Type keyword(s) to search

Station 19 - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

I feel like I’m in the minority with this episode, I really enjoyed it!

im still pissed off that they killed off Ripley, he was one of my favourites, but I was so pleased they finally (briefly) got Herrera and Sullivan together. I wouldn’t kick him out of bed. 

As for Ben, I literally cheered! I liked Ben a lot back when he was an anaesthesiologist, but since then they’ve sent him on some ridiculous, constant chase for ‘something better’ the guy just can’t settle and be happy with anything. And he’s pretty much the most reckless character ever to set foot in shondaland. Which makes no sense when you match it with Baileys meticulous and orderly approach to life. He’s not the yin to her yang. He’s the car crash to her existence. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Tallulah7606 said:

I feel like I’m in the minority with this episode, I really enjoyed it!

im still pissed off that they killed off Ripley, he was one of my favourites, but I was so pleased they finally (briefly) got Herrera and Sullivan together. I wouldn’t kick him out of bed. 

As for Ben, I literally cheered! I liked Ben a lot back when he was an anaesthesiologist, but since then they’ve sent him on some ridiculous, constant chase for ‘something better’ the guy just can’t settle and be happy with anything. And he’s pretty much the most reckless character ever to set foot in shondaland. Which makes no sense when you match it with Baileys meticulous and orderly approach to life. He’s not the yin to her yang. He’s the car crash to her existence. 

You're not alone, I liked it too. I actually like the series for what it is. A nighttime soap with no connection to reality, starring pretty people and fire! I'm not expecting anything else from it. I have other shows for thinking. This is brain candy.

• Love 6

I just like this show.  I am a big fan of all three firefighter dramas currently on the air. This one is more female oriented and I like the differences.

It is returning on ABC, Thursday January 23 in the 10 pm EST slot.  Can't wait!!

• Love 4

The show opens showing members exhausted and in need of sleep. Not Maya and Jack, they had plenty of energy to burn.

Did the director tell the actors to go over the top with their acting? From Bailey (with Miller) to the couple in the car to the crash victims in the bar... they were all crazy! 

Here's Sullivan (as he arrives on the scene): "All right. I want the vehicle secured and stabilized with cribbing and lifting straps right now".  And of course the vehicle falls and the wife dies. For this screw up, Sullivan better not become Battalion Chief.

I'm sure he wasn't too shook up about this mishap/death (as Montgomery was), his mind was occupied with getting back into Andy's good graces and pants!

The scenes cutting from the bar rescue then to the personal drama nonsense was a little tough to take.

I don't watch Grey's Anatomy but the doctor or intern (?) Schmidt was talking about bombs and green zones, is he fit mentally to work in a hospital?

I hope the one guy that thought it was a good idea to try to run real fast and do a flying kick to back door is not a doctor.

How convenient that a tow truck capable of lifting a cement truck just happen to show up! 

All Andy had to say to Pruitt was his "piece" didn't work! And the argument is over!

Did Pruitt/Andy's argument and "slut" comment get to Maya that lead her to breakup with Jack?

The only good advice tonight came from Andy to Sullivan: "You can transfer to another station!"

All I could think of when the car was hanging there was: this would never happen on "Cheers".

At the end there was one bar patron still drinking as if nothing happened.

How many times did we need to hear "Firehouse Baby"?

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

I hope the one guy that thought it was a good idea to try to run real fast and do a flying kick to back door is not a doctor.

Ha!  Not only is he a doctor, he's an orthopedic surgeon (so he should know better). 

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

The scenes cutting from the bar rescue then to the personal drama nonsense was a little tough to take.

That was very jarring to me, especially since they were flashbacks.  By the end of it, I was glad the firehouse romances ware going on the back burner.   I'm sure we won't be spared any UST, though!

I like Vic and Andy's talk about processing grief.

I had a REALLY good laugh at Nico jump kicking the door and immediately falling on his ass.

I wasn't that fond of seeing Andy vs Maya once again. They seem to usually have some sort of spat every couple of episodes.

I'm also not an Andy/Sullivan shipper, but it looks like they're full steam ahead, if it wasn't made obvious in the last episode.

I was questioning a lot of their methods involving the cement truck, not gonna lie.

I'm surprised they broke Maya and Jack up barely a few episodes after they officially got together. Is it because they want another Crossover Couple?

Speaking of, hi Jackson! It wasn't made obvious on Grey's in the last few episodes there, but now it's clear that you're just Vic's rebound guy from Ripley! Now, it COULD turn into something more serious, but Vic's actions and words have made it clear to me that she's not seeing anything serious with Jackson. She's still grieving from Ripley (which, thank goodness; I still miss the guy) and she's just looking for something fun with Jackson. Which I can tolerate, by the way. Her scene with Andy was well done.

Ok...Pruitt was a LITTLE bit of an ass to Andy, but he also made a good point. She needs to slow things down as well.

2 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I don't watch Grey's Anatomy but the doctor or intern (?) Schmidt was talking about bombs and green zones, is he fit mentally to work in a hospital?

That's Parker; Schmitt's the other intern who wasn't hurt and wasn't really helping all that much. But, yes, Parker's usually pretty calm, cool, and collected. They explained here that he had some sort of brain injury (I guess he got knocked back when the car came crashing through the wall) so that was affecting him. He's more competent at his job than Helm, AKA, the chick who was screaming about her hips and how she was going to die. 

As for the other couple...sorry to say that the woman who died and was driving was annoying the shit out of me. Also, woman, I know you were in shock and all, but don't use scissors to cut the TOP of the seatbelt. Also, that CPR work was atrocious, so I'm just going to assume that Ben told her to do it to get her to stop freaking out.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

I realized I had forgotten almost everything that happened last season, except for the Vic stuff since she has been on Grey's.

Weird that they broke up Maya and Jack, and I don't totally get what her motive was. 

Andy and the Captain were annoying. But, she was right to tell her father to shut up about who she sleeps with. He was being an ass to her. You'd think his cancer being back would make him be nicer to his kid.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

Weird that they broke up Maya and Jack, and I don't totally get what her motive was. 

I think her motive was what Jack said it was - promotions were coming up, and she would be going after the same promotion that he is.  I guess it would be less complicated if they weren't in a relationship. 

• Useful 1
20 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:
22 hours ago, mxc90 said:

That's Parker; Schmitt's the other intern who wasn't hurt and wasn't really helping all that much. But, yes, Parker's usually pretty calm, cool, and collected. They explained here that he had some sort of brain injury (I guess he got knocked back when the car came crashing through the wall) so that was affecting him. He's more competent at his job than Helm, AKA, the chick who was screaming about her hips and how she was going to die. 

Parker's also a military vet (Air Force, according to Grey's Wiki); the Green Zone refers to an area of Baghdad. His head injury triggered a PTSD flashback. (In the Grey's episode he disappears and is found hiding in a "bomb shelter" (aka the hospital's hyperbaric chamber).)

Edited by ams1001
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

The entire cement truck scene made zero sense.  From the inside of the bar, they said they couldn't open the door because something was wedged up against it.  Then it turns out to be a cement truck.  Why would the truck driver have pulled up that close to the side of the building that it would be alligned right up to it.  

Then, Andi gets into the driver side and Vic goes around to the side that is supposedly wedged up against the bar door, OPENS THE TRUCK DOOR  and gets in.  Well hell, if there was enough space for the truck door to open (what, two feet maybe) then there should have been the same amount of room for the bar door to open outwards.  WTF?  

Also, who pulls out a pair of scissors and cuts their belt at the neck?  You can't see what you're doing.  Instinct would have been to cut it at the waist where you can see.  But no, she has to do it up high and stab herself in the carotid.  Stupid woman.  

• Love 8
On 1/24/2020 at 7:07 PM, ams1001 said:

Parker's also a military vet (Air Force, according to Grey's Wiki); the Green Zone refers to an area of Baghdad. His head injury triggered a PTSD flashback. (In the Grey's episode he disappears and is found hiding in a "bomb shelter" (aka the hospital's hyperbaric chamber).)

Am I making this up or isn't Parker also trans?  (If so he has been a very busy person in his life.)

Edited by RoxiP
4 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

Am I making this up or isn't Parker also trans?

You are not making it up! Both the character and the actor playing him (Alex Blue Davis) are transgender.

(According to the Grey's fandom wiki page on the actor: "The role of Casey was specifically meant for a transgender actor and Casey became a male character when they chose Alex.")

• Useful 1
23 hours ago, ams1001 said:

You are not making it up! Both the character and the actor playing him (Alex Blue Davis) are transgender.

(According to the Grey's fandom wiki page on the actor: "The role of Casey was specifically meant for a transgender actor and Casey became a male character when they chose Alex.")

Thanks.  I was sure that was what I remembered as most significant about this character and yet it seemed like I was the only one.

This show. *sigh* I watch it mostly because it's on before Grey's. I can usually get into a Shonda show but like Scandal, most of these characters are just so unlikable. Andy comes across as a spoiled brat but who spoiled her? Her dad treats her like shit.  Sullivan is an ass. I liked the EMT guy but damn he's so sad. The girl banging the hot doctor is okay but in major denial. Can't remember anyone else.

Edited by thewhiteowl
Damn you, autocorrect!
On 1/25/2020 at 8:46 PM, ams1001 said:

Wait, was that the guy who saved the day on Grey’s with the cyber attack thing? I didn’t think trans people had been in the military long enough ago for that timeline to work.

Anyway, I wish someone had just answered him when he kept fretting about bombs and the green zone. How much would it take to just say, we’re in a bar in Seattle, car crash, help’s coming. 

Edited by SoMuchTV
Typo
  • Love 1
23 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Wait, was that the guy who saved the day on Grey’s with the cyber attack thing? I didn’t think trans people had been in the military long enough ago for that timeline to work.

Yeah. But we see so little of him on the show, I have no idea the character's actual history - when he was in the military, when he transitioned - I don't think they've told us. (Though reality isn't generally an obstacle on shows like this, either, so who knows.....).

23 minutes ago, SoMuchTV said:

Anyway, I wish someone had just answered him when he kept fretting about bombs and the green zone. How much would it take to just say, we’re in a bar in Seattle, car crash, help’s coming. 

Oh my god yes. That was bothering me so much. Every time he asked and they either ignored him or just told him to lie down...just answer his question! It may or may not have helped, given his state of mind, but jeez! I don't think they actually responded to the question until after they got to the hospital. Poor guy.

Edited by ams1001
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, ams1001 said:

I don't think they actually responded to the question until after they got to the hospital. Poor guy.

And even there they didn't .  He's in the MRI machine, says it, Teddy turns to Amelia and explains about the PTSD but doesn't answer the guy.  

• Love 2
19 hours ago, thewhiteowl said:

This show. *sigh* I watch it mostly because it's on before Grey's. I can usually get into a Shonda show but like Scandal, most of these characters are just so unlikable. Andy comes across as a spoiled brat but who spoiled her? Her dad treats her like shit.  Sullivan is an ass. I liked the EMT guy but damn he's so sad. The girl banging the hot doctor is okay but in major denial. Can't remember anyone else.

I can't stand that half this show is about half of these people dating the other half.  I know people on Shonda's shows are completely unprofessional and unrealistic, but on this show, it's too many people who are sleeping with each other.  It's work-incestuous and overdone.

• Love 4
On 1/27/2020 at 3:08 AM, SoMuchTV said:

I’ve gotta think, for anyone who watches S19 but not Grey’s (if there is such a person), these random characters must be a bit confusing. 

That would be me. I watched the first few seasons of Greys and eventually realised that I just didn’t care enough about any of the characters. I started watching Station 19 in spite of the connection and just hoped they wouldn’t have too many crossover eps. 

And yes, it was a bit confusing wondering whether people were actual regular characters or just so many potential redshirts. 

• Love 2

I watch (and enjoy) both shows so the crossover episodes are fine with me.  I don't really like where they have taken what was some promising characters (Andi especially) and turned them into women who care more about their sex lives than they do their careers.  She has been through several guys in the relatively short run of the show - the fellow firefighter (the one who is sleeping with the blonde woman now), the policeman, the captain of their station (Sullivan?) - she needs to slow her roll!

I hope Vic and Jackson are actually working towards a relationship.  I don't think she is revenge dating him to get back at Maggie - if I remember correctly she didn't know that he was dating her until after she had started being friends with Jackson.  I like her and I like that his mother thinks she is beneath him - didn't she feel the same way towards April at the beginning?

• Love 4
On 1/26/2020 at 10:08 PM, SoMuchTV said:

I’ve gotta think, for anyone who watches S19 but not Grey’s (if there is such a person), these random characters must be a bit confusing. 

'Tis! I watch on Hulu, and I've seen maybe 2 episodes of Grey's ever. I was watching the previouslies like, "Wait...when did Vic hook up with Jesse Williams? Jason George's wife was pregnant and lost the baby...when? And who are these other people at the bar?"  As the episode progressed, questions were generally answered.

I only remember the female firefighters' names.  I always have to look up the names of the male characters, heh.

On 1/23/2020 at 9:42 PM, mxc90 said:

The only good advice tonight came from Andy to Sullivan: "You can transfer to another station!"

True.  And yet, I was still rolling my eyes when earlier she said something like, "I fell in love with you, and you didn't discourage it!"  I get the power imbalance and unfair, inherent sexism that puts her career at risk.  But I mean...how did she think that was gonna work if he hadn't put a stop to their coupling? 

I don't think Vic is completely okay, but I appreciate her sentiment about leaning into grief in order to move forward.  Andi barely knows the man, and all they did was some kissing and dry humping.  Yet, she's all heartbroken.  Whatever.   Plus, for someone so sensitive about being judged who she's sleeping with, Andy certainly came off judgy about Vic and her hot doctor lover.        

I appreciate Maya being direct: "Sex was great and all, but it's time to end this. We have nothing in common and this was never going anywhere.  Friends?"  Yes, girl, cut to the quick! I don't care about...*checks imdb*...Jack, he's always come off as sort of an asshole.  He'll be alright.   

I thought the freckled firefighter entering the home of the couple from the car was more creepy than heartwarming.  Good thing the dog was friendly, I guess.

• Love 3

He has freckles?  I never noticed that...LOL!  I actually thought that was sort of sweet because he knew nobody was coming home to take care of the dog.  Hopefully it helped alleviate his (misplaced) guilt about the woman's death.

I figured she was doomed the minute she started harping on her husband about how he was going to leave her with the dog.

Edited by RoxiP
  • Love 2

I dont watch Greys, so this was pretty confusing (I have no clue who half these people are) so I had to go to the Greys Wiki to figure a lot of this out. I did used to watch Greys and kind of kept up with some of the plots for awhile (not so much now) but its good to see that the GA hospital is still under some kind of ancient death curse or something, because the employees of this hospital have the worst luck ever! Plane crashes, multiple terrible car crashes, multiple murders and shootings, they cant even get a freaking drink without something trying to kill them! These people have a higher chance of violent death than doctors in active war zones! 

Sad that Maya and Jack broke up, especially as Maya broke up with him with the emotion that people normally reserve for cancelling a crappy cell phone plan. 

So this lady crashed her car into a building, and then accidentally stabbed herself despite a firefighter being right there? Its amazing she hasn't gotten herself and other people killed before!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

So this lady crashed her car into a building, and then accidentally stabbed herself despite a firefighter being right there? Its amazing she hasn't gotten herself and other people killed before!

Haha! Well, now nobody has to worry about that anymore...on the account that she's dead...

• LOL 4

"Please hold". 911 was out to lunch and dinner this episode.

Who includes in their introduction to the new boss: "Olympian, Gold medalist"? Maya is skilled at getting her nose up both asses. She was talking to Sullivan like she will poison someone if they get in her way.

Ripley was old school?! And this guy is fresh blood? Let's see this new guy score with Vic.

Best line  from Ryan tonight: "not everything's about you Andy!"

There were fireworks going off, a fire and people were still looting (that's dedication).

With all the bickering going on at the fire scene with Maya, Jack, Vasquez and Ben not following orders and the "A Team" missing the second fireworks going off, how can Sullivan be considered for Battlion chief if he can't control this?

Of course! The shoplifter gets moved to the top of the line.

Jesse could have walked out on his own power. I was expecting him to turn out to be Chris and fake being scared the entire time to Montgomery. He kept the cheap suit without paying for it?

Surprised Milo didn't flush Ryan's badge down the toilet. 

That sucks for Ben that his friend has been in the hospital all those years. 

Why didn't Vasquez' wife say "Nice hot dog" to remind Jack before they jumped in the car? If she did, Jack probably would still jump in the car with her.

Ruby was doing the dishes dropped the glasss, tried to catch it, cut herself and somehow splattered blood all over the kitchen. Makes sense to me!

Ryan must have told the Milo a few times "he is not the bad guy", the kid wasn't trying to hear it and still wanted to shoot him. Good job Ryan for  putting "Pew Pew Pew" in the kid's head.

Who was watching the baby? Not Andy and Ryan for sure!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ryan is killed off now that Vazquez (already established his marriage is soon to be over) is introduced as a potential interest for Andy.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

This episode was a whole damn mess. There's a lot that I didn't like. It's not like I'm fully invested in this show, but...so much bothered me.

How so many of the firefighters were being bitchy while on the job...Ben disrespecting orders...mistakes made left and right. 

Maya was one of my favourites. Now, she's completely insufferable. I dislike the change that this series has made because of the change in showrunners. Maya/Jack was alright last season and they completely butchered the couple in the premiere and then had to butcher Maya by making her so incredibly cruel to Jack. I don't really care if she's overcompensating because she had feelings for Jack or if she simply only used Jack for sex and now is dumping him to get a career change. She was still very much awful. I get wanting to advance her career. Tearing into Jack in the process, even if he was also being whiny, isn't the way to do it.

Meanwhile, Jack sleeps with a married woman because his eyes were on her boobs and not the massive wedding ring on her finger.

Ben....had some interesting developments to his backstory. I guess they really wanted to explain why he's an idiot whenever he gets into danger. But...I dunno, does it fully fit with the character we've known for several seasons from both shows? Also, his friend has been in a coma for...what, 20-25 years? 

Ryan and Andy's stuff was actually tolerable, so of course, with all the blatant foreshadows with the kid fake shooting Ryan, like, three times, of course he gets shot for real!

Spoiler

And with the next episode being called Eulogy and the synopsis being about Pruitt and Andy dealing with a loss, that just means Ryan doesn't survive. Sorry Ryan! You were somewhat tolerable in this episode!

New guy Vazquez was also a negative. Yes, it's totally funny to hear these people not even playfully snark at each other, but shoot jabs at each other. None of them were funny and they all felt completely serious. 

Travis was a MAJOR highlight. I actually laughed when he was getting all the thieves out of the store. He sounded so done with everyone. Similar to the anxiety-ridden kid, who I totally thought was going to end up being the buddy who started the fireworks. Nope! It turns out it was the other guy in the box...who died? I think?

• Love 4
10 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I dont watch Greys, so this was pretty confusing (I have no clue who half these people are) so I had to go to the Greys Wiki to figure a lot of this out. I did used to watch Greys and kind of kept up with some of the plots for awhile (not so much now) but its good to see that the GA hospital is still under some kind of ancient death curse or something, because the employees of this hospital have the worst luck ever! Plane crashes, multiple terrible car crashes, multiple murders and shootings, they cant even get a freaking drink without something trying to kill them! These people have a higher chance of violent death than doctors in active war zones! 

Omg lol, funnies thing I have read in a while and somewhat very true 

• Love 1
On 1/28/2020 at 2:03 PM, RoxiP said:

He has freckles?  I never noticed that...LOL!  I actually thought that was sort of sweet because he knew nobody was coming home to take care of the dog.  Hopefully it helped alleviate his (misplaced) guilt about the woman's death.

That was Travis, right?  I never knew how freckled he was until I got a better TV a few months ago.  I really notice now (not that there's anything wrong with him or his freckles!). 

22 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Ruby was doing the dishes dropped the glasss, tried to catch it, cut herself and somehow splattered blood all over the kitchen. Makes sense to me!

And she managed to either pick up or continue to hold her baby. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Who includes in their introduction to the new boss: "Olympian, Gold medalist"? Maya is skilled at getting her nose up both asses. She was talking to Sullivan like she will poison someone if they get in her way.

I know, that was super weird. But I've never met any Olympians. Maybe they do say that? She seems to have had a personality transplant since last season. 

I thought I was being uptight because I kept thinking how they shouldn't be encouraging the little boy to play with guns, even just finger guns. 

Edited by KaveDweller
  • Love 4
56 minutes ago, Court said:

Ryan was one of the last likeable characters on this show. 

Why they have to kill him off. I mean they got rid of Ripley, who really only problem was you know, making sound human advice like get checked out by a paramedic when he took in smoke. That eventually killed him, not to mention killing Sulley's wife when he knew and was told she was allergic to the stuff he was giving her. But, oh it's better than dead and that's what killed her.

Now with Ryan, he is being calm but can't go: "If you play with that you will be hurt like mommy." Not to mention after hearing that her ex husband was crazy, they didn't think about a gun?

• Love 2

I have never been a big fan of Ryan, but I didnt want him to get killed off, especially like this. Lady, maybe dont leave a loaded gun laying around in your house where your freaking toddler can get it? Just an idea? 

So the new head honcho will be our new asshole, the kind of asshole who will tell Sullivan, one of Ripley's friends, that he and the brass were secretly thrilled that Ripley died because he didnt do enough press conferences. So its gonna be like that with this guy, alright. 

Maya has always been ambitious, and I always liked that about her, but she was never a push other people down on the way to the top" type, until now apparently. I seem to remember that, while she and Jack were never super serious, they did have some emotional moments, it wasnt just random sex where they never even made eye contact or spoke, so her dumping him with the empathy and understanding of human responses of HAL 9000. Its cool if she isnt into him anymore, but she is being so crappy to everyone now, its just hard to feel sympathy. Hi, I am a gold medalist, a fact that has never been mentioned before, but this seems like a way in which Huuumaaans speak!

Ben gets some backstory, as well as career change number seven hundred! 

• Love 4

So I finally got a chance to watch the season premire. I know I'm in the minority but Iike Andy. I feel really bad for her. Sullivan was clearly encouraging and participating in their thing. After the tacit approval for Vic and Ripley (the freaking department chief!), why would Andy think there'd be problem with Sullivan. Don't get me started on how her father spoke to her. 

I watch 9-1-1 as well and a big part me wants to see Andy quit, take off for LA and join the 118. I think she'd like having a good captain and genuinely nice coworkers for a change. Disney owns ABC and Fox. It could happen 😁

On 2/4/2020 at 7:46 PM, anna0852 said:

After the tacit approval for Vic and Ripley (the freaking department chief!),

I don't know how this goes in real life, but within the show logic, I assumed that Vic not being a direct report of Ripley's made a difference.  Plus, Vic wasn't up for a promotion that I can recall. 

I still like Maya.  I don't care about Jack, and I was actively rooting for Andi's temporary replacement to punch him in his boy band face.  I never cared about their pairing, but I had forgotten the show went out of its way to establish their "deeper" connection last season.  Which went the way of Travis' arrest - the place where it doesn't serve the current plot, so it's forgotten. 

Grateful that the episode had all the male firefighters introduce themselves to the new chief. I think I'll remember their names now.  Fingers crossed.      

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 1

I'm gonna say it again:

Andy, move to LA. Station 118 would treat you a thousand times better. A captain who cares and actively supports his crew. And a wildly less toxic work atmosphere. 

Take Dean and Travis with you. Maybe Vic, if she promises to drop Jackson.

Edited by anna0852

Wow, poor Andy.  I normally find her annoying, but she's having a really bad week/month. And she doesn't even know about her father dying yet (although I'm assuming he won't). Her father was being an asshole to keep her from getting a job, but he's still her dad.

If Maya is really ready to be captain she should have had the guts to tell Andy herself.

• Love 6

Didn't take long to let us know Ryan's outcome. And he didn't get to tell Andy. Such a shame.

What's with the chief's basketball comment? He should have been whacked in the head with ping pong paddle. But as long as Ben needs him, he has to hold back.

Jack had no shame and bangs Vazquez' wife in the firehouse. When it finally comes to blows, I hope their fist fight is epic!

Does anyone on this show take orders. Vazquez actions and bickering with Jack made him fit right in with this group.

Oh great! Sullivan was made battlion chief and decides he needs to stay at 19 with his bum leg!

As Sullivan was lying there screaming in pain, did the tech really need to ask if he was Ok? 

Pruitt with that bad dye job. LOL

I think the bridal shop owner was willing to yank the dress of the girl as she was lying on the stretcher and let her go to the hospital in her undies.

Of course the father had to be sacrificed to provided Ben more incentive for his cause. And it paid off (I think). Ben got at least a slight grin out of the chief. Small victories.

Oh no! Andy didn't make captain by request of her father. Now she's really going to cry. So what is Pruitt's plan by doing this? Andy is now going to be jealous of Maya. Pruitt should know by now  Andy will never be happy or satisfied.

Maya seemed shocked she was promoted. She didn't have faith in her "brown nosing" skills?

• Love 4
11 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Oh no! Andy didn't make captain by request of her father. Now she's really going to cry. So what is Pruitt's plan by doing this? Andy is now going to be jealous of Maya. Pruitt should know by now  Andy will never be happy or satisfied.

Maya seemed shocked she was promoted. She didn't have faith in her "brown nosing" skills?

Yeah, that's the problem, every time Pruit talks about how this is going to "Help" Andy it ALWAYS backfires. I also like how in the flashback when Ryan and her were 20, he took the door off her door. Because you know, he's traditional and people in their 20s don't have sex *eye roll*. Oh look: "I can't be behind a desk!" Plus, the new Chief is talking about his job isn't as great as everyone thinks. So, how did Ripley last so many years? He made constant bad decisions in the field and never ONCE said how bad it was. Only: "Hey I know better." When clearly he didn't. Least with the new one, he is willing to listen to new ideas. 

• Love 1
19 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I think the bridal shop owner was willing to yank the dress of the girl as she was lying on the stretcher and let her go to the hospital in her undies.

Wouldn't that bridal shop owner have had insurance that would cover the loss of that dress and any others? People on TV never seem to have insurance.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Wouldn't that bridal shop owner have had insurance that would cover the loss of that dress and any others? People on TV never seem to have insurance.

I remember over 10 years ago they had medical shows where they had patients that had no insurance, but were owning $3K in clothes and living in $3K apartments, but medical insurance? No, what was that.

• Love 1

I was never really a big fan of Ryan, but it sucks that they had to kill him off, especially in such a tragic accident. Also not always a big fan of Andy, but I do feel bad for her. She is having an absolutely awful time of it lately, and she doesent even know that her father is dying and lying to her about it! 

Maya has been going on and on about what an awesome captain she would be and how much she wants her career to move up, but she hasn't exactly been impressing me with her leadership skills lately. She could have been upfront with Andy, but she just scuttled off. She also seems to have no idea how to interact with people in a empathetic way or to read people. 

Sullivan continues his new career track/pet project number nine billion. Also, I am going to have to go back to the Greys Wiki again arent I? Because I haven't watched in years, and beyond a reference to Meredith and seeing Bailey a few times I have no clue who any of these people are that are showing up or being referenced. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, readster said:

I remember over 10 years ago they had medical shows where they had patients that had no insurance, but were owning $3K in clothes and living in $3K apartments, but medical insurance? No, what was that.

I wasn't even thinking medical insurance, I meant property insurance, or whatever the equivalent of home owners insurance would be for a business. They have her risking her life to save a bunch of dresses, but surely that would be covered financially. Why do something so stupid?

• Love 1