Type keyword(s) to search

True Tori - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, alexa said:

If she even got it.  One of the creditors was trying to get some of that money.  Not sure how it turned out.  I just don’t get how anyone that much in debt can throw these vacations in everyone’s faces.  Ugh.

I don't know what kind of grift deal Tori got from the Four Seasons but I looked at room rates and there are only two options if they want one room for all of them: a room you have to call to get availability and rates for and the Presidential Suite for upwards of $20,000 per night.

• Useful 1

I will say, she finally smartened up, maybe?  She hasn't advertised this vacation on her instagram.  It is just a couple of news sources sharing the info.  Usually she tells her adoring fans all about her expensive vacations.  I guess the court battles are finally making her shut up? lol

• Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 9/6/2019 at 10:33 AM, suomi said:

What a natural and not at all staged looking photo of her and Dean kissing in the pool.

You know what's weird is that three older kids have such bloated faces, but their bodies aren't that overweight. Especially the oldest one. His arms and legs don't look fat all, but his facial features are starting to get distorted by the extra puffiness. The girls' limbs look a little chubby, but again most of the extra weight is in their faces.

They're obviously posing for pictures for someone, so I am assuming this vacation is at least partially underwritten by someone else. And maybe Candy picked up part of the tab. Or maybe she just figures creditors can't repossess a vacation so she may as well spend the money while she has it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, Tatum said:

What a natural and not at all staged looking photo of her and Dean kissing in the pool.

You know what's weird is that three older kids have such bloated faces, but their bodies aren't that overweight. Especially the oldest one. His arms and legs don't look fat all, but his facial features are starting to get distorted by the extra puffiness. The girls' limbs look a little chubby, but again most of the extra weight is in their faces.

They're obviously posing for pictures for someone, so I am assuming this vacation is at least partially underwritten by someone else. And maybe Candy picked up part of the tab. Or maybe she just figures creditors can't repossess a vacation so she may as well spend the money while she has it.

It depends on the picture, but in that picture where they are standing you can see Hattie keeps getting larger.  She is substantially bigger than a while ago.  Liam is still overweight quite a bit.  Liam has a better chance of growing out of his than Hattie, unfortunately.  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TeslaNewton said:

Most of the kids and Tori don't look happy.

I noticed that too, especially Tori....usually on her unaffordable vacations she is happy despite the fact she can't afford it.  The kids always look unhappy in almost all pics she posts of them.  I don't care what smoke she blows to the public, you can't tell me down the line that her habit of avoiding problems, etc, isn't and won't affect them.  

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, alexa said:

I noticed that too, especially Tori....usually on her unaffordable vacations she is happy despite the fact she can't afford it.  The kids always look unhappy in almost all pics she posts of them.  I don't care what smoke she blows to the public, you can't tell me down the line that her habit of avoiding problems, etc, isn't and won't affect them.  

I'm surprised by how strained she looks. You're right, she usually looks so happy in all her pictures. It looks like shit is catching up to her, and fast.

• Love 4

Tori Spelling pairs her bikini with a full fishnet outfit

September 20, 2019

The 46-year-old actress was spotted walking around her neighborhood wearing a full look from “Real Housewives of Beverly Hills” Dorit Kemsley‘s swimwear brand, Beverly Beach by Dorit.

The “90210” star wore the label’s white “Santorini” tie-front top ($128) and “Milan” string bikini bottoms ($88) covered in a red poppy print underneath a long-sleeved fishnet “Camille” top ($58) with an adjustable drawcord waist and matching fishnet “Camille” bottoms ($68), both of which are named after the designer’s reality co-star Camille Grammer.

The photo is a must-see. 

https://pagesix.com/2019/09/20/tori-spelling-pairs-her-bikini-with-a-full-fishnet-outfit/

• LOL 2

The reality star thinks the ‘BH90210’ actress is ‘incredibly tacky.’

September 17, 2019

RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned that after Spelling moved into an expensive rental in the tony Hidden Hills enclave of Los Angeles she’s been desperate to become friends with her famous new neighbor, Kim Kardashian.

“She’s putting the word out to neighbors and mutual friends that she’d love to be in Kim’s moms’ club and get together for BBQs and playdates on the weekends with the other Kardashian sisters and their kids,” revealed the source.

However, Spelling “can’t even get a return call,” the source said, adding, “Truth is, Kim just thinks Tori is the world’s biggest loser and incredibly tacky with her mountain of debts and she’s annoyed that she’s brought her baggage to her exclusive Hidden Hills enclave.”

Spelling’s new 3,500 square-foot home, which she shares with her husband Dean McDermott and their five kids, boasts five bedrooms and five bathrooms.

Despite Spelling’s past financial problems, she and McDermott are reportedly shelling out a whopping $13,000 a month to call the digs home and be surrounded by other famous faces.

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019/09/tori-spelling-desperate-kim-kardashian-friendship/

• Useful 1

Because there is nowhere else to live in LA...it must cost 13k a month.  Well if Candy is paying for that, she is not doing her daughter any favors.  You can’t really be proud of someone that makes no effort to correct their financial situation.  I guess if she enjoys having a loser daughter and son in law, she is in luck.  I am so over her flaunting money she doesn’t have.  

• Love 9

I don't think she's going to buy anything.   If they keep renting, and Candy pays for it, no creditor can put a lien on where they're living.    The second they try to buy, here come the creditors.   Plus, unless Candy buys the house for them, they can't afford it, and probably have a credit rating below zero.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't think she's going to buy anything.   If they keep renting, and Candy pays for it, no creditor can put a lien on where they're living.    The second they try to buy, here come the creditors.   Plus, unless Candy buys the house for them, they can't afford it, and probably have a credit rating below zero.  

Plus, if Candy buys them a house, they can sell it & spend all the money ar Party City.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2

SEPT 26, 2019 
A few months after her former home shattered a California record by selling for $119.75 million, Candy Spelling is making waves in the real estate scene once more. Her waterfront mansion in Malibu just hit the market for $23 million.

Spelling shared the home for decades with her husband, prolific TV producer Aaron Spelling, until his death in 2006.

Enjoying 81 feet of water frontage on La Costa Beach, the brick-clad abode offers a markedly different feel than its coastal neighbors. Past a stately courtyard entry, it opens to more than 8,000 square feet of interiors.

Her former home, The Manor in Holmby Hills, is one of the most iconic estates in L.A. County. Nicknamed “Candyland” during the Spellings’ reign, the W-shaped chateau is larger than the White House, clocking in at 56,500 square feet.

Spelling sold it to Petra Ecclestone for $85 million in an all-cash deal in 2011. Then this summer, Ecclestone sold it for $119.75 million in the priciest home sale in California history, edging out a neoclassical-style mansion in the affluent Silicon Valley community of Woodside that traded hands for $117.5 million six years ago.

https://www.latimes.com/business/real-estate/story/2019-09-26/candy-spelling-seeks-23-million-for-malibu-beach-house

I am sure you will be excited to know that per a People article, Dean's ex wife / Dean/Tori have buried the hatchet.  They all had a lovely time at Jack's 21st bday and are the best of friends!  lol.  Anyway, good for them, but I can't really believe much about what they say about anything because all they really want to talk about lately is how great their relationship and sex life is.  They are trying to remain in the public eye, but mostly they are known for the debt they do nothing about....

• Love 5
On 10/25/2019 at 9:32 AM, BradandJanet said:

I just saw that Tori and another actress she teams up with sometimes are coming to Boston to do a show. Maybe Tori is out earning money to cover some of her debts. 

What kind of show? Like a TV show or some kind of live performance?

30 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

What kind of show? Like a TV show or some kind of live performance?

I am guessing it was the one that Tori and Jennie were doing for 90210?  I know they had to cancel some venues for lack of interest, but I haven't kept up with it.

Edited by alexa
  • Love 2

Thanks, y'all. I looked it up with the confirmation it's a live show and got this info from Ticketmaster.

Tori & Jennie Live: A Night to Remember

You and your best friend can reunite and re-live the days of watching 90210 together while watching Jennie & Tori live on stage in this interactive talk show giving you the ultimate insider's experience with the girls you love. Expect fashion, trivia, prizes, cocktails, laughs, and so much more. Anything can happen live!

It looks like they had ten shows planned and cancelled four. https://www.ticketmaster.com/jennie-garth-tori-spelling-tickets/artist/2671504

Tickets seem to range from $31 to almost $300.  I'd go to it for free, but I can't imagine paying to see them talk about 90210 live on stage.  I've read some of Tori's books and read interviews with the 90210 cast. I think I'm good. (And the farthest south they're going is apparently Maryland.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5

She has a post about BH90210 on her instagram, stating it was the highest rated summer show.  It seems like the ratings were just okay and not what they hoped for.  Was it really the highest rated because I am not certain that is true.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 2

It might have been the highest rated show under certain parameters- like "highest rated cable reality show under 10 episodes" or something like that.

I didn't really care for the show after the initial one. I think it would have worked better a TV movie than a 6 episode series.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Tatum said:

It might have been the highest rated show under certain parameters- like "highest rated cable reality show under 10 episodes" or something like that.

I didn't really care for the show after the initial one. I think it would have worked better a TV movie than a 6 episode series.

I didn't care for it at all.  And yes you are probably right about the ratings, but regardless Tori thinks it was ratings gold, lol.  I am pretty sure if the show continues, it will just lose viewers over time and not last all that long.

8 hours ago, ramble said:

I thought it was pretty terrible and I still continued to watch anyway. Sigh, I am part of the problem. 

It seems over on that forum a lot of people liked it. I really enjoyed the first episode from a sentimental standpoint, but found the ensuing episodes boring. I watched part of the second episode and then the remainder of that plus the rest of the episodes sat unwatched on DVR up until last month when I deleted it all unseen.

• Love 3
On 11/8/2019 at 9:55 PM, Scarlett45 said:

I saw this on Instagram and thought it would be a great idea for Tori. 

This is the stuff she's great at. Years ago she was a guest on one of the old style network shows about getting a look at different budgets and she killed it, down to the beauty products. She mentioned a wet & wild lip liner being an exact match for something five times the price, a makeup artist introduced her to it. I mention it because this was in the early 2000's before YouTube and internet makeup artists, influencers, all of it. She was full of tips and tricks. Down to using a nail file on the bottom of boots so they wouldn't skid on walking surfaces. 

It kills me that she is full of so much money making potential but gets in her own way. Like I said in an earlier post, she was one of the first celebrities to use social media in exchange for things back in the MySpace days. But she lost the momentum. It's frustrating to see so much opportunity wasted. 

• Love 7
36 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

It kills me that she is full of so much money making potential but gets in her own way. Like I said in an earlier post, she was one of the first celebrities to use social media in exchange for things back in the MySpace days. But she lost the momentum. It's frustrating to see so much opportunity wasted.

I think she’s this way because she’s not psychologically well. She’s functional (as in she can get to work, keep herself clean and exist in society) but she’s not well.  The woman isn’t lazy, and she isn’t prideful (she’s willing to do all sorts of different things) but her spending a symptom of something else. A “regular” person would have to be more controlled because if they didn’t they would be on the street- Tori knows she’s never actually going to be on the street so she hasn’t forced herself to deal with her issues. Had she worked on herself BEFORE she had all those kids she might be a healthy woman now. But now I don’t think she has the emotional bandwidth to deal with 6 different personalities (the kids and Dean), work and actually fix her compulsive spending and the root causes behind it. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 13

I think her compulsive spending is embedded into a deeper matrix of dysfunction in her personality.   Extreme wealth has buffered her, and to a large extent, her family, from the effects of this dysfunction.  As I said in the Kanye thread.... money is a huge protective force around mental health problems.  But sometimes even that isn't enough to last a lifetime...  

• Love 10

I agree with all of the mental health comments.  It has been clear that she hasn't been right for some time.  The fact that she is a fairly open person and likes to engage with her fans, but has never been able to become truly open about her finance problems and in addition flaunts expensive vacations, etc, just really shows that she has not gotten to the core of her personal problems.  Eventually it will catch up with her no matter how easy she has it with her mom paying the way, having been able to have so many kids, getting to live the Hollywood lifestyle....something will fall eventually.  

• Love 7

This is from mid-December and I didn't see it linked above so ... grab your barf buckets. 

“I am not great with money, and I know a lot of people read a lot of stuff about my financial things going on ... I had a business manager since I was 18 years old, so I never handled any of my money. Everything, everything, went to them, so unfortunately, I never quite learned about money. Now raising kids of my own, I’m like, that is so important.”

Something else Spelling never learned to do until recently: laundry.

“It’s so true,” she says. “And I’m only admitting that because my husband is really great at doing laundry. He’s so domestic. His mom taught him how to cook, do laundry and clean.”

But when she spent the summer away from McDermott to film BH90210, Spelling needed to learn how to utilize a washing machine and dryer.

“While I was in Vancouver filming BH90210, I wasn’t with my family so I had to do my own laundry,” she recalls. “And actually Stella [her 11-year-old daughter] came to visit me and she taught me how to do laundry. I fell in love with it and became obsessed with it.”

“I feel better when I’m pregnant,” Spelling says. “I get migraines a lot … When I’m pregnant I have so much energy, no migraines, I feel great all the time and I’ve got to tell you, there’s nothing like that feeling of always having someone with you. It’s like you’re getting warm hug 24/7.”

“I think our family is pretty complete even though I really, really don’t like odd numbers,” she says. “It’s [been] a thing my whole life. Even numbers are everything! I need to add one more. Beau needs a sister. Maybe I’ll just get another dog.”

https://people.com/tv/tori-spelling-admits-not-great-with-money/

• Love 1
On 1/31/2020 at 8:02 PM, suomi said:

This is from mid-December and I didn't see it linked above so ... grab your barf buckets. 

https://people.com/tv/tori-spelling-admits-not-great-with-money/

wow...as ridiculous as she is, it's a little heartbreaking too. She's obviously a deeply unhappy woman who has no idea how to fix herself and has basically just given up. And I could totally see her loving doing laundry- I mean, it's a doable chore with predictable results, which is probably a rarity in her world.

• Love 8
On 1/31/2020 at 8:02 PM, suomi said:

Something else Spelling never learned to do until recently: laundry.

“It’s so true,” she says. “And I’m only admitting that because my husband is really great at doing laundry. He’s so domestic. His mom taught him how to cook, do laundry and clean.”

But when she spent the summer away from McDermott to film BH90210, Spelling needed to learn how to utilize a washing machine and dryer.

“While I was in Vancouver filming BH90210, I wasn’t with my family so I had to do my own laundry,” she recalls. “And actually Stella [her 11-year-old daughter] came to visit me and she taught me how to do laundry. I fell in love with it and became obsessed with it.”

“I feel better when I’m pregnant,” Spelling says. “I get migraines a lot … When I’m pregnant I have so much energy, no migraines, I feel great all the time and I’ve got to tell you, there’s nothing like that feeling of always having someone with you. It’s like you’re getting warm hug 24/7.”

“I think our family is pretty complete even though I really, really don’t like odd numbers,” she says. “It’s [been] a thing my whole life. Even numbers are everything! I need to add one more. Beau needs a sister. Maybe I’ll just get another dog.”

This makes me sad.  😞  Tori has a lot of problems she needs to address...and not by adding more humans (or even) dogs to the situation. 

Also, it's 2020.  If an adult doesn't know how to do laundry, they can google it or watch how-to videos on YouTube.  Or she could have watched Dean do laundry sometime during their decade long marriage.  Do better, Tori. There may be other "normal people" things you can become "obsessed with" like laundry if you just try to start living like most of us.  And you can learn those things easily via Google or YouTube. You can do those normal people things instead of taking Four Seasons vacations on the regular or moving from one rented mansion to another every year or having another baby. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

Dean has always given me the skeeves, but I gotta give him some credit as a dad that he has taught kids at least some life skills if his 11 year old knows how to do laundry.  Pretty sad that said 11 year old had to teach her 40 something mom.  And It’s not funny Tor, it’s sad.

• Love 7

If you want a good laugh, go to Tori's instagram page.  It is her Valentine's entry for her and Dean--and it is a picture where she is seated and his head is in an odd place for a picture.  One of the comments was hilarious-- his head is on your crotch and you are wondering why you are getting reactions for it?  She is a mess.  It made me lol, though.  

• LOL 2

The latest on her instagram isn't quite so humorous, but I also think it shows a bit of her delusion.  It is a post about her oldest kids being bullied at school, etc, which of course I do not agree with.  But I think she needs to understand that posting half of what she does on instagram/social media does not help the situation.  There is a reason celebs often limit the posts about their kids, and perhaps she should take note of that.  I do hope things get better for her kids, though.  

• Love 2

A friend's daughter had a full ride scholarship to a very elite college.    Her roommates were always rich kids, who grew up with lots of servants.   She had to teach everyone how to do laundry, iron clothes, send things out for dry cleaning, make their beds, and all of the cleaning.  The girls grew up with servants, never had to do anything for themselves, and didn't even know anything about how to get along without a full time maid picking up after you.   

So it's good that Tori's kids know how to get along in life, and are teaching her too.  

• Love 3

It breaks my heart that any child is bullied. Liam and Stella don’t deserve it. It’s even more horrible because they deal with enough messiness at home.

Not sure why she’d publicly whine about losing financial help for schools. Some things should be kept to your inner circle. 

Speaking of that, I couldn’t make it through Dean’s podcast. He’s disgusting. I think all of us here already knew that though. 

• Love 2

They talk about/post about how Stella was bullied by boys both times at both schools and how she used to want to grow up to do something that would benefit and empower other women & girls.  I went to an all-girls high school and I know how mean girls can be, but I was bullied way less at the all-girls high school than my co-ed middle school (where both boys & girls bullied me).  Stella has now been at three different schools due to bullying.  If this continues, perhaps Stella may want to try to see if she feels more comfortable at an all-girls school. (I think Tori graduated from an all-girls school, the Westlake School for Girls, which merged with a boys' school sometime in the 90s and became Harvard-Westlake. I think Tori was in one of the last graduating all-girls classes. So the option of trying an all-girls school for Stella shouldn't be too foreign to her.)

And I agree with other posters that the stuff their parents have put out into the public about their private lives, etc. probably don't help with the bullying the kids get. 😞

• Love 6

https://www.beautywithtori.com/

Did ya'll know this was a thing? Cause it's a thing. (I think Tori is a NuSkin consultant and I think NuSkin is a MLM? Is that what's going on here?)

Edit: It is indeed NuSkin (which is a MLM), although her website is set up to make it not super obvious that the brand is NuSkin.  Googling tells me she's been part of this MLM since 2018 and Ian Ziering was (or is?) in it, too.  I guess at least she doesn't seem to push it too much in her @torispelling instagram (she has a @beautywithtori one that does a little more). 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

https://www.beautywithtori.com/

Did ya'll know this was a thing? Cause it's a thing. (I think Tori is a NuSkin consultant and I think NuSkin is a MLM? Is that what's going on here?)

Edit: It is indeed NuSkin (which is a MLM), although her website is set up to make it not super obvious that the brand is NuSkin.  Googling tells me she's been part of this MLM since 2018 and Ian Ziering was (or is?) in it, too.  I guess at least she doesn't seem to push it too much in her @torispelling instagram (she has a @beautywithtori one that does a little more). 

She had some Instagram posts a while back about joining  with her and showing her with some of the group, but I didn’t really know what it was.  I did assume it would be one of those things she is interested in for a short time and then moves on.  

Edited by alexa
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Notice how she kept saying they didn't get paid or they didn't get any money. I'm sure she got paid in merchandise or trips or something else. Nobody mentions all the companies for no reason.

Tori Spelling Fires Back At Trolls Accusing Her Of Exploiting Her Kids

And she needs to get a new makeup person, one who knows how to match the color of her face to the rest of her body instead of making her look like she's wearing a kabuki mask. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, GaT said:

Notice how she kept saying they didn't get paid or they didn't get any money. I'm sure she got paid in merchandise or trips or something else. Nobody mentions all the companies for no reason.

Tori Spelling Fires Back At Trolls Accusing Her Of Exploiting Her Kids

And she needs to get a new makeup person, one who knows how to match the color of her face to the rest of her body instead of making her look like she's wearing a kabuki mask. 

Exactly.  Who is going to post a simple family post and just randomly mention companies while doing so?  I guess another bit of proof how clueless she is?  Kind of like that she still hasn't figured out that posting vacations on insta is not a good idea when people know you are "broke".  

• Love 6