Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

Seinfeld

Good ol' Frank Costanza. The Washington Post has an interesting obit on Jerry Stiller, featuring quotes from old interviews. We hardly see any Seinfeld re-runs in our area now. But every year, when Festivus rolls around, we'll remember the man who created the wacky holiday, feats of strength and all. Serenity Now!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

Good ol' Frank Costanza. The Washington Post has an interesting obit on Jerry Stiller, featuring quotes from old interviews. We hardly see any Seinfeld re-runs in our area now. But every year, when Festivus rolls around, we'll remember the man who created the wacky holiday, feats of strength and all. Serenity Now!!

Don't forget the airing of grievances.  :)

• Like 2
  • Laugh 3

15 minutes ago, ottoDbusdriver said:

Don't forget the airing of grievances.  🙂

"I got a lot of problems with you people!"

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

Someone edited together the various behind the scenes segments about Jerry Stiller from the DVD extras in honor of his passing:

• Like 7

Re: the episode where George tries to make a black friend to prove to his boss he's not racist. I wonder, did it come about because the writers noticed the actor who played the boss resembled Sugar Ray Leonard, or did they have the idea for the story and then went "Okay who does he look like?"

Reni Santoni, who played "Poppie" (the restaurateur who didn't wash his hands) died recently. There's a brief article at Variety. I can still see him making the pizza dough with his "bathroom hands".

• Sad 2

Even though the pizza was probably put in a very hot oven that would have killed any germs in the dough, I still would have given it a hard pass like Jerry did.

• Like 1

Geez...ol' Jer is in the hot seat right now. There's an article in the NY Post in which he's being criticized for comments he made about an article that said NYC is dead. The owner of a comedy club says Seinfeld is arrogant & unfriendly to fans who approach him, isn't supportive of comedy clubs that supported him during his early years.

Why are people surprised Jerry isn't nice when that was what we saw for 8 years? The finale was about how they were awful.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Like 2

I'm probably one of rhe few fans who loved the finale. Seeing all those unique characters watching the trial (in the courtroom or at home) was the best part for me. Unfortunately, in the reruns I think some of those folks' scenes were cut. I should buy the dvd of the finale to see if that's true. I wonder if Jerry was friendlier to fans before Seinfeld. Don't know if I'd like fans constantly approaching me.

• Like 3

Jerry does a lot for his fans though.  For example, he came to a very small town near me (in Canada) and we went to watch his stand up some time before COVID.  It was amazing.  It's basically the same standup they've uploaded to Netflix now.  It was a huge show.  I'm not sure what the capacity of the theatre was but it was pretty enormous.  And now he's releasing another book.

So, he hates people to approach him in the street.  I don't blame him.

Here's Jerry declining a hug from pop star Kesha.  He doesn't want to hob nob with celebrities let alone us common folk :).  Haha.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

The show Seinfeld's whole thing was "No hugging, no learning", remember? 😉

It's pretty clear Kesha doesn't know anything about him besides he's famous.  Or maybe she's a big "Bee Movie" fan.  I don't know.

• Like 2