Type keyword(s) to search

SEAL Team - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

Wait do you know who the first actor was?  I know the show is a toddler in TV series years but I still can’t see anyone but David as Jason.

‘Course, while I never watched “Angel”, “Bones” is one of my favorite shows of ALL TIME so like someone else said, my residual love for David is strong.  Even if he loves all things Philly.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mojoween said:

Wait do you know who the first actor was?  I know the show is a toddler in TV series years but I still can’t see anyone but David as Jason.

‘Course, while I never watched “Angel”, “Bones” is one of my favorite shows of ALL TIME so like someone else said, my residual love for David is strong.  Even if he loves all things Philly.

Jim Caviezel

1 hour ago, windsprints said:

Jim Caviezel

I almost went with someone else but remembered that it was 6 that also had a last minute cast change of its lead SEAL

Lord, how many ridiculous escapes did they incorporate tonight?  "Thousands" of enemy in the area and each and every time contacted, jussssssst enough of them were killed. 

Memo to Ray:  How many perfectly decent villager militiamen died because of YOU?!  YOU are the one who invaded their home.  How many widows did YOU create?  I'm fine with the carnage.  Just demonstrating some of the absurd Ray logic.

Blackburn is done.   There is no other possible outcome.  He made an aggressive call that went against prevailing brass and political policy at the very highest levels.  Then he rolls the dice again, trying to save the mission (yeah, right) without consulting the CO who was RIGHT THERE.  The mission failed.  Thank you for your service.  He should have been relieved on the spot.  Not for the first time, either.

Sonny's rant in the beginning of the ep as the team was making its way to the HVT utterly demonstrated the horrific unit readiness.  It was borderline mutiny.  In the face of the enemy.  Jason has tolerated this garbage all along the way and boy, did he ever get his payback in that moment.

By how many dozen clicks did that Indian helo violate Paki airspace?  Holy cow.

I am fine with Clay deciding to fight on the side of the angels.  What I will not be fine with is his return to a SEAL team.  His career is OVUH.   Not saying this is right.  Ray's days as a SEAL are similarly numbered.  If he wants to stay in as an instructor, cool.

We finally saw and heard a new Davis!    

It’s really awkward yet funny when a show is trying to make you worry that the team will be broken up and you think it should. There’s an allowance for fiction and there’s people being blatantly dysfunctional. The show dedicates a lot of time to making the argument that some need to retire and the others need to be sorted out. Like, they’ve even set up some of their futures. Jason goes into whatever that job offer was, Emma can be free and he raises his son. Clay doesn’t return and keeps going down this path; I guess Stella returns. Ray should be at home trying to salvage his marriage. Sonny has Davis and however that would work. He could go either way, he has something other than the team now but could also go behave somewhere else.

On 5/9/2019 at 11:48 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Sonny's rant in the beginning of the ep as the team was making its way to the HVT utterly demonstrated the horrific unit readiness.  It was borderline mutiny. 

It’s not the first time Sunny specifically has done that, is it?  Been a borderline mutinous distraction. I think he’s had a worse one and Jason literally proposed mutiny once.

Ray’s story remains dumb. It should be a great episode for the actor and instead it’s Ray throwing a tantrum about a terrified woman praying. Apparently no faith makes Ray insane.

I was going to say Jason came off pretty well in this episode but then I looked up who directed it. I’m sure he’ll be back to his OTT normal in the next episode.

• Love 1

The part with the horses was preposterous.  I didn’t see a stable anywhere but they not only found saddles and blankets somewhere, but they took the time to get those horses perfectly ready to ride?

And then just left them on a dry mountain ridge, far from the lush grasses they were previously feeding on?

I could hand wave Ray killing everyone he came in contact with without even getting a nick from a bullet, but the horses bothered me.

Does that trick with the land mine work?

• Love 2

I was quite disappointed with Time to Shine (the submarine episode) and had not been watching the show for a while. I am working my way up the episodes. Now on to You Only Die Once (Afghanistan - Iran border sniper shot). At the beginning of the episode, it was stressed strongly that to prevent war they could not be identified as American. However, at the end of the episode, we saw Marines UH-1Y and AH-1Z, as well as ground troops, fired directly into Iranian soil. Clear as day with all the identification marks wide open. How did that go with the higher echelon? It is one thing that the mission failed, it is another thing to have American aircraft and troops openly opened fire into Iranian territory.

On a second note, this is something that has been going on for a while. The team members call LCDR Blackburn as 'Blackburn' to his face. Special Warfare or not, is it acceptable? I can understand that as a SO unit they are a bit lose in protocol and may call each other by first name, enlisted and officers alike, but to call someone by last name without a prefix?

• Love 1

There's a tangential parallel to Clay's cause developing in collegiate sports.

An athlete is seeking an NCAA waiver for an immediate transfer from one school where he claims mental health stresses exacerbated at/by that school.  The NCAA just denied it.  The reason?

Failure to disclose his issue(s) to the school as they were occurring.  

On 4/28/2019 at 2:13 AM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Good that the team was up against more Imperial Storm Troopers.  I did, however, love the A-10 action.  Those airships are the best friend the infantry ever had.  And they darn near were removed entirely.  

I can not help but wonder though. If CAS was available from the beginning, why Jason only requested one once they were pinned down and in critical situation? Why not asked for one once they knew tangos in multiple vehicles were closing in? And then Trent controlled the air attack. I would think that they had TACP there considering the A-10 was not a SOCOM asset.

Speaking of SOCOM asset, Mali was a long, long way from Guam. I found it hard to swallow that there were no SOCOM assets available in the whole AFRICOM, EUCOM and CENTCOM AOs. Even Virginia Beach or Fort Bragg were closer. CMIIW but operators needed certain amount of rest after travelling across time zones.

• Love 1

Two military questions (because I'm not military):

1) Jason is a Master Chief, so his dress uniform is different from the others, but is the rest of the team all the same rank?  Between their uniforms and their hair, I was having a difficult time telling some of the guts apart at the funeral.

2) What were they pounding into/onto Brett's coffin?

I thought it was a good season finale that would have served as a series finale if we hadn't been renewed.  I'm glad the producers had enough awareness about that when they thought about the episode.

So, Jason did sell the house.  It certainly seems like the show is moving the kids off of the canvas, which makes sense from a storyline/show perspective, but it is a bit lazy.  I bet we won't see them that much next season.

I don't care about Mandy.  She's still as dull as dirt to me.  I will be interested in what the show does with Davis to keep her part of the canvas.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohmo said:

1) Jason is a Master Chief, so his dress uniform is different from the others, but is the rest of the team all the same rank?  Between their uniforms and their hair, I was having a difficult time telling some of the guts apart at the funeral.

I thought it was a good season finale that would have served as a series finale if we hadn't been renewed.  I'm glad the producers had enough awareness about that when they thought about the episode.

So, Jason did sell the house.  It certainly seems like the show is moving the kids off of the canvas, which makes sense from a storyline/show perspective, but it is a bit lazy.  I bet we won't see them that much next season.

I don't care about Mandy.  She's still as dull as dirt to me.  I will be interested in what the show does with Davis to keep her part of the canvas.

They were slapping their Trident wings into the coffin as a sign of respect for a fallen comrade.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, cameron said:
2 hours ago, Ohmo said:

Read more  

They were slapping their Trident wings into the coffin as a sign of respect for a fallen comrade.

https://movies.stackexchange.com/questions/30481/what-is-the-meaning-of-the-badges-on-the-caskets-in-american-sniper

• Useful 1

Lol, they’re really just going to ship the kids off. If he’s selling the house to pay for Emma’s tuition and the son’s boarding school they’re truly writing a stupid character. At least he didn’t go blow up at Shaw when he had the chance to but Jason is pretty old and experienced for a character to be learning those lessons now. 

Ray. Whatever. They rushed to resolving his arc for the season. At least it’s over because I hated it. Idk how anyone is supposed to believe him when he says he’s good.

The Clay and Swannie arc has been the strongest part of the season for me. Ash managed a real honest to god human moment out of it and everything. The best out of the action storyline the show has done and I don’t expect it to be beaten.

They were completely unrecognizable to me cleanly shaven. It was trippy.

Mandy. Meh. They’ll fix it in ep 1 or she’s been written out. If she’s written out they’ll have lost a lot of actresses this season.

Comparable quality to season 1 for me. Could be better, and frustrating because the bones are there, but it’s solid enough.

• Love 1
(edited)

When the camera panned individually on those clean shaven faces, my reaction was "Whoa" each time, and a little louder each time.  Jason and Blackburn looked much better, but the younger guys looked like 5th graders.

I used to refer to Trent and Brock as "No Lines" and "No Lines 2", but this season they've actually had several spoken lines each.  So my husband laughed out loud when Brock said something about Guam actually being a part of America and Sonny told him he liked it better when he never said anything at all.

Edited by lammykins
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Ohmo said:

1) Chief Petty Officer (E-7) thru Master Chief Petty Officer (E-9) wear the coat and tie dress blues and Petty Officer First Class (E-6) and below wear the cracker jack uniform. I think the junior guy on the team is an E-5, Petty Officer Second Class.

2) The Special Warfare insignia. They each wear one over their many, many rows of ribbons on their uniform. 

• Love 2

So, Jason did sell the house.  It certainly seems like the show is moving the kids off of the canvas, which makes sense from a storyline/show perspective, but it is a bit lazy.

I'm not sure I understand why this is lazy?

7 hours ago, FinnishViewer said:

I'm not sure I understand why this is lazy?

Because Jason will no longer have to really parent, which I think is lazy because operators do have children.  Emma I can understand because children do go off to college.  However, "hockey boarding school" seems very convenient for Mikey.  It practically screams "We're ditching Jason's kids so we don't have to deal with them anymore."

The show is also kind of avoiding kids in terms of Ray because they are so young.  There was the baptism story, but that was about Ray moreso than his child.  I'm not saying turn the show into a nursery school or Romper Room, but military families do have children and we see stories on the news all the time about kids who have parents deployed overseas.  It would be nice to see a little bit of that aspect, but we've now got a team where the guys are single, unmarried, or have effectively invisible children.  I think that's a tad lazy since Mikey is still in high school.  Maybe he could have stayed with a local friend's family when Jason is deployed.  We wouldn't have to see him all the time, but a few conversations with Jason here and there wouldn't be terrible.  Instead, I doubt we'll ever see him again since he's now at a boarding school.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Sharon said:

below wear the cracker jack uniform.

Ha!  This made me laugh!   When you think about it, it IS the cracker jack uniform.  I thought people only wore those if they were of very low rank (like private first class or midshipman.)

Thank you to Sharon, meria.hand, and cameron for answering my questions.

10 hours ago, Sharon said:

1) Chief Petty Officer (E-7) thru Master Chief Petty Officer (E-9) wear the coat and tie dress blues and Petty Officer First Class (E-6) and below wear the cracker jack uniform. I think the junior guy on the team is an E-5, Petty Officer Second Class.

2) The Special Warfare insignia. They each wear one over their many, many rows of ribbons on their uniform. 

1. And commissioned officers, of course. In that scene LCDR Blackburn and CPT Harrington.

2. I was a bit surprised that it was prepared Budweiser that they pinned on the casket. I always thought that the operators took the insignia from their breast then put it on the casket.

Speaking of which, who was the additional Senior Chief in that detail? He was apparently close to the team as he sat next to Hays in the bar.

34 minutes ago, Ohmo said:

I thought people only wore those if they were of very low rank (like private first class or midshipman.)

Just to correct you a little bit. The sailor suit, as the name implies, is only worn by the junior enlisted personnel in the Navy. Private First Class is an Army and Marine Corps rank, thus those with that rank wear either Army or Marines uniform. Army and Marines uniforms do not differ significantly between junior and senior ranks.

Midshipmen are student officers in the Department of Navy. Those are students in the US Naval Academy or at the Naval ROTC. IIRC, unlike what is depicted in this show, OCS candidates are not midshipmen. As they are student officers, midshipmen wear officer-style service dress uniforms.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TV Anonymous said:

1. And commissioned officers, of course. In that scene LCDR Blackburn and CPT Harrington.

2. I was a bit surprised that it was prepared Budweiser that they pinned on the casket. I always thought that the operators took the insignia from their breast then put it on the casket.

Speaking of which, who was the additional Senior Chief in that detail? He was apparently close to the team as he sat next to Hays in the bar.

Thought the same thing about the additional Senior Chief.  Wondering if he is an actual seal advisor.

47 minutes ago, cameron said:

Thought the same thing about the additional Senior Chief.  Wondering if he is an actual seal advisor.

In the comments of this TVLine article (NOT the article itself)), a poster is claiming that someone in the scene is an actual SEAL who was involved in killing bin Laden.  This is the internet, so take that claim for whatever you think it's worth.

SEAL Team Season 2 Finale Recap: Who Got Booted From Future Missions?

(edited)

Call it even?  Seriously, Ray?  

Mandy's decision was really bad.  They all got bailed out because Khan made an even worse decision to stick around and call, what was for him, a public meeting.  She more than earned the severe consequences coming to her.  All's well that ends well is no way to run life and death operations.  Speaking of...

Shaw was the ONE guy who understood the follies involved with Bravo.  That politics will now trump time-honored and proven standards is no cause for celebration.  The thing about political winds?  They shift.  Often.  Radically.  Perniciously.  Viciously.

Clay's "eulogy," in uniform, was way out of line.  The truth of his words simply are not enough to overcome his sworn oath to follow legal orders and protocols.  Clay went after the Navy, and others.  See ya.

So, too, the Sovis ship.  Davis really is a fool.  She has some wonderful traits and abilities.  Demanding the training and then the commission of an officer, knowing the whole time she would bust fraternization rules?  That it's for Sonny?  Let's just call that particular "thinking," problematic. 

Jason's home was probably worth about $300K, give or take.  How much equity did they have in it?  I'd guess about half.   That's maybe two years of NYU and "hockey."

I'm fine that Ray had a literal come to Jesus moment.  Good for him.  His reasoning is still whack. 

Finally, and most importantly on this special weekend, I want to honor ALL who chose to put themselves in Harm's Way that we may be free.  The debts we owe can never, ever, be paid.  God bless them all.

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes

I shook my head when Davis picked up Quinn and while hugging her Quinn said something like, "Let us find a bedroom ASAP." It is something to fraternize when they both were POs, while it might be hard to be objective with one's partner in the same unit. But once Davis received her commission, it was a different story. Their action was a punishable offense under UCMJ.

• Love 1

The link is to an AP overview of the current war crime trial of a SEAL.  I post not to debate the merits of the case.  Instead, I wish to bring attention to the tensions outlined as to SEAL culture and the regular military.

The descriptions are eerily familiar to a bunch of scenes in the show.  How many times did we see Jason run roughshod over protocols?  How many times did we see his brashness lead to mission success and/or the saving of American lives?  Props to TPTB for depicting such.

Where should the lines be drawn?  The trial is a fascinating crucible to observe.  Basically, it often times comes down to Rules?  Or, Results?  It is incredibly difficult to decide.

I would be surprised if a similar trial is not incorporated in the next season of the show.

Again...I take NO position about the trial and ask y'all to not go there in any potential response.  This is about some bang on parallels between the fiction we see on Wednesday nights, and real life/death.

https://apnews.com/c1b8b101eebd4e3a891fc2616508c7a5

On 4/25/2019 at 5:54 PM, mochamajesty said:

I do not understand why the doctor denied Swanny’s request for an MRI.

I am a veteran and I have had multiple tests done at my local VA facility and none of the issues were documented while I was on active duty.  Now if he was trying to increase his disability rating that’s one thing. 

Catching up on the season and while I liked the Swanny story that was one thing I was wondering about. I mean I know the US health care system has issues but that still made no sense. Like did that mean if Swanny fell down the stairs at home or a coconut hit him in the head walking down the street and he got a tbi, he would have no medical coverage?

Also was I mistaken or in at least one episode did they refer to the commander in Guam (the guy who was pissed off about the Pakistan mission) as a General?

1 hour ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Catching up on the season and while I liked the Swanny story that was one thing I was wondering about. I mean I know the US health care system has issues but that still made no sense. Like did that mean if Swanny fell down the stairs at home or a coconut hit him in the head walking down the street and he got a tbi, he would have no medical coverage?

Also was I mistaken or in at least one episode did they refer to the commander in Guam (the guy who was pissed off about the Pakistan mission) as a General?

My understanding is that the VA is enjoined from providing care for non service-related issues.  I could be verrrrry wrong about that.  So, yes, Swanny had to go elsewhere for any possible care.  

As for the "General..."  Perhaps they were referencing a liason General from a different country.  I know there was at least one ep that had such a creature.  IIRC, one of them was going to go back on his word about a strike.  Again, I am not certain.

• Love 1

Given the recent news about real-life issues with several SEAL teams, I wonder if we'll see that addressed in the series somehow.  While TV Bravo's issues were not as severe or criminal as the real-life issues, I did think of the show when I watched the news. 

There is one incident where a SEAL team member is accused of sexually assaulting a female service member who works with that team.  That made me think of Davis.  If that can be proven, I hope that team member is jailed.  News reports state that the team member will face court martial.

I’m so disinterested in Jessica Pares character that I don’t care about her new job. I know it’s just going to be used as an opportunity for her and Hayes to continue to attempt sparks.

• Love 3

I finally caught up with the second half of season 2 and agree with everyone that some serious suspension of disbelief  in order to enjoy the show.  Luckily for me I was a Scorpion fan so suspension of disbelief, I can do.   But the one thing I found too ridiculous to avoid a major "huh?" was the completely baffling Davis backstory.   Coming out if nowhere firstly, to serve absolutely no purpose in the overall story except explaining why she panicked in the burning ship training secondly and then to have it be so unbelievably stupid?   It's one thing to believe that maybe a little girl, confused and traumatized, might initially blame her 11 year old sister for not saving her other sister too, but once she turned, I don't know, let's say 11, she may start recognizing she has a sister that is still alive, that she owes her life to, and that Lisa did the best that she could.  But to have her as an adult, living what looked like a very happy and well off life, with her own daughter,  still blaming the 11 year old is asinine. Then she doesn't show up to the graduation,  and is never mentioned again.    She's either the biggest asshole that ever lived, or she was written at 4AM after long night of writing and a few shots of the Jack.

• Love 1
On 7/9/2019 at 10:03 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

My understanding is that the VA is enjoined from providing care for non service-related issues.  I could be verrrrry wrong about that.  So, yes, Swanny had to go elsewhere for any possible care.  

This isn't true.  You do not have to have a service connected condition in order for the VA to treat you.  I work in the TBI clinic at our local VA and we treat patients all the time, for years even, who are not service connected for head injury.  We don't require any prior history of treatment for TBI while a veteran was still active duty before we'll treat them.  And we certainly treat veterans who suffer TBI injury post-military, i.e. car accidents as civilians.  Now if a veteran isn't service connected it will affect the co-pay amount, which ranges from $15 for basic care to no more than $30 for specialty care; medication copays range from $5 to $11 based on the drug tier it falls under.  And copays are also adjusted for income so someone with low income can be exempted from paying any copays. 

Edited by rove4
  • Useful 4
16 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Thank you @rove4.

So, the whole episode was a farce?  Swanny would have been given the care he was begging for?

Well, dramatic license and all that.  🙄  It did piss me off at the misinformation it was giving though. 

Edited by rove4
  • Love 2

Watching this show is kinda weird knowing that the real life Navy SEALs are the hot mess, unprofessional prima donnas of the US special operations world, committing war crimes, murdering other US special forces, sexually assaulting female personnel, and all that jazz.  Not to mention constantly writing books about their service. 

I guess a Delta Force show wouldn't work (again, RIP The Unit and kinda sorta The Brave) since those guys are the quiet professionals of USSOCOM.

• Love 3

Off to a good start for Season 3 if I say so myself. I think everyone got some good character moments and there was no unnecessary angst caused by characters making bad choices.

I loved that they filmed on location. And someone in the production obviously said "these characters will walk around, they will fly around, they will boat around and they will drive around... not only because they are Navy SEALs but also because Belgrade is a beautiful goddamn city and we want to showcase as much of it as we can in 42 minutes."

Some minor nitpicking: it bugged me that Clay, despite generally being Mr. Exposition, explained what Cerberus was doing by sitting down. First, the team really should know that if the puppy sits it's time for "oh shit"s and two, he has a handler who is perfectly capable of exposition even if he is not an actor by training.

I also thought it was convenient that even though Lisa and Mandy both had new roles last season they basically haven't moved.

I appreciated Jason and Clay chatting on the roof. I remember how they used to hate each other and I'm glad to see they really respect one another now.

I'm not sure how I feel about the voice-overs. A little of that could go a long way but then again it would be neat to get voice-overs from the other members of the team, especially the ones we don't hear much from. I'd enjoy an episode or two about the other guys on the team who have mostly been background players to this point. Deep Space Nine did this once, giving an entire episode to two characters who aren't even in the main credits ("It's Only A Paper Moon" - RIP Aron Eisenberg).

The soft focus camera work bugs me. I know it's a stylistic choice that tells you at a glance which military action-adventure show you are watching but having the bottom of the frame out of focus annoys my eyes. In this episode you can see it when Mandy is interrogating the bad guy and there's a wide shot of the two of them. Mandy's boots are fuzzed out while the rest of the frame is in perfect focus and it just looks weird. Would anyone miss this if it was gone?

Glad to have the show back, ludicrosities and all.

The focus on the enemy within, which is the true enemy, is an ambitious and worthy theme to explore.  I wish I had more faith in TPTB to follow through well.

Why was Davis taking such an operational role when she is the new Mandy?  Isn't that the job of whomever replaced her in her previous job?  

If this Bravo Team thing doesn't work out, I'm thinking they'd make for some pretty great Uber and Lyft drivers in Belgrade.  They already know all the streets.  

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

It should at least be an interesting season for what they're trying to do. The voice overs could be good or could end up dragging. I think what we saw in Ep 1 needs some tweaking because there's something off about his voice, or that will be explained. The mental health part and aging could be good or it could be incredibly frustrating if they screw it up. They've both been part of the Jason character since early on in the show and haven't been truly addressed. Partially because I think it's been an end of the show or DB wants out thing, but at this point I think it also needs to happen for the character to continue on with a shred of believability. That being said, I fully expect Jason's mental health to be put to bed by the midpoint of the season or the end of the season at the longest, and for Ray to have his own version of it or other crisis because that's how they roll. Parts will be handled well and others won't, but the show definitely has an ambitious streak.

It was a good, lighter season opener to start things off before things get darker, imo. Some nice humour and setting up where the characters are now. 

• Love 2

This episode was beautifully shot.  It was like a feature film, absolutely stunning use of the location.

I was hoping they would address how the team ended up back together on an operation.  I thought they were suspended or broken up last season.  Also, last season Mandy had a crappy office in DC and was told she would not be out in the field any more.  I wanted to see how she ended up on an operation in Serbia after last season's reprimand by management in DC.

I really liked David's performance.   I am afraid that Jason is headed for a breakdown of some sort.  

Edited by nittanycougar
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

This episode was beautifully shot.  It was like a feature film, absolutely stunning use of the location.

It's a really cinematic show and has delivered some beautiful shots with beautiful locations.

2 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

I was hoping they would address how the team ended up back together on an operation.  I thought they were suspended or broken up last season.  Also, last season Mandy had a crappy office in DC and was told she would not be out in the field any more.  I wanted to see how she ended up on an operation in Serbia after last season's reprimand by management in DC.

They almost got broken up last season but didn't. They killed what's his face and the general who hated them (had rightful criticisms) couldn't touch them after. How exactly Davis and Mandy ended up where they did needs explaining. I'm happy they're both still around because I like them and don't want all of the regular actresses ditched, but how? I bet they ignore it or don't go into detail. 

3 hours ago, nittanycougar said:

It's insane that the Navy did not break up the team.   The show did hint at a stand down/evaluation period.  No way would Blackburn have retained command.  You may have noticed the many reports of out-of-control SEAL Teams in the news?  Jason?  He'd be lucky to still wear the uniform and retain his rank, let alone be brought back.  Moving heaven and earth to make a brand-spanking new Ensign an intel officer with her old team?  Never in a million years.  Mandy was done as done can be.

No special scrutiny on-site for their first hot mission?  Really?

How many concussions does this now make for Jason?  253?  He wouldn't now be pulled from duty for a medical eval?  Ray has a duty to report Jason's inability to sleep.  Especially with the known history.  

But, this is the land of TV.  All ye about to enter give up all hopes of reality.  😉  

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

How many concussions does this now make for Jason?  253?  He wouldn't now be pulled from duty for a medical eval?

Honestly, with how concussions have historically been handled by so many people, that part isn't too surprising to me unless the military is that different. Who knows how many of his concussions have been diagnosed and not written off as just having his bell rung before getting to a doctor. How many important people around him think concussions aren't that big of a concern or only care if it's a particularly bad one. The whole being near an explosion thing would make me think there would be a medical evaluation. iirc, there have been instances of things like CTE in military personnel and they think being near explosions is one of the causes, but part of diagnosing a concussion is the person with said concussion being honest about their symptoms. Jason's ass probably wouldn't be.

12 hours ago, Lonesome Rhodes said:

Ray has a duty to report Jason's inability to sleep.  Especially with the known history.  

It's Ray. Hider of his own injury for months and "I know you're not right but I'm not going to do anything more than make a couple of comments to you," about Jason's last concussion.

• Love 1