speed dating business any more? Perhaps Kate was a recent participant, as it seems she's done many things to find true love - a TV show was the next obvious choice.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, Lovecat said:

They were at Iacobucci’s in Havertown!  They’ve been there for over 60 years, so they’re far from a crappy strip mall shop (no idea about the staff...perhaps the new generation of Iacobuccis?).  A friend of mine rented the apartment over the store back in our younger days.  

Oh! Cool!  Something I love about this forum is that we have locals who can give us a little insights and scoops into things like this! thank you!

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Marsh said:

Is sibling rivalry for having kids / getting married a common thing among sisters?

I never felt this with my sister but we generally haven't always gotten along as well as most sisters. I belive it is a common thing- age and experience have shown me- it's jockeying for attention from the grandparents to be. Because let's face it, it's a "first born" syndrome.  The only grandbabies that *really* matter (in many dysfunctional families, such as mine) are the first born.  

• Love 2

I don't care about anyone's looks on this show and I consider criticisms of aspects of people's looks that they have no control over to be weak/useless.  I got sooo bored reading about that one girl's hair last season. I just don't get the point.   They might be stupid for doing a show like this but we're all here watching, so there's that.

• Love 5

I thought Luke’s mom was so sweet. She seemed so gentle and empathetic to Kate’s mom who you could tell was hurting. I think this divorce was not expected, a betrayal of some sort that devastated the family plus combined with this MAFS nonsense. 

She had a really nice body but the sisters were a bit jiggly. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Luke uses his speed dating gig as a way to get the first dibs on the women who sign up for his events.....he is the rooster in the hen house as the point person for his events

I wonder if he’ll be conscious of how he comes off on tv and how that might affect his business(es). I wouldn’t want to go to anything he was involved in after watching him treat a woman - his wife no less - badly for an entire season of this show. Of course that’s assuming he does treat her badly the entire time. You’d think he might have considered the potential downside of this venture. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ChristmasJones said:

I don't care about anyone's looks on this show and I consider criticisms of aspects of people's looks that they have no control over to be weak/useless.  I got sooo bored reading about that one girl's hair last season. I just don't get the point.   

It's a reality show about accelerated dating in a marriage setting.  What do the majority of people do in real life when they're dating?  They judge each other based on looks and personality.  Except the 1% of people that say looks don't matter to them.

Everyone is judging each other, including the people on the show that just got married. Except they arent openly giving their opinions on looks because they are in the public eye and have to be polite on camera.

We are not.  If I went on the show, I would expect people to make fun of my looks but hey I put myself out there by agreeing to go on TV.  So that's fine.  By the way, Danielle COULD control what her eyebrows look like, and Amber COULD control the quality of her hair, so your argument doesn't even make sense.

• Love 17
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Stephanie is the new Danielle what with having eyebrow issues; they are over-plucked, misshapen, & make her look like she's always surprised. Glad to see the makeup artist helped her out with that for the wedding.

Weirdly, she is also the new Amber as well since she is getting a little long in the tooth (by this show’s standards), is desperate to be married, and applies her makeup with a shovel ensuring she looks more like 45 instead of 35.....

• Love 9
9 hours ago, Marsh said:

As annoying as AJ is I think they will still have sex, early on.  And I agree with the person that said he will cry haha. Stephanie is getting older and was desperate to get married before her younger sister, which is stupid, so she'll try anything to make the marriage work.

I agree, plus she has enough of a "good time" attitude that she's willing to see this as yet another adventure and just go along with it wherever it leads, even if she knows deep down it won't last.  There was already a little tongue action in their kissing so I'm sure they're headed for sex.  At this point, though, she is already worried about not being able to put up with his insufferable personality, which is not a good sign for it being any more than yet another episode of serial monogamy in her life.  That's not what she ultimately wanted, but if the sex is good, she'll be OK with that for a while.  Kind of like Amber with Dave last season.  Although in this case it might be Stephanie that is in the Dave position.

But seriously, you mean to tell me that despite all of Dr. Pepper's degrees from Yale (which she boasts about as evidence of her so-called ability to pick matches), that she couldn't see that AJ was a total pain in the ass from a mile away?  A guy with a personality that big couldn't possibly hide it that well.  I totally agree that this match had to be a producer pick as they were one of the couples the experts were arguing over.

So they picked 3 grooms that were introverts and one that was a raging extrovert to the point of needing medication?  Yeah, that's a producer pick, I'm sure.  Poor Stephanie.

• Love 13

What a stupid ass photographer sending AJ to that wet disgusting tractor.

Yes.  Mr. Yeah No was a wedding photographer for 20 years and when he saw that he said that's what you get when you're cheap and don't pay for a good photographer.  Plus when did it become the thing for wedding photographers to dress down that much?

The parties & strippers were so gross on both sides.

I think the show got cheap and consolidated the bachelor/bachelorette parties in order to save money since they are adding another couple this season, but assuming that everyone would just be OK with the strippers was not cool.

6 hours ago, Dittohead said:

Out of the thousands of men who tried out for this season, why in the world did these three clowns pick AJ?  I suppose they think he's good TV.   I definitely would pull a Heather on this trainwreck and then sue the show for wasting my time.

I'm still wondering if that isn't the reason the producers decided on a 4th couple this time - because it's inevitable that one of them will want to back out early so they will still have 3 couples left to focus on after they go.  Although I'm sure they have contracts that prevent contestants from suing the show on that basis.

• Love 6

Luke’s mom’s huge breasts stole the show on that walk down the aisle. The only thing working for her with that dress was it matched her blue eyeglass frames. 'Touching moment' there when she met with Kate's mom to commiserate right before her daughter walks down the aisle.

I didn't even notice her breasts.  I couldn't get past her huge schnazole, which Luke also inherited.  Yes, I know I'm shallow.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I don't care about anyone's looks on this show and I consider criticisms of aspects of people's looks that they have no control over to be weak/useless.  I got sooo bored reading about that one girl's hair last season. I just don't get the point.   They might be stupid for doing a show like this but we're all here watching, so there's that.

3 hours ago, Marsh said:

It's a reality show about accelerated dating in a marriage setting.  What do the majority of people do in real life when they're dating?  They judge each other based on looks and personality.  Except the 1% of people that say looks don't matter to them.

Everyone is judging each other, including the people on the show that just got married. Except they arent openly giving their opinions on looks because they are in the public eye and have to be polite on camera.

We are not.  If I went on the show, I would expect people to make fun of my looks but hey I put myself out there by agreeing to go on TV.  So that's fine.  By the way, Danielle COULD control what her eyebrows look like, and Amber COULD control the quality of her hair, so your argument doesn't even make sense.

I too get annoyed by some of the judgement about looks that goes on in these forums, Christmasjones, but it seems it’s part of watching reality tv. Because we don’t know these people and because they put themselves in a position where they can be judged, it’s ‘acceptable’ to comment on anything about their behavior, looks, etc., that we normally would not say to someone’s face. 

You can always disagree, or post what you like about the individuals. I do that sometimes. 

I’ve been watching the show since the first season. I know that most of it is staged. I still enjoy it. Unlike many people on this forum, I like the experts, and think their advice is pretty spot on a lot of the time. I also think producers get involved in the choosing of partners and they don’t always pick well. Ahem. 

That said, I didn’t really see a couple in this series that I think stands a chance of making it. We’ll see. 

• Love 4

I shall always remember that blue dress with the boobies that caught everybody's attention!  I don't even remember her face!!!  I could not take my eyes off her breasts!

I'm still feeling sad for those strippers.  They seemed very low rent in a sad  circumstance!

Steph in finances and AJ a business owner probably seemed like a good enough match  until he became a laughing hyena at his own wedding!

Lots to talk about!  Let the games begin!

• Love 8

Dr. Pepper going thru the underwear drawer.  WTF?   And Blondie sex therapist asking the guys about vibrators .. my husband looked embarrassed, haha.  These “experts” pick people who are alike in their ways, which doesn’t always work out.

A.J.  Shut the f up.  Didn’t the experts see he was a wild man?  I think him and his bride are heavy drinkers .. their main focus was on beer.

I loved the Father that went to Lincoln.  Typical.  I think this couple will make it.

The wedding dresses are getting too skimpy for a bride.

Liking all of them so far, except A.J., unless he calms down.  Show should have shown all the couples getting married instead of leaving two for next week.  There was too much bullshit from the experts as we’ve seen before.  Waste of time.  

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Marsh said:

I dated a girl once that threw a fit when her younger sister became pregnant before she did..  Is sibling rivalry for having kids / getting married a common thing among sisters?

I went to high school with a girl who was #3 of four (boy, girl, girl, boy) and was the first of her siblings to marry. She married her college sweetheart shortly after graduation. (They divorced five years later, no kids. She has a kid now but I don't think she's married.) Her older sister FREAKED OUT. Like, showed up to the wedding in a dress that was allegedly ice blue but was really white (the bridesmaid's dresses were pale blue and Older Sis was the maid of honor), and was just stank during the entire wedding process. Their mother gave the toast at the wedding because they were afraid the sister would say something messy (their mother was FURIOUS with Older Sis).

Older Sis was a really difficult woman, so she's an extreme example. (She did eventually marry and was divorced within two years, no kids. Not sure what her story is now.) I do think there's some interest in kind of preserving the birth order in families where big milestones are concerned - if you've been the first to do everything so far, you want to keep being first. (My brother is younger than I am and neither of us is married but I don't feel competitive with him in that way, maybe because we're brother and sister, not sisters.) And I think there's some pressure for parents' attention; if Stephanie's parents have grandkids, odds are good they (and by extension, the siblings with the kids) get the bulk of the attention.

Re: the attractiveness of the couples, I think Jasmine is really pretty - her skin looks like someone poured it over her. And I think Kate is very girl next door pretty. If I had to describe her in one word, it would be "sweet." She comes across as very sweet, both in looks and personality. I don't find any of the guys attractive.

• Love 10

AJ was (to me) very clearly drunk at the wedding.  Seems like the type of guy who always needs a drink before going anywhere.  His huge mouth and over-exaggerated facial expressions annoyed the cr*p out of me.  I wouldn't kiss that with a 10-foot pole.  Ugh.

Yes, of course the girl who refers to herself as "Queen" and "Princess", who made it clear she wants someone who makes more than she does, got her "perfect match":  a sweet down-to-earth guy, but who still lives with his grandma and isn't launched in his career yet.  How do these "experts" do this, playing with people's lives like this?  Of course there will be drama. She'll mow him down.  

And I hate "Queen's" dress.  Belongs in the limo with the other strippers.

• Love 18
2 minutes ago, Sterling said:

AJ was (to me) very clearly drunk at the wedding.  Seems like the type of guy who always needs a drink before going anywhere.  His huge mouth and over-exaggerated facial expressions annoyed the cr*p out of me.  I wouldn't kiss that with a 10-foot pole.  Ugh.

Yes, of course the girl who refers to herself as "Queen" and "Princess", who made it clear she wants someone who makes more than she does, got her "perfect match":  a sweet down-to-earth guy, but who still lives with his grandma and isn't launched in his career yet.  How do these "experts" do this, playing with people's lives like this?  Of course there will be drama. She'll mow him down.  

I thought AJ was drunk too, like he never went to bed drunk.  

"Queen"s dress didn't fit right.  The cups were to small and the dress looked cheap.  

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, Sterling said:

What was the experts’ rationale for Queen and Keith, seeing as he lives with Granny, is in school, and is not making the kind of money she needs? He is cute. She is cute. He is Black. She is Black. That is about it. This may be enough for Cal.

I’m glad they dumped Dorian/mom combo for the sake of the woman but it would have been great-as-a-train wreck to see him in Keith’s spot. I know he was not a contender for Kristine but that would have been a fright and delight.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Sterling said:

Ha.  These “experts” are useless.  We all could do better.  What does underwear and toilet paper have to do with anything?  It’s an invasion of privacy.  Let’s ask Blondie about her love Jon Frenetic (Molly) from a few seasons ago, and Pepper about her escapades with men in airport bathrooms.  How would they like THAT ??????

• Love 11

I thought Luke's mom could've held off on the commiserating with Kate's mom at least until the reception. Introducing herself was fine, & I agree with her sentiments over the whole thing, just leave the weeping & gnashing of teeth for later, over a glass of wine.

I felt so sorry for Kate's mom dealing with this crappy decision her daughter is making on the heels of what seems like quite a bad divorce. Possibly having to deal with her daughter having her heartbroken now too will be so tough on her. 

4 hours ago, Sterling said:

Seems like she'll chew him up & spit him out, many times over.

Holy crap what a mess.  I did like Kate's dress though.

15 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

She had a really nice body but the sisters were a bit jiggly. 

Wouldn't have even been noticeable had she worn an age appropriate dress & proper under garments; not quite sure what she was thinking there.

3 hours ago, scruffy73 said:

I know he was not a contender for Kristine but that would have been a fright and delight.

Looking at this purely as entertainment value, that could've worked.

15 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

People will criticize IRL as well, so it's always going to be worse for strangers on a show. I tend to try to focus on what can be controlled, but no matter, on the boards anything goes. We can pass or gloss over posts but I watch & come here for a fun escape, not to be shamed for snarking about idiots on UN-reality TV.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 7

I missed where Luke said he was "repulsed" by kissing Kate.  Was that in the previews?  (obviously, but in what context?)

When they were matching the couples up, Pastor Cal said "Kate would be a good match for Luke, if he would find her attractive".  Not an exact quote, but I re-watched it to make sure I heard that right.  Why wouldn't Luke be attracted?  She's adorable.  Could it be her weight?  She's adorable but not size 2 teensy tiny....was that it?

• Love 10
15 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I actually happen to agree with you about the superficial snark, ChristmasJones --but snark is allowed (and encouraged by many) on this forum. 

(There might be a similar forum where it's not permitted, but I don't know of one.) 

Edited by Crazy Bird Lady
  • Love 3