Type keyword(s) to search

Three's Company - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Watching reruns of Three's Company is like going into a time machine.

The polyester clothes with the loud colors, especially on Ralph Furley!

The shag carpeting!

Having a whole lot of fun, even before cell phones and facebook!

Good Times. . . 

Edited by TheLastKidPicked
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

I'm still in the process of watching the complete series DVD set. The last episode I watched was apparently the final episode with Lana.

I heard that her character was written out, because John Ritter didn't like the character. Kind of like Jack on the show, funny enough.

On 1/15/2019 at 12:19 PM, TheLastKidPicked said:

Having a whole lot of fun, even before cell phones and facebook!

Good Times. . . 

And miracle of miracle, even depending on landlines and payphones, everyone still managed to connect!

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

And miracle of miracle, even depending on landlines and payphones, everyone still managed to connect!

Yeah I know. 3's Company was a classic of a sitcom where miscommunication caused "wacky hi-jinks". However, it did show a simple time on how people stayed connected. I still however to this day don't get why Mr. Roper hated sleeping with his wife. He came off like she was some sex crazed Cougar.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, SnarkySheep said:

There was a line that showed how much things have changed.

A friend was driving across town to visit Jack and Janet.  At the last minute, Jack and Janet found out they wouldn't be there to meet their friend.

Janet:  Can you call him and tell him we won't be here?

Jack:  Oh, sure!  If he had a phone. . . in his car!

And laughter from the audience at just how rediculous this would be.  I love watching for lines like that one.

1 hour ago, readster said:

I still however to this day don't get why Mr. Roper hated sleeping with his wife. He came off like she was some sex crazed Cougar.

You hit the nail on the head by calling Mrs. Roper a Cougar.   I think the humor comes from the fact that as opposed to the younger set, where men the pursuers, the roles are reversed for Stan and Helen.  In that apartment SHE is the one in pursuit.  (With the same results as Jack and Larry).

• Love 5

Yeah I know. 3's Company was a classic of a sitcom where miscommunication caused "wacky hi-jinks".

Yep.  One of my (many) LOL moments in the series Friends is an early episode where the Friends are watching a Three's Company rerun and Chandler says, "I think this is the one where there's a misunderstanding."

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
48 minutes ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

You hit the nail on the head by calling Mrs. Roper a Cougar.   I think the humor comes from the fact that as opposed to the younger set, where men the pursuers, the roles are reversed for Stan and Helen.  In that apartment SHE is the one in pursuit.  (With the same results as Jack and Larry).

Right and that's one of the things that came off as "contraversal" with the show. Here it was the wife was always after her man to have sex with them. Instead of the wife: "Oh, stop Stan, not tonight I have a headache." However, at the same time Stan at times came off like having sex with Helen would mean he would die if it was more regular than once or twice every 3 months.

• Love 4
(edited)
On 7/29/2019 at 1:49 PM, readster said:

I still however to this day don't get why Mr. Roper . . .

I'm so glad you brought up Stanley Roper.  Norman Fell plays Stanley for laughs, but don't underestimate Norman Fell.  He is a deep thinker, and here is what he said during an interview while the show was on top.

“I don’t like flamboyance,” Fell professes. “I would never own a Rolls-Royce.” He and Karen drive suitably chic old-model Porsches. “I like understating elegance,” he continues. “I like a raincoat with a mink lining. Nobody sees the lining, but my wife knows it’s there.” 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I don't know how the rest of you feel, but I will forever be irritated at the out-of-nowhere rushed insertions of Phillip and Vicki and that Jack/Janet didn't end up together. 

YES!! I know they always want to wrap things up at the end of any series, but Jack seriously had a zillion girlfriends throughout the show's run. Any of them would have been better than Vicki; and of course, even though some might think it corny, Janet would have been BEST. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, SnarkySheep said:

YES!! I know they always want to wrap things up at the end of any series, but Jack seriously had a zillion girlfriends throughout the show's run. Any of them would have been better than Vicki; and of course, even though some might think it corny, Janet would have been BEST. 

Yay! Someone that agrees!

Phillip seriously came out of nowhere. He and Janet met one episode and the next episode they were engaged.

The reasoning the producers used for not doing Jack/Janet made no sense, that they needed the antagonism of Jack and his girlfriend's dad and Mr. Wood had already met and liked Jack. Yes, he liked Jack as a roommate/friend/protector for Janet, but finding out that he was now the man doinking his daughter would be completely different.

• Love 3
On 8/3/2019 at 4:26 PM, SnarkySheep said:

YES!! I know they always want to wrap things up at the end of any series, but Jack seriously had a zillion girlfriends throughout the show's run. Any of them would have been better than Vicki; and of course, even though some might think it corny, Janet would have been BEST

On 8/3/2019 at 5:25 PM, LexieLily said:

The reasoning the producers used for not doing Jack/Janet made no sense, that they needed the antagonism of Jack and his girlfriend's dad and Mr. Wood had already met and liked Jack. Yes, he liked Jack as a roommate/friend/protector for Janet, but finding out that he was now the man doinking his daughter would be completely different.

The really sad part of this is how they treated John Ritter and Joyce Dewitt when the producers decided to end Three's Company and start Three's a Crowd.  They insisted that it be kept a secret, and John Ritter couldn't even tell Joyce about it.  She found out on accident that she wouldn't be part of the new show.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

The really sad part of this is how they treated John Ritter and Joyce Dewitt when the producers decided to end Three's Company and start Three's a Crowd.  They insisted that it be kept a secret, and John Ritter couldn't even tell Joyce about it.  She found out on accident that she wouldn't be part of the new show.

I know, it seems that 3's Company atmopshere had to ALWAYS bring problems. If it wasn't what happened with Susanne Somers, it was backlash from other groups to producers doing things that were very "under handed". I see why long after the show ended why everyone was going: "You know we were just trying to do our jobs and have fun!" 

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:49 AM, TheLastKidPicked said:

I have the Three's Company book and there was a lot said outright and implied that Joyce was very hurt and betrayed by the way all of that happened. In terms of Jack/Janet she said that she didn't think she would have been willing to work with those producers again but some version of the Janet character or that relationship/friendship should have been in the new show.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 8/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, LexieLily said:

I guess there was also the factor of Jack living with his girlfriend, who didn't want to get married -- which wasn't a sentiment that Janet had ever expressed. Not that it really mattered, the TV sitcom-scape is littered with the corpses of characters changing their minds on the whims of writers, so it doesn't really wash that they couldn't use Janet for any of this.

It was a big mistake, at any rate. Using Janet would've made her and Jack's history a lot richer of a tapestry for storylines, the Three's Company fandom would've been more likely to watch the show and most importantly, Joyce could act. I don't know where they found that actress that played Vicki but she was terrible.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, kariyaki said:

It was a big mistake, at any rate. Using Janet would've made her and Jack's history a lot richer of a tapestry for storylines, the Three's Company fandom would've been more likely to watch the show and most importantly, Joyce could act. I don't know where they found that actress that played Vicki but she was terrible.

I don't think Three's a Crowd lasted for more than two seasons. From what the TC book told me the only Three's Company characters to make visits were Larry and Greedy Gretchen (I have no idea why when I don't think we ever saw her on the original show.)

Vicki wasn't even a big part or even a moderate-sized part of Three's Company so they were solely banking on John Ritter. Which wasn't a BAD choice, Ritter was fantastic, but like you said using Janet would have given them years of already-established history to pull from. Their first computer-match date went horribly. Go from there and see what happens!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
9 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Greedy Gretchen (I have no idea why when I don't think we ever saw her on the original show.)

We did see Greedy Gretchen. Jack and Larry talked about her all the time, but I think we only saw her once. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Vicki wasn't even a big part or even a moderate-sized part of Three's Company so they were solely banking on John Ritter. Which wasn't a BAD choice, Ritter was fantastic, but like you said using Janet would have given them years of already-established history to pull from. Their first computer-match date went horribly. Go from there and see what happens!

Yeah, they really did think Ritter was going to carry the show, but they really dumped a lot of stuff that would HAVE continued to work. 3's a Crowd would have probably had a better chance of continuing on.

• Love 4
On 8/8/2019 at 1:06 PM, kariyaki said:

I guess there was also the factor of Jack living with his girlfriend, who didn't want to get married -- which wasn't a sentiment that Janet had ever expressed. Not that it really mattered, the TV sitcom-scape is littered with the corpses of characters changing their minds on the whims of writers, so it doesn't really wash that they couldn't use Janet for any of this.

It's also like they had when the Ropers left and Furley came on as the landlord and continue to keep up the escapade: "Jack is gay" to keep him living there. When they gave Jack more freedom to try and "date" after the Ropers were gone, I just never really saw why Furley AND his brother had to hold on to: "no co-ed roommates." I mean they are fine with someone being gay as long as they don't see it, but women and men living together. Oh no parish the thought, especially in the early 80s when that was more common. 

• Useful 2
On 8/8/2019 at 1:32 PM, kariyaki said:

We did see Greedy Gretchen. Jack and Larry talked about her all the time, but I think we only saw her once. 

You might have seen a great interview with Richard Kline.  He said that what made Larry such a great character was that you always saw him in pursuit of the ladies, but never saw him succeed.

Knowing this when you watch reruns makes the Larry character all the more fun to watch.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 5/20/2020 at 10:15 AM, readster said:

It's also like they had when the Ropers left and Furley came on as the landlord and continue to keep up the escapade: "Jack is gay" to keep him living there. When they gave Jack more freedom to try and "date" after the Ropers were gone, I just never really saw why Furley AND his brother had to hold on to: "no co-ed roommates." I mean they are fine with someone being gay as long as they don't see it, but women and men living together. Oh no parish the thought, especially in the early 80s when that was more common. 

I don't even understand how they managed to pull it off for as long as they did - we're talking at least eight years that Jack/Janet and Chrissy/Cindy/Terri lived in that apartment. I know Roper and especially Furley weren't ever the sharpest tools in the drawer, but Mrs. Roper figured it out the first day. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
51 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I don't even understand how they managed to pull it off for as long as they did - we're talking at least eight years that Jack/Janet and Chrissy/Cindy/Terri lived in that apartment. I know Roper and especially Furley weren't ever the sharpest tools in the drawer, but Mrs. Roper figured it out the first day. 

I also think it was a big stupid when it got to Furley. Granted, there are some great pieces with Furley not getting things and of course Don Knots was just a comic genius. However, by the time the Ropers were gone for good in season 5. That should have been just it, because when Season 8 came to a close as it switched to Three's a Crowd. EVERYONE knew Jack had been straight for years. Plus, unlike Roper, Furley was a playboy, he was after women too, his was just more electric because he was an older man. Hell, there could have been some great jokes between Jack and Furley in the series about dating tips. Something else that was also true of the series as it got on with age, Larry was honestly a major ass by the last three years of the series. I mean he put Jack in some really horrible situations where when he was gone by Three's a Crowd, you really didn't miss him. His only guest appearance during that, he was written more of Season 1-2 Larry than the over grown man-child looking for a night in the sack he became by season 5. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, readster said:

I also think it was a big stupid when it got to Furley. Granted, there are some great pieces with Furley not getting things and of course Don Knots was just a comic genius. However, by the time the Ropers were gone for good in season 5. That should have been just it, because when Season 8 came to a close as it switched to Three's a Crowd. EVERYONE knew Jack had been straight for years. Plus, unlike Roper, Furley was a playboy, he was after women too, his was just more electric because he was an older man. Hell, there could have been some great jokes between Jack and Furley in the series about dating tips. Something else that was also true of the series as it got on with age, Larry was honestly a major ass by the last three years of the series. I mean he put Jack in some really horrible situations where when he was gone by Three's a Crowd, you really didn't miss him. His only guest appearance during that, he was written more of Season 1-2 Larry than the over grown man-child looking for a night in the sack he became by season 5. 

I never watched any of Three's a Crowd. Larry guest-starred? Were Janet and Terri ever mentioned?

• Love 1
11 hours ago, LexieLily said:

I never watched any of Three's a Crowd. Larry guest-starred? Were Janet and Terri ever mentioned?

Twice, especially the "real" first episode of the series as Jack talks about the old apartment for 8 years and even his brief stay at the Y when he was first in school. The show was funny, but they really relied SO MUCH on Ritter carrying the series and adding in the cliche "father is against his relationship with his daughter" crap. Especially, when he was one to talk about marriage since he messed up his own being a stubborn, cheap know it all (Yes they combined all the worst traits of the Ropers and Furley) and of course he owned Jack's restaurant and apartment building. So, he made life miserable about 45% of the time for Jack his and his "live in" girlfriend.

• Useful 1
On 5/23/2020 at 7:01 AM, readster said:

So, he made life miserable about 45% of the time for Jack his and his "live in" girlfriend.

And you point out what is different about Three's a Crowd.  I understand people have to grow and mature, but Three's a Crowd was missing that young, innocent "Life is Good" feeling you get watching the original Three's Company.

• Love 5

I hated Three’s a Crowd and never understood why they spun it off instead of keeping the original.

I especially hated Vicki’s father. It seems they needed a foil like the original but he can’t pull it off like Mr Roper or Mr Furley. The difference is that Roper and Furley liked Jack even when they gave him a hard time. The father was just a jerk.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, LexieLily said:

Didn't Three's A Crowd only last a season or two?

It ran for one season.  I always thought they should have spun this off with Jack and Janet but I guess Three's A Crowd was akin to the British spinoff of Britain's Three's Company.  

That spinoff was more of a success. 

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

I especially hated Vicki’s father. It seems they needed a foil like the original but he can’t pull it off like Mr Roper or Mr Furley. The difference is that Roper and Furley liked Jack even when they gave him a hard time. The father was just a jerk.

Exactly, and he never really gave Jack a break EXCEPT when Jack pushed him out of being hit by a car. Then Vicki's father was so loving of Jack, it was too much for him. Then of course a hairbrain idea to get him to hate them lead to him almost getting killed. So of course hated Jack even more. Three's a Crowd was going to get a 13 episode order, but John Ritter wanted a full season but then ABC decided to buy Differt' Strokes from NBC after it got cancelled and that lasted one season because you know, outside of Gary Coleman, NO ONE WAS LEFT. Great job there ABC.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/2/2020 at 11:51 AM, Door County Cherry said:

It ran for one season.  I always thought they should have spun this off with Jack and Janet but I guess Three's A Crowd was akin to the British spinoff of Britain's Three's Company.  

That spinoff was more of a success. 

If it was Jack/Janet the spinoff might have worked. If it was anyone with even a hint of a connection to Three's Company it might have had a chance, but Vicki showed up in the last episode before the series finale and the audience was expected to care enough about Jack's relationship with her to follow them to a new series? Not to mention how it never made sense that notorious womanizer Jack Tripper would fall in love so quickly, and that's on top of Janet's out-of-nowhere relationship and marriage. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 6/2/2020 at 10:02 AM, Snow Apple said:

You make a really good point here.  When you look at the supporting characters, they all have their flaws but none of them were flat out jerks.

Or to look at it another way-- Mr. Furley was pretty goofy sometimes, but you wouldn't mind having him as a neighbor.  

• Love 6
(edited)
15 hours ago, TheLastKidPicked said:

You make a really good point here.  When you look at the supporting characters, they all have their flaws but none of them were flat out jerks.

Or to look at it another way-- Mr. Furley was pretty goofy sometimes, but you wouldn't mind having him as a neighbor.  

Right, Vicki's father was unlikable from the start. Even meeting Vicki's mother, you had to wonder how the hell they even got together. He was seeing Vicki as "daddy's little girl" but he was a horrible person. I mean he at times tried to get them to break up over the most dumbest things. Despite things with Roper and Furley, they were never trying to get Jack or the girls kicked out or anything. They just didn't view co-ed living, which these days is so common, people don't even blink.  In fact, many times they went to Jack for help on things like: jobs, cooking, running errons, ect. 

Then you added that Vicki's father owned their building, which meant he could shut down the restaurant or kick them out of the apartment at anytime. Then add in Vicki's excuse: "I can't get married look at my parents." Then guess what Jack, run far, far away. Plus, this was a prime example of two people who hated each other and stayed together for their kid. However, grand example that is more damaging then honestly realizing you can't function as a married couple, but do fine as parents. Because over the short course of the show, Vicki never ONCE said they were horrible parents, they were just horrible as married couple. 

Edited by readster
  • Love 5

Antenna TV plays this a couple times a day. I don't know what it is, but I get vaguely depressed watching this show. Is it the ugly decor or the often hammy acting? 

John Ritter was genuinely good, as was Suzanne Somers, Norman Fell, Don Knotts, but Joyce deWitt often seemed to be projecting to the back row and the less said about Priscilla Barnes and the actress who played Cindy, the better. 

13 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Antenna TV plays this a couple times a day. I don't know what it is, but I get vaguely depressed watching this show. Is it the ugly decor or the often hammy acting? 

John Ritter was genuinely good, as was Suzanne Somers, Norman Fell, Don Knotts, but Joyce deWitt often seemed to be projecting to the back row and the less said about Priscilla Barnes and the actress who played Cindy, the better. 

I thought I was The only one who felt that way about Joyce DeWitt. Her acting is so frantic and twitchy, and that's saying something for such an over the top show.

Although "Cindy" annoyed me, I also felt sorry for her. They hired her to replace Susanne and tried to make a clone instead of making a new character with her own personality. Except the actress didn't have the effortless charm and warmth that Susanne pulled off for a dim character.

I actually liked the Teri.

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, Snow Apple said:

I thought I was The only one who felt that way about Joyce DeWitt. Her acting is so frantic and twitchy, and that's saying something for such an over the top show.

Although "Cindy" annoyed me, I also felt sorry for her. They hired her to replace Susanne and tried to make a clone instead of making a new character with her own personality. Except the actress didn't have the effortless charm and warmth that Susanne pulled off for a dim character.

I actually liked Terri too, just because you knew she had to have a brain to be a nurse, so she wasn't completely moronic like Chrissy and Cindy. (Terri in her personal life, notwithstanding.)

I read that Priscilla Barnes had a negative experience on the show, though. Don't really remember why. 

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I read that Priscilla Barnes had a negative experience on the show, though. Don't really remember why. 

Something about the producers being control freaks? I remember reading something about Priscilla saying that they would call her into the office to nitpick the blondeness of her hair.

I actually really like Joyce DeWitt in this, she works very well with John Ritter. I’ve been watching it on the Pluto TV channel quite a bit lately when there’s nothing else on (which is pretty often) and it seems to me Joyce does a lot more of the physical comedy than I’d noticed previously. And there’s a lot of scenes where her job seems to be the John Ritter Wrangler, where they drag each other back and forth in the scene.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Snow Apple said:

Yes, Cindy was such a poor imitation of Chrissy and the actress was terribly wooden. Suzanne Somers toed the line of dumb blonde with hints that she wasn't as dumb as people thought she was and she was genuinely likable. Cindy was a one-note caricature (incidentally, I saw that actress on an episode of Murder She Wrote and she was playing the same one-note character there and doing just as bad a job. That was poor casting.

Terri bugged me for the same reason Janet did, the bug-eyed, shouty, overacting reactions. You could watch this show with the sound off and still know exactly when one of them overheard something "shocking" that they've misconstrued and are off to the races jumping to conclusions. It's acting, not mime class, ladies. Take it down a notch...

And in fairness, maybe the overacting bugs me more through the lens of modern times. So when Janet or Terri is SHOCKED to find out that Jack has say, slept with a woman (or they think he has, based on some misunderstanding), it's kind of eye-rolly already, but especially so with the huge, outsized reaction.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Cindy was such a poor imitation of Chrissy and the actress was terribly wooden. Suzanne Somers toed the line of dumb blonde with hints that she wasn't as dumb as people thought she was and she was genuinely likable. Cindy was a one-note caricature (incidentally, I saw that actress on an episode of Murder She Wrote and she was playing the same one-note character there and doing just as bad a job. That was poor casting.

Well, they were in a bit of a crunch with having to replace Suzanne as fast as they could.

• Love 2

TPTB are really horrible people. Although Mr. Furley was my favorite of the two landlords, I really felt for Norman Fell. He never wanted to do a spin-off, but they forced him and lied that the Ropers can come back if the spinoff failed. Well the The Ropers got canceled and they basically told Norman "too bad, so sad. Bye."

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Snow Apple said:

TPTB are really horrible people. Although Mr. Furley was my favorite of the two landlords, I really felt for Norman Fell. He never wanted to do a spin-off, but they forced him and lied that the Ropers can come back if the spinoff failed. Well the The Ropers got canceled and they basically told Norman "too bad, so sad. Bye."

Didn't help when they put John Ritter in Three's a Crowd years later. Thinking he could carry the show, but really didn't have much with the "new" characters. They dumped pretty much the entire cast and made Jack looking like someone who should have sold the bistro and left town. Even when there would have been a second season and Ritter saying he wanted a full season and later admitted it was because if the show only lasted 2 years they could wrap up Jack's story. Yet, they basically were: "Well, sorry you do 13 or we don't do the show." So, history repeated itself like with Fell. 

Three's Company is coming to IFC on the 27th. Will anyone be tuning in?

I plan to watch at least a few episodes that day. Granted, I already have the complete series boxset that I can watch any time, but I like to show some support for the TV airings as well.

• Love 1
On 10/4/2020 at 6:55 PM, kariyaki said:

I actually really like Joyce DeWitt in this, she works very well with John Ritter. I’ve been watching it on the Pluto TV channel quite a bit lately when there’s nothing else on (which is pretty often) and it seems to me Joyce does a lot more of the physical comedy than I’d noticed previously. And there’s a lot of scenes where her job seems to be the John Ritter Wrangler, where they drag each other back and forth in the scene.

Interesting point, and now that you have mentioned it, I notice it while watching.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:40 AM, Lili said:

Three's Company is coming to IFC on the 27th. Will anyone be tuning in?

I plan to watch at least a few episodes that day. Granted, I already have the complete series boxset that I can watch any time, but I like to show some support for the TV airings as well.

We've been watching again in our house.  I just cannot believe how well the show holds up.  Granted, this is make believe TV, but when watching the kids say,  "It seems like you all had more fun before cell phones and the internet."

• Love 6

Yeah, it holds up very well. It's one of the oldest shows I watch too. Most sitcoms I watch are from the 80's to today, this one is from the 70's, going into the early 80's.

But yeah, I also caught a few episodes on IFC during that marathon they had.

Also, these seem to be the same versions of the episodes they air on Logo. Some time is cut from the episodes. That's part of why I bought the complete series DVD set. Sometime, I want to compare the DVD set and current TV airings of some episodes and see just what parts are cut out.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Lili said:

Sometime, I want to compare the DVD set and current TV airings of some episodes and see just what parts are cut out.

Going from memory it’s mostly the beginning scenes and/or the end scenes of an episode with some smaller snippets in the main body.

For instance, in syndication, the episode where Chrissy is dating the film buff always started with them coming home from their date but the dvd version has a whole scene in the beginning of Jack and Janet vegging out on the couch.

• Useful 1

Three’s a Crowd could have been good if they had had a decent supporting cast of characters. Vicky was sweet but dull. Robert Mandan was a talented actor but his character was super annoying. And the assistant chef/surfer dude was a cardboard cutout. 

They should have had a girlfriend who was intelligent and sexy and who could have bantered with Jack (not Janet - she and Jack had too much of a sibling vibe). Maybe Felipe as the assistant chef? And a few more people to work in the restaurant? How were they running that place with two people. They should have also gotten Richard Kline to come back (they wanted him to be a regular but he turned it down to be the lead in a busted pilot). Why did Jack have to give up all his old friends because he moved a mile away?

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, Kyle said:

Why did Jack have to give up all his old friends because he moved a mile away?

We all know all the behind-the-scenes reasons why none of the TC players would have been in the new show even if they were asked, but yeah, it makes no sense that Jack worked in the exact same restaurant and lived in the same city and never saw or mentioned any of his friends that had been a major part of his life for the last eight years.

• Like 1