Type keyword(s) to search

Station 19 - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

So, first episode back after a long break and I honestly forgot about a lot of the cliffhangers.

I guess it made sense for them to skip ahead four months. It seems like they did anticipate a later hiatus than Greys when they filmed this episode.

A lot of heavy stuff for Andy to deal with: a paralyzed Sullivan and a dying patient, and Super Andy needed to perform various tasks. It does suck that the patient died, but she did everything she could do....literally, everything. Unless she gained Superman powers and could fly the patient out of there, she really should be proud of what she did accomplish. 

Ah, damn. I remember we were speculating about Jack potentially having BPD, and it looks like it's just regular ole PTSD...maybe? He's still not sleeping and I'm not sure whether that's entirely because he just is pissy at Dean or not, but I thought BPD would have been a more interesting take. I'm still hoping that maybe firefighter therapist woman missed the signs. I mean, c'mon. Jack's inability to sleep, his irratibility, and his rearranging furniture and acting manic can't be just PTSD related, right? I'll hold out hope until the moment they tell us Jack's all good and over his issues....I guess once he makes up with Dean. But yeah, probably a lost cause and he's probably gonna be ok. 

Travis and his boyfriend broke up. I don't even really remember the guy from before the hiatus, so....good riddance? 

Vic and Ripley are still secretly boning each other, even after four months. Guess they really want that secret to come out onscreen eventually. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Andy is truly blessed. How did she come through that fall with just a cut over the eye brow???!!! From that distance all three should be dead. In the end, she gets a medal and a great apartment.

"All hands on deck" and acting Captain Herrera benches two people! 

If the communications aren't working, shouldn't there be a back up plan (can't have a fire house grounded)?

So the HQ radios are now working, should Andy's radio be able to contact HQ when she was outside or was she too far?

The show didn't do a good job building up/executing this major "Wind Storm" to the city. The fire fighters had one call from last episode and they were back at the house for a big feast, petty talk and an intervention ( with no Sopranos style beating).

It's been 4 months, who is captain while Sullivan is out (I missed it)? Pruitt?

The group probably haven't seen Sullivan for a while and instead of greeting him nicely (ending the show on a good vibe) they instantly turn to stares and curious, shady looks at him and Andy. 

Last season, Ben gave this big passionate speech about wanting to be a fire fighter and now is ready to give it up?

Andy must have been concussed from the fall and hitting her head on the rock, should she been in the helicopter (at a high altitude)?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Last season, Ben gave this big passionate speech about wanting to be a fire fighter and now is ready to give it up?

LOL, at least it's in character. Ben has changed jobs every couple of years, so I was waiting for him to be ready to quit yet again.

4 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

"All hands on deck" and acting Captain Herrera benches two people! 

And the person he trusts to watch Jack loses him in about 2 seconds after the entire team leaves. Good going, Travis!

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And the person he trusts to watch Jack loses him in about 2 seconds after the entire team leaves. Good going, Travis!

Ha Ha! You're right! That was a fast exit from Jack Flash. Poor Travis had to call his cell in the next scene. He was probably in the next room.

15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

LOL, at least it's in character. Ben has changed jobs every couple of years, so I was waiting for him to be ready to quit yet again.

I am not familiar with his job jumpings. Where will he go next? Maybe there will be an upcoming "Post Office" show and he'll be nice and safe.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, mxc90 said:

The group probably haven't seen Sullivan for a while and instead of greeting him nicely (ending the show on a good vibe) they instantly turn to stares and curious, shady looks at him and Andy. 

I thought that was really weird as well.. I know he was prickly.. But they seemed to at least respect him.. And bishop was fond of him for the moat part... So I'm thinking some stuff has happened in the last four months that we'll become privy to that may explain all them looks.. Maybe a tryst or some heavy flirting that the house sawbor heard about... Because bishop went straight to the cop guy when Andy and Sullivan walked away and she seemed to be consoling him

• Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, UNOSEZ said:

I thought that was really weird as well.. I know he was prickly.. But they seemed to at least respect him.. And bishop was fond of him for the moat part... So I'm thinking some stuff has happened in the last four months that we'll become privy to that may explain all them looks.. Maybe a tryst or some heavy flirting that the house sawbor heard about... Because bishop went straight to the cop  guy when Andy and Sullivan walked away and she seemed to be consoling him

With Sullivan's injuries, I really thought the character wasn't going to be seen again and we were going to get a new captain.

(With this show) I can see tryst scenario happening. I hope it doesn't take many episodes to drag out the reveal. 

If Sullivan/Andy had a tryst, she might have put him back in the hospital (she would need to be real gentle with his fragile spine). Also, if the entire house and Ryan are giving them stares.....they didn't keep it a secret (like the chief and Vic).

(Less likely) Maybe the odd stares were for him giving the group (except Bishop and Andy) bad performance reviews and they didn't get pay raises.

(Less likely) Maybe Andy put in her candidacy for the captain position and he doesn't know and rest of the house are aware/think it's awkward he's there.

BTW - Andy is a some host. She has guests and her father in her apartment and she's hooking up with Ryan in the bedroom.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2

I’m only at the beginning of season two as it’s just started on Sky but is there anyone actually more self absorbed then Andy. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her have a conversation with ANYONE and not make it all about her. No wonder her and Maya aren’t getting along.

• Love 2

I didn't realize this was back so I just watched it. Not a bad start to the second half of the season. I felt for Andy losing the patient and Sullivan being seriously hurt, at least he was walking with the cane at the end.

I like Andy and Ryan as a couple, but they are just a mess. Vic and Lucas aren't much better as she refuses to commit to him.

I share Ben's happiness at his reunion with Miranda and am cool with him returning to surgery and Grey's Anatomy.

I will miss Grant. I thought he was a good guy. 

I don't get the reaction to Sullivan's arrival. I would have thought that they would put up a fake warm greeting even thought he was an ass and no one liked him.

• Love 2

Everyone starring at Sullivan was super awkward at the end, like the guy who ate the last sandwich that was saved for the guy in the office who just got a cancer diagnosis just showed up asking if anyone had another sandwich for him. Yeah its a weird situation, as they couldn't stand the guy and he has now been seriously injured, but I would expect more of a big fake hello than the record scratch. 

• Love 4

I was beginning to wonder if capturing fugitives was not high on the police's list of things to do. 

I forget: does Pruitt still have cancer or did it magically disappear?

Ryan and his father story line is boring. Please! Someone arrest him or I would like to make a tv viewer's arrest.

Andy made Ryan look like a fool in the Aid car telling him what to do with the woman.

If Gibson is so angry at Miller, why is he still living with him? I guess the lake view is too much to pass up and leave!

Pruitt was a little harsh on Sullivan and now Oscar mentions he was a hard ass. I guess we are in store for a major Sullivan "personality makeover/overhaul"!

How did Sullivan's little "family" speech work? The chief is gullible for being talked into so easy (I guess Vic scrambled his brain (no pun)).

Maya should go to Station 23. With Sullivan, Jack and Andy in house, she will never be out from under their shadows.

Will Miranda's blood pressure spike if Ben joins Medic One?

Yeah! Right! That money is clean!

Sullivan: Do you want to play some chess?
Oscar: Do I look like I can sashay over to the table?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 4
11 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Pruitt was a little harsh on Sullivan and now Oscar mentions he was a hard ass. I guess we are in store for a major Sullivan "personality makeover/overhaul"!

Pretty much, but if Sullivan is sticking around, he really WILL need a change in his personality. He was right, but also very much a hardass in the first half of this season. This seems to be on the road to softening him up a bit, which is good.

I did laugh when Travis realized that Vic's dating Ripley. 

So, Jack's still pissy at Dean for...being concerned? Eh, don't care about Jack's feelings toward Dean.

I'm really not caring about Ryan and his dad's story. Can his dad just take off and leave now?

I know that Maya needs to technically stay at Station 19 because she's a main cast member and it would separate her too much if she's at another station, but for the character herself, she's much better off at Station 23, where she's not the third ranking Lieutenant below Andy and Jack.

So, Pruitt suggests for Ben to go to Medic One. New spinoff? Seriously, I do highly doubt Ben is going to leave, but maybe they will. 

• Love 2
On 3/15/2019 at 10:28 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Pretty much, but if Sullivan is sticking around, he really WILL need a change in his personality. He was right, but also very much a hardass in the first half of this season. This seems to be on the road to softening him up a bit, which is good.

I hope his transformation isn't quickly done (first step with Maya went well). I would like to see some more "tests" on his ascension to "mister nice guy"...

1. Oscar takes advantage of his personal phone number, calls him at 10:00 pm to come over, make him a sandwich and play chess all night. Then ask if he could look at his car engine again, borrow money for gas/ 4 new tires. Will Sullivan say "Oh! Hell No!"/ hang up the phone or remember Pruitt's speech/his promise and begrudgingly go over?

2. If one of the fire fighters makes a minor mistake (shoes not polished to his liking or forgot to buy an item on the grocery list). Let's see how he handles the situation.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:28 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I did laugh when Travis realized that Vic's dating Ripley.

Me too. It would have been epic if he had fallen off the bike.

Now that Ripley knows Vic told her friend in the station, how will he treat her now? That next phone call to his sister will not be pleasant.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, mxc90 said:

Now that Ripley knows Vic told her friend in the station, how will he treat her now? That next phone call to his sister will not be pleasant.

I don't think he does know she told her friend in the station. She said she told her best friend and he joked about who that was, but then added that he knew she wouldn't really tell anyone in the department. Then he walked away and she got a "oops" look on her face. I'm not sure why Vic couldn't see the different between him telling his non firefighter sister and her telling their shared colleagues. 

Although technically she didn't tell anyone, Travis figured it out because of how Ripley  got close to her on the bike. 

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I don't think he does know she told her friend in the station. She said she told her best friend and he joked about who that was, but then added that he knew she wouldn't really tell anyone in the department. Then he walked away and she got a "oops" look on her face. I'm not sure why Vic couldn't see the different between him telling his non firefighter sister and her telling their shared colleagues. 

Although technically she didn't tell anyone, Travis figured it out because of how Ripley  got close to her on the bike. 

Yes. Thanks for the clarification.

She did say to Travis: Jack knows about her and the chief.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, mxc90 said:

I hope his transformation is quickly done (first step with Maya went well). I would like to see some more "tests" on his ascension to "mister nice guy"...

1. Oscar takes advantage of his personal phone number, calls him at 10:00 pm to come over, make him a sandwich and play chess all night. Then ask if he could look at his car engine again, borrow money for gas/ 4 new tires. Will Sullivan say "Oh! Hell No!"/ hang up the phone or remember Pruitt's speech/his promise and begrudgingly go over?

2. If one of the fire fighters makes a minor mistake (shoes not polished to his liking or forgot to buy an item on the grocery list). Let's see how he handles the situation.

Yeah, it's great character progression on Sullivan. Even why he pretty much decided to return to Seattle, because he pretty much had life after his wife died. Seeing him find that Station 19 is a family that shouldn't be taken apart. I also like that Pruitt, also saw that with him gone and even his original plan to try and have the station be unified if neither Andy or Dean were captain backfired on him. I do wish, that Ripley would have this sit down and go: "So, why did you never want to be section captain or chief?" "A few years ago you were kicking my ass on being more professional about things." 

• Love 3

I didn't hate this episode, despite the idiocy of the chief dating a subordinate and not ackowledging he had to self-report it. I am also over everything related to the hothead PTSD guy. I think they are setting Andi up for a relationship with the captain.

• Love 3

Just finished the episode where the captain says he’s going to get to know Andy as she’s the glue for all station 19 and had to laugh. I don’t see her this way at all. She has no idea what’s going on with any of them and rarely spends time with them with the exception of maya who she uses as a sounding board for her all her men problems. They all seems a lot closer to each other then they are to her so glue was a bit of a stretch.

I wish they’d get rid of Ryan - he’s such a spoiled man child.

• Love 8

Andy is off doing her own stuff so often, that she hardly even bothers with leading the team. Maya seems to be a better leader than she is, as she actually listens to people every one in awhile. Andy is so "Dont play by no ones rules" that it makes it hard for her to really enforce said rules the way a captain would have to.

I kind of like new more chilled out Sullivan though. I guess a near death experience and almost losing your career and ability to walk in one day will do that to a person. 

Travis almost fell off that bike when he realized who Vic has been hooking up with!

• Love 3

I know it was a "throw away scene" but in a workplace, shouldn't Andy lock the door to the shower (especially when outsiders like Kathleen can just walk in and roam).

Second test on Sullivan's road to redemption: helping the fellas paint and loosen them up with dance moves (You will get there Sully! You looked goofy but I have faith!)

It's bothersome to see time wasted: the call for the aid car comes in, Jack and Maya waste time talking about who will drive. The aid car is parked behind the truck, so time is further wasted to back out from the rear of the house.

Why send two people to tend to a "boo boo" call in a train tunnel? Dispatch has to know there are many people on a train, at least send a few more.

When did Station 19 earn their legendary status? Not with this current staff.

As lieutenant, Jack should have been aware of the outbreak advisory. Score one for Maya!

What a disaster! Why is CDC 30 minutes away? Where were the other fire house's aid cars to assist? Andy and the others didn't know about the outbreak until the tv news report? 

Was this a "recruitment episode" to get more women fire fighters or an endorsement for rice?

Poor Neil, gives up his seat many times and she never once said "thanks". She knows his name, sees him many times but doesn't know if he is married!!??

Nice to see Jack rise to the occasion (in the train car and in the shower). 

Andy! Your childhood home is getting sold. Get over it! Kathleen needs to know she is no role model!

I'm sure the asshole executive will win his lawsuit. Is the security guard allowed to walk around with a taser away from his job?

Does Ryan have any police work to do?

With Kathleen's introduction, I wonder if someone is leaving?

Edited by mxc90
1 hour ago, mxc90 said:

With Kathleen's introduction, I wonder if someone is leaving?

I definitely feel like someone is leaving. I can't decide who it is, though. Either Ben is actually going to Medic One, Maya's actually leaving for Station 23, or Vic's leaving after she's caught with Ripley and has to transfer. I don't know which one, but I don't THINK they'll bring on Kathleen and not get rid of someone. However, I guess it's possible with Maya having been promoted. It already feels like the station has a lot of people, though.

I liked all of the train stuff. There was a lot of stilted dialogue and awkward acting from some of the passengers, but I was actually interested in what was going on. Plus, Maya/Jack! I had a feeling from the midseason premiere that they could hook up.

Maya rocked her role in keeping things calm (no, Jack; she definitely needed to step in), and I'm glad Jack stepped it up. 

I feel bad for Sullivan because he's really trying to connect, but I get why everyone is so wary of it. I'd probably be wary too. I'm glad him and Travis kind of connected, but the dance scene was weird. They may be going too fast on his redemption. 

The other stuff? Meh. 

• Love 4

That was the dumbest thing that Ryan could possibly have done, looking up police records for Pruitt.  That's a felony, and departments do prosecute it in order to maintain at least some semblance of public trust. 

I don't know about the executive and his lawsuit.  They could threaten him with a felony charge (true or not) of attempting to spread a communicable disease and said the security guard save untold numbers of people by his actions, just to get him to drop the lawsuit.

Kathleen just started the academy so she wouldn't show up for several weeks, at least not in real time.  This show plays long and loose with reality, though.  I'd bet on Ben, though, since he wants out of there. Neither Maya nor Jack should leave, as this is Shondaland, and it is contractually obligated that at least one couple engage in completely inappropriate sex on occasion without any repercussions.

• Love 4

I liked the train stuff, even if some of the dialogue was rather stilted and the other people were pretty broadly written, especially asshole business guy. He probably could try and sue the security guy, but then he would also have to explain how he tried to leave a CDC quarantine and put countless lives at stake so he could go to some meeting, so he would probably drop it pretty quickly. 

I already like Maya/Jack way more than I ever liked Andy/Jack. 

Sullivan trying to invite himself to hang out with the guys was so cringy and awkward, but I am glad it worked out. He is trying so hard to reach out, but I dont blame the guys for being wary. Yeah, near death experience and all that, but this is the guy who, not too long ago, spent every day at their station lecturing them on how much they suck.

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Reality police said:

When the shift was over where were the next shift?

Something that has always intrigued me is where does everyone park their vehicles (carpools noted)? Engine has four people, Truck has four people, Squad had four people, Ambo has two, plus BC and admin staff in the front.  That's a lot of vehicles.  True, the admin staff goes home every night, but there's two shifts of firefighters alternating.  That means maybe 10-14 cars per shift, so somebody has to park elsewhere until space is available after shift change.

ETA:  I was confusing this with Chicago Fire, but the basic premise still stands.  They need a lot of space.

Edited by Dowel Jones
Spatial disorientation
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I already like Maya/Jack way more than I ever liked Andy/Jack. 

Getting Jack away from Andy was the best thing they could have done for his character this year. Now it’s just Ryan stuck with her and I don’t like him anyway so can just ff through their scenes.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SimoneS said:

I am confused. Maya has been a lesbian since the show started. Is she now bisexual?

I thought it was mentioned last season she was bi.

It looked like Sullivan punched Ben out of anger when he saw Ripley. If Sullivan wanted a real sparring partner, the woman having seizures would have been a good match. She gave Vic a good whack!

The person walked in far enough to leave the baby on the floor and no one's at the front desk to notice.

That RV had to be going at an incredible speed to make it that far in the station and cause that damage. Or is the station made of cheap material?  

Elle causes damage/destruction every where she goes. She must be a mutant.

How did Jack get Miller's family to come over? I'm sure the mother would have found a problem with his invitation or grammar over the phone and declined.

This show has an amazing way to throw in stupid soap opera dialogue during action scenes.

The fire fighters better hurry and take advantage of Sullivan's "niceness". He is saying "yes" to everything. Borrow some money/promise to never repay or request days off.

Could Pruitt have washed out the mug first? 

Ryan will find a way to mess up and lose Jenna and Andy.

Vic shouldn't worry about Ripley and just move on.

The baby was the best actor tonight.

By next week, miraculously all damages to the house and vehicles will be repaired and good as new.

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 3

Thanks @mxc90. I didn't realize that she was bi since I only saw her with women. 

Usually enjoy this show for what it is, but I felt mostly bored and annoyed. I think 9-1-1 has spoiled me. I expect ridiculous rescues with good acting now. Oh well, hopefully the Orville will be back soon.

• Love 1

Just where is Station 19 located such that the nearest aid car/ambulance is 30 minutes away?  And what contract does that private car have that allows them to decline patients based on their company policy?  And yet, when they're ready to transport Ellie, Aid 19 is suddenly ready.

Feel the burn, Jack.  "Firefighting may be good for you", she said, "You're young, with few prospects ahead of you."

No one smelled the propane leaking out of the RV?  A little preventive measures would have gone a long way there, especially since an explosion of that size would have scorched everyone's lungs and skin, and broken every window in the fire house. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Just where is Station 19 located such that the nearest aid car/ambulance is 30 minutes away?  And what contract does that private car have that allows them to decline patients based on their company policy?  And yet, when they're ready to transport Ellie, Aid 19 is suddenly ready.

Feel the burn, Jack.  "Firefighting may be good for you", she said, "You're young, with few prospects ahead of you."

No one smelled the propane leaking out of the RV?  A little preventive measures would have gone a long way there, especially since an explosion of that size would have scorched everyone's lungs and skin, and broken every window in the fire house. 

This also proved that Ripley sucks as chief: "I hope there isn't a lot of structural damage." I also wanted to go: "Check for leaks, it's a propane RV. The mother seizing was a problem, because my wife has epilepsy and this woman was in like double grand mal seizures that was so big they had to go through the neck and also then later the bone to get her to stop. The policy for the ambulance was complete crap. Yes, they can't get her to the hospital until she is considered stabled, but you can't just say: "We can't it's against policy." That's full BS. Of course Ryan would screw things up with Andy, he's Ryan, he stole cars, got bailed out by Praitt and then ended up a cop. He might have stopped breaking the law, but can't use common sense. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, SimoneS said:

Thanks @mxc90. I didn't realize that she was bi since I only saw her with women. 

Usually enjoy this show for what it is, but I felt mostly bored and annoyed. I think 9-1-1 has spoiled me. I expect ridiculous rescues with good acting now. Oh well, hopefully the Orville will be back soon.

I know it's been answered but even the pilot they said Bishop was bi.

This show will never be must watch for me but I still enjoy it.

18 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

God, Millers mom and Athena's mom from 911 should get together and go bowling. 

Breakfast Club for the win.

• Love 3
(edited)

I wonder how long it's been since the RV crash and repairs to the station/trucks. Going by the dialogue, it seems like a few days.

That's all it took to get sent home? They should be sneezing every other month.  

Next stop on Sullivan's road to "letting his hair down": Laugh at Andy's dumb story.

A blown tire and that minivan crashed like it was in the Daytona 500. And that couple survived and still settled to name the baby Blueberry?! The crash did knock any sense in them. Poor kid will be teased!

Give Vic credit, she had all the all the emergency equipment in her trunk.

How did the fire not reach the minivan? Did the husband tell the fire to "stay"and it obeyed his command! Good fire!

Why is Pruitt running to the police station to tell Ryan his problems? Oh! Let's mention "Andy" in front of Jenna to spark a rivalry/jealousy. Also, let's have Jenna mark her territory and declare her goal to be the best second date. The writers can do better!

Too bad Ryan and Jenna aren't out patrolling to stumble across the crash site but priorities comes first: they must plan their second date. I guess the police department doesn't have dating drama unlike the fire department.

Surprised Ripley and Vic didn't bang in the ambulance. Does Ripley have any other houses to visit? He might as well call Station 19: HQ.

That's a quick flight to Hawaii! At least Pruitt didn't seek Andy's approval and went directly on the trip. Good for him!

Andy was so annoying this episode. Wait until she finds out about Jack and Maya. She may have a panic attack.

The driver that sped by Vic must have been Ripley's sister.

After all those years, Sullivan and Ripley never talked out about the his wife?

Edited by mxc90
  • Love 1

I know I will get ridiculed but I love Ripley and Vic. I fell in love with Brett Tucker on McLeod's Daughters ages ago. I think she is cute and funny as Hell. Ripley needs that. Wish their romance was under better conditions. 

I don't think Pruit went to Hawaii, I think they are in a themed bar. We'll see next week!

Jack and Maya, jury still out. 

I like Dean's sister, she keeps him off balance. I like it. 

Overall pretty good episode. 

th (12).jpeg

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I know I will get ridiculed but I love Ripley and Vic. I fell in love with Brett Tucker on McLeod's Daughters ages ago. I think she is cute and funny as Hell. Ripley needs that. Wish their romance was under better conditions. 

I don't think Pruit went to Hawaii, I think they are in a themed bar. We'll see next week!

Jack and Maya, jury still out. 

I like Dean's sister, she keeps him off balance. I like it. 

Overall pretty good episode.

I don't mind them (that much) either but slowly the news is getting around, he will panic and leave her.

I thought Real Estate Reggie mention a 7:45 flight to Hawaii after talking about going to Oregon. She doesn't have houses to sell instead of going on trips?

• Love 1
51 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

I don't mind them (that much) either but slowly the news is getting around, he will panic and leave her.

I thought Real Estate Reggie mention a 7:45 flight to Hawaii after talking about going to Oregon. She doesn't have houses to sell instead of going on trips?

She did mention the flight. I just think we are being tricked by the preview. 

7 minutes ago, Reality police said:

She did mention the flight. I just think we are being tricked by the preview. 

Could be, otherwise kinda quick to book the flight and hotel, get out to Sea/Tac and take what I believe is a 4-5 hour flight.  Plus, I think she mentioned one of the other islands other than Oahu/Honolulu.  I think Delta and maybe Alaska or Hawaiian fly SEA-HNL, I don't know about the other islands, would probably require a connection at HNL, which adds another hour or so.

• Love 1

Is Seattle that densely forested that a 12 minute drive from any hospital puts you so far out in the woods that only one car passes by in 30 minutes?

I realize that it's obligatory for these shows to have their characters speak under stress at 60mph with occasional gusts to 75, but Vic could have done a lot better by maintaining a low monotone with few words and command phrases.  That calms the patient down and makes everyone's job easier.  She did well with the egg analogy.

I really respect those firefighters for their willingness to do some dirty work (painting, engine cleaning) in their full uniforms.  Those shirts alone are $100 apiece.

Poor Dean.  Never getting to finish even one beer.

• Love 3

So, Vic left work, ends up following the couple through some backroads, but apparently they're heading in the direction of the hospital? What hospital was this couple going to? One two towns over? Either that, or their GPS was seriously broken. 

Vic did fairly well on her solo job with the couple. She kept calm under pressure and kept her sickness under wraps until after Station 19 got there to help out. And I will say I'm finally good with Vic/Ripley. Hey, if everyone in that house is going to engage in relationships with each other, then it better be interesting enough.

I see they're REALLY fighting to pave the way for Sullivan/Andy. Having Ryan essentially break things off and move on with another girl seems to confirm that. This pairing, I am less for. 

So, they seem to be planting seeds for Jack to look for his family at some point, which could be interesting. I do like Maya/Jack, and Jack has grown on me this season, but I do find the personal stories way more interesting than most of the romantic ones. 

Dean's sister is fairly awesome. I'm happy she appears to be sticking around.  

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Was there some reason why Ben wouldn't answer Bailey's call?  Maybe I missed something.

I must have missed it, too. And how much more training could he need to join this vaunted "Medic One," anyway? The guy is a trained anesthesiologist, trained surgeon, firefighter... What, is he learning how to fly the helicopter?

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Reality police said:

I thought it was just bad timing. First he was on a call, then falling asleep. 

I can understand not answering if he's on call, but he just looked over at the phone when he was in bed and there was no reason why he couldn't answer it.  It seemed like he was just didn't want to answer.  Strange.  

• Love 3

Ben was asleep. He didn't hear the phone. He is probably exhausted.

The inappropriateness of Vic and Lucas is bad enough, but now Andy and Sullivan? At least, Vic and Lucas have crazy chemistry. Eh, it doesn't matter. I think I might be done with this show.

• Love 2