Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E01: Ja'loja

shapeshifter
  • Start Topic

I have a lot of questions about how John dated an alien with two heads who didn't know he was dating both of them.

Chang and Eng, the original Siamese twins, married sisters and had several children. They did have separate bodies and today probably would have been successfully separated.
There are also American twin sisters who share a body, but have separate heads and minds. That could be more complicated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abby_and_Brittany_Hensel

Chang and Eng's wives certainly each knew about the other.  The brothers were literally inseparable, so each would know if the other was engaged in the sexual event, and presumably they'd worked out some kind of "accomodations".

Dating conjoined sisters who somehow each never knew that the other was dating the same guy?  Well... that's why it was a joke (my take, anyway).

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Orbert said:

Chang and Eng's wives certainly each knew about the other.  The brothers were literally inseparable, so each would know if the other was engaged in the sexual event, and presumably they'd worked out some kind of "accomodations".

Dating conjoined sisters who somehow each never knew that the other was dating the same guy?  Well... that's why it was a joke (my take, anyway).

Yeah, that's what makes it so funny.

• Love 1

I somehow got the impression that some viewers took LaMarr's line seriously, like he really must have been a smooth operator to pull that off, leading me to explain how it's not just difficult; it's impossible, and that's the joke.  Re-reading the past several posts now, I'm not sure how I got that impression.  And of course, if you have to explain a joke...

• Love 2

If we were talking about two heads that are always conscious simultaneously and have human-like concepts of what dating involves, then sure, it would be impossible to pull it off.

But if one head is conscious for 12 hours and the other for 12, say, dating both heads without the other knowing would be feasible.

• Love 1