Type keyword(s) to search

Orvillian Media: Wireless Telecommunications Facility

shapeshifter
  • Start Topic

There's a difference between putting up a front at Comic Con and slogging through the long days actors have to slog through. At the very least I'm sure Seth talked to both Scott and Adrianne to make sure they could still work together. If they were still upset with each other, things on set become tricky. Yes, I'd expect them to stay professional but they are also humans- they can't be perfect every single time they see each other, which, as cast regulars, it would be a lot.

I'd also imagine one or both wanted time off to deal with the divorce...no matter how you slice it, that's not something you bounce back from overnight.

9 minutes ago, Superclam said:

I'm totally speculating, but I wonder if this means we might get The Orville on SyFy or NBC? 

No, the deal is for future projects. Current ones are still owned by FOX. 

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Superclam said:

Actually, Hulu is an even better fit because FOX (Disney) and NBC both own pieces of Hulu, although NBC now has non-voting shares. The only thing that worries me is that Disney is trying to maintain at least 3 streaming services in an attempt to collect revenue in the low-to-mid double digits every month

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Looks kind of click-baity. I never heard of this site before. Plus, Seth is pretty open about the show with the fans and he hasn't said anything yet.

ETA: I just looked into this. The author of the article became very vague on twitter about sourcing for the article, then blocked all the critical tweets. Tom Costantino from "The Orville" responded there was no truth to this made up story.

https://twitter.com/waytoomuchbeer/status/1289678234871726081

Edited by ketose
Confirmed story is false
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2

Cancelling before the season comes out seems silly. Orville might make tons of money for Hulu, they have no idea yet. If it does they look like idiots for cancelling and would have to uncancel. They should give the show a chance to sink or swim before they axe it.

Edited by Arynm
forgot a word
  • Love 2
On 8/5/2020 at 9:11 AM, marinw said:

Does anybody know if/where Season 3 will air in Canada? Canadian broadcasting liceniceing policies are so Byzantine.

CITY TV retains the Canadian rights to air The Orville into season three. (I emailed them to ask because that's where i watch it too)

• Love 2

Thank you, @ReidFan. A Canadian Channel (I forget which one) airs The Handmaid's Tale, also a Hulu show, but that does not mean that channel would air the Orville.

And don't even get me started on how HBO MAX works in Canada....

The Orville Season 3: Seth MacFarlane Gives Update on Delayed Hulu Debut

Szohr indicated that at the time the pandemic shut down production, “We were, like, pushing through the middle of the season.

But even with a good chunk of the season left to film, Macfarlane maintained, “We will be back soon, folks.”

New to The Orville Season 3 (besides Hulu, that is) will be Anne Winters of ABC’s one-and-done Grand Hotel, playing a character named Charly Burke.

• Love 4
30 minutes ago, AnimeMania said:

The Orville Season 3: Seth MacFarlane Gives Update on Delayed Hulu Debut

Szohr indicated that at the time the pandemic shut down production, “We were, like, pushing through the middle of the season.

But even with a good chunk of the season left to film, Macfarlane maintained, “We will be back soon, folks.”

New to The Orville Season 3 (besides Hulu, that is) will be Anne Winters of ABC’s one-and-done Grand Hotel, playing a character named Charly Burke.

Thank you for posting this!
Such a great interview! 
Perfect "palette cleanser" after all the insanity of late.
Plus I always appreciate Seth's intellect, energy, and talent.
If there's any personal life drama, I think I want to not know right now. Let me just have this.

• Love 2

Season 3 Of ‘The Orville’ Due To Resume Production In December

The filming will resume in the beginning of December, have a break for Christmas and return until finished. Being the most ambitious season yet, final production could take 5 to 6 months, this will push the air date to late 2021. Season 3 will be 11 episodes with an extended runtime since they don't have to conform to a network standard because they will be airing on Hulu.

• Useful 4
  • Love 3
(edited)
15 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

Not much else in the article except that Jessica Szohr had a baby girl named Bowie Ella in January.

I wonder how much impact the pandemic had on making it easier for actors to have babies without having to worry about shooting schedules and plot development.
A "Baby Bust" of up to 15% fewer U.S. births has been predicted, but maybe actors will be an exception.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Update On Season 3 Of Seth MacFarlane’s Sci-Fi Drama

(From Deadline: Not much of an update, but you take what you can get.)

Filming initially began in October 2019 but was halted in March 2020 with the arrival of Covid-19 with around half of production completed. Production resumed in December 2020 but was suspended again in January 2021 due to a surge. Filming resumed in February.

Jordan Helman, head of scripted originals at Hulu, teased the possibility of a fourth season of the show, or at least keeping the door open. He said that the “future of the show remains an open conversation and there have been no conversations otherwise”.  Jordan Helman has seen cuts of the show coming in and is hopeful of a premiere sooner rather than later.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

It's taken them nearly two years to film S3, so it better be epic. ;) 

I'm going to have to do a rewatch to remember how they resolved the Kelly thing. 

Admiral Victor Garber, Admiral Ted Danson, Admiral Kelly Hu, Admiral Ron Canada all at once. That's a lot of admirals and they aren't even Evil Admirals. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

The ship has finally docked.

The Orville: New Horizons, will premiere on Thursday, March 10, 2022 on Hulu.

Returning cast for Season 3 include series creator/Orville captain Seth MacFarlane, Adrianne Palicki, Jessica Szohr, Penny Johnson Jerald, Scott Grimes, Peter Macon, J. Lee, Mark Jackson and Chad L. Coleman. Additionally, the late Norm Macdonald will be heard again as the Gelatinous lieutenant Yaphit.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
17 hours ago, marinw said:

Hope this will air in Canada

When it was announced that it would be shown on Hulu, Seth M. said it would continue in Canada as had the first two seasons. I haven’t checked Citytv yet but overall I’m taking a wait and see approach.

• Useful 2
4 hours ago, Danielg342 said:
On 9/23/2021 at 1:20 PM, AnimeMania said:

Chad L. Coleman

That's Klyden, right? Is he now a regular on the show? They use him enough, he should be by now.

Yes, this is Bortus' mate. They just said he would be returning. Here he is in a deleted scene from The Orville episode: A Happy Refrain (Season 2, Episode 6).

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Just a heads up to everyone who wants to watch "The Orville" this March on Hulu for not that much money - Act fast because there's a 99 cents a month deal for a year but it's only available until the end of day tomorrow, November 29th (Cyber Monday).  It's good for anyone not currently subscribed to Hulu, including both new and former subscribers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

In space, no one can hear you scream, but they can hear you play lovely music.

Here is a video of the 90 piece orchestra as it plays one of the scores from composer Joel McNeely for The Orville Season 3. The Orville: New Horizons, will premiere on Thursday, March 10, 2022 on Hulu.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXAqJ3QDUx3/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=792e9a2c-494a-4535-9ac7-464e0b644d03

Edited by AnimeMania
  • Love 6