Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

Smallville

Everytime I see the Dr Pepper "Fanville" commercials, I get Smallville flashbacks:

First there's the watertower flyby, the font, and the use of 'ville' in the title:

GCD7gcf.jpg

Now add the 'forbidden love' of "Ramone and Julia"

gODGXn4.jpg

and take a close look at Ramone's dark hair and blue eyes....

I9OVtrw.jpg

It's a hilarious set of videos but I swear it's either a direct shout-out to "Smallville" or someone at the ad agency was a fan.

• Like 2

My DVDs are seriously outdated in picture quality. Older episodes look so much better in HD on iTunes now.

Only problem is the pilot is cut down to only 40 minutes.

Huh.  I hadn't thought of that.  I suppose that's one reason to consider rebuying them in Blu Ray.

My dvd quality works just fine for me. The show is still very rich in its colors and the special effects still are kewl. The look just became more darker and I have the last season on Blu-ray and don’t notice any difference. Of course, I have a hi-definition teevee.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rogvortex58 said:

Problem is only The CW seasons were released on blu ray. The WB ones have yet to be.

I’m pretty sure the entire series is available on Blu-ray.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone here is big on podcasts like me, but one to consider is Always Hold On to Smallville. This guy does a week-by-week retrospective (sometimes he jokingly calls it Always Hold On to Spoilers because he's constantly mentioning stuff that comes later for the sake of tracking continuity) and it's pretty comprehensive for the most part. Also (like me) he's a big fan of the work of people like Neal Bailey and Craig Byrne, and frequently uses both to get a read on how people viewed the episodes at the time.

Worth a look if you like that sort of thing.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 3:13 PM, DigitalCount said:

I don't know if anyone here is big on podcasts like me, but one to consider is Always Hold On to Smallville. This guy does a week-by-week retrospective (sometimes he jokingly calls it Always Hold On to Spoilers because he's constantly mentioning stuff that comes later for the sake of tracking continuity) and it's pretty comprehensive for the most part. Also (like me) he's a big fan of the work of people like Neal Bailey and Craig Byrne, and frequently uses both to get a read on how people viewed the episodes at the time.

Worth a look if you like that sort of thing.

Thanks for the rec. Lots of good stuff there. He's got info on guest stars & characters from the Superman mythos, good critiques of the shows terrible timelines, the product placement (!!! I almost caused a car accident laughing at his admission that he used Old Spice Red Zone for years because it was featured in Jinx) and where episodes succeeded and where they failed.

• Like 3

Well, this is starting to wrap up:

As far as I know, this goes to sentencing in Sept. Although I think she could get as much as 40 years (2 counts - racketeering, conspiracy to racketeering), I suspect it'll be closer to 5-10 years and recovery of any money she made,  based on her pleading guilty and first offense. A horrible story.  I'm just glad she's not thinking she did nothing wrong anymore. What she did was horrific.  I'm not sure why they let her get away without sex offender crime (IF they did, no guarantee that the press got all the details right). 

• Like 1

Am I the only person who wants to watch this whole thing again with the new spoiler of Chloe being the true villain of the story?  

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 1:10 PM, GHScorpiosRule said:

Chloe is not Allison.

No, she isn't.  I can't imagine Chloe Sullivan ever doing anything like this. . .

Heads up for UKers, they've been showing Smallville from S1 on 5Star, channel 30 on Freeview. You can also watch it on their catchup service my5.

It's been fun seeing the show again. Rosenbaum truly was so great as Lex.