Type keyword(s) to search

Station 19 - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, readster said:

Ok, and I thought Maya's father sucked. To see Vic's grandmother slowly lose her mind and memory to the point, she was taking care of her since she was 11. I mean, her parents had to WORK ALL THE TIME and couldn't watch her or realized how much stress that was on their daughter. I also like how the grandmother who apparently was Vic's father's mother. Was all: "Your father, he never liked fun, always has to work!" Why? What was his excuse and why was Vic's mom never involved. Never made any sense.

Vic's grandmother gave me flashbacks to my own grandmother's dementia. But I was lucky enough to not have to take care of her on my own, that must have been really awful for a teenager to deal with.

So I guess they added Rigo this season so that they could kill off "one of the team" without really killing someone people cared about?

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Who is watching the baby while they are at work?

I think they said they would hire a nanny, like everyone else in the Grey's Anatomy universe. 

Edited by KaveDweller
Spelling
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Grey's Anatomy, Station 19, and The Resident donated masks, gloves, and gowns to Ontario Fire Department and Atlanta's Grady Memorial Hospital

"At 'Station 19,' we were lucky enough to have about 300 of the coveted N95 masks which we donated to our local fire station. They were tremendously grateful. At 'Grey’s Anatomy,' we have a back-stock of gowns and gloves which we are donating as well," Krista Vernoff, executive producer of ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" and "Station 19" told "Good Morning America" in a statement. "We are all overwhelmed with gratitude for our healthcare workers during this incredibly difficult time, and in addition to these donations, we are doing our part to help them by staying home."

Dr. Karen Law, a rheumatologist at Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta, shared that the producers of "The Resident" on FOX sent over "all the things our healthcare workers need to provide safe care for our community during #COVID19."

"Yesterday, I had a serious discussion with the residents about how, though supplies are low, a magical shipment of masks is unlikely to arrive. And yet, a magical shipment of masks DID arrive, in the form of this very generous gesture," she wrote. "This kind of community support means so much to our #frontlineproviders who are making many sacrifices to staff our hospitals and care for our community."

Scott Steiner, CEO of Phoebe Putney Memorial Hospital in Albany, Georgia, told ABC News that his staff has "gone through ... six months of personal protective equipment in just seven days."

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Vic's grandmother gave me flashbacks to my own grandmother's dementia. But I was lucky enough to not have to take care of her on my own, that must have been really awful for a teenager to deal with.

So I guess they added Rigo this season so that they could kill off "one of the team" without really killing someone people cared about?

I think they said they would hire a nanny, like everyone else in the Grey's Anatomy universe. 

Let's just hope that with Rigo gone, we will NO LONGER see his cheating wife. I'm sorry, if they bring her back and then magically explain why he let the marriage was full of lies, beating people and cheating then it proves how badly planned it was. Of course the way they are trying to push the politics of the city with Dixon, his son and Priutt's talk. I'm going to roll my eyes so hard I'll see For Life's writers. 

We got told so much about how's Vic's family really didn't care about anything about the job, but this was just TOO much. Sadly, my own mother-in-law is going through memory lost and it is hard to watch. Plus, several of my friends who have had and lost parents to Alzheimer's and dementia. I get people feeling tired or then looking at days were even over reacting will been seen as better days. However, to see people just "dump" their parent on others like this is just beyond stupid and horrible writing. 

Something else about all these flashbacks they decided to do this season. The served to give back story, but you give us asshole parents like Maya and Vic's. They better show back up and realize they were assholes instead of: "Don't you feel sorry for these characters." Yes, but it's two sided, I mean if the have Vic's parents show up and realize the dad was in denial and decided to work like Vic's grandfather apparently did. Then ok, gives him more reasons, but with Maya's mom and brother, their father's verbal abuse because "he was a champion" makes more sense. What was Vic's mom's excuse? This was her mother-in-law she saw fall more and more into denmia and instead of wanting to do something about it, she let her only child deal with it and left her alone where she could potential kill herself. Plus, how did grandma get to Vic's school play so easily?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

When Vic left grandma at the house, I was expecting her to accidentally start a fire and die, so I was surprised and glad to see her show up at the play.  I do wonder how she got there though.

Speaking of Vic, while rent can be expensive in Seattle, I still don't understand why she can't find someplace to live on her own.   

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

When Vic left grandma at the house, I was expecting her to accidentally start a fire and die, so I was surprised and glad to see her show up at the play.  I do wonder how she got there though.

Yes!!! I was sure that's where they were going, with the "so I gave up my musical theatre dreams to become a firefighter" outcome. That said, even if I sound snarky, this episode landed me in tears at least three times. 

Also? Baby Pru is the CUTEST! BABY! ON! TV!

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I love this show. It might be uneven but damn. It got me tonight. Between Vic’s grandma, Dean and Baby Pruitt, and Ben and Pruitt, I had tears tonight. And that’s hardly happens more than once on shows for me.

Gah. Ben asking Pruitt to find Danny made me cry. It literally destroyed me.

I really like the Dean storyline. I kinda hope they don’t go there with Dean and Vic. We hardly see adult friendships where adults aren’t falling in bed with each other. I both want them to find someone, just not each other. If they do start a thing, I hope it lasts.

• Love 3

The backstory with Vic and her grandma was so sad, especially as apparently neither of Vics parents could bother to help take care if her so they left child/teenage Vic to do it all on her own. I felt quite bad for her, and she and Dean had some good moments, although I really hope they can mange to just be friends and not end up going to bone town like...most everyone else in this franchise. That lady who dumped the old guy at the fire house though, thats just really crappy thing for her to do. There was nothing else for you to do while you drink coffee? Any other friends or relatives? Hiring help? Plan A was dump him at a fore station without letting anyone there even know what was going on? I get why Vic let her off, because she was dealing with her own issues, but ugh. 

Oh no, Rigo is dead...and I could seriously not care less. Rigo was always a dick with a super weird and dysfunctional marriage, and while he didnt deserve to die for that or anything, but I cant say I care. I really only care because it will make Jack even more angsty and depressed, and Rigos awful wife could show up to cause more trouble. 

So I guess Andy and Maya are cool again, now that Maya has finally gotten it through her thick skull that she sucks at this job, 

The hostage negotiation with the vet was quite good, even if it seemed to half exist to remind us that the new head honcho is a total asshole. 

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Oh no, Rigo is dead...and I could seriously not care less. Rigo was always a dick with a super weird and dysfunctional marriage, and while he didnt deserve to die for that or anything, but I cant say I care. I really only care because it will make Jack even more angsty and depressed, and Rigos awful wife could show up to cause more trouble. 

That's exactly how I feel!  I certainly hope Andy is there for him. But she'll probably be over at Sullivan's for a "sleep" over.  

• Love 3
18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

The backstory with Vic and her grandma was so sad, especially as apparently neither of Vics parents could bother to help take care if her so they left child/teenage Vic to do it all on her own. I felt quite bad for her, and she and Dean had some good moments, although I really hope they can mange to just be friends and not end up going to bone town like...most everyone else in this franchise. That lady who dumped the old guy at the fire house though, thats just really crappy thing for her to do. There was nothing else for you to do while you drink coffee? Any other friends or relatives? Hiring help? Plan A was dump him at a fore station without letting anyone there even know what was going on? I get why Vic let her off, because she was dealing with her own issues, but ugh. 

That was the problem with the story, they had the daughter and Vic's parents coming across of: "We don't want to deal with it." Least with the daughter, you get she was just exhausted, but really?  No other family, friends, friends of her father, nothing? Just dump them on a fire station and then disappear for two hours for coffee? Then to make us feel sorry for Vic with her grandmother. When we heard last season her parents just worked all the time and now seeing that they did it to the point where as Vic's grandmother put it: "Your father doesn't know how to have fun." So, WHY were they always gone? The restaurant was that needed that it they could NEVER be home? There is denial, but I HIGHLY DOUBT that Vic bought ALL those child proof locks and pieces and installed them around the house by herself. Not being able to afford care or retirement home due to their business. That I can see no problem, but to just drop your ailing mother on your only child and then the wife to just go with it is worst than Maya's father and how her mother let it all happened.

Least then you understand how Maya's brother ended up homeless, he could never live up to his father's standards and gave up on things. Of course, living in a homeless area sure is showing him right?

Rigo was like thrown in to be not only the asshole, but to give us the cheating wife and instead of divorcing her ass, going into therapy, the only thing he does is beat up guys who she sleeps with (apparently other firefighters) and then Pruitt reveals he has anger from his father dying in a call that Pruitt over saw. All it did was make Jack look like a moron and now he is going to feel guilty of him dying and sleeping with the whore that was  his wife. Jack tried to stop him, Maya screwed up the containment and Maya kept them on duty and didn't suspend them both especially when it was revealed that Rigo's wife is the root of everything. But oh no, just ignore it. 

The hostage negotiation with the vet was quite good, even if it seemed to half exist to remind us that the new head honcho is a total asshole. 

The vet was the trauma was not only realistic, but DAMN Sully did a great job with it too and even the follow up on Grey's made plenty of sense and was sad. HOWEVER, Dixon is just a complete moron, it is like EACH season Station 19 has to have some moron/asshole who is a higher up in the department. Season 1 was that Battalion Chief that Ripley finally shut down. They then changed both Ripley and Sully from being those assholes and then gave us Rigo instead. Now, it's Dixon who wants things both ways. "I want my son to be in the department so he can be a politician some day, but I don't want him in dangerous situations and I hate politics of the City Council." Umm... that's not how it works. 

• Love 3

Was B Shift angry with Jack for sleeping with Eva or do they think he's responsible for Rigo's death? 

Andy is cool under pressure standing in front of a bear but a raccoon....not so much!!!

Didn't seem like Andy's way to just reveal about her and Sullivan's relationship with little provocation.

Has Sullivan had a leg issue since getting with Andy? I was worried for him when he started dancing!

Doctor Lewis probably went straight to her shrink after hearing all these stories.  

I know Jack meant well but that lady should be careful to let him in.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3
44 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Was B Shift angry with Jack for sleeping with Eva or do they think he's responsible for Rigo's death? 

Andy is cool under pressure standing in front of a bear but a raccoon....not so much!!!

Didn't seem like Andy's way to just reveal about her and Sullivan's relationship with little provocation.

Has Sullivan had a leg issue since getting with Andy? I was worried for him when he started dancing!

Doctor Lewis probably went straight to her shrink after hearing all these stories.  

I know Jack meant well but that lady should be careful to let him in.

So, no one bothers to ask: "So, why the hell didn't Rigo divorce Eva's ass if he knew Jack wasn't the only person she slept with." Better yet, why is everyone going "poor Eva" when she is a dumb ass whore? The rest of the flashbacks, wow! I agree, Dr. Lewis need to see her own shrink after that. So, basically Maya has been hoping for death since she was a teen? Hey Ripley! She was not a leader, she was waiting for a death wish. I can't stop hearing the dog...

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I'm starting to fear like a weirdo because I don't like animals and I don't transfix on them one way or another when they are on screen or brought up.

I literally forgot about the dog thing. 

• Love 3

You have to enjoy the pity party for Dean. "My mom doesn't approve my living style." "I have a child out of wedlock." "My father is so pussy whipped he can't use the bathroom without permission." "My sister is so perfect." Then add in Vic's: "My parents cared more about their business than my ailing grandma." "My father's idea of fun is having a bowel movement." Then the shrink asking if they were a couple. Yeah, they aren't setting this up from a mile away.

Still pissed off that they are treating both Eva as the "poor widdle wife" who was probably sleeping with someone when the guys went and visitor her. Same with the Chief's son is everyone says he is a coward, but hey let's just sleep and give him the shirt on his back. 

• Love 4

Well, Tracie Thoms as Dr. Diane was actually fairly interesting. I don't know if a character like her is realistic, but I enjoyed some of her dynamics with the team. Specifically Travis and Andy, surprisingly enough. 

Of course Dean and Vic HAD to have their therapy sessions together. Because the show is absolutely going for a Dean/Vic romance and HAD to establish this for yet ANOTHER episode. I'm sorry, but as much as I like the actors, I hate the thought of the characters getting together. First of all, there are WAY too many romances at the fire station already. The only character who hasn't hooked up with anyone in the fire station yet is Ben, and that's only because he's married. He covers part of the crossover couple section, anyway. But also, because Dean and Vic are great as friends. They don't need to be sleeping together too.

Travis is rightfully annoyed at Emmett but Diane convinces him to be lenient on the kid. Which...ok, I did like that she told him not to out someone in the open, but Emmett is still being a cheating cheater who cheats. That's still wrong, even if he is in the closet. 

Jack's therapy session? Meh. I didn't really see any tears from the actor when he was supposed to cry. And no, I also don't care about poor Eva's feelings about her dead husband. He was the dumbass that didn't listen to orders (thanks Diane for telling Jack that). That's why he's dead, not Jack. And Eva also was cheating on Rigo throughout their entire relationship. So that's years of cheating. Who gives a shit if she's now sad that she doesn't have someone to cheat on? She couldn't care less about Rigo as a person. 

Ok...I actually liked Andy's therapy session. But maybe it's because it's SO RARE to see Andy actually happy. The actress did really well for the first time on this show for me. Mopey Andy makes me want to punch her. Happy Andy is very much likeable. 

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Travis is rightfully annoyed at Emmett but Diane convinces him to be lenient on the kid. Which...ok, I did like that she told him not to out someone in the open, but Emmett is still being a cheating cheater who cheats. That's still wrong, even if he is in the closet. 

Jack's therapy session? Meh. I didn't really see any tears from the actor when he was supposed to cry. And no, I also don't care about poor Eva's feelings about her dead husband. He was the dumbass that didn't listen to orders (thanks Diane for telling Jack that). That's why he's dead, not Jack. And Eva also was cheating on Rigo throughout their entire relationship. So that's years of cheating. Who gives a shit if she's now sad that she doesn't have someone to cheat on? She couldn't care less about Rigo as a person. 

Right, it doesn't make you feel "bad for" Emmett. It just makes him pathetic, he isn't ready to publicly "out himself" yet he is sleeping with both a man and a woman at the same time. I'm just waiting to see her get pregnant and "has to marry her" because their parents will throw a fit if they don't. 

Same with Diane telling Jack that everything in on Rigo. He didn't want to listen. He didn't want to actually deal with his problems or anger issues that have stemmed from his father's death from before Eva and him were married. Then we are to "feel sorry" for Eva. Hell people on Twitter were going: "Would you either dump the character actually give an answer why they were still married when it was pretty much known she was always cheating with someone and Rigo was beating people up." Shut up about the damn CODE! Doesn't excuse other people drawing you into their web of lies and crap. Diane was right, WHY did Jack keep doing it? Who is he really punishing? Maybe Jack and Maya can jump off into those clouds together. They are just sad people asking for death wishes. Hell, they didn't even address Jack surviving the high rise fire from two years ago when he started becoming Mr. Sad Sack. 

• Love 1

Tracie Thoms is here to make everything better! Dr. Diane was an interesting character, and I liked doing something kind of different and focusing on how everyone has reacted to the stuff that has happened lately. 

So Andy can stare down a bear, but one tiny trash panda leaves her screaming in a panic while a women chokes to death? ...ok then. 

Parent issues with everybody on this show. I love how the previews made it sound like the whole show would be about everyone talking about sleeping around, when really it was parent drama parent drama all over the place. 

Dean/Vic is still going to be a thing I guess, and I cant even pretend to be interested. Can two people on this show NOT end up sleeping together? Deans family hates that he is a firefighter that much? They act like he is some kind of crack dealer, not a firefighter who seems to have a pretty nice life. They wont even meet their grandkid because he is such a disgrace? Damn parents.

I dont know why everyone is acting like Eva is such a sad widow women, she was boning every guy in sight and letting her husband know about it. It doesn't seem like she gave much of a crap about him when he was alive, but now she does because he died?

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
35 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Parent issues with everybody on this show. I love how the previews made it sound like the whole show would be about everyone talking about sleeping around, when really it was parent drama parent drama all over the place. 

Dean/Vic is still going to be a thing I guess, and I cant even pretend to be interested. Can two people on this show NOT end up sleeping together? Deans family hates that he is a firefighter that much? They act like he is some kind of crack dealer, not a firefighter who seems to have a pretty nice life. They wont even meet their grandkid because he is such a disgrace? Damn parents.

I dont know why everyone is acting like Eva is such a sad widow women, she was boning every guy in sight and letting her husband know about it. It doesn't seem like she gave much of a crap about him when he was alive, but now she does because he died?

Yeah, Dean's parents are just horrible and now seeing how they are trying to compare him with Vic's parents who: "Don't know how to have fun and wouldn't deal with the ailing grandmother." I'm waiting for Dean to go: "My life is pathetic." Vic: "No my life." Dean: "No my life." 

As for Eva, wish the rocket would have landed on her house and exploded. I'm sorry, but you can't make us care even if she is doing a 360. I think she enjoyed watching Rigo beat up the people she slept with. He is lucky someone didn't eventually just shoot him or something. 

• Love 2

I spent a fair amount of this episode wondering why Tracie Thorns didn't bring up that she was married to a paramedic before I remembered I was not watching a 9-1-1/Station 19 cross-over. Other than that, I actually thought it was a pretty decent episode, surprisingly. More Travis, Vic, and Dean, show, and less of the Andy/Maya drama.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

I spent a fair amount of this episode wondering why Tracie Thorns didn't bring up that she was married to a paramedic before I remembered I was not watching a 9-1-1/Station 19 cross-over. 

Yes!!!!!! I kept waiting for her to go home and tell Hen about her day!!!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I really hate that Eva's going to collect her husband's insurance money. 

I think we all hate the fact she is still playing the victim in everything. I mean, they still skate over the biggest plot hole: "Why were they even married if she is constantly cheating on him with whoever and Rigo reaction is just to beat everyone up." I'm sorry, if anything, Rigo would have been put on leave with or without pay. Even getting from Pruitt: "His anger started when his father died, who was under me." Yet it's just like with Dixon, he is forcing a life on his son, but then goes: "But he can't be put in danger." Then add in he is lying to pretty much everyone about his "secret life". It's not only poorly written, but they keep trying to make the characters give out excuses why to "accept" just how things are. 

• Love 2

I fess up that while I am NOT a fan of having a crossover forced down our throats every single week, I am really liking S19 on its own. 

I especially loved the character development with Sullivan this week ... especially since in real life, Boris Kodjoe (Sullivan) is half Ghanaian and half Jewish (or possibly one-quarter, I just know that one grandparent's line is German Jew) -- his grandmother was a Holocaust survivor and HER mother died in the Holocaust. I thought when he started telling Pruitt his history, it would reflect that ... when he/they went for his grandfather being a Nazi, that was ballsy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I thought the "ICE guys are bad" was laid on a little too thick and I didn't like that story at all.

The more I see of Vic, the less I like her.  I don't think she really loves Dean, she was just looking for a place to crash.  I hope Dean gets over his feelings for her and asks her to get her own damn place.     

• Love 4
(edited)

Um yes, she never came out and said she was in love with him, but I do think she's just using him and she knows that Dean has feelings for her.

And she had the gall to crash at Jackson's place without telling him.  She's sneaky.

Edited by Ohwell
  • Love 1

Alicia is too nice and naive to suffer what is coming! Six years Emmett!!!

Alicia didn't hear the news about Rigo to understand what Travis was telling her about FF lives?

Dean: "That therapist get in your head at all?"

Jack: "No."

Dean: "Yeah. Me neither."

Why the decision to add these lines to bring down last week's episode? 

Too bad for the of the rest of the restaurant customers, there's no one left in the kitchen to cook.

The ICE scene and Maya having to do push ups to get the guy away were over the top nonsense. Maya could have told Todd she was with Carina from the start.

• Love 3

Well, the ICE story was laid on very, very thick. That's why I couldn't get into it. The twist with Sullivan's grandfather being a Nazi was different, at least. But still, a bit too dramatic. It really was only good because it gave Boris an excellent scene to work with. 

Alicia is too nice, which means that they're either laying it on thick to when Emmett breaks her heart, or she's got a secret of her own. I did like her interactions with Travis and I guess her quirkiness was more to serve Travis finally dumping Emmett. 

And more Vic/Dean romance plants. Yes, they're obviously going there. Yes, I will continue to get annoyed by it. And yes, this show hasn't treated Vic that well this season and I'm not sure why. Why waste all of this time with Vic/Jackson if Vic/Dean was going to be explored? Was it just for crossover reasons? Was it just so that Dean wouldn't look like the rebound guy? 

Ripley was mentioned again! I'd like to think that these are plants for Vic's inevitable breakdown over Ripley's death.

Jack with baby Prue was cute.

Maya/Carina's plot was ok. But yeah, Maya, maybe just tell the guy that you're with Carina romantically. Although there ARE drunk douches like that who probably wouldn't have taken that as a no either. 

• Love 6

This was a really good episode despite ICE stuff being laid on so thick. 

Jack saying  "she's our kid" about Pru was adorable.  Watching the three of them take care of her makes me wish they would keep Dean/Hughes platonic. 

Jackson being Ben's partner makes a lot of sense since the plastic surgery background is most suited to treating burns.

• Love 5

The ICE stuff really frosted me. How can you compare Nazis who ripped innocent people from their homes to send them to their DEATHS to ICE? And no amount of PC should be able to change "illegal" into "undocumented."  I am not unsympathetic, but that was infuriatingly ridiculous.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, renatae said:

The ICE stuff really frosted me. How can you compare Nazis who ripped innocent people from their homes to send them to their DEATHS to ICE? And no amount of PC should be able to change "illegal" into "undocumented."  I am not unsympathetic, but that was infuriatingly ridiculous.

Not to veer off topic, but I totally agree with this statement.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, renatae said:

Oh Grey's they were about to send one of their interns who was 3 when she came to the US, was an apparent citizen, finished medical school on a scholarship because SHE RAN A RED LIGHT! The rest of the episode was good, but really we get it Maya sucks as captain. I thought Eva needed to be ran over for all the crap she put Jack and Rigo through, but can that same truck take out the Chief's son too, my GOD! He is more annoying than Schmidt on Grey's.

• Love 2

I confess I am really and truly hoping that the whole Emmett/asshole dad storyline is over now that Travis has met adorkable Alicia and is totally through with him over that. Wishful thinking, I know but still ... maybe Alicia will find out and come to live platonically with Travis, and they can move in with Dean and baby Pru and be an awesome extended family.

The asshole boss dad reminds me of another similarly awful character (who I think was also an older guy in charge) ... I can't remember what show but it's another one in the line of the cop/fireperson/medical crew procedurals-with-some-soap-opera-thrown-in. For all I know, it may have been earlier season of S19. I'm just coming up blank. (FWIW, I watch this, 9-1-1, Rookie et al -- and I THINK it may have been The Rookie). It might even be the same actor LOL.

So I know this puts me in the minority, but for some reason I think they're NOT going to "go there" with Vic and Dean. I'm not sure where they WILL go, but I think it's clear to everyone that the chemistry isn't there and there are so many other storyline options they can follow (though I guess it will be next season ... aren't ALL of these shows in their end-of-regular-season countdowns)? 

Hey its Owen! A Greys character I actually remember! I am fine with the occasional crossover, especially if its someone like Baily where it makes sense that she would pop up, but I am sick of the constant cross overs, even sometimes having to watch Greys to see how stories end, and its annoying. I dont wanna watch Greys, stop trying to make me! 

This was mostly a good episode, I especially liked the plot with the three firefighters and a baby, Jack was super cute with baby Pru. I was sure at first that they were going to have Vic and Dean become a thing, and I still think its possible, but now I am not quite as sure. Maybe they will be roomies/buddies? I hope that they can stay platonic, but it is this franchise, so I wont get my hopes up. With more mentions of Ripley lately, I feel like Vic might finally let all that grief she clearly hasn't fully dealt with is all going to explode all over the place. Glad that Dean and Jack are getting along again, I think that Jack has certainly suffered enough for his fuck up already. Plus, he is clearly baby Prus favorite! 

Alicia seems sweet (if a bit clueless) I really hope that Emmett just breaks up with her and gets it over with. Its obviously not going to be able to work, and if if he feels he cant come out and that his asshole dad will lose his shit, its not fair to Alicia to string her along. 

Then there was the ICE stuff which was as subtle as Sullivan starring right at the camera and saying "You hear that audience! ICE is just like the Nazis. Ice. Nazis. Same thing. Get it?" The stuff with Sullivan and his Nazi grandpa was actually pretty interesting (especially as they made his grandpa not just a rank and file soldier but an actual full on Nazi apparently) and rather ballsy, but trying to tie it into ICE seems to be a bit much, especially as they conveniently managed to run into this asshole chef guy calling ICE on his poor abused undocumented workers and these two ICE guys who are as Aryan looking as central casting could presumably find and were apparently told by the director to be as smug and shitty as humanly possible this side of literally goosestepping into the kitchen while twirling their mustaches. Its not that I dont disagree that ICE and the current immigration policies are seriously messed up and need to be fixed, and immigration and the rights of immigrants, undocumented or not, are an important topic, one that should be addressed, but this was so heavy handed with its Nazi comparisons that it took me out of the story. Maybe because every show feels like it needs to do a "ICE is evil pro immigration" story, and I have seen a lot of versions of this story that are a lot more well done than this, so this one just seems like a rather paint by numbers version of this story that the show felt like it needed to do because everyone is doing it. At least it gave Sullivan some good moments and his whole Nazi story was a good time for him to shine. 

• Love 2

A gentle reminder, please talk about ICE as it relates to the show and leave your personal feelings at home. 

Yes, they went there with the Nazi \ ICE comparison. You see it or you don't.  Either way make it about the show. Thanks.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

And more Vic/Dean romance plants. Yes, they're obviously going there. Yes, I will continue to get annoyed by it. And yes, this show hasn't treated Vic that well this season and I'm not sure why. Why waste all of this time with Vic/Jackson if Vic/Dean was going to be explored? Was it just for crossover reasons? Was it just so that Dean wouldn't look like the rebound guy? 

I think it was to remind people Station 19 existed during the fall.

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Alicia seems sweet (if a bit clueless) I really hope that Emmett just breaks up with her and gets it over with. Its obviously not going to be able to work, and if if he feels he cant come out and that his asshole dad will lose his shit, its not fair to Alicia to string her along. 

Especially when she was going on about how it's been 6 years and she is wondering if she should propose. Sorry, even in this day and age you bring up: "So, where are we going?" After that amount of time. I agree, Emmett is just hurting everyone and Dixon is still proving to be an asshole. When they are at the fire talking about "do you job so the city board doesn't have to worry about insurance." What? Ripley wasn't perfect, but he would have NEVER said those things. Have a building fall on him and then Emmett can just admit to everyone and move on with his life and the writers can stop trying to "make us care."

• Love 3

Fuck Station 19 and fuck the writers for the graphic story about the beloved family pet dying in agony in a fire. I immediately deleted the episode and will never watch the show again. Glad now I signed up to be a Neilsen household this year.

• Love 2

Well that was a hell of an exit.

Andy and Sullivan really went through with it! Glad she was upfront out her friendship with Jack and that she wasn't pulling away from him.

Geez Miller, you haven't considered guardianship of your kid? 

• Love 4

If Dean is going to freeze because of Pru during a fire, he might as well look for a new and safe job.

Emmett needs to go too. He looked liked he was afraid to climb the ladder.

Who takes most blame for this disaster? Maya or Sullivan? I wouldn't be surprised if one them is demoted for this.

A fire extinguisher goes empty after a few sprays. I thought this team was best?

Maya should not let Pruitt talk his way into going to the roof. Travis may take it real hard as he didn't vent the roof.

What wall were the other FF trying to vent? The one that  was no where near the fire?

Once Sullivan mentioned marriage, I thought he was a dead man tonight. But they can't kill two Battalion Chiefs this quick, so he was spared.

So now they are secretly married. How long were they dating? Two weeks?

I had to laugh when Sullivan said he was "clean". I don't think it happens that fast.

Pruitt's actions just showed his lack of trust in these people. I don't think I'll miss him.

Will we see the therapist show up again next week?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

Goddamit, show. I have been in quarantine for 28 days and THIS is what you send me. Yes, I probably needed to sob but in reaction to this show makes me feel so manipulated. But thanks, stupid show, because I really did need to cry.

• Love 3

How many fucking cast member deaths are going to have this season? Enough already. Obviously, he wasn't long for this world but we literally just had two deaths and dealing with death episodes this season already.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, linthia said:

Fuck Station 19 and fuck the writers for the graphic story about the beloved family pet dying in agony in a fire. I immediately deleted the episode and will never watch the show again. Glad now I signed up to be a Neilsen household this year.

You are entitled to your opinion but I never understand the anger towards shows, movies and writers about animal deaths. Animals die. Animals die in fires. Animals are killed. Just like kids, adults, etc. It's a part of life. People die on this show all the time. Innocent people die. There is no malice here. That's the job. That's life. I can understand not wanting to watch it but I can't judge the show for it.

• Love 7

Well...that was certainly an ending for Pruitt. I think that, had they not also killed off Ryan and Rigo in this season, the impact probably would have been more powerful for me. But, alas, seeing as this will now be the team's third funeral in a span of six months, all I can think is "ANOTHER death?" And it shouldn't make me feel this way, because Pruitt's ending was actually handled well. 

Sullivan/Andy get married two weeks into their relationship. I mean, I get that was only because Pruitt was dying and the show wanted him at the wedding, but getting married this early is only bound to cause a lot of problems.

Other things happened, I guess. They really stopped focusing on the other members of the team halfway through in favor of Andy, Sullivan, and Pruitt. 

Poor Maya is going to reap some consequences here. I hope Sullivan does as well. He was an idiot to run into that fire just to save his wife. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well...that was certainly an ending for Pruitt. I think that, had they not also killed off Ryan and Rigo in this season, the impact probably would have been more powerful for me. But, alas, seeing as this will now be the team's third funeral in a span of six months, all I can think is "ANOTHER death?" And it shouldn't make me feel this way, because Pruitt's ending was actually handled well. 

Sullivan/Andy get married two weeks into their relationship. I mean, I get that was only because Pruitt was dying and the show wanted him at the wedding, but getting married this early is only bound to cause a lot of problems.

Other things happened, I guess. They really stopped focusing on the other members of the team halfway through in favor of Andy, Sullivan, and Pruitt. 

Poor Maya is going to reap some consequences here. I hope Sullivan does as well. He was an idiot to run into that fire just to save his wife. 

I was getting a kick out of the "old guard" including seeing Officer Winslow (Reg Johnson) during the poker game. However, I agree with Pruitt, he went out doing what he loved doing and did it for those he loved. I really did like his speech to Maya how they were all screw ups and he took them in because he knew they could be family. Especially, when he knew he was a screw up himself. I do agree that Dixon also proved how bad of a fire chief he was. I feel like half the Seattle Fire Department would rather have Station 19 members die. 

Sadly, it's a plot borrowed from Chicago Fire. How they had a fire battalion chief angry at them, they either had them fighting the worst fires or just make sure they didn't get certain calls. Even for the sake of drama, can the just have a fire chief who doesn't start or end up like an asshole?

• Love 3

The cast culling continues! They are going to have to invest in funeral flower Groupons or something at this rate. Honestly, so many people seemed to be passing around the Dead Man walking baton, especially Sullivan and his new marriage to Andy, that I almost thought that maybe they would shock us and have everyone survive. But as soon as the old guard started talking about their buddy who died in the hospital, I knew that Pruitt would be trying to go out in a literal blaze of glory instead of dying in a hospital. His death was actually quite well done and emotional, but coming so soon after two other deaths (especially Ryan's) it all just seems to be so much. Of course, at least on this show, when people die all of the time it does make sense, as the main characters work in a dangerous field, unlike on Grey's, where the doctors cant so much as run out for coffee without running into a polar bear attack or a thirty car pile up or something. 

So Andy and Sullivan get married after, like, two weeks? Not sure thats going to end well, especially with the talk they had about Jack. 

This whole situation was a major league clusterfuck, and someone, probably Maya and/or Sullivan, is going to get in trouble. Especially Sullivan, running in to save his new wife going against protocol. Also, if Dean is going to freeze every time he ends up in a dangerous situation on the job because of Pru, he should maybe think about a new career. At the very least, he needs to know someone will take care of his daughter.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6