Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E09: Standoff

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

22 hours ago, MakeMeLaugh said:

I think it’s sad that he didn’t say she was a dead cop, instead of a dead “cop’s-wife”—wasn’t she addicted after being undercover and having to use to keep her cover? And for some reason I think that was fairly recent? How quickly they forget. 

Hide contents

Sarah Sashi is so gorgeous.

Good points, but I guess it was written so he didn't know she was a cop?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Good points, but I guess it was written so he didn't know she was a cop?

Oh yeah, she was undercover and they probably would never blow that cover.

I love serious Bradford and his tragic situation the most on this show.

• Love 2
On 1/9/2019 at 9:38 AM, newyawk said:

I suppose it wouldn't be The Rookie if the episode wasn't ludicrously over the top in every single way and stretching belief past the breaking point. That said, this episode was ludicrously over the top and stretched belief way past the breaking point.

It had a pregnant woman with a dangerous boyfriend, a shootout with many automatic weapons in a residential building, and a helpless cancer patient, two officers down and a third one wounded, who performed meatball surgery on one of her colleagues, Nolan's career on the line (again),  wanton destruction, a cop pursuing revenge on the guy who hurt his estranged wife, a secondary story of a kid from a broken home and an alcoholic parent, and so much more. Including, and I could be wrong, Nolan's realization that maybe Chen isn't the person he hoped she was. I think Die Hard had less plot points and P.T. Barnum must have written this episode.

I think that's why I like it. It's an 80's over the top, cop drama throwback. I feel weirdly nostalgic when I watch this show.

• Love 6
On 1/16/2019 at 7:48 PM, Soobs said:

I think that's why I like it. It's an 80's over the top, cop drama throwback.

I kind of agree.  I don't want to watch a show about stamping forms inside the box.

• Love 3
On 1/9/2019 at 8:28 AM, Clanstarling said:

As for what might have been the speediest TV birth ever - this one annoys even me (who gave birth within 45 minutes of my water breaking, with nary a contraction before).

Also, minor annoyance - do you think Lucy could have waited until the action slowed to pull out the steel plate and look at it? Do they think the audience is that dumb that we'd forget the entire scene about why she had that plate in her vest?

Heck yes!  That birth scene was half-assed and ridiculous.  In addition to the lack of a mess, I am highly doubtful that even at 28 Chen would calmly just deliver a baby.  I have delivered several, and it's exciting enough on it's own without a gunfight happening around me.  

Lucy pulling the plate out was absolutely ridiculous.  My eyes rolled so hard at that.  

Spoiler

Sarah Shahi warms my heart.  I loved her in Person of Interest.  I'm hoping that her and Fillion have hella chemistry.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:24 PM, MakeMeLaugh said:

nd I'm ashamed to admit I still can't tell Lucy from West's partner/mentor/whatever, Angela I think her name is? So that really slows our watching down, as I'm always asking Hubs who that woman is, and he's always pointing out that one of them has french-braided her hair while the other has a messy bun. You can find Google images of the actors that look like they are twins. Dear Casting Directors: try to find actors who don't look like twins. I'm shallow.

Then I'm shallow with you. I was so confused especially this episode, wondering if they were going to break up the Lucy/West couple by having her hook up with the lawyer guy. Took me a bit to remember she WASN'T THAT cop.

• Love 1
On 1/9/2019 at 9:28 AM, Clanstarling said:

Also, minor annoyance - do you think Lucy could have waited until the action slowed to pull out the steel plate and look at it? Do they think the audience is that dumb that we'd forget the entire scene about why she had that plate in her vest?

On my tv it looked like she had three clustered bullet/pellet wounds. The were small, but they looked like punctured skin to me.

I didn't know because I watched that part out of order. That was presidential address night and my recorder stopped early.

• Love 1