Type keyword(s) to search

Torchwood - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Captanne said:

#Torchwood is trending on Entertainment Twitter!  I think Jack is making end of season cameos on Dr. Who?

I love how he says it had to be a secret and then lists all the people he told, lol.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Not only is it still up but Mori and David-Lloyd were there a few weeks ago and posted an absolutely hilarious (short, only a few seconds) video about it on Twitter.  I'm out the door at work for the weekend right now but if I can find it, I'll post it.  Adorbs.

As promised:  video of Mori and David-Lloyd at Ianto Shrine.  

Gareth David-Lloyd (@Pancheers)

12/5/19, 10:08 AM

Caught someone defacing Ianto’s shrine today pic.twitter.com/WalI1GhKjI

Also:  A Wales Online article I ran across.  https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/ianto-shrine-torchwood-cardiff-bay-17636862

Edited by Captanne
  • Love 1

I've watched Dr. Who since Tom Baker's era -- got absolutely gobsmacked by Christopher Eccelston's Nine and then my whole world was rocked by the entire relationship between Ten and Jack Harkness.  (I learned to keep an abiding, dark, hot hatred of Ten while enjoying him on the surface).  Torchwood was a treat and then "Cyberwoman" happened.  While the technical side of the show was crap, the performances and the STORY were rich and layered and complicated.......combining this new deeply flawed but somehow noble character in Ianto Jones with Jack's character was incredible.  Really incredible on so so many levels.

And then, in one fell swoop, Russell T. Davies took this amazing thing he had created and murdered it in cold blood on nationwide television.  Fuck him for that.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Captanne said:

I've watched Dr. Who since Tom Baker's era -- got absolutely gobsmacked by Christopher Eccelston's Nine and then my whole world was rocked by the entire relationship between Ten and Jack Harkness.  (I learned to keep an abiding, dark, hot hatred of Ten while enjoying him on the surface).  Torchwood was a treat and then "Cyberwoman" happened.  While the technical side of the show was crap, the performances and the STORY were rich and layered and complicated.......combining this new deeply flawed but somehow noble character in Ianto Jones with Jack's character was incredible.  Really incredible on so so many levels.

And then, in one fell swoop, Russell T. Davies took this amazing thing he had created and murdered it in cold blood on nationwide television.  Fuck him for that.

I will never understand taking a cast of five and killing three.  Tosh and particularly Ianto’s death were the hardest for me.  I felt there was so much more story to tell.  I would have loved to see where Ianto lived.    I wish we could have got a whole episode where Ianto reconnects with other Canary Wharf survivors. I wanted to see Ianto and The Doctor interact.  

• Love 3