Type keyword(s) to search

Station 19 - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

14 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I wasn't even thinking medical insurance, I meant property insurance, or whatever the equivalent of home owners insurance would be for a business. They have her risking her life to save a bunch of dresses, but surely that would be covered financially. Why do something so stupid?

Exactly, especially when you have over $10K in general. You don't get designer dresses, keep them in a downtown and cross your fingers people don't steal them or you catch fire. 

• Love 1

Besides Jack sleeping with his coworker's wife, he HAS gotten better since season 1 as a character. I felt moved by his flashbacks in this episode. It definitely added to his character. Plus, continuity! Hooray! 

Maya sucks as a captain, which is no surprise. She jumped on as lieutenant at the last minute and then somehow got captain so....no wonder she's shitty at leading a team. 

Andy/Jack moving in together? I don't think it's the start of their romance...again...at least I hope not. Their friendship scene at the end worked better. Andy's a bit better this season, but that's not saying much.

JJ shows back up and is heavily pregnant. Of course she is. Krista sure loves her baby drama. I guess Dean's on board for now. However....the question is if JJ is here to stick around or if they'll off her during labor and Dean will have to raise his kid on his own. Again, I don't put it past Krista to make Dean a single father. 

Pruitt is pretty annoying, at this point. I get that he's dying and all (and we'll see if the show actually kills him off at the end of the season or find an excuse to keep him alive) but he's acting like a dick. Same with Sullivan, who needs to give it up with his pouty attitude about his leg and Andy.

• Love 3

"Yeah! That was me on the Wheaties box! Thanks for noticing!" 

Is this what you envisioned for the station Pruit!? 

Andy is not captain material if she's going to sulk, can't handle set back/disappointment or pretend to show Maya a little respect. Did she expect Maya to apologize to her for being promoted or turn the job down?

What a weird "team"! First Andy/Maya then Maya confronts Sullivan. 

Sullivan was better off bringing in someone from another station.

Maybe Pruit's plan is to have the captain Sullivan picked to fail badly and then Andy would ride in on horse to show how it's properly done.

I wanted Andy and Maya to get in a fist fight. Both needed a beating for their terrible behavior.

Those malnourished kids were in fantastic shape to keep up with the aid car. Such commitment would have made Maya proud! 

Jack can't complain now about Maya's plan to have the Aid Car out on "patrol". 

Oh great! Jack and Andy roommates.They can't put adds in the paper to find other people? I'm sure this will not cause more tension with Maya.

Why did JJ wait so long to tell Miller? I hope this isn't some ruse and he's found to not be the father.

Jack's foster parents didn't have any smoke alarms in the house? A teachable moment was missed on the show.

Where does Jack (I'm tired of bouncing around) think he is going with Vasquez' wife? Asking her to stay for a while or with that text.

I understand Fire Chief Dixon sending the reporters to cover Jack and Ben but why did Jack think he sent the cops to break up the camps?

Dixon didn't have to act like a jerk to Pruit.

I actually rewatched my DVR.

First off, Krista should not think that her This Is Us ripoff went unoticed. I see what was done there. 

Loved the levity of Dean clutching the pillow and being handed the baby for practice. 

Maya, it's not the damn army nor is this an elementary school. We are way past the point of group punishment. Dean is late, so everyone has to re-work out? Massive BS. Don't blame Andy in the least for that 'no'. And she should have been fired on the spot the way she spoke to Sullivan.

Oh Andy. I think I'm the only one on this board that doesn't think you're awful. Girl is holding herself so taut and brittle she's about to crack. 

Sullivan, if Andy ever finds out you let her father tell you *not* to promote her then I think the Seattle FD will have massive and justifiable lawsuit on their hands. 

And Pruitt? Die of cancer already.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I actually rewatched my DVR.

First off, Krista should not think that her This Is Us ripoff went unoticed. I see what was done there. 

Loved the levity of Dean clutching the pillow and being handed the baby for practice. 

Maya, it's not the damn army nor is this an elementary school. We are way past the point of group punishment. Dean is late, so everyone has to re-work out? Massive BS. Don't blame Andy in the least for that 'no'. And she should have been fired on the spot the way she spoke to Sullivan.

Oh Andy. I think I'm the only one on this board that doesn't think you're awful. Girl is holding herself so taut and brittle she's about to crack. 

Sullivan, if Andy ever finds out you let her father tell you *not* to promote her then I think the Seattle FD will have massive and justifiable lawsuit on their hands. 

And Pruitt? Die of cancer already.

Negative reenforcement never works in a job like that. So, what the hell was Maya even thinking. Plus, classic Pruitt, thinks what he is doing will "help" Andy, but he is making things worst. She would have excelled as Captain and would have helped her in her grieving. Something that still just drives me crazy about Pruitt going on about giving his life to the job. He NEVER wanted to go beyond Captain because of "reasons" yet apparently was up for Battalion Captain and at one point, even chief. Yet he was: "OH no, I can't do that." Acting like he be behind a desk all the time and didn't want to act deal with the politics. Yet, he is doing all that now. You can't write it both ways. 

I was completely on Andy's side and I actually like this story for Dean. However, can we get any more of Vic's "My father doesn't even know my birthday and still thinks I'm 12." Oh just stop, we get it. Her parents were busy trying to keep their restaurant a float and Vic was either work with them when not in school or barely saw them. They write it like Vic was left on the street to fend for herself. 

I did enjoy Jack's back story, but seriously, what the hell is with the affair story. I mean, what? Sex yeah because all women who have asshole husbands want constant sex and forget that. If she is sleeping with him that much, then I'm sorry, divorce your damn husband and move on with your life. You don't have kids, you don't have it being a "public problem". Yes, Jack and him work together, other wise, she just needed an excuse. HATE people like that. 

• Love 3
12 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I understand Fire Chief Dixon sending the reporters to cover Jack and Ben but why did Jack think he sent the cops to break up the camps?

I think Jack complained to one of the cops on the scene, and she was like "complain to your chief" (meaning Dixon).  And the cop probably knew what he was about since until recently he was HER chief. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, readster said:

I did enjoy Jack's back story, but seriously, what the hell is with the affair story. I mean, what? Sex yeah because all women who have asshole husbands want constant sex and forget that. If she is sleeping with him that much, then I'm sorry, divorce your damn husband and move on with your life. You don't have kids, you don't have it being a "public problem". Yes, Jack and him work together, other wise, she just needed an excuse. HATE people like that. 

Apparently this woman is just a sh*t stirrer, because when Jack asked she told him that her husband was a great guy.  Which should have made Jack back off for even more reason because she is going to be huge trouble.

• Love 6

Jack is an idiot, messing with that married woman.  Plus, a woman who's married to one of his colleagues.  He deserves whatever shit comes his way.

I haven't watched every episode so I don't remember JJ or her hooking up with Dean.  I'm surprised that he just took her word for it that he was the baby daddy though.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Jack is an idiot, messing with that married woman.  Plus, a woman who's married to one of his colleagues.  He deserves whatever shit comes his way.

Exactly, I mean he was shocked she was not only married, but considering to who. She is bad news all around. If Jack was to not only tank his life, but also career. Then he deserves it. 

• Love 3

I liked the backstory for Jack, it was actually quite heartbreaking and does do a decent job at explaining a lot about his personality. Especially his tendency to cling to any relationship he ends up in, even if its clearly not a good one, and take rejection so badly. Now if only they could give him a good arc, because this sleeping with his co workers wife story just sucks, it makes me look like an idiot. At least his one story this week was pretty good. 

As usual, Pruitts attempts at "helping" just makes everything worse for everyone. So not only does Andy not get the promotion that she was basically told was hers, but the rest of the team is stuck with Maya as the new team leader, and as it turns out, Maya sucks at it! It might be that she just isnt ready, or maybe she is just a bad leader, If it aint broke, dont fix it! Her leadership style seems to be yelling at everyone, treating her team with condescension and making them run stupid drills like a bunch of first year ROTC cadets, being disrespectful towards Sullivan, and bragging about her previously never mentioned past as an Olympic athlete. 

Andy looks like she is about to crack, and getting passed over for her best friend (who practically kicked her on the way out) is just making it worse. Again, way to condescendingly mess with your daughters career Pruitt! 

So Dean is a gonna be a dad? His shell shocked pillow holding was hilarious, but I think he will be a pretty good dad. Eventually.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

. So not only does Andy not get the promotion that she was basically told was hers, but the rest of the team is stuck with Maya as the new team leader, and as it turns out, Maya sucks at it!

Of course she sucks though. But so does Andy. The entire station sucks which is why they need an outside party to lead them. I hate that Maya has to suck to justify Andys awesomeness when she was pretty much just as bad in most opportunities just the show doesn’t hold her accountable for any of her actions. 

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Court said:

I actually don't think Andy or Maya deserved the job. She wasn't lt for so long either. If we're going by experience, then it should be Jack.

Yeah, I'm surprised Jack's name was considered, especially after Sullivan agreed not to promote Andy. But Jack doesn't even seem to care. Am I forgetting something Jack did that would have taken him out of the running? 

36 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, I'm surprised Jack's name was considered, especially after Sullivan agreed not to promote Andy. But Jack doesn't even seem to care. Am I forgetting something Jack did that would have taken him out of the running? 

I think what was said was that new chief wanted a woman to be promoted, not a man, for optics. That's why Jack's out of the running.

• Useful 2
3 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I think Jack has been side-eyed by the department after he ended up with PTSD from the high rise fire and subsequent breakdown followed by months of therapy. Which is wildly crappy.

3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think what was said was that new chief wanted a woman to be promoted, not a man, for optics. That's why Jack's out of the running.

I totally blanked on that whole PTSD storyline. It was a long time between seasons.

But both of those things do explain why he was out. Thanks.

• Love 1
On 2/14/2020 at 2:39 PM, Ohwell said:

I haven't watched every episode so I don't remember JJ or her hooking up with Dean.  I'm surprised that he just took her word for it that he was the baby daddy though.

It was back in the first season.  JJ lived in an apartment building that had a really bad fire (I think the apartment above hers eventually collapsed into her apartment, fortunately after she had been removed.  She had slight injuries.  I think Dean may have been the one who rescued her, then after that they got together.  IIRC, Dean felt that she was getting to be a distraction to his being a good firefighter, so he stepped away (I think there was a scene in the final episode where Dean and some of the others were at the station, and his phone rang.  You got to see the display saying JJ, and he did not take the call.  I figured that was the end of it until this episode.  On one hand, it was nice to see Brenda Song again (I admit to having a minor crush, which is creepy as the woman is 1/2 my age!), but I am wondering where they will go with this development.

• Useful 3
5 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I miss Maya and Jack. They were one of the few relationships that I felt really worked on the show. Now I’ve a feeling they’re going to stick him back with Andy until she gets with Sullivan. 

Yeah, Krista really destroyed that relationship as a new showrunner, which isn't exactly a surprise. This is the showrunner who also set Vic up with Jackson roughly a month after her fiance died, just for crossover reasons. 

I miss what they had in season 2, for the most part, but with how they butchered Maya's character this season so far and with how they're throwing Jack at a married woman...they've definitely tainted that relationship that I don't want them to ever get back together. Not that Jack handled the break-up well, but he was treated horribly by Maya in the premiere. 

• Love 3

I'm getting sick of Eva. Did she put sleeping pills in Rigo's beer? 

Jack and her were stupid to arrive at the same time. They took their sweet time meeting up at the couple's site. I'm glad Rigo noticed (so this story line can move on).

I'm surprised the bear left the couple alive. Wouldn't the woman's screams have brought it back to finish the job?

The group should have sacrificed Eva and told her to run from the bear.

It was funny/awkward Pruit had to admit calling Andy a slut in the van (Why bother whisper? I'm sure all heard ). Eva could have interrupted and accepted the title!

Sullivan should do the right thing and quit/retire. Now he is stealing drugs. How does he make it through the day and no one has noticed or heard his screams?

Maya is working the group out hard at the station in their fire gear and they looked out of shape when they arrived at their site.

At first, I thought Hima was trying set up young Maya to fail with the cookies, pop corn and movie offer. 

Danielle Savre looked like she was running hard and the other actors were told to jog/power walk.

Don't propose Miller.

Maya asked for the potatoes and he passed it to the mother (who never asked but accepted it). 

Maya tried to rebel at the dinner table but at the end she still wanted his approval.

Miller never got his tent set up properly. It looked terrible.

Barrett Doss has a nice singing voice.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1

Eva: Don't worry; my husband just drank a lot and took sleeping pills. He won't hear a thing.
Me: Ok, great...BUT HOW ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE HEARING YOU IDIOTS HAVE SEX?

Like...I HATE Eva, so I hope this is the end of her arc. It's not that I want Jack/Andy 2.0 or 3.0 or whatever reiteration of their relationship that they're on now, but it beats Eva. 

But, are they really going full force with Jack/Andy? Did they just drop Andy/Sullivan because Krista, like all the other dropped plots, just didn't want to deal with it? I don't know exactly what kind of vibe I got with them at the end, whether they're reigniting their relationship permanently or not or if this is just a sign that Andy and Jack aren't dealing with their personal issues well so they're using each other.

Maya gets more of a backstory. So, her dad's an abusive dick. It did make me feel sorry for Maya and understand why she is the way that she is...but there was some poor writing in some of her flashback scenes, such as the dinner scene. Or maybe it felt like poor writing to have the dad call Maya a loser a bunch of times. I think we would have gotten it with just the way he was acting. 

Dean...don't propose to JJ. You guys are nowhere close to being in a relationship. Right now, you're just co-parents. Chill out. 

I didn't know Barrett Doss could sing. That was a nice surprise.

If Sullivan continues to act the way he did when he first took the Fentanyl, then someone should figure out very quickly that he keeps getting high. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

But, are they really going full force with Jack/Andy?

Nooooo. So not only do we lose Maya/Jack but now we’re stuck with Andy/Jack again. I’m just waiting for Dean to also fall in love with her now as I think he’s the only regular male character to have avoided that so far.

The first season of this show sucked. The second one was slightly better. Nothing worse then a new showrunner coming in and disregarding everything that’s been established. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Eva: Don't worry; my husband just drank a lot and took sleeping pills. He won't hear a thing.
Me: Ok, great...BUT HOW ABOUT EVERYONE ELSE HEARING YOU IDIOTS HAVE SEX?

Like...I HATE Eva, so I hope this is the end of her arc. It's not that I want Jack/Andy 2.0 or 3.0 or whatever reiteration of their relationship that they're on now, but it beats Eva. 

But, are they really going full force with Jack/Andy? Did they just drop Andy/Sullivan because Krista, like all the other dropped plots, just didn't want to deal with it? I don't know exactly what kind of vibe I got with them at the end, whether they're reigniting their relationship permanently or not or if this is just a sign that Andy and Jack aren't dealing with their personal issues well so they're using each other.

Maya gets more of a backstory. So, her dad's an abusive dick. It did make me feel sorry for Maya and understand why she is the way that she is...but there was some poor writing in some of her flashback scenes, such as the dinner scene. Or maybe it felt like poor writing to have the dad call Maya a loser a bunch of times. I think we would have gotten it with just the way he was acting. 

Dean...don't propose to JJ. You guys are nowhere close to being in a relationship. Right now, you're just co-parents. Chill out. 

I didn't know Barrett Doss could sing. That was a nice surprise.

If Sullivan continues to act the way he did when he first took the Fentanyl, then someone should figure out very quickly that he keeps getting high. 

Man, Maya's father was a cliche: "You need to always win." Asshole wasn't he. The dinner scene was just painful and hard to watch. As much as I have been enjoying the flashbacks with the characters, I was hoping Maya's would not be so cliched. Plus, at the beginning when the text was: "Go get them captain!" Then we saw everything, I mean apparently they have a good relationship now, or are they trying to say that Maya still seeks her father's approval? Least we now get the entire Olympic back story too. Oh, great idea doing a camping trip when over half the staff doesn't know how to camp. My wife and I were shouting for the bear to attack Eva. Tells you how horrible the story has been. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chas411 said:

Nooooo. So not only do we lose Maya/Jack but now we’re stuck with Andy/Jack again. I’m just waiting for Dean to also fall in love with her now as I think he’s the only regular male character to have avoided that so far.

That may not happen, but Dean/Vic seemed to share a couple of glances after singing that could easily be interpreted as them being interested in each other so I totally would not be shocked if they went that route by the end of the season.

34 minutes ago, readster said:

Man, Maya's father was a cliche: "You need to always win." Asshole wasn't he. The dinner scene was just painful and hard to watch. As much as I have been enjoying the flashbacks with the characters, I was hoping Maya's would not be so cliched. Plus, at the beginning when the text was: "Go get them captain!" Then we saw everything, I mean apparently they have a good relationship now, or are they trying to say that Maya still seeks her father's approval? Least we now get the entire Olympic back story too.

I didn't mind the IDEA of how Maya's father is an abusive dickhead who pushed his kids to be the best. But the execution was downright horrible and cliche. The dumping water scene? That actually worked just fine for me. It wasn't exactly subtle, but it worked. The dinner scene? Nope, not at all. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I didn't mind the IDEA of how Maya's father is an abusive dickhead who pushed his kids to be the best. But the execution was downright horrible and cliche. The dumping water scene? That actually worked just fine for me. It wasn't exactly subtle, but it worked. The dinner scene? Nope, not at all. 

Right the water or being angry at his daughter and not speaking to her at dinner, but his downright of ignoring and then demoralizing her like that. You could see he does it to everyone, especially when the brother was: "Wait you are talking to me?" Or how the mother just kind of just took it. That's verbal abuse. 

• Love 1

I really did like the duet with Vic and Miller (and also wonder if it could be a heavy-handed but still welcome pairing of those two, since I NEED them to stop this endless cross-pollinating with Grey's) ... also always welcome to hear Miller sing (I'm still one of the handful of people on earth who have never seen "Hamilton" but looking forward to seeing him in the filmed-from-original-stage-for-a-movie version). 

Agree that getting the back story on Maya's dad helped explain her but also agree it could not have been done more heavy-handedly ... also, because my memory is true swiss cheese (at least I have a medical excuse but it's still a pain in the ass), can someone tell me if the Maya-is-gay backstory is new or just revealed in this episode? I was already sweeping up the "all this is news to me" detritus from the "Probie Mateo is dyslexic AND a Dreamer" storyline on "9-1-1: Lone Star." It's like I no longer know what's old news I missed and what's a reveal anymore.

I'm starting to wonder what they're doing with Sullivan's character (I mean, I KNOW they're making him a closet maybe not so closet opioid addict ... is the leg an old injury? Compartment syndrome?). I can't help but wonder between his OBVIOUSLY being outed in an upcoming episode (most likely when he makes an error that results in a fatal or near-fatal result to a member of the squad) and the hookup of Andy and Jack which ends the Andy and Sullivan pairing, is he being written off the show? I flove Boris Kodjoe (a little bit of everything, including being the great-grandson of a holocaust concentration camp victim) and would love to see him in a role other than one that is becoming less and less appealing.  

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

. also, because my memory is true swiss cheese (at least I have a medical excuse but it's still a pain in the ass), can someone tell me if the Maya-is-gay backstory is new or just revealed in this episode? I was already sweeping up the "all this is news to me" detritus from the "Probie Mateo is dyslexic AND a Dreamer" storyline on "9-1-1: Lone Star." It's like I no longer know what's old news I missed and what's a reveal anymore.

Maya is bisexual; I think that was revealed...maybe last season? Maybe in season 1? I remember there was a plot in season 2 where Maya and Jack were competing to get a number from some woman. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, anna0852 said:

Maya has been bisexual since the beginning. Like episode 1.

So either my memory is really bad or the show has not shoved this down our throat and possibly both are true (I know the first one is) ... I very much adored Hima (is that the right name for her track teammate?) ... would not mind at all if they brought her back in the present day. 

8 hours ago, PamelaMaeSnap said:

So either my memory is really bad or the show has not shoved this down our throat and possibly both are true (I know the first one is) ... I very much adored Hima (is that the right name for her track teammate?) ... would not mind at all if they brought her back in the present day. 

They haven't shoved it down our throats, but they've definitely shown her with women. When she hooked up with Jack, I was confused because I thought she was just gay and not bisexual. It's been a long time since last season though, I don't blame you for not remembering things. 

Maya's dad was pretty awful though. I know you need to be strict to win a gold medal, but he seemed to be awful to her brother too.

Does anyone know when this show filmed? With all the ridiculous crossovers, it seems like they must be filming at the same time as the latest Grey's episodes. But I guess that means Station 19 started late because of when they premiered.

• Love 2

And this week in "these people seriously need to do an aura cleanse around their station because they picked up the Greys hospital curse of constantly being in mortal danger in increasingly bizarre ways" we get a bear attack! Our team ends their trip in classic "Exit, pursued by a bear" style. 

So we get Maya backstory, which was desperately needed considering how unlikable she has become this season, and...its pretty much what you expected. Super intense abusive "WIN AT ALL COST" dad, like this guy is related to Andy's dad from Breakfast Club, who just will not tolerate losers in this family! Its not a bad backstory, but every part of it was so over the top and on the nose, that it felt kind of paint by numbers. Really, its probably not any more melodramatic than Jacks backstory last week, but that backstory worked better for me, probably because it wasn't totally obvious, but it does explain a lot about him. This is pretty much exactly what I have assumed would be Mayas backstory, and the high drama just made everything feel less engaging. During that dinner, he might have well have been twirling his mustache and cackling evilly, and while there are certainly people like that in real life (sadly) it kind of takes me out of the story when you can see the writers shouting "See? This is why Maya is such a hardass!" in our faces. I wonder what happened to her brother, who seemed to be completely ignored except as a cautionary tale of failure for Maya or to make her feel worse. 

Andy and Jack again? I dont see this ending well, but its certainly better than jack sleeping with his co-workers shit stirring wife. Its a really bad look on him, and at least maybe this will lead to Andy having a few more emotions other than pissed. 

• Love 4

Man.. Andy makes it tough to wanna root for her.. Her whole other was promised to me/ I earned this spiel sounded so tone-deaf to me... Like Maya didn't earn it and like she said she wanted it and went after it.. She blew up a pretty stable and  functional thing in pursuit of it.. And Andy had the Gall to complain about Maya and Jack.. When she just hooked up with dude... Like ugh... 

Montgomery and Pilar... Woof that was rough but nicely done.. Ms. Rashes did a great job doing just voice work 

• Love 4

I have no sympathy for Rigo choosing to stay with Eva. She tells Rigo who she hooks up with, he gets mad and  beats the guy up? He must have beaten half the population of men in Seattle.

Anyway, why is Rigo still here? He was subbing for Andy during her week away. Go back to your old shift.

No "off limits" or "keep quiet" signs in the dispatch area? Montgomery should have used a fire extinguisher on the kids making noise while he was trying to answer a call. 

This was the first time I really felt bad for Andy. 

For a moment, I thought Pllar was at home with her feet up warm, calling Montgomery to say she was stuck in the snow.

I would loved to have known how close those first responders were to Pilar. Seems they gave up quickly.

After hearing amputate, I don't blame Jeff at all for locking the door.

Jack's face healed pretty quick.

That's the best medical advice Maya's friend could give? If that didn't work she would have suggested for JJ to eat some of Miller's chilli with added extra pepper to get the baby moving.

I like Rose.

For Pruitt's last act before he dies, he should tell Maya she didn't really earn the position.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 5

Yeah I really hope Maya finds out she was only promoted because Pruitt tanked Andy. 

I feel so bad for Jack. Eva was clearly playing a game and doesn't care who gets hurt. Jack came clean, took his beating and now is gonna get frozen out. I don't think the cheating is okay, at all but damn.

I knew Andy was gonna crack. That was brutal.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, anna0852 said:

Yeah I really hope Maya finds out she was only promoted because Pruitt tanked Andy. 

I feel so bad for Jack. Eva was clearly playing a game and doesn't care who gets hurt. Jack came clean, took his beating and now is gonna get frozen out. I don't think the cheating is okay, at all but damn.

I knew Andy was gonna crack. That was brutal.

I do feel back for Jack too, especailly when he said: "I deserve this." However, WHY THE HELL is Ringo still staying with her? He knows she pulls this crap and yet he acts like: "La La La my marriage is great!" He's a door stop for her. I'm sorry, you don't have kids, she has been NOW revealed to do this crap. Yet, you are staying married to her? Why? Damn bear, why didn't you take Eva out last week.

So, why are Vic and Jackson fighting? They seem to just be in an argument and no reason? Just that Vic is mad, Jackson isn't sure why. TALK VIC! Didn't Ripley dying last season teach you to you know... communicate? Poor Andy, I'm waiting for her to be on anti-depresants, seriously her becoming Captain would have had her fall into something. Now, with Ryan dead, Pruitt dying and Sully going through chronic nerve and possible addiction. I'm waiting for her to just booze herself to death. 

Yeah....what Jack did was pretty awful, but Rigo doesn't seem to give a shit that his wife is a big fat cheater. He seems to care more about who she cheats WITH...which makes him pretty awful for not just turning a blind eye, but also going to blame the men she sleeps with as the reason why his marriage is so crap. 

I think we are supposed to see Rigo as a huge piece of shit, especially with his whole "the guys at my old station liked to basically ridicule each other, so you people need to lighten up" and especially now with his whole "my wife likes to cheat and I let her, but go beat up the guys she cheats with instead of just divorcing my piece of shit wife." 

I do see some sympathy for Jack because we do know that he messed up but feels bad. I do disagree with Dean that what Jack did was "unforgiveable". Messed up and wrong, yes. Inexcusable, absolutely. But was Dean implying that he was mad enough at Jack to ruin their friendship? Because it sounds like Dean is going to hold this against Jack for a while. 

Also, maybe a tad overdramatic, but Rigo shouldn't be a firefighter if he goes around, beating guys up who slept with his wife. I just think that shows that he has a horrible temper and is emotionally reactive. Plus, this episode made me not want to see Rigo ever again.

Man, Travis wasn't having a good episode at all. First, with the noisy guests not listening when he told them to shut up, then having to hear Phylicia Rashad die on him, and then having to flashback to his homophobic parents not come to his wedding with Jonathan Bennett's Michael. 

That being said, I cannot believe they cast Jonathan Bennett as Michael. That means he'll only appear in flashbacks! Darn! 

Rose was great. I would not hate if she showed back up.

So, Andy finds out that her father is dying. I do feel bad that she had to find out that way, with Maya accidentally exposing him without knowing that she had. Pruitt's a dumbass for waiting that long. I don't give a shit if he was finding it hard to tell her; once Pruitt started telling other people, that negated his own fears. So of course Andy is upset.

However, the Andy/Maya stuff still pisses me off. Maya's being too cold about this and Andy is being too unreasonable. I don't like either of their stances on the promotion. 

JJ gives birth...I did have to laugh at Dean not being there for JJ at ALL. Like, he stayed far, far away from her at every stage. I don't even think JJ told him to stay away either. Actually, I actually did get annoyed when we kept seeing Dean not being with JJ. You'd think that he would at least want to be there, but he showed no indication that he wanted to be by JJ's side. 

• Love 3

To be fair, JJ wasn't asking for Dean. And when he was essentially kicked out, she didn't protest at all. I don't think she cared one way or the other.

I'm still on Andy's side. Regardless of who took the job, she was still screwed over. That her friend both took the job AND couldn't bother to acknowledge that Andy got screwed was just the cherry on top. I thought her point was quite reasonable. And that's before she finds out her father told Sullivan to hold her back.

Maya is a shit captain. The toilet is clogged? Grab a damn plunger yourself! And that little 'I'll be here when you calm down' speech to Andy was *the worst*. That reeked of downright condescension and dismissiveness. I wanted to take a swing at her.

Poor Travis. He has a far greater capacity for forgiveness than I do. Had my parents no-showed at my wedding we would be 1000% done.

Just now, anna0852 said:

To be fair, JJ wasn't asking for Dean. And when he was essentially kicked out, she didn't protest at all. I don't think she cared one way or the other.

That's fair, which is why I put more of the blame on Dean because he seemed quite content with not being there at all. It's not a HUGE deal but I was personally still a bit bothered by it. 

I was also a bit bothered with how they hinted at Dean/Vic getting together. Maybe I was just seeing things that weren't there...but knowing this show and Krista, I could see it happening. First, with the too-long-of-a-stare last week after they sang together, and then one of the kids mistaking Vic/Dean as a couple this episode. 

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

was also a bit bothered with how they hinted at Dean/Vic getting together.

Yeah I mean I never saw Vic/Jackson as a long haul thing.. Just cause they are in separate shows... But I don't need another pair-up in the firehouse

Re Maya and Andy.. I guess I'm just more comfortable with Maya's consistency I woulda picked her for captain anyway... Andy does let her emotion run wild.. I don't envision her making the sometimes cold-blooded decisions a fire captain has to make.. And if by chance she did.. It would haunt her... Also she's always felt privileged to me.. If things don't go her way.. There must be some larger outside reason... She usually comes Round... And she'd be my second pick for a captain on that squad.. But not 1st

1 hour ago, UNOSEZ said:

Re Maya and Andy.. I guess I'm just more comfortable with Maya's consistency I woulda picked her for captain anyway... Andy does let her emotion run wild.. I don't envision her making the sometimes cold-blooded decisions a fire captain has to make.. And if by chance she did.. It would haunt her... Also she's always felt privileged to me.. If things don't go her way.. There must be some larger outside reason... She usually comes Round... And she'd be my second pick for a captain on that squad.. But not 1st

Totally fair and correct assessment. And if Andy had been passed over for those reasons I would call her a brat for her reaction. 

My issue is that she was told she had the promotion and then had it yanked. Because her father had a chat with her boss. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Totally fair and correct assessment. And if Andy had been passed over for those reasons I would call her a brat for her reaction. 

My issue is that she was told she had the promotion and then had it yanked. Because her father had a chat with her boss. 

I get that... Andy being upset it happened makes sense.. It was her reaction.. She  called her so called best friend a sociopath and got on her for sleeping with her ex.. When she's sleeping with him again after him and Maya are done ( which prob says more about Jack then either of them.. But  that's not the issue at hand)... Her version of the truth always has to be the one they choose.. And her version seems to show her as a victim of circumstances more often than not

Somebody in that fire station should take Jack to the vet's to get shots because he's sleeping around like a hound dog.  The dude would hump a fire hydrant.  

I think JJ is annoying and I hope Dean moves on from her.  I'm sure he'll be a good father to the baby.

3 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

er version of the truth always has to be the one they choose.. And her version seems to show her as a victim of circumstances more often than not

This! I find the writing for her so Mary Sueish. Both women would make shit captains for different reasons illustrated throughout season one and two but it bugs to no end that the writing is trying To paint Andie as the Mary Sue victim who gets screwed over and Maya the out and out villain who is oh so terrible at the job. Nobody can compete against Andie because they’re always just lazily written as one who is wrong. 

• Love 4