Type keyword(s) to search

Sherlock - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

I’m doing a rewatch.  FULL SERIES SPOILERS WARNING

I’m up to Reichenbach Falls.  Knowing how it turns out, I saw things from a different perspective.  I could see the setup much more clearly.

It’s still a shock when Moriarty shoots himself.

Molly is the MVP in this episode.  I just love her.

And I want to wrap Watson up in a blanket and hug him.  It’s hard to watch his pain.  

• Love 4

Hubby and I are rewatching right now. We're up to the series finale. It has been such a fun ride trying to pick up on all the hints of THE Big Bad which were dropped all the way from the beginning. I know reactions to S4 were all over the place but the reveal of 

Spoiler

Euros

was where I sat up and said 'holy shit!' and this show became a fascinating psych study rather than just a fun romp.

I'll probably come back and post more after we watch the finale in a day or two.

• Love 1

Well we finished up tonight, but after reading the archived thread for the finale I realize that a good 95% of posters HATED it, so I doubt anyone is even reading this board LOL so I guess I won't waste time typing up all my thoughts.

I thought the finale (and final season as a whole) was fascinating but I see that I'm in the vast minority with that one.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sinkwriter said:

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts, if you feel like typing them up, Taryn74. Season 4 was a messy and complicated one, but there were definitely parts I liked.

Thanks! I might, then. I keep thinking over it, so maybe it will do me good to get it down anyway LOL. I just find the implications behind what happened when Sherlock was a child affecting the rest of his life really fascinating.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

She was so much fun as Mrs. Hudson. I think one of my favorite moments is her driving that red sports car like a mad woman, and then stopping in the middle of the street and popping the trunk to show us that she had a handcuffed Sherlock in there. Lol. She wasn't just a "caring landlady," she was hysterical, had a fascinating past, and was a bit of a badass. Heee.

Rest in peace, Una Stubbs.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, sinkwriter said:

I think one of my favorite moments is her driving that red sports car like a mad woman, and then stopping in the middle of the street and popping the trunk to show us that she had a handcuffed Sherlock in there.

Ha, that was great.

My favorite? (Going off memory, so the phrasing may be off, forgive me.) 

SHERLOCK: (makes reference to Mrs. Hudson formerly being an exotic dancer)

MRS. H: Sherlock Holmes, if you've been you-tubing......

Heeeeeeeee.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 4/26/2020 at 11:18 AM, One4Sorrow2TooBad said:

Awesome series, this series leaves the series Elementary in the dust. 

Maybe at the start, but at the conclusion of both series, Elementary leaves Sherlock in the dust. 

Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock barely did any detecting, Watson was the most thankless role, and the writing, in hindsight over the four seasons, was self-indulgent and went nowhere. Elementary was actually a thoughtful and clever adaptation in a modern setting, and integrating many Conan Doyle elements in very fresh ways. 

Believe me, I come by this conclusion in good faith. I was an evangelist for this show after the first season, to all my friends. ("Watch Sherlock!") It hurt me very deeply that this turned out to quite awful in the end. 

• Like 2

Years ago, I heard that the main actors hoped to make further episodes occasionally.  Doyle's Holmes had a long career, so the actors getting older should not be a problem.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1