Type keyword(s) to search

Station 19 - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, mxc90 said:

That's the best medical advice Maya's friend could give? If that didn't work she would have suggested for JJ to eat some of Miller's chilli with added extra pepper to get the baby moving.

I don't know if you watch Grey's Anatomy, but for at least a season Karina's only lines on that show were about masturbating to help with labor pain. She went around asking people to masturbate while she studied their brain waves. It was ridiculous. But as soon as Maya referenced her I knew what advice she was going to give.

3 hours ago, Chas411 said:

This! I find the writing for her so Mary Sueish. Both women would make shit captains for different reasons illustrated throughout season one and two but it bugs to no end that the writing is trying To paint Andie as the Mary Sue victim who gets screwed over and Maya the out and out villain who is oh so terrible at the job. Nobody can compete against Andie because they’re always just lazily written as one who is wrong. 

But Andy was screwed over. If Sullivan had legitimately decided he thought Maya was the best person for the job, I would have no issue and would be annoyed at Andy's behavior. But Sullivan decided Andy was the best person for the job, but didn't give it to her because her father asked him not to.

Granted no one really knows that.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

But Andy was screwed over. If Sullivan had legitimately decided he thought Maya was the best person for the job, I would have no issue and would be annoyed at Andy's behavior. But Sullivan decided Andy was the best person for the job, but didn't give it to her because her father asked him not to.

Granted no one really knows that.

Right, Andy has all the right to be upset and let's face it when Maya does find out what the main reason was. She is going to be pissed off too. Andy seriously got screwed and really, it's "dump on Andy" with life right now. Ryan is dead, her father is dying, her mother is also dead. Who she thought was her best friend got the job she SHOULD have had. Wait until she finds about about Sully's nerve damage and later WHY she didn't get the job. She is going to lose it!  

Speaking of Vic's "argument", how much do you want to bet this will figure into her own flashback. Since, she is the only one who hasn't had one yet, and has talked so much about how her parents were so engulfed in their business, she just raised herself and WHY she has so many relationship problems. I'm sure we will find out her parents always argued over stupid things, and just didn't talk about what the problems were. 

• Love 1

I didn't see the episode so what was the reason that the dad didn't support  Andy for Captain... Again everything Maya said was true and I figured she woulda been a better choice for captain sometime last season.. Andy just seemed to always have some main character issues going on.. Plus she's almost always gonna try the hero move.. When sometimes unfortunately you gotta sacrifice... But anyway did the dad do it because he knew he was dying and once he told her it would affect how she did the job.. Because we know it will.. Or was it something else

1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

I didn't see the episode so what was the reason that the dad didn't support  Andy for Captain... Again everything Maya said was true and I figured she woulda been a better choice for captain sometime last season.. Andy just seemed to always have some main character issues going on.. Plus she's almost always gonna try the hero move.. When sometimes unfortunately you gotta sacrifice... But anyway did the dad do it because he knew he was dying and once he told her it would affect how she did the job.. Because we know it will.. Or was it something else

It was because Ryan just died and her dad thought she hadn't grieved properly and was not emotionally strong enough to be captain.

16 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't know if you watch Grey's Anatomy, but for at least a season Karina's only lines on that show were about masturbating to help with labor pain. She went around asking people to masturbate while she studied their brain waves. It was ridiculous. But as soon as Maya referenced her I knew what advice she was going to give.

I don't watch Grey's. Thank you for the info. How many people complied?  Now I will be prepared for her response when someone asks her for a good remedy for the hiccups.

• LOL 1
18 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I don't watch Grey's. Thank you for the info. How many people complied?  Now I will be prepared for her response when someone asks her for a good remedy for the hiccups.

Karina has been one note with "sex" always being her answer to everything. Now, they are trying to make her character not just "sex expert" anymore, but the damage has been done. Yes, the pain situation is actually scientifically proven, just like those who are aroused are able to produce more endorphins to negate pain. Just when she says it and how it's written you want to go: "Do you actually practice medicine or just watch people have sex all the time?"

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

It's been bugging me since this show started two years ago. I finally figured out that Danielle looks very similar to AJ Cook (JJ on Criminal Minds). I kept thinking I'd seen her somewhere before!

I admit I sobbed out loud during this episode. Bravo for a Travis-centric ep (so sick of Andy) ... but I kept looking over and over at the credits to see who played Pilar and got nothing ... even on IMDB, Phylicia Rashad is listed in the episode cast but without the character name, while there is no Pilar listed so between putting that two-and-two together and a poster here referencing her I figured it out. I wonder WHY it was unlisted? She was outstanding. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I admit I sobbed out loud during this episode. Bravo for a Travis-centric ep (so sick of Andy) ... but I kept looking over and over at the credits to see who played Pilar and got nothing ... even on IMDB, Phylicia Rashad is listed in the episode cast but without the character name, while there is no Pilar listed so between putting that two-and-two together and a poster here referencing her I figured it out. I wonder WHY it was unlisted? She was outstanding. 

It was 100% Phylicia Rashad. Her name does pop up in the opening credits and I recognized that voice almost instantly. 

• Love 2
On 2/29/2020 at 1:10 PM, mxc90 said:

Only one main character complied, and it is a good thing she did because it was how she found out about her brain tumor. 

But apparently she got a lot of offscreen volunteers.

(edited)

I dont think that either Andy or Maya would make for particularly good captions, and for basically totally opposite reasons. Andy is super emotional and makes everything personal, while Maya as captain acts like a robot and also like a particularly crappy drill sergeant. That being said, Andy has a right to be pissed that she got passed over for the promotion, considering how it went down. She was told she would get the promotion, and then didnt because her dad came in and told her kind of ex boyfriend that she was too sad to be captain, so they gave it to one of her best friends. That really sucks and is terribly unfair, so while Andy can be frequently annoying and bratty and has a really undeserved sense of entitlement at times, I cant blame her for being so mad about this. 

Jack really screwed up, but I do feel bad for him. I do buy that he feels terrible about what he did and that sleeping with Rigos wife was a part of his greater personal issues, and that he got pulled into this bizarre psychodrama between Rigo and his wife which...just sounds like a fucked up dynamic. So she cheats on him, he just deals with it, but then goes and beats up the guys she hooks up with? The fuck? How many guys has he beaten up? How is this guy a firefighter when he seems so unstable? Why are these people not divorced? 

Nice to see Travis get a good episode, his whole story with Pilar on the phone was really heartbreaking, and the acting was excellent from everyone. His dad seems like a real piece of crap, and while his mom is I guess trying to get more used to Travis being gay (not sure where she is now on the acceptance scale) she still didnt show up at the wedding or ever seem to stand up for him, making this just a sucky situation in general. 

So JJ has a baby in the firehouse, because of course she does. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

It was 100% Phylicia Rashad. Her name does pop up in the opening credits and I recognized that voice almost instantly. 

THANK YOU!!! I missed the opening credits, kept thinking I recognized the voice, and then didn't see her in the closing credits so checked IMDB. Just when I was starting to waver on how much I liked this show (too much Andy), they won me with this. 

I realize she's the heroine and everything and I guess we're supposed to root for her but she's left me cold from day one. I just want every day to be Miller day. 

• Love 2

I'm not surprised that annoying, flighty JJ left the baby with Dean.  I'm glad she's gone and I hope he applies for sole custody of the baby since she basically abandoned her. 

I'm calling it right now:  Jackson and Vic will have a falling out because she moved into his apartment without his knowledge (which was a dick move on her part) and she'll hook up with Dean. 

• Love 4
(edited)

In 4 days all the snow from the great blizzard of 2020 magically disappears!!?? That throw away line about 70 degrees was BS, they couldn't find a location to film with snow. Also, the writer's skills melted away faster than the snow too!!!!

Sullivan is a battalion chief, there is a fire, he decides to stay at the station and shoot up? Get rid of this wasted character!

Drugs make Sullivan hallucinate Vic and Ripley making out (not him and Andy)??!!. Sullivan must have a nasty fantasy about those two.

Emmett should have been on the call but was left behind, where was the other person assigned to the front desk duty?

Emmett should have tossed the homeless guy out on his ass (clothing optional). If he gave him more time to talk, the guy could have "justified" stealing money and credit cards from the fire fighters's lockers and Dixon would have not stopped him.

I can't believe Vic and others allow him in.

Let me guess: Papa Dixon doesn't know who his son sleeps with and won't be happy when it's revealed.

How is Pruitt assigned to PRT? If this is a top of the line team, there has to be more qualified people for his position. This show doesn't know what they want to do with him.

So Elon Musk just lets one of his rockets fly off and not notify the authorities? How did the news not know immediately it was a rocket and said it was a plane. 

I do appreciate Maya laying into the group about them questioning her authority. They had it coming! The team unity camping trip didn't work!

When out on a call, I'm getting tired of hearing personal matters discussed during work. Rigo and Jack should be in more trouble for not answering Andy and instead argued about the affair.

Fingers crossed Rigo goes on disability and never comes back!

Andy told Jack it will be the last time they sleep together. Yeah right!

Damn JJ .. 4 days? Of course she is not a regular character so she wasn't going to stay on the show, but I thought she would leave with the baby. Now she can go back to partying and try to be in the daughter's life in 16 years.

JJ is not concerned when people (who knew she was pregnant) ask her about the baby and will have to explain she abandoned  them?

Fitting way to end with Maya hooking up in her office instead of reporting to Sullivan or writing a report or calling Rigo's wife (she may be at a hotel)! 

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

Kinda saw that coming with JJ. Not sure how Dean is gonna balance his job with being a single parent.

Carina can do a thousand times better than Captain Bitch.

Andy owes Sullivan nothing at all. He doesn't get to jerk her around and screw with her career, then come knocking on the door and asking for help.

Krista, the "one-night stand before starting a new job" storyline was already done 16 years ago. You might be aware 😁

• Love 3

Let's see... 

"Andy can't be captain, she needs time to grieve for Ryan."

*Figures things out faster in a bad situation, calls out Maya's problems with leadership. Even how Ringo and Jack SHOULDN'T BE WORKING TOGETHER.*

But then calls out Sully because he is "healthy". 

Maya: "You guys good?"

*Jack and Ringo can't stop arguing and Ringo basically admits he has anger issues and only became a firefighter because of Pruitt, based on his dad dying during his command and still carries those anger issues*

Almost gets himself killed and you could tell just be looking at the rocket debre he should have stayed far away. Is kept alive by saying how much he wants to mutilate Jack, but no one calls him out on his one main issue: "If your wife has a history of cheating you on, why are you still married?"

Let's just dump on Dean more and show more reasons they are trying to push him and Vic together.  Wow this episode just pissed me off.

• Love 1

One thing that annoys the hell out of me is the look of glee on Ben's face whenever they get a call.  Last night they thought it was a plane crash and he looked so joyful when he was running to his rig, knowing that there was the probability of injuries or deaths.  

I liked him at first on Grey's Anatomy and actually thought he punched down when he married Bailey, but now he just comes across as an idiot.  

• Love 3

Regarding Vic, I wonder why she just didn't come clean with Jackson about her living situation, instead of secretly crashing at his place.  It seems like she doesn't really want a relationship with him, she just wants sex and comfort because she hasn't gotten over Ripley's death. 

I'm still not sure that baby is Dean's either.   Sometime later, the baby will have a health issue and there will be DNA testing and he'll find out she isn't his.  That's how these tropes go. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Regarding Vic, I wonder why she just didn't come clean with Jackson about her living situation, instead of secretly crashing at his place.  It seems like she doesn't really want a relationship with him, she just wants sex and comfort because she hasn't gotten over Ripley's death. 

I'm pretty sure this is it. Jackson is her rebound, so to speak. But instead of it being after a break-up, it's after the tragic loss of her fiance. I don't get the sense that Vic was ever serious in Jackson, and this just proves it. They're likely to break up sooner, rather than later. But my fear is still that Vic/Dean get together at the end of the season (which, please no! This fire station already has too many romances in it!)

So, Dean's baby mama does abandon them, like she hinted at all episode. I like Brenda Song, but JJ is a mess who was never going to stick around for very long. I figured that it was just a way to get Dean to be a single dad. 

Ripley! Ok, just hallucination Ripley, but Ripley all the same! It just shows how much I miss the guy. Plus, Sullivan hallucinating Ripley making out with Vic? At least I got a little bit of Ripley/Vic again. They probably will always remain my favourite couple of the series. 

New guy had WAY too much screentime on his own. Do not care about him or Travis hooking up. Also, seeing as Dixon asked Sullivan to take it easy on Emmett, that must be a clue for how awful of a firefighter Emmett is going to be. He's going to make too many mistakes and Sullivan will have to decide to either cover for him, in order to keep his drug use a secret, or to tell Dixon that his son sucks at his job. 

Although, I guess Emmett wasn't downright horrible here. Plus, there will also be plenty of drama with Emmett/Travis hooking up, I suspect.

Maya vs Andy? Still a big fat yawn. For two characters who are supposedly best friends, they constantly are having pretty major fights with each other. Have we ever seen them acting like best friends for more than a couple of episodes? 

Jack and Rigo...another big fat yawn. Rigo's still a piece of shit. Jack's not a great guy and I hope he's stopped with Eva, but man, Rigo is just awful. Stop blaming the men that your wife sleeps with! She's the common denominator here, buddy!

Carina, I don't like you that much, but you probably shouldn't get involved with Maya. Also, Maya, being broken does NOT excuse you from being a total asshole. God, what a non-apology that she delivered. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Maya was rude to her, but Carina is a female horn dog.  On Grey's, about 95% of her talk is about sex, sex, sex.   I don't find her "sexy" at all. 

That was definitely more in season 14 than the last two. They've definitely toned her down since then. 

6 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

That was definitely more in season 14 than the last two. They've definitely toned her down since then. 

Yeah, I agree they've toned her down somewhat, but every time I see her on the tv screen I'm expecting a discussion about masturbation.  😄

• LOL 2
On 3/5/2020 at 8:16 PM, Ohwell said:

I'm not surprised that annoying, flighty JJ left the baby with Dean.  I'm glad she's gone and I hope he applies for sole custody of the baby since she basically abandoned her. 

I'm calling it right now:  Jackson and Vic will have a falling out because she moved into his apartment without his knowledge (which was a dick move on her part) and she'll hook up with Dean. 

I thought the same about JJ. Didn't like her from the moment she showed back up and I knew she was a total, selfish flake. Her personality just screamed "me, me, me!"

I hope they do have a falling out. So not interested in Jackson and Vic. It all just happened way too fast with them and for me, that's disturbing.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Ohwell said:

One thing that annoys the hell out of me is the look of glee on Ben's face whenever they get a call.  Last night they thought it was a plane crash and he looked so joyful when he was running to his rig, knowing that there was the probability of injuries or deaths.  

I liked him at first on Grey's Anatomy and actually thought he punched down when he married Bailey, but now he just comes across as an idiot.  

It's that giddiness all the interns go through on Grey's (even back when Meredith and Christine were still interns) where they would get so excited to hear about impending doom, and they'd fight over who got to treat the worst of it (the interns STILL do this) and Ben is and was just as bad. He jumps in head first (career changes and all) without really thinking ahead. It's infuriating trait to go right along with his ever-evolving career change.

• Love 3

I thought the hallucination of Vic and Ripley showed more chemistry than any of the real interaction. I still wish they didn't kill him.

If JJ didn't want to be a mother, why didn't she come to Dean and say she wanted to give the baby up, but thought he should have a say. Then he could have signed off on adoption or chosen to be a single dad. Pretending she was going to stay around only to walk away was pretty cold.

• Love 5

So JJ just took off and left? She just found Dean so she could inevitably dump their baby on him? Or so he would have to give her up for adoption and she didnt have to bother? JJ has always come off as flighty and kind of selfish, but I did think she would at least try, and this all wasnt some gambit to pawn her kid off on someone else. I dont think your daughter is going to want to pal around with her absentee mom when she becomes a teenager! 

Seeing Ripley as Sullivan's hallucination just reminds me of how much I miss him, and what a mistake it was to kill him off. He even got to remind me of how much I liked him and Vic together, what a shame. 

So Carina is a Grey's character apparently? There has been so many crossovers and so many characters from Grey's showing upon this show, I feel like I need to keep checking the Grey's Wiki to keep track of who these people are! I dont know Carina, but I think she should walk away, Maya is such a jerk, I dont imagine wanting anything long term with her as a partner. That "I am broken" crap wasnt an apology for being a jerk, it was just an excuse. Maya really is a crappy leader, even if she was right that Andy needs to stop questioning her all of the time. All she knows about leadership is yelling at people. 

Jack might have been wrong to sleep with Rigos wife, but Rigo is such a pain in the ass that its hard to be on his side. You could at least keep it off the field in a life or death situation dude! Him blaming Jack for for the affair totally just seems ridiculous, considering his wife was the one who was literally throwing herself at him, and apparently every other man in Seattle. Why does he not ask for a divorce? What is this relationship?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, tennisgurl said:

So JJ just took off and left? She just found Dean so she could inevitably dump their baby on him? Or so he would have to give her up for adoption and she didnt have to bother? JJ has always come off as flighty and kind of selfish, but I did think she would at least try, and this all wasnt some gambit to pawn her kid off on someone else. I dont think your daughter is going to want to pal around with her absentee mom when she becomes a teenager! 

I was kind of hoping that my original theory had been true and that JJ would have simply died in childbirth.

However, I guess this adds a layer to Dean as a single dad, and it still allows for Brenda Song to return at some point. But still, it made her look terrible that she really only came back for Dean so he could deal with their daughter and what happens to her. I guess it's better than her dumping the baby off at a fire station or something...but not by much.

• Love 3
On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2020 at 1:30 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

THANK YOU!!! I missed the opening credits, kept thinking I recognized the voice, and then didn't see her in the closing credits so checked IMDB. Just when I was starting to waver on how much I liked this show (too much Andy), they won me with this. 

I realize she's the heroine and everything and I guess we're supposed to root for her but she's left me cold from day one. I just want every day to be Miller day. 

On a side note, isn't Phylicia Rashad Debbie Allen's (Catherine on Grey's) sister?

• Love 1
On 3/10/2020 at 9:37 AM, RoxiP said:

On a side note, isn't Phylicia Rashad Debbie Allen's (Catherine on Grey's) sister?

Yes.  She was originally Phylicia Ayers-Allen (in the early days of The Cosby Show), until she married former NFL player and announcer Ahmad Rashad.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
On 3/6/2020 at 11:00 AM, Ohwell said:

I mean, this isn't new. There's 16 years of people being cheerful about injuries because it allows them to cut.

• Love 2

Pruitt must have negotiated a nice shift. He is off to do his "Mr. Miyagi thing" for Miller while Ben and Flores are still working with no replacement for him!

JJ's first act after leaving was to disconnect her phone. Cold!

It's weird that none of Rigo' current co-workers except for Ben were at the hospital. Sullivan just showed up for his personal issues and just happened to bump into Eva and others.

Since Sullivan was made Battalion Chief, he has not gone on any calls. Why is the SFD paying him?

If I had a cushy job at 20-21, with a nice house by the water...... I'm not complaining I hate my my job!!!!!! And how convenient Miller has available space for Vic to move in.

Rigo is in the hospital and Eva is already at the bar that night? Why couldn't she (and maybe JJ) have been one of the victims hit by the truck? What or who made her come to the conclusion that Jack was responsible for Rigo?

If Sullivan's third leg breaks down this time with Andy, he should move out of Seattle and never come back.

Shouldn't Miller's unconscious coked up co-worker's body have sunk to to the bottom of the water? It just floated back to to the top. 

That drunk driver must have been going at least 70 mph to cause all that carnage!

Emmett has a girlfriend?

I will lose all respect for Maya if she steps down from captain.

I had to laugh when Pruitt said he will never see Andy make captain.

Miller please re-think the baby's name!!!!!!!!! You probably haven't had enough sleep to make this decision.

Edited by mxc90

I live in New Hampshire and that motorcycle storyline hit too close to home. We had a terrible accident of that type in the last year.

Congratulations Captain Bishop! Took you this long to figure out you suck?

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I live in New Hampshire and that motorcycle storyline hit too close to home. We had a terrible accident of that type in the last year.

Congratulations Captain Bishop! Took you this long to figure out you suck?

Yeah, I mean what was her first clue? That she barked orders to everyone like it was the military. Put people together who hated each other, ignored someone who has major anger issues and a wife who clearly only cares about sex and not being by her husband who had his stomach ripped open by a rocket that wasn't reported. Then finds out that Pruitt said things because he "felt" your former best friend wasn't ready emotionally for anything. Then see how you just keep going with the flow even on a massive accident like this. Duh!

• Love 2

And...they charge full steam ahead on Vic/Dean, which is obviously happening and I don't like it. Everyone in that fire station is basically with each other, at this point, or has been. It's a tiny fire house! Go find someone else! 

It somewhat annoys me on Greys when they're all together, but at least Greys is a bigger hospital with hundreds of staff. Here, the fire house probably doesn't have more than a couple of dozen people working there, especially at one time. 

Jack's a mess. He gets dumped by Andy, gets shit on by Eva (who absolutely needs to be run over by a truck along with her husband), and basically is in the worst place possible. His life clearly sucks right now.

Dean gets a talking to by Pruitt, which is nice. But the name for his daughter? C'mon, show. Also, the transitions to flashbacks was horrible. They basically had zero connection to what was going on in the present. For example, the scene where Pruitt closed Dean's doors to yell at him and then it transitioned to...Dean and his asshole co-workers drinking and laughing? No correlation whatsoever. 

Maya finally figures out that she's a shitty captain. Sorry, but do not feel bad for her breakdown. 

I'm surprised that they basically killed almost everyone in that crash. I think only two people ended up surviving out of nine? Or something like that?

Amelia has an office? We have NEVER seen her in her office on Greys, in all of the years she's been on that show. Her office is very nice. But I'm glad she gave that talk to Sullivan. I'm glad he also seems to be getting the help that he needs (I think he is).

• Love 3

Up until recently I liked Vic and really felt sorry for her after Ripley's death.  However, I didn't like what she did not telling Jackson that she was staying in his apartment and I still don't understand why she didn't come clean with him and tell the truth.   There's something sneaky about her and I don't think she's trustworthy. 

So while the writers are clearly setting up a Vic/Dean relationship, I wish it didn't happen because while I'm sure Dean is no saint, I think he deserves better.   He's already had one woman flee the scene.     

• Love 4
20 hours ago, mxc90 said:

If I had a cushy job at 20-21, with a nice house by the water...... I'm not complaining I hate my my job!!!!!!

I thought he had the nice house because he comes from money, not because his cushy job afforded the salary to pay for it. But I may have misunderstood ... 

So Andy is back with Sullivan. Ugh.. I knew it was bound to happen, but I was soooo hoping they were done for good.  

I also hate how Andy as forgiven him for denying her the captain position; just because she wasn't grieving like he and her father thought she should grieve. 

Edited by Fireball
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Fireball said:

So Andy is back with Sullivan. Ugh.. I knew it was bound to happen, but I was soooo hoping they were done for good.  

I also hate how Andy as forgiven him for denying her the captain position; just because she wasn't grieving like he and her father thought she should grieve. 

All Andy had to say was: "I'm not grieving?" "How did you guys grieve losing someone you loved?" "Dad, you focused on just me and the job." "Sully, you moved out of town and didn't talk to anyone and went and worked some place else until your parents got sick and then came back a hard ass to everyone." "I'm not grieving right and instead of giving me the one thing that would have helped me through this you decide to give it to someone, who had been a LT barely a month? Come on!"

• Love 2
On 3/13/2020 at 8:31 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Jack's a mess. He gets dumped by Andy, gets shit on by Eva (who absolutely needs to be run over by a truck along with her husband), and basically is in the worst place possible. His life clearly sucks right now.

I feel bad for Jack. I mean yes he was a total idiot for getting involved with Eva, but I still feel bad for him. The whole station not including Andy is giving him the cold shoulder. If I was him I'd be thinking transfer.

I actually liked the idea of Andy and Jack if only to keep the inevitable Andy and Sullivan form happpening. I really hate that they killed Ryan. I know the writers said they wanted to take Andy to a dark place, I haven't seen that myself, if feels like they wanted to kill any other potential love interest for Andy. 

So Sullivan and Andy are back together; doesn't Andy think about how this will affect her ability to be promoted? This is why I hate the put the character with their boss storyline. The relationship never really adversely affects the characters career.  

On 3/13/2020 at 8:31 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Maya finally figures out that she's a shitty captain. Sorry, but do not feel bad for her breakdown. 

I don't feel bad for Maya either. Also I keep thinking when a LT gets promoted don't they usually go to a different fire house, so it's easier for them to transfer from co-worker/friend to boss/captain? 

• Love 3
On 3/13/2020 at 5:37 PM, PamelaMaeSnap said:

I thought he had the nice house because he comes from money, not because his cushy job afforded the salary to pay for it. But I may have misunderstood ... 

I agree. I believe the house is from daddy. I don't think he can keep the payments on a ff salary. My focus was on him complaining about his job.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I agree. I believe the house is from daddy. I don't think he can keep the payments on a ff salary. My focus was on him complaining about his job.

Apparently he had some kind of job in the financial industry at the time when he bought his house - the two idiots were his coworkers at that job (and of course he also comes from money).  Being a firefighter is a second career for him.

Housing prices in Seattle are high (of course I'm in Texas so everything seems high to me) - and floating homes are no exception.  But totally cool - wish I had one!

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 3

Ok, and I thought Maya's father sucked. To see Vic's grandmother slowly lose her mind and memory to the point, she was taking care of her since she was 11. I mean, her parents had to WORK ALL THE TIME and couldn't watch her or realized how much stress that was on their daughter. I also like how the grandmother who apparently was Vic's father's mother. Was all: "Your father, he never liked fun, always has to work!" Why? What was his excuse and why was Vic's mom never involved. Never made any sense.

Then the man with sever dementia the daughter just goes and dumps him on a fire station? What the hell? I'm sure people just dump people with memory lose on firefighters all the time. This episode was so stupid! The hostage situation was really the only real good writing. Yes, Maya. The new Fire Chief sucks! I mean, he just sucks, so he doesn't want his son in danger, but yet dragged him to the fire academy to fill some: "I want to run for office!" What the hell are wrong with these people?

• Love 2

Who is watching the baby while they are at work?

Now that Maya and Andy are on the road to repair their friendships here is the romance of Sullivan/Andy to soon bring a wedge in it again.

They killed Rigo! Not sad to him go. Jack is going to go into deep depression. Roommate Andy better be ready.

Will Eva sue the department or try to get one of her boyfriends to beat up Jack?

If the police weren't so slow and hurried on the scene when called, the fire department wouldn't have been in the position of talking down the vet.

Just have Emmett (the liability) do permanent desk duty if his father is afraid of him getting hurt.

• Love 2

Ok, show. I get it. Dean/Vic are going to hook up soon. I understand with all the not so subtle hints with them suddenly hanging out ALL OF THE TIME. 

Also, woman with the father with dementia? I get it's hard but don't just dump him off at a station and bolt for a couple of hours. You're dumb. Go hire some help.

Sullivan finally is honest about his issues...which is progress, and totally surprising with how he casually revealed it while trying to talk down the veteran. 

Rigo dies! Ok, cool! I literally could not care less. The only way this is bad is we get forced more Eva for some reason because she decides to sue Jack for killing her husband (he didn't, but she's convinced that he did). 

Ben and Pruitt's stuff was nice, even if it started off slow.

Maya/Andy make up. Hooray! Now, let's guess when their next feud starts, as they never stay friends for long. It's usually only a couple of episodes before they're fighting about something else.

Travis may have been a bit harsh, but Emmett's father is clearly going to cause issues if his son keeps going out in the field and getting in danger so...yeah, just keep him at the station and let the kid quit on his own. Done. 

• Love 3