Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
CuriousParker

True Blood

I’m trying a rewatch of this show for the first time in many years. Well, I guess since it ended. It hasn’t aged well, IMO. It’s possible there’s just been too much good television in the last five years. 

As silly as the books were, some of the changes the show made really didn’t do it any favors. 

I remember when the whole Russell Edginton plot seemed hilariously twisted and campy, and now it’s just ... hard to even watch. 

Also? I would love a supercut version that gets rid of all of Jason’s B-plots, all of Sam’s b-plots, and most of Terry and Arlene’s b-plots. They can also take Hoyt and Jessica. And I’m only on season 4. 

I wasn’t even an Eric/Sookie shipper, and I’d forgotten how irritating it is that they make Eric into a total moron during his amnesia. It wouldn’t have killed them to throw a romantic bone into the campy soup of that arc. 

(Currently watching him derp around after killing Claudine.)

Edited by kieyra · Reason: Added

I have a rant and have to let it out. 

(Keep in mind I still haven't seen S7 and I've seen seasons 1-6 two or three times each)

The Eddie storyline kills my heart and boils my blood everytime. I never could forgive Jason for the rest of the series. Amy is there with Janice & AJ Soprano for my most hated characters ever; however, unlike Aida (and to an extent, Robert), the actress is not all that great. Ugh. I hate FF'ing scenes--especially with Stehen Root!!--but I just can't take it. Never since the cheating on Brenda by Dylan & Kelly have I raged at such a storyline.

I feel better. Thanks for letting me get that off my chest! 😁🤗

• Like 3

On 3/26/2019 at 9:51 PM, kieyra said:

I’m trying a rewatch of this show for the first time in many years. Well, I guess since it ended. It hasn’t aged well.

Also? I would love a supercut version that gets rid of all of Jason’s B-plots, all of Sam’s b-plots, and most of Terry and Arlene’s b-plots. They can also take Hoyt and Jessica. And I’m only on season 4. 

Oddly I like those B plots and could do without most of the bill, eric, sookie plotlines — also a lot less maryann and the later russell plots and almost all the fairy stuff! It WAS nice seeing Rutger Hauer  

I thought the ending worked well. I could see everyone just maxing out on the drama. I also thought that close to the right amount of time was spent on it and it was nice to have a happy ending. 

It did seem like Bill was going to become human for a while but maybe that was the point of the disease. It humanizes you and then kills you. 

Edited by Affogato

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:07 AM, scrb said:

Anna Paquin is a fixer for a London PR company whose clientele includes stars.  She’s a fixer when they get into trouble.

First season of 6 episodes available on Showtime on demand.  Apparently a second season coming as well.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8128344/

So... female Ray Donovan? lol