Type keyword(s) to search

Shooter - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Finally got hubby into watching Shooter after we finished Punisher S2 last week.  He, like me, is a fan of both the Point of Impact book series and the movie Shooter (although he hasn't seen it nearly as many times as I have, but that's because I have an unhealthy obsession with Mark Wahlberg).  We're a couple of episodes into S2 now.

He's enjoying it, and I'm enjoying the rewatch.  Picking up on some more of the underlying plot lines that I missed before because I just couldn't keep up with figuring out who could be trusted and wtf was going on.  But I remembered just enough of the basics from before to keep up, yet not so much of the details that it's boring, to be really enjoying it this time around.  Looking forward to more!

I'm still completely boggled at how inept Memphis is much of the time, though.  The most glaring example is when she was on the video call with the Russian reporter and the men came in and killed her.  Memphis didn't even try to disconnect the call or cover the camera or anything, she just sat there gaping at them.  Good grief woman LOL.

• LOL 1

I just started watching this series and love it.  I am surprised at the lack of comments.  I guess it being an older series therefore the lack of comments.  Still on season one.  I am thrilled there are two more seasons!

• Like 1

I tried to watch it. The beginning was promising, with the predicting of where the sniper would take the shot at the president. Liked the math and line drawings over actual city locations. Looked forward to learning more about being a sniper and this guy’s story, even if his wife was impossibly supportive.

And then it did one of the tropes I most hate - the good guy being framed. We all know he isn’t guilty, but we have to wait for him to convince everyone else. I tried to FF through eps hoping he would be cleared and we could move on, but that frame thing seems to drag on all season. After scanning the next 3 eps, I quit. Does the show ever clear him and move forward? When does that start? 

On 2/23/2023 at 6:04 PM, Ottis said:

After scanning the next 3 eps, I quit. Does the show ever clear him and move forward? When does that start? 

Yes they do.  I admit it was difficult to watch knowing he was innocent and if that had not been cleared up by season two I was going to be out. 

Second season was good, but I am struggling with the third season but sill like the show.

• Like 1
On 2/23/2023 at 5:04 PM, Ottis said:

And then it did one of the tropes I most hate - the good guy being framed.

Well, that's the whole premise of the book (Point of Impact) the show is based on, so..... LOL.

The focus of the story is more about figuring out who framed him and why than it is just him trying to clear his name, so it just depends on what you're looking for whether or not you'll enjoy it overall. I loved it, and need to watch it again soon.

• Like 1