Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Aethera

SEAL Team

Jason gets his reprieve (well, the show sure did, it was renewed).  Gonna be interesting to see who, if any, Bravo vets will be separated from the team now that another year of eps is needed.   Hard to see how Sonny chooses Texas at this point.

comment deleted

Edited by ctlady

I like this new introspective, polite Sonny. I was worried for a minute there because he had just had his "we good?" chat with Clay and then Clay tells him about State 21. But we avoided the sitcom cliche on this one.

Awfully polite of the bad guys to leave just one trap behind. I don't know much about EOD beyond what I see on shows like this but I do know that when you find one bomb your safest bet is to assume that there could be others. A sophisticated tunnel network deep in Afghanistan? Nah, we only need one booby trap to guard that. I know they did it for the sake of brevity because no one wants to watch the team spend 15 years clearing a tunnel but still.

Did I miss what the lie was that Ray told his daughter? I remember him debating whether or not he should tell her he got hurt so are we to assume she asked him a bunch of nosy-ass kid questions and he just said everything was fine?

Regarding the Jason and Mandy booty call, I am not sure what to make of it but I personally would prefer that they stay friends. You can't unring that bell, Jason.

Also, more Hollywood shortcuts and this one bugs me a lot. Do you really expect me to believe that Mandy was sitting in her trailer hoping a friend of hers with whom she has a professional working relationship would randomly show up and start kissing her? If Mandy isn't in the mood (and based on her recent experiences we have nothing to suggest that she would be), Jason just sexually assaulted her.

I haven’t watched the last few episodes but I thought it was clear earlier in the season that Mandy was into Jason. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Avabelle said:

I haven’t watched the last few episodes but I thought it was clear earlier in the season that Mandy was into Jason. 

I agree.  There were some indications that they had some interest in each other that was more than co-workers.

In one of the Mexico episodes, after a fight with Jason, Mandy asked him if they were still ok. In one of the Serbia episodes, she went searching for him in Belgrade after he almost got blown up, and she seemed worried about him.

She also went to meet him at a bar in the middle of the day when he was off for medical leave.  

They also talked about their dating lives, which seems pretty personal for co-workers.

Edited by nittanycougar

All I wanted to say is the fact that two the most insufferable people (and the two worst actors) on that show hooked up shows a sad state of the show this year.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CooperTV said:

All I wanted to say is the fact that two the most insufferable people (and the two worst actors) on that show hooked up shows a sad state of the show this year.

Insufferable!  Glad to see someone thinks like I do.

Edited by preeya
  • Like 1

Mandy doesn't get to angst about her informant and then harass his obviously hostile and distraught widow as Jason drags her out the door. Jesus, woman, read the room a little and don't be a raging asshole.

• Like 1

I love the show, I like the characters, I want more.  But - We need some sort of vote to see who is in the majority here, the Mandy Hate Club or the Mandy Like Club.  I suspect if there was a real poll for that it would fall on the dislike side.

I don't like Mandy very much.  She is OK to be on the show in some form, she's pretty good when she's interrogating.  But when they move into her angst and personal drama she sucks.  It's not that it's not realistic to have those feelings, I'm sure people in her position do feel the repercussions of the things they have to do, it's just that it's overdone in a bad soap opera sort of way and she further over does it with her acting to the point where it's almost caricature instead of believable.  As for her and Jason hooking  up - well that was the only sour spot in a decent finale that wasn't supposed to be a finale.  My sincere hope is this was a one night stand and we do not have a Season 4 full of should we/shouldn't we be a couple drama.

I suspect the final two episodes would have sewn up the plot around who is staying on the team and who is leaving.  I would have liked to have seen that and do wonder how they'll resolve it next season.  But for now I feel like the shortened end was mostly OK but the final scene leaves me sour, of all the ways it had to end watching those two going at it was not exactly the best final scene to be left with at all.

Despite that I'm sill looking forward to another season and am actually happy they're already renewed.

Guys I’m a few episode behind but what happened with Stella. I’m her only fan 🙂

As for Mandy, I hated her at first as she always came off so smug and like she was always pouting for camera time but I will say she grew on me this season. I think they best thing they did for her character was get rid of the suit and loosen her up a bit.

Davis has taken my place as most annoying character as I feel they dragged the ass out of Sonny/Lisa. I’m about 5 episodes behind though so hoping for improvement. 

On 4/16/2020 at 9:49 AM, ctlady said:

I an SO effin' over Jason with his 'I am the master of the SEAL team universe whose sole mission in my life is to do the job, protect my men, bring my men home.  Anything outside of that is a distraction with which I can do without including children and relationships"  Jason, just because you torched your marriage, don't see your kids or can't even enjoy a dinner date because you must be SuperSealTeamLeader 24/7 doesn't mean your men can't balance their lives out.  And he thinks Clay's job offer is a distraction?  Jason, everything you went through emotionally and physically between your surgery, losing Alanna, ptsd, etc and your continuous failure to fully recognize them and balance those feelings ALONG with your SuperImportantSealLeader position is a huge distraction in my eyes.  Just his reaction when he walked in on the guys lounging around and ordered them out (he pretty much missed the dog when he kicked Brock) and then flipping the table when Clay told him he accepted his offer seriously pissed me off.  Who is he to think that Clay can't focus while on this mission because he has something else waiting for  him when he gets back?  How is that any different than Ray covering up his shoulder injury - which, to me, was worse on the job than Clay's job offer.

I completely agree.  Well put.

I really do not like that Thirty Mike guy, who's a total jerk, but when he referred to Jason and Trent as Statler and Waldorf, I cracked up.

1 hour ago, lammykins said:

I an SO effin' over Jason with his 'I am the master of the SEAL team universe whose sole mission in my life is to do the job, protect my men, bring my men home.  Anything outside of that is a distraction with which I can do without including children and relationships"  Jason, just because you torched your marriage, don't see your kids or can't even enjoy a dinner date because you must be SuperSealTeamLeader 24/7 doesn't mean your men can't balance their lives out.  And he thinks Clay's job offer is a distraction?  Jason, everything you went through emotionally and physically between your surgery, losing Alanna, ptsd, etc and your continuous failure to fully recognize them and balance those feelings ALONG with your SuperImportantSealLeader position is a huge distraction in my eyes.  Just his reaction when he walked in on the guys lounging around and ordered them out (he pretty much missed the dog when he kicked Brock) and then flipping the table when Clay told him he accepted his offer seriously pissed me off.  Who is he to think that Clay can't focus while on this mission because he has something else waiting for  him when he gets back?  How is that any different than Ray covering up his shoulder injury - which, to me, was worse on the job than Clay's job offer.

This ↑.  Excellent.

I dislike Mandy.  I dislike the character, and I'm not a fan of the actress either.  Her performance is bland and just there. In terms of the character, I think Mandy's terrible at her job, and yet she's still there.  She's gotten assets killed left, right, and center.  She burned an asset to get her butt demoted.  She's basically there just so she can hook up with Jason.

Speaking of Jason, I think that the writers are going way overboard with the "broken guy" aspect.  I've liked Jason, but he's becoming unlikable, even for me.  I hate how they've made him irresponsible to anything but Bravo.  He has children, and they are older, but they are still his children, and their mother is dead.  Jason's now some old military version of "The Bachelor," and it isn't a good look.

• Like 4

On 5/8/2020 at 9:58 AM, Avabelle said:

Guys I’m a few episode behind but what happened with Stella. I’m her only fan

Nothing.  The last we saw of Stella was when she told Clay that she still had feelings for him.  I have a feeling this was one of the storylines where there might have been more in the two episodes that weren't finished this season.

• Like 1

On 3/25/2020 at 11:57 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

It's TV, so I will be shocked if Clay does not somehow become the heir apparent to Jason who is stepping down.

I really think Clay's going to get bitten in the ass by the letter.  He had several scenes with Marsden, and he's talked about her several times since Yeman.  He wrote the letter, Rebecca wrote the letter, or I've seen the theory that his father wrote the letter.  However that shakes out, I think the letter traces back to him, which will affect his heir apparent status.  He'll be lucky to stay on Bravo.  The way they're setting up his departure to STA-21, something's going to happen to derail it, and I think it's the letter.

• Like 1

Mandy earned her deep ambivalence and misgivings, imo.  The problem is she should have known earlier, and she would have know for SURE by now, that the Company, and the USA, pretty much fight to win.  Either the morality of the fight is sufficient, or it is not.  Great arguments can be had either way.

However, you begged to get back in the fight, Mandy.  You were removed and were in no position to place others in harm's way.  YOU fought to get back in this fight, knowing full and dang well we used people.  So, STFU.  Deal.  Can't do that?  GTFO.  Go.  Thank you for your service.

I loved the ice cold "welcome" Bravo gave Sonny upon his return.  I loved his acceptance of it.  It all seemed real and congruent.  So did his insane risk, largely made to get back in good stead with his brothers.  

I also loved the dependance Jason displayed for Sonny, his one remaining door-kicker.  He absolutely had to have him there to help him justify and affirm his world view.  That was a great scene.  Who were you trying to convince, Jason?

An RPG!  It worked great, too.  Unfortunately.

Have a great summer, Dita!

• Like 1

On 5/8/2020 at 9:51 AM, sigmaforce86 said:

I love the show, I like the characters, I want more.  But - We need some sort of vote to see who is in the majority here, the Mandy Hate Club or the Mandy Like Club.  I suspect if there was a real poll for that it would fall on the dislike side.

I don't like Mandy very much.  She is OK to be on the show in some form, she's pretty good when she's interrogating.  But when they move into her angst and personal drama she sucks.  It's not that it's not realistic to have those feelings, I'm sure people in her position do feel the repercussions of the things they have to do, it's just that it's overdone in a bad soap opera sort of way and she further over does it with her acting to the point where it's almost caricature instead of believable.  As for her and Jason hooking  up - well that was the only sour spot in a decent finale that wasn't supposed to be a finale.  My sincere hope is this was a one night stand and we do not have a Season 4 full of should we/shouldn't we be a couple drama.

I suspect the final two episodes would have sewn up the plot around who is staying on the team and who is leaving.  I would have liked to have seen that and do wonder how they'll resolve it next season.  But for now I feel like the shortened end was mostly OK but the final scene leaves me sour, of all the ways it had to end watching those two going at it was not exactly the best final scene to be left with at all.

Despite that I'm sill looking forward to another season and am actually happy they're already renewed.

Spot on.  I like Jason and Mandy's chemistry, but this had train wreck written all over it.  They were both tired and emotionally messed up.  It is a very unhealthy basis for sex or any romantic attachment.

I am looking forward to them agreeing that it was a mistake.

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Like 1