Type keyword(s) to search

V-Wars - General Discussion

formerlyfreedom
  • Start Topic

V-Wars is an upcoming web television series on Netflix. The series, which stars Ian Somerhalder, is based on the print anthology series of the same name, Edited by Jonathan Maberry, and was ordered straight-to-series in April 2018.[1]

The series has started filming in Sudbury[2], Cambridge [3] and Toronto, Ontario, Canada in June 2018.

Cast

• Ian Somerhalder as Dr. Luther Swann
  • Adrian Holmes as Michael Fayne
  • Jacky Lai as Kaylee Vo
  • Peter Outerbridge as Calix Niklos
  • Laura Vandervoort as Mila
  • Kyle Breitkopf as Dez
  • Kimberly-Sue Murray as Danika

Haven't watched it yet, but talk about "type casting".

Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed in a series dealing with vampires. 

And while I don't know if she ever was a vampire herself in a show or movie, I believe I remember seeing info that LV played a werewolf in a series in the past decade or so.

I thought Ian Somerhalder made an exceptionally boring lead. I did watch The Vampire Diaries and found him tolerable but here he tends to just blankly stare into space spouting medical terms. Might take a few episodes, don't know.

Glad it going in the last ten minutes of the pilot, though. 

• Love 1

Ian Somerhalder is terrible. He can't ham it up like he did on TVD so, absent his very limited bag of tricks, he just stares blankly and occassionally quirks his eyebrows in a subdued way. It's like watching Boone all over again. They really should have cast someone else. Adrian Holmes was more engaging. 

Overall, possibly the most boring show about vampires I've seen since Blood Ties.

I used to watch TVD  in the early days, and IS was very entertaining. Had a lot of snarky lines. Not so much here.

That being said, I've watched the first 3 episodes of this and like it so far. The gore is extremely gory! (and I used to watch True Blood, although the gore there was more about vampires going splodge)

I've only watched two eps so far.  In it for IS, however this is a BORING show.  Where's the humor?  So far there is nothing but a sympathetic pal being patient zero. This is too dark to watch more than one ep at a time.  Hope it gets better.

It has to be shot somewhere in Canada, even though the cars appear to have MY state license plates. How do I know?

You can't shoot anything there without casting Greg Bryk at some point and although I'm only on episode two, he's already made an appearance...

• LOL 1

This was an ok series. Ok enough that I'd watch season 2 if there is one but it wasn't outstanding or anything.  I wonder what was happening to Michael Fayne, does the disease run it's course and you become human again? Or you just lose your vampire powers when you stop feeding? I hope he didn't die and teams up with Luthor to kick some vampire butt. 

I just watched the first episode last night and it was better than I was expecting.  I think IS is fine in the role.  My only complaint is that the reporter/blogger lady didn't get killed.  She's annoying. Other than that, I'm in for the rest. 

• Love 1
On 12/24/2019 at 5:55 AM, Samwise979 said:

This was an ok series. Ok enough that I'd watch season 2 if there is one but it wasn't outstanding or anything.  I wonder what was happening to Michael Fayne, does the disease run it's course and you become human again? Or you just lose your vampire powers when you stop feeding? I hope he didn't die and teams up with Luthor to kick some vampire butt. 

I think Ava poisoned him with fentanyl and that's why he was loosing his senses.