Type keyword(s) to search

Station 19 - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

At this point, I'd take Grey Sloan Mercy Death over Station 19 and their drama. At least I could hide from the crazy that is the hospital. The fire station is too small to not get involved. 

Thank you! That's why this bed-hopping drama isn't quite working here the way it works on Grey's. I've been trying to make sense of why it always seems 'off'. The cast isn't really big enough to pull it off and the set itself is too compact. With Grey's there are multiple OR's, the ER, the skills lab, offices, CT, supply closets, etc and about twice as many characters to break things up. 19 on the other hand is limited to a smaller station house with few places to split people up. 

• Love 3

Did the writers think they wrote a serious episode because it turned out to be a comedy.

Jack and Maya arguing/tuning to sex., the fool trying to save his piano in a fire, Andy looking at the picture/determines right there her mother was miserable were funny but the drug addict getting hit by the car/the look on the 3 faces afterwards brought the loudest laughs out of me!

That guy had plenty of time to see the drug addict before he hit her. I bet he was on the phone.

The stabbed rapist was found next to run path where we see other runners in the background. Darcie should be more pissed/upset no one helped her.

Sullivan always tries to one up a person who is sad. A few weeks ago, Andy was going on about immigration and he brings up the story of the concentration camp. This week, Vic is going on about inspection and he blurts out his parents died in a plane crash.

Could we see Emmitt coming out to Dixon and quitting? That deserved a scene! And next we just see Dixon calmly holding a meeting?

Who was driving the PRT vehicle? Emmitt couldn't manage to do that easy task on what turned out to be his last day on the job!!

I ask again, why bother kill Pruitt if he keeps making appearances?

Avery getting shot didn't seem to be a big deal to a few people.

If Carina still wants to be with Maya after this, then she must have more issues than her.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Maya's just an asshole. I don't remember her being this awful in seasons 1 and 2. Yet, here we are, watching her lash out because she can't handle the truth and sleeping with her ex in the process. Is it realistic? No idea. Is it overdramatic and annoying? Yep. God, this also sets Jack back a lot for sleeping with a taken woman AGAIN. 

Wait didn’t Andy and Jack sleep together this season? Or am I wrong.. I haven’t watched because Jack and Maya especially were one of the best things about season two and it’s like they’ve done everything in their power to make Maya despicable this year.

By reading the forum it looks like they achieved the impossible by making Andy somewhat likeable this season. It’s just annoying the rest of the show seems to have gone to shit. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Who was driving the PRT vehicle? Emmitt couldn't manage to do that easy task on what turned out to be his last day on the job!!

I assume it was whoever they called to the scene to deal with the dead drug addict. I think they called for some police help and I'm gonna just say that one of them was driving the vehicle.

5 hours ago, Avabelle said:

Wait didn’t Andy and Jack sleep together this season? Or am I wrong.. I haven’t watched because Jack and Maya especially were one of the best things about season two and it’s like they’ve done everything in their power to make Maya despicable this year.

Yes, they did. Jack has slept with three different women this season, two of which were in relationships (Eva/Eve/Ava or whatever her name was, since I forget, and of course Maya). I liked Jack/Maya last season, for the most part. They got more dull by the end of season 2 but I still didn't actively hate them like I do now.

5 hours ago, Avabelle said:

By reading the forum it looks like they achieved the impossible by making Andy somewhat likeable this season. It’s just annoying the rest of the show seems to have gone to shit. 

Oh yeah, somehow they turned Andy from the most unlikeable character on the show to...dare I say it, one of the best characters on the show. The actress has been doing a fantastic job and they've given her great material to work with.

8 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Sullivan always tries to one up a person who is sad. A few weeks ago, Andy was going on about immigration and he brings up the story of the concentration camp. This week, Vic is going on about inspection and he blurts out his parents died in a plane crash.

So frustrating to watch because I haven't decided whether this is a true character issue where they've intentionally written him to one-up other characters about his DEAD PARENTS (he's literally gone from Nazi grandpa to dead parents to DEAD PARENTS IN A PLANE CRASH. What's next? His sister got captured and is being held hostage overseas? Does he even have siblings?) or just a shitty writing choice where they THINK that they're making him relatable but not realizing that they've written him to be an annoying one-upper. Like, I keep groaning whenever Sullivan starts talking about his family stuff. 

Similarly to the flashbacks this season. They started off great, because I thought "Hey, we get some insight into the characters!" but they've gone completely overboard with the flashbacks. So, as soon as I saw Vic's flashbacks start, I groaned and thought "Seriously? Do we need this?!?!" And, as it turns out, no, we definitely did not need it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Emmett was driving the PRT. Not very well. But that's why junkie girl puts the gun to his head and tells him to keep driving. Fast. 

*small voice* I still like this show (though I FF through all scenes between Maya and whatever the female Deluca's name is) ... I see next week is season finale. Do we know if it's been reupped for fall? 

I also found Proby palatable for the first time this season, though now that he's out and has "dumped" his dad, that may indeed be the last we see of him on screen. Especially if, as I assume, Dixon gets his due in the finale now that Sullivan is ready to spill.

There's enough drama, we don't need cardboard villains. 

Bummed that "they went there" with Dean having feelings for Vic ... too bad he didn't get to see the flashbacks like we did. Maybe hearing her sing would have changed that. Was the director trying to save the piano or get to another character caught behind it in a dangerous place, like the script was pointing with big neon signs for the first 55 minutes of the show?

• Love 6

I assume they’re setting up Jack and Andy for endgame though? That seems to be new showrunners intention while old showrunner went from wanting Andy/Ryan to Andy/Sullivan which made her seem incredibly flighty.

I think it’s gross that Andy/Maya seem to share Jack. I thought we were supposed to think of them as this shows version of Meredith/Cristina. The twisted sisters were a lot of things I didn’t always agree with but at least they never shared men. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Did the writers think they wrote a serious episode because it turned out to be a comedy.

No kidding and then we got another flashback with Vic to explain WHY she became a fire fighter. However, we have two more reasons why Vic's LIFE SUCKED continuing that all of the characters' parents just plained suck (I'll get into Pruitt later). I mean what the hell was the director trying to do? I mean save a grand piano? Come one this was a full community college, they would have had MAJOR insurance to over a full theatre and display arena. He basically committed suicide. 

As for finding out that Vic's parents once again are: "Workaholics" so much that as soon as the grand mother died they just "went back to work". The writers are acting like Vic's parents restaurant is a front for the mob or something. Even going as far as saying they were even open on major holidays when rarely ANYONE was around. No one on the writers table knows how a restaurant runs. Truth be told, if they were that worried the place wouldn't have survived if it required a couple from the age of 27-however old they are now to work EVERYTHING DAY, EVERY HOUR and then they basically show that Vic was raised by the grandmother who apparently never had a job herself on top of health issues, alzheimer's turning into dementia and then finally dying apparently in her 70s. Where Vic pretty much took care of her since high school and why she went to a local community college and now a 4 year because her parents especially her father WOULDN'T deal with it or apparently be any type of parent to Vic. 

I mean then finding out that Pruitt was the only one who came to her shows because her parents were "too busy running the damn restaurant". The show better not build this all up and then we never seen them. They haven't shy away from showing how everyone else's parents completely sucked on this show in either current or regular flashbacks. I mean even Ryan's father was horrible and I was waiting for him to show up briefly to visit his son's grave.

Jack and Maya arguing/tuning to sex., the fool trying to save his piano in a fire, Andy looking at the picture/determines right there her mother was miserable were funny but the drug addict getting hit by the car/the look on the 3 faces afterwards brought the loudest laughs out of me!

Now they are throwing out that Andy's life apparently has something that "couldn't come out" and apparently Pruitt did some stuff as he put it up until his "death "Tell her everything I did, I did for her." Why? Was Andy's mother and family in the cartel or something?

Could we see Emmitt coming out to Dixon and quitting? That deserved a scene! And next we just see Dixon calmly holding a meeting?

Yeah, that was way needed, not more men making out in a damn bar. Hell, I wish the addict would have shot Emmitt too, nothing life threatening but at least where he would have gone: "I just wanted to be an ART HISTORY MAJOR and TEACHER, FU YOU DAD!"

I ask again, why bother kill Pruitt if he keeps making appearances?

No kidding and now we are learning that apparently he wanted to keep Andy away from his former wife's family. Even his old buddies knowing that some dark stuff was going on. So, I take it next season Andy is going to see all of this and we will have Pruitt return again in flashbacks on what happened. WHY the hell kill him off then? They could have kept the drama and not given him cancer. He has been on almost EVERY episode this season even in death. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

These are the episodes where this shows (and franchises) tendencies towards melodrama really tend to show, and it usually ends up hurting the show. Like, its not enough that a woman wandered in who stabbed a rapist, or that some of the others find said rapist in the park bleeding out, OR that they are attacked by a totally unrelated drug addict who tries to mug them for drugs, but then she shoots Jackson, and gets hit by a damn car! And thats just a couple of the minor subplots! Its all just so much, that it becomes less dramatic and more unintentionally hilarious in how over the top it is, like a parody of overly dramatic soap operas. We have so many plots, that they all become rather half assed because we dont have the time we need for them.

Is that kind of twerpy looking young guy who was talking to Bailey a character on Greys? If so, is he kind of...stupid? "He got shot!" "With a gun?" No, he got shot with a super soaker, thats why he is bleeding profusely from the leg! This guy has a medical degree? I get that this show kind of needs to cross with Greys semi frequently due to them sharing some characters, but I am sick of all of the Greys people showing up here all the time. I dont wanna watch Greys! There is a reason I dont watch Greys anymore! Several reasons in fact! I am cool with doing one or two big crossovers, but I dont feel like I should be required to watch another show to watch this one. 

Why even kill Pruitt if he is going to show up so often? Vics backstory...well you know what I said about needless melodrama? Yeah, Vic was in community college theater when she ran into Pruitt and her director/mentor ignored fire safety and died trying to save a freaking piano, and oh dont forget her parents suck and why do we need this? What does this tell us about Vic that we dont know, besides her needing to work on her shuffle ball changes and that she takes fire codes seriously? See what I mean about parody? "I take fire codes very serious because...my mentor was killed because he ignored them and tried to save a piano! Thats why I love fire codes and hate pianos now!" *Dramatic music* 

I am trying to be sympathetic to Maya, but she makes it really freaking hard. I dont know much about her girlfriend beyond being Mayas more free spirited girlfriend, but I bet that she can do better. And throwing Jacks therapy at him was a seriously dick move. Speaking of, Maya and jack hooking up was super random, even for this show, where people bang more than fight fires sometimes. Jack clearly needs even more therapy. 

So is Andy's mom really alive? I feel like Pruitt made a lot of parenting mistakes that Andy has every right to be pissed about, but I dont think that he was abusive or totally the bad guy in his marriage. I wonder if Andy's mom was resentful or neglectful towards Andy because she felt had to give up her dreams to have her, and Pruitt was trying to hide it to protect her memories of her? 

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Is that kind of twerpy looking young guy who was talking to Bailey a character on Greys? If so, is he kind of...stupid?

Yes, he's a character on Greys, his name is Schmitt (although he's known in the Grey's forum as Glasses). 

And yes, he is that stupid.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
37 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Why even kill Pruitt if he is going to show up so often? Vics backstory...well you know what I said about needless melodrama? Yeah, Vic was in community college theater when she ran into Pruitt and her director/mentor ignored fire safety and died trying to save a freaking piano, and oh dont forget her parents suck and why do we need this? What does this tell us about Vic that we dont know, besides her needing to work on her shuffle ball changes and that she takes fire codes seriously? See what I mean about parody? "I take fire codes very serious because...my mentor was killed because he ignored them and tried to save a piano! Thats why I love fire codes and hate pianos now!" *Dramatic music* 

I know, you think she start taking an ax every time she saw a grand piano. "You got my mentor/director killed! You stupid pianos!" At this point, just have her parents show up and then have Vic just yell at them since they have Maya going: "no, my father never touched me, it wasn't abuse!" They pretty much painted Vic's parents as neglectful to the point you were waiting for the state to take Vic away. 

Is that kind of twerpy looking young guy who was talking to Bailey a character on Greys? If so, is he kind of...stupid? "He got shot!" "With a gun?" No, he got shot with a super soaker, thats why he is bleeding profusely from the leg! This guy has a medical degree?

Last episode of Grey's, Owen told him to either shut up, get with the program or get out! He was tired of it too and even wondered WHY he even went into surgery or be a doctor. He used to pass out by the sight of blood. His back story is: his father left his mother, his uncle (who was secretly gay) paid for him in medical school. Found out he was gay and the surgeon who he was in love with decided to dump him (who hadn't come out to his parents either). Notice a pattern along with Everett Dixon? 

• Love 4

Speaking of Greys annoying crossover characters, I don't need to see any more of Maya's doctor girlfriend Carina.  On Grey's she's always talking about masturbation or some sexual shit, and on this show she can't seem to keep her paws off of Maya for two seconds, even showing up on her job. 

Also, even though I don't like Maya that much, I didn't blame her for wanting Carina to go away and leave her alone.  Sure, Maya was upset, but it's not like she was contemplating suicide.  Sometimes you have to give a person space, and Maya wasn't in the mood to hear Carina's psychobabble.  

• Love 1

I feel sorry for the actor who plays Schmitt, the twerpy-looking guy. He does the best he can and he's got good comedic timing but the material that they give him is awful.

Emmett was driving the PRT vehicle, after doing a 24 hour shift. He didn't want to but Maya made him and for that she should be disciplined. No one should be driving after being awake for 24 hours.

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

So is Andy's mom really alive? I feel like Pruitt made a lot of parenting mistakes that Andy has every right to be pissed about, but I dont think that he was abusive or totally the bad guy in his marriage. I wonder if Andy's mom was resentful or neglectful towards Andy because she felt had to give up her dreams to have her, and Pruitt was trying to hide it to protect her memories of her? 

Why keep Andy's aunt and cousin from her?  As Andy told Sullivan and Maya, he was controlling in his relationship with her. He didn't tell Andy about his cancer, and he blocked her promotion to captain twice.  Sullivan said that it was to protect her but nope. That's way too controlling of his adult daughter.

The highlight of the episode was Vic's singing. And Vic and Travis talking. Thank goodness he's gay so I don't have to worry about any shenanigans there.

• Love 4
On 5/6/2020 at 10:08 PM, anna0852 said:

I'm really hoping I'm not the only one belatedly realizing that Okieriete Onaodowan was in the Hamilton OBC.

I haven't seen Hamilton, but I have read somewhere that he was in it <shrug>

15 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Speaking of Greys annoying crossover characters, I don't need to see any more of Maya's doctor girlfriend Carina.  On Grey's she's always talking about masturbation or some sexual shit, and on this show she can't seem to keep her paws off of Maya for two seconds, even showing up on her job. 

Also, even though I don't like Maya that much, I didn't blame her for wanting Carina to go away and leave her alone.  Sure, Maya was upset, but it's not like she was contemplating suicide.  Sometimes you have to give a person space, and Maya wasn't in the mood to hear Carina's psychobabble.  

The problem is, that's ALL they write Carina as. They want to then throw in: "I really came to Grey's because my brother might be bipolar since it runs in the family and he has been showing signs for years." Yet, when he does have a break down or has been acting odd, where was Carina? Off talking about masturbation, going on a mini vacation with Maya. Instead of telling Bailey his history and dragging him off to a doctor to get diagnosed and also medication. Oh no... sex, sex, sex. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, readster said:

The problem is, that's ALL they write Carina as. They want to then throw in: "I really came to Grey's because my brother might be bipolar since it runs in the family and he has been showing signs for years." Yet, when he does have a break down or has been acting odd, where was Carina? Off talking about masturbation, going on a mini vacation with Maya. Instead of telling Bailey his history and dragging him off to a doctor to get diagnosed and also medication. Oh no... sex, sex, sex. 

Yes, I've seen no indication from her that she's even concerned about where her brother is.  The last we saw of him on Grey's he was blasting away to who knows where on a motorcycle.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
32 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Yes, I've seen no indication from her that she's even concerned about where her brother is.  The last we saw of him on Grey's he was blasting away to who knows where on a motorcycle.   

Right and you just saw ONE SCENE of her looking upset as he did that public display of having a breakdown. Plus EVERYONE then got the story he is most likely bipolar and what happens? Bailey puts him on suspension and basically tells him to go home and think about it. Then learns that he was acting crazy, but was RIGHT about the human trafficing and what happens? Nothing in fact when he shows up to try and help Richard. He once again gets "no sleep" which causes his episodes. Yet, everyone is still: "Oh that Deluca." 

Even more, Carina should be much more concern, this condition with their father cost his marriage, almost got his license taken away SEVERAL times. Carina even admits she gets tested regularly. Yet, Andrew constantly showing symptoms and of course loses it several times. What does she do? Talks about the "magic" of masturbation ALL THE F-ing time! and worries about sex herself and can't keep her hands off her boyfriend/girlfriend as they have beat us over the head she is bi but prefers women more. 10 to 1 after her Maya break up, they will throw her with Teddy after the revelation she is closeted bi herself. I would like to know why they think gay couples constantly making out and having sex is such "must see TV' when at this point, no one cares. 

Edited by readster
missing a word
  • Love 2

I've been deleting episodes without watching but actually caught this one. It was better than others I'd previously watched, despite being ridiculous for all the reasons listed above. The guy dying to save a piano was the best part. (a) not realistic he'd care that much about a piano; and (b) how on earth did he expect to save it? roll it down the aisle. No one would be dumb enough to try it. 

and Andy--one picture with your mom looking unhappy doesn't mean anything. We all have those. It's called "taking pictures before digital cameras existed." You took pictures, dropped film off at Walmart, waited a week and discovered what you got. If some pictures turned out with closed eyes/weird faces, too bad, that's what you had and they went in your family album. You did not get to delete and try the picture again.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, RedbirdNelly said:

I've been deleting episodes without watching but actually caught this one. It was better than others I'd previously watched, despite being ridiculous for all the reasons listed above. The guy dying to save a piano was the best part. (a) not realistic he'd care that much about a piano; and (b) how on earth did he expect to save it? roll it down the aisle. No one would be dumb enough to try it. 

You also have to love the fact that a community college auditorium, a bowling alley and let's not forget the high rise from season 1. WHERE ARE THE DAMN SPRINKLERS? Why are they not turning on? Yet, seriously, how was he going to save that piano and why would he? HE didn't say earlier: "It's my husband or father's or mothers, ect." He just runs up with: "Must save it even though the entire stage is on fire, oh no, me on fire!" 

• Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I hope we're done with episodes of Vic singing.  

For the season yeah, but I'm sure we will hear her sing again at some point next season. The question is after the constant beating us over the head of Vic's "neglectiful" parents and all the Maya drama with her father. Are they going to show up next season? I actually would love to see the half-ass reason why Vic's parents, especially her father was so hellbent and working 24/7 instead of dealing with the failing health of his mother, missing ALL of Vic's events and why Vic's mother just went along with it. 

Edited by readster
pronouns.

Maya clearly has issues that need to be resolved regarding her father, but Carina did come on way too strong in terms of trying to help. 

Maya slept with Jack so she would give Carina enough reason to finally leave (her alone). Because Carina would probably not have listened, again.

I get that Carina was trying to help, but she seems to have no sense of the right time or place for it.

• Love 2

During quarantine I watched a bunch of firefighter shows and just finished this one. Gotta say I won't be coming back. The producers have made all of these characters unlikable. And they kill off WAY too many people. And highlight the worst characters - Sullivan really? Why is he still there? They turned Maya from a great character into an ass. Jack is just there - constantly screwing up. What a mess. 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:33 PM, SnoGirl said:

I actually feel really bad for the Probie.

I didn't.  He clearly was not cut out for this job.  I thought that last week in the bowling alley when he basically said he couldn't go in there, and you know, SAVE LIVES.  So glad he realized it at the end and quit.  I hate that Montgomery's with him though.  Montgomery is way too good for that kid.  Though I had to laugh at how shitty a day Daddy Dixon was having.  HIs son comes out and quits.  Then Sullivan shows up and throws him under the bus.  

On 5/7/2020 at 11:17 PM, Lady Calypso said:

While Andy/Sullivan haven't even been a thing for a full month. 

And they only got married so that her dad could walk her down the aisle before he died.  

On 5/7/2020 at 11:17 PM, Lady Calypso said:

Andy discovering that her parents weren't perfect?

That whole thing made no sense.  If there was something going on with the mother, and dad kept those birthday cards from the aunt away from her, why?  Why keep the cards for her to find 20 years later?  Why not just throw the cards out at the time?  That's just secrecy 101.  

And then Andi was going crazy over that photo of her with her parents.  "Does my mother look unhappy in this photo.  It must mean something".  Maybe it just means Mom was in a bad mood when the picture was taking.  Maybe she was PMSing and didn't want her picture taken.  Maybe she was thinking what to make for dinner and wasn't in the mood to smile.  Guh.  So dumb.  

• Love 3
36 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

I didn't.  He clearly was not cut out for this job.  I thought that last week in the bowling alley when he basically said he couldn't go in there, and you know, SAVE LIVES.  So glad he realized it at the end and quit.  I hate that Montgomery's with him though.  Montgomery is way too good for that kid.  Though I had to laugh at how shitty a day Daddy Dixon was having.  HIs son comes out and quits.  Then Sullivan shows up and throws him under the bus.  

Honestly, Dixon had it coming, they turned into this "evil master planner" with his background and the way he treated his son. So, now I'm just like: "Good, you got what you deserve." Just like that drug addict. She did all that stuff, didn't care and got herself killed. 

That whole thing made no sense.  If there was something going on with the mother, and dad kept those birthday cards from the aunt away from her, why?  Why keep the cards for her to find 20 years later?  Why not just throw the cards out at the time?  That's just secrecy 101.  

And then Andi was going crazy over that photo of her with her parents.  "Does my mother look unhappy in this photo.  It must mean something".  Maybe it just means Mom was in a bad mood when the picture was taking.  Maybe she was PMSing and didn't want her picture taken.  Maybe she was thinking what to make for dinner and wasn't in the mood to smile.  Guh.  So dumb.  

I completely agree, I mean he had plenty of time to get rid of those letters or tell his Andy: "Your mother's family and I never really got along and there was an argument *insert excuse*. Pruitt kept acting like Andy was 4 years old her entire life with: "Don't give her this, she needs to grieve." "She isn't ready for this yet." ect. Oh shut up! This was a guy who knew secrets of people in both the fire station and the police force. Had MANY opportunities to become chief or battalion chief himself and just kept going: "no, I can't do that." Then he complains about the dumbasses who got put in positions of power who got good fire fighters killed. Plus, Pruitt feeling guilty all the time about people who died under his command. Then instead of helping their children or relatives grieve, he just felt he should help them get promotions and positions they WEREN'T ready for or should of had. 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, readster said:

Just like that drug addict. She did all that stuff, didn't care and got herself killed. 

LOVED her getting hit by that car.  Didn't see it coming, gasped, laughed histerically, rewound and laughed again.  Also, kudos to the stunt person who pulled that off.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, perkie1968 said:

LOVED her getting hit by that car.  Didn't see it coming, gasped, laughed histerically, rewound and laughed again.  Also, kudos to the stunt person who pulled that off.  

Yes, and unlike a show like Million Little Things, THAT'S how you do a car hit. Plus, no one saw it coming and worked great for everyone. Even the look on the doctors faces was realistic. 

• Love 3

I'm snickering about Maya getting ticked at Carina. Because the pushing is *exactly* what Maya does to people around her. Remember last season with finding Gibson's bio parents or in Season 1 about Andy going for captain? Maya is just getting a taste of her own medicine. 

• Love 1
On 5/8/2020 at 3:49 PM, tennisgurl said:

What was worst about the flashbacks, was as soon as Vic started talking about how important inspections were I knew the flashback was going to show someone she knew dying from the lack of one (or ignoring one). Good use of a flashback is telling us something we couldn't figure out with the regular events.

On 5/9/2020 at 10:07 AM, Ohwell said:

Well, to be fair, Grey's was supposed to have more episodes this year. Maybe Karina would have been concerned about her brother in them. They aren't going to spend too much time on Station 19 with her worrying about a character that's never appeared on their show.

12 hours ago, perkie1968 said:

People on TV always are doing stupid stuff like that, otherwise we wouldn't have any drama.

On 5/8/2020 at 9:24 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Oh yeah, somehow they turned Andy from the most unlikeable character on the show to...dare I say it, one of the best characters on the show. The actress has been doing a fantastic job and they've given her great material to work with.

Tip for making someone likable, make a ton of bad stuff happen to them.  Andy has had a bad year.

1. Get rejected by her love interest.

2. Get called a slut by her dad.

3. Have her best friend die in front of her.

4. Have her father block her from a promotion, and have the job stolen by her friend who is terrible at the job.

5. Give her father a deadly disease.

You kind of have to start feeling some sympathy for her after all that.

True but I HATE that everyone has to be awful borderline moronic at the job to show the audience That Andy is the bestest. It’s not like it’s a new thing they’re doing. Every season we have Andy trying to prove she should be captain but someone holds her back even though she’s the bestest. When it wasn’t Maya it was Jack. If they want to make her captain they should go for it. It just sucks that other characters have to be shown as moronic to get her there. Greys did the competitive interns a lot better.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Avabelle said:

True but I HATE that everyone has to be awful borderline moronic at the job to show the audience That Andy is the bestest. It’s not like it’s a new thing they’re doing. Every season we have Andy trying to prove she should be captain but someone holds her back even though she’s the bestest. When it wasn’t Maya it was Jack. If they want to make her captain they should go for it. It just sucks that other characters have to be shown as moronic to get her there. Greys did the competitive interns a lot better.

Yeah I agree. Maya wasn't ready to be captain. We know why Sully originally was appointed captain. Jack screwed everything up to get himself there. Everyone else outside of Andy doesn't want that or even shows ANY signs of being a leader outside of Ben, but he rather marry medicine with firefighting. I feel they finally got him in a role that works from both shows. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Called it!

Not a bad finale. I'm grateful for no major cliffhangers since we don't know when it's coming back.

The haircut looks pretty cute.

Jack continues to be one of my favorites.

I wonder how the charges got rolling. That's pretty big.

I'm glad Andy finally had someone hear her out. Meredith can absolutely relate and I'm glad she listened. Not happy Andy wasn't there after surgery though.

Andy was right to be spinning out!

Edited by anna0852
  • Love 4

No surprise that Andy found her mom.  

I'm no Maya fan but I cheered when she told her father off and then cut that ponytail.  I wish someone would pay me $$$ to cut mine off on tv.  She looked cute with the short hair. 

I don't know what the hell is up with Vic but she seems to have issues with boundaries.   

• First, she shows up with an invited guest (Miller) to Jackson's dinner. 
  • Then Jackson finds out she's been crashing at his place without his knowledge. 
  • Then she moves in with Miller and has no problem sleeping in his bed and throwing her feet in his lap, all the while knowing he's dating someone.  I must have missed something because I don't remember what happened with the girlfriend after the dance party.  Did she leave in a huff because she saw something between Miller and Vic?  
  • Now Miller wants her to move out because he's uncomfortable with her being there.  I don't know if it's because he has feelings for her or because he wants to get on with his life.  I don't understand why she can't just get her own damn place but, alas, I fear next season they'll wind up together. 

• Love 2
(edited)

This episode was all over the place for a finale. The bomb/fire, Andy's unnecessary flashbacks, Maya's father just showing up cheerleading/interrupting her on the job/yanking her hair, Dean kicking out Vic (for a girl he just met) and Maya cutting her hair/running back to Carina for some reason.

They never explained if Dean's girlfriend left due to seeing Vic/Dean were in bed or whatever reason. She's not important, the show just needed to have Vic/Dean wake up in bed for shock!

I understand the writers needed Maya to finally see the "light" about her father but those scenes were the worst executions/dialogue to get to that point. They were so cringy! I was hoping someone put a foot up his ass!

That hospital staff was a mess: one group wants to defy orders to leave and save files/research, while another group just bolts and leave Duncan trapped in the MRI machine.

That doctor in the wheelchair seemed very protective of her lab yet she didn't notice someone walking in with a bomb.

It's a quasi "fire" show, so no need to investigate to find the bomber!

The other explosions were huge blasts but the one in the basement went off like a fire cracker.

That mother and son are still living with the lady. Are they paying rent? The abusive husband hasn't tracked her down by now?

Even that doctor recognized Sullivan's marriage is a joke. I don't watch Grey's is she a recovering addict?

Sullivan wakes up and no Andy (who promised to be there)! He immediately breaks his rule and demands morphine. Next season, I call for divorce by the second episode!

Andy's mother is alive! Oh joy! Just what we need!!!!! Why did she need to fake her death from the "Great" Pruitt?

How many times did we need to hear the fire chief tell little Andy her father is the best?

Isn't PRT Ben's full time job?

I hope that's the last we see of the Dixons. Still would have liked to seen how Emmett's girlfriend reacted to his news. Such a waste!

This wasn't a good season at all!

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3

What the hell was that? I hated it. So did Mom fake her death and Pruitt knew?  Yes, he can be an ass sometimes but if they rewrite this as he was abusive, I'll be pissed. 

Andi better be mad at her mom for leaving her too. I didn't like her ignoring her husband and not being there for him.

Vic can just move in with Jack since Andi left after a week. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Sullivan wakes up and no Andy (who promised to be there)! He immediately breaks his rule and demands morphine. Next season, I call for divorce by the second episode!

This is why I just can’t with any of Andys relationships. They are written so badly and the writers lose interest midway through. She was with Jack at the beginning of season one - she then sleeps with the cop guy who’s name I can’t even remember and they spent all of season one building them up. They then lost interest in him as a main love interest (probably because he wasn’t a fire fighter) and introduced Sullivan who they then spent all last season building up as her love interest only to lose interest in that relationship this season. They’re constantly retooling and nothing seems to stick. Next season I assume we’ll get another love interest while Sullivan fades out. 

i don’t really like Sullivan so losing him doesn’t bother me but it annoys me he and his relationship was forced down our throats for an entire season only for them to change their minds on it. Similarly Jack and Maya who I thought were really likeable last year were retconned into nothingness.

The show starts things and then just drops them. There’s no character or writing commitment whatsoever. It’s just awful writing. 

• Love 5

I'm calling it now that Andy's mother has schizophrenia and the best decision was to have it where she apparently "died". Trying not to ruin the image that "everyone was perfect". 

Ok, so a person who can apparently make time bombs and place them in specific places in a hospital. DOESN'T have the first one go off in the MAIN LAB first? Plus, good to know that Pac North even under Katherine Fox still are a bunch of idiots who ran instead of helping their fellow staff and just got the hell out of dodge. Yet, this season all way back to season 1 of the sky rise building, people just stood there with: "Oh... look... fire!" Plus, those were pretty big bombs to just sneak into the place. Plus, Dean figured it out so fast after finding the bomb. Yet the police didn't go: "Wait, two explosions that are an hour apart? That no gas leak." 

I see now what the season finale of Grey's was going to be about. The bomber was probably going to destroy the rest of the doctors STEM Cell Work since they were taking it to Grey/Sloan. Since we say Maya going there and showing Teddy and Andy going there "after" she found her long lost mother. Leading to one doctor probably trying to get rid of the bomb before it kills tons of people at Grey/Sloan. Hey I could be a writer for the show.

Happy that Maya's father went down, but much like the original story, it was so teleplayed of how much of an abuser. Dixon getting arrested was the best and I'm sure it was meant to be public like that so the Mayor would save face with: "Well, he's chief because he let my son go who went on to kill 5 people in a car accident HE caused." Hey writers, how about you get a new chief who is not only competent, but is not a cardboard cut out villain next season. 

WHY can't Vic get her own place? Or as mentioned, moved in with Jack. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, readster said:

I'm calling it now that Andy's mother has schizophrenia and the best decision was to have it where she apparently "died". Trying not to ruin the image that "everyone was perfect". 

My theory is also some sort of mental illness requiring inpatient treatment. With the stigma surrounding mental issues even now, it probably wouldn't have hard for Pruitt to get full custody during a divorce 20 years ago.

And then decide that telling Andy her mother is dead is easier than explaining and dealing with the nature of her illness. 

• Love 3

That was...a finale. It wasn't a bad finale. Just a weird one for me. 

Vic/Dean wake up in bed together! How FUNNY. And Dean kicks Vic out for his new girlfriend. But it's really because he LIKES Vic (probably). Again, I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop with Vic/Dean and it's annoying, at this rate. They're fine as FRIENDS, show. 

But how random that they showed Dean's new girlfriend for two seconds and then she never came back. 

Maya's abusive father shows up, finally shows Maya that he's an abusive dickhead, and she cuts her hair in retaliation! Ok, her short hair works for her. I do wonder if she actually cut her real hair in that scene or if it was an extension. I'd be impressed if she cut her actual hair. Her apology to Carina was fine and all, but no surprise Teddy the Cheater encourages Carina to forgive the woman who just cheated on her because she was spiraling. Now, I do think Carina/Maya can work things out, but Carina had every right to say 'We need to take this slowly and you need to earn my forgiveness for the shitty things that you said.' She may get that Maya cheated on her because she was intending to hurt her due to her not handling the abusive dad stuff well...but she absolutely had every right to take things as slow as she needed before jumping back into a relationship.

Jack....seems to gain a new family with the deaf son and mother. I'm guessing they're hinting at an actual romance with him and the mother....and I'm willing to bet the abusive father shows back up and maybe tries to kill them? I was honestly half expecting that as a cliffhanger. 

As for Andy/Sullivan...yikes, they definitely are adding drama to THAT relationship. I still haven't figured out if they're actually making Andy/Sullivan endgame or if they'll break them up next season. Maybe both?

Andy's mother being alive...ok, so I figured that Andy's aunt would be her mother but, in hindsight, they probably didn't want to make Pruitt look like a monster so I guess this option makes way more sense. The only reason why I didn't seriously consider it because I thought Andy's mother died from an illness she was suffering from for YEARS, not just apparently a week before she took off. But the actress is truly doing an amazing job. 

But her marriage to Sullivan is failing horribly. She's so distracted by her parental drama that she isn't there for Sullivan, who now has taken morphine two seconds after discovering that Andy isn't there for him and him screaming in pain. Fannnnnntastic. I cannot wait for more drama next season between them....

And....is Emmett really just gone? That's sudden and random. I like the actor, so I'll be sad to see him leave, and I don't see why Travis needed to break up with Emmett so soon into their relationship. It's only been a few days, Travis, since you started a relationship with him! It takes time for love to form!

Overall, it was a decent enough finale. I'm guessing we would have found out who the bomber was on Grey's. My bet? Deluca. 

Heh, just kidding. Probably one of Wheelchair Doc's team members or something stupid like that. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And....is Emmett really just gone? That's sudden and random. I like the actor, so I'll be sad to see him leave, and I don't see why Travis needed to break up with Emmett so soon into their relationship. It's only been a few days, Travis, since you started a relationship with him! It takes time for love to form!

They also had Emmett taking his father getting arrested over things to easily too. Like: "That serves you right for making me change majors in high school so you could have a political person in Seattle." Which still never made sense since they had Dixon one minute hate the bureaucratic crap to the next doing behind closed doors deals. Only thing I see Emmett serving was to show that Travis does want a relationship, but like any other person, it was basically just that. Physical and nothing more. Travis wants to be happy again, but after his last relationship post dead husband. He just didn't feel it and to be truthful, Emmett was a rebound and on top of that a guy who knew he was bi/gay but hid everything. Which was far more devastating since he had a girlfriend for 6 YEARS! Not saying he didn't love her, but if he knew since early college. He had PLENTY of time to just tell her: "Sorry, but I don't see us marrying." 

I'm also betting the bombs was another doctor who was probably jealous or felt their research was stolen by the other doctor. Then again, like I said, much easier to bomb the MAIN lab than set off two other bombs in the hospital. If they were so smart on timers, then they would have had them ALL go off at once. Unless it was some warp idea that it would allow people to get out and the bombs were screwed up in which went off first. Then again, if you can magically sneak home made bombs that have defiant timers, you can have them go on ANYWAY you want. Then again, this was to fuel into the Grey's original finale with another bomb going off at Grey Sloan to tie into the bombing wasn't only random, but also that it was a vendetta. Which also paints the picture it was another doctor/nurse to pull all that off. 

• Love 1

As far as finales go, this one was alright, I liked that there wasn't another cliffhanger where someone was in danger (again) and that we got some closure on some of the major story lines, but there were a lot of problems as well. There were so many plots and characters, I felt like we were just rushing through them. Maya finally realized that her obviously abusive father is abusive after one scene of him being awful, Dixon is arrested, Emmett is gone I guess, Sullivan is taking drugs again because Andy wasn't there when he woke up, Dean kicks Vic out because he doesn't want to deal with his feelings for her, it was just so much happening so fast, especially if this is the end for some of the supporting cast. 

I so called Andy's mom being alive! My suspicion is that she left because she was unhappy and resentful that she had to give up her dreams of being a firefighter, so she left and Pruitt told Andy that she died because it was less hurtful than telling her that her mom abandoned them and she wished she never had Andy. Or maybe she faked her death and Pruitt had no idea that she was alive, but I dont think they are going to ret-con Pruitt as fully abusive, so I dont really know why she would go to so much trouble. 

It didn't take much to get Sullivan to go back to drugs I guess. I feel like Sullivan might not last past next season, his marriage to Andy was clearly a bad idea, and when he isn't Andy's love interest anymore, they will probably just write him out. Hopefully he can at least just get to leave, and not get run over by a truck or something to maximize the drama. Its clear that he needs more from a partner than what Andy can give him right now, and that this all happened because they were both in bad places at the time, and not because they were ready to be married. 

What was going on with that sack of crap hospital they went to? Staff who leave their patients stuck in machinery, staff who refuse to leave the building even when its on fire, what is going on there? I also had to play another "is this person a thing" game at Grey's, this time with Doctor Busy Body telling Carina that she should take Maya back. I think I at least remember the doctor Sullivan prayed with, and hi Meredith, so at least I wasn't completely confused like I normally am during Greys crossovers. So will we have to watch Grey's to find out who set the bombs? Probably an employee, so they would have easy access, and this doesn't seem like a place very interested in vetting who comes in and out.

Glad that Maya apologized to Jack for how she treated him, I was really disappointed with how their relationship was thrown away so quickly this season, so it was nice to see them have a good moment. Mayas hair looks cute, and looks like she has finally figured out that her awful dad is, in fact, awful, even if he had to stomp around like a cartoon villain for her to finally catch on. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Even that doctor recognized Sullivan's marriage is a joke. I don't watch Grey's is she a recovering addict?

Yes, that was Dr. Amelia Shepherd, a neurosurgeon, and sister of the late Derek Shepherd.  She was originally introduced on Private Practice (another Grey's spinoff that I never watched), where apparently she had drug issues and recovered, then they moved her over to Grey's when PP ended.

I thought Sullivan's injuries were such that an orthopedic surgeon would be needed, but it's neuro-related?  Maybe the spine is somehow involved.  I don't recall if they mentioned the exact complaint on the episode(s) where Sullivan crossed over to Grey's.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

What was going on with that sack of crap hospital they went to? Staff who leave their patients stuck in machinery, staff who refuse to leave the building even when its on fire, what is going on there? I also had to play another "is this person a thing" game at Grey's, this time with Doctor Busy Body telling Carina that she should take Maya back. I think I at least remember the doctor Sullivan prayed with, and hi Meredith, so at least I wasn't completely confused like I normally am during Greys crossovers. So will we have to watch Grey's to find out who set the bombs? Probably an employee, so they would have easy access, and this doesn't seem like a place very interested in vetting who comes in and out.

That's been the problem with Pac North since day 1. They are all morons running an even sadder hospital. They had, and yes this is all real: doctors who don't know how to take pulses correctly, nurses who constantly break down in tears going "what did I do wrong?". Surgical nurses who let patients get worst during surgery and then when things go south they say: "You didn't ask if everything is fine, we are already asked first." They had these HUGE story of Richard, Owen and Alex turning the hospital around. Then Katherine bought it out of spite to Richard and then had everyone re-interview for their jobs (apparently still not firing the morons working at the hospital). Now we see it was turned also as part of a research hospital under the Fox label and what do we get? Doctors leaving patients to die and apparently some jealous doctor/nurse who can magically create time bombs and leave them in the hospital without anyone going: "Hey, that doesn't look like medical equipment."

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Sullivan has nerve damage, which needs a neurosurgeon to correct. He met Amelia when he was looking for an opioid prescription. She's a recovering addict herself and dragged him to a meeting. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Sullivan has nerve damage, which needs a neurosurgeon to correct. He met Amelia when he was looking for an opioid prescription. She's a recovering addict herself and dragged him to a meeting. 

Right as both Amelia and Kornvac discovered that the original injury from season 2 caused nerve damage to not only his leg but up to his back and why he was having spells that turned into full blown episodes and needed the drugs to kill the pain. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Well, this episode didn't do a thing for me. 

This bomb thing...  really?  The Dr doesn't want to leave so she just rolls away from the firefighters screaming keep your hands off of me.  There are explosions (granted they didn't know it was a bomb) going off and the firefighters are going help this lady pack?  I mean, guess there is one thing that we can learn from this show....   Don't try to save anything in a fire... wedding dresses, pianos, research files, because it doesn't turn out well. I do believe that any real firefighter would have picked that wench out of her chair and carried her screaming ass out of the hospital.  Not a whole battalion help her stand there and pack!

This pitiful Andy/Sullivan relationship.  I actually liked this relationship and where it was blossoming too...   And I guessed that Andy would have respected it more since she had her father's blessing and he walked her down the isle....   But now I see that she makes a worse partner as a wife than she even did as anyone's girlfriend.  I actually like Andy, but geez... the night before your husband's big surgery you party till you pass out with your friends.... showing up to be at his bedside for 2 minutes is an inconvenience and then you are so wrapped up in your personal emotions about the past that you can;t even be there when he wakes up?  Sullivan has every right to file for divorce the next time this show airs.  I actually feel bad for him.... Andy broke through his barriers, he was so in love with her when he finally admitted it....   UGH

Vic/Dean... where are they going here.  I'd be pretty pissed if I was Vic and instead of Dean trying to maybe grow their friendship so that there is a mutual love... he finds someone else as fast as he can and kicks Vic out after all her help?  Yeah - I'd be pissed if I was Vic.  I wish for Dean that baby Prue cries every night and he may never get a good nights sleep again

Good for Jack...  I hope this works out for him with the mother and deaf kid...  he needs relationships and love AWAY from that crazy fire station.

I really like Travis, but not here... he pursued Emmett, more than once..... guess he just wanted a sex buddy like everyone else on this show. 

And then finally... the cliffhanger....   Andy and her Mom.  Again... WTH????  I mean, I cant even imagine what kind of monster allows her young daughter to believe she is dead for many many years.... and makes no effort to contact her. And the father allows this?  The only reason why Mommy shows up now is because Andy was pursuing the Aunt after her Dad's death.  Otherwise, Mommy wouldn't be in the picture now.  I would be filled with extreme anger towards her.  I'm sorry... but I think that the only excuse that I would even buy was if Mommy dearest was an awful serial murderer and has been in prison for 20 years and no one wanted Andy to have to live with that stigma over her. 

Speaking personally, I lost my mother when I was 11, so this is a touchy subject for me.  Not to mention... wan;t there a funeral?  I'm sorry, even as a young child, Andy should know if Mommy had a funeral.  And all the other stuff that goes along with it....  grave site visitations, flowers on the grave site... if cremated... then an urn somewhere....   I mean.... take it from one who knows.... I have so many memories associated with my mothers passing - they are burned in my memory.  Andy would have the same....   Not just, "mommy's gone" and then oh ok... that's it.

And sorry... Meredith Grey, I love you...   but you would not just block out every single one of those memories until they come seeping out after your father's death because you looked at a picture and determined your mother was miserable. 

P.S. - why doesn't this show have it's own little episode forum like Greys Anatomy and HTGAWM?

Edited by DenverDogLover
  • Love 1

I can't imagine what the explanation about Maya's mom is going to be. If she left because Pruitt was awful, why did she leave her daughter? And if Pruitt forced her away, why didn't she reach out once Andy was an adult? She looks terrible either way.

Plus, why would the aunt be contacting Pruitt all those years if she was hiding the mom? Very weird.

5 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I also had to play another "is this person a thing" game at Grey's, this time with Doctor Busy Body telling Carina that she should take Maya back.

Doctor Busy Body has been cheating on her fiance for weeks/months, so yeah, she is probably not the most unbiased person to give Karina advice.

• Love 5
On 5/15/2020 at 4:06 PM, DenverDogLover said:

P.S. - why doesn't this show have it's own little episode forum like Greys Anatomy and HTGAWM?

I have wondered this myself, especially since this forum has more comments than other shows that are on the main page.

• Love 2