Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9: Hello Abbie!

• Start Topic

I'm surprised it wasn't written for Abbie to say that to the father. If she can get under the serial killer's skin in "Agony," she definitely would've gotten under the arrogant father's. If Jamie was still on the show, I think she would've been the one to gotoe to toe against him and even work for his ex wife to make sure his parents didn't get his daughter and to make sure he served the maxed sentence.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Arcadiasw said:

I'm surprised it wasn't written for Abbie to say that to the father. If she can get under the serial killer's skin in "Agony," she definitely would've gotten under the arrogant father's. If Jamie was still on the show, I think she would've been the one to gotoe to toe against him and even work for his ex wife to make sure his parents didn't get his daughter and to make sure he served the maxed sentence.

Yep. Remember in "Ritual" how Jamie went to Family Court to get Allison a Guardian Ad Litem, or rather, was the Guardian Ad Litem, so that her mother wouldn't get custody, because her maternal Grandmother would make sure that she'd get that horrible, horrible "circumcision" done to her. And that her paternal grandparents were trying to get custody.  And she had to deal with that asshole of a judge, to boot. Fortunately, the father made a plea deal, with the condition that his parents would retain custody, and that mom would have supervised visits.  I remember Jamie saying that the defense wouldn't have "far to go" to convince her of the extenuating circumstances.  And even Jack knew his summation was shit.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Yep. Remember in "Ritual" how Jamie went to Family Court to get Allison a Guardian Ad Litem, or rather, was the Guardian Ad Litem, so that her mother wouldn't get custody, because her maternal Grandmother would make sure that she'd get that horrible, horrible "circumcision" done to her. And that her paternal grandparents were trying to get custody.  And she had to deal with that asshole of a judge, to boot. Fortunately, the father made a plea deal, with the condition that his parents would retain custody, and that mom would have supervised visits.  I remember Jamie saying that the defense wouldn't have "far to go" to convince her of the extenuating circumstances.  And even Jack knew his summation was shit.

I cringe every time I watch that episode. During the scene where the circumcision  is described, I have to put the TV on mute. It's so sad this actually happens in certain parts of the world.

• Love 3

So Cherished is on Sundance right now, and for shits and giggles I checked IMDB and found out that Spencer Breslin, who played Nicholas Waring, was only six at the time the episode first aired. I thought he had to have been pretty young because he was so baby faced, and it makes Nicholas even scarier since he was supposed to be about the same age. I can't imagine what those adoptive parents thought they'd do once he got older, since at the end of the ep Abbie was telling Jack they'd petitioned the court to regain custody of him.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I'm watching Scrambled, the episode about the murdered fertility clinic employee. My word, someone needs to punch Rey in the face in this one. Repeatedly.

Starting with Van Buren, then Lennie, then... (Think the sequence in "Airplane!")

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

I'm watching Scrambled, the episode about the murdered fertility clinic employee. My word, someone needs to punch Rey in the face in this one. Repeatedly.

You would think that, given Rey's feelings about Debra's illness, he would be a little less glib about "nobody gets promised a happy ending" or whatever it was he said. Van Buren's "Excuse me?" (with a neck roll implied) makes me think she was thisclose to throwing something at his head. He makes up for it a little in Refuge with his sympathy for the young witness, but yeah. Shut up, Rey.

• Love 5

Also, thanks to the new format thing on WE, they have little trivia tidbits before the commercial breaks during the L & O mini marathons, and I found out that Vanessa Williams auditioned for the part of Abbie Carmichael before Angie Harmon did. Learn something new every day.l

• Love 1
On 6/17/2016 at 5:27 PM, roseslg said:

I can't imagine Vanessa Williams in the role (as Abbie).  Maybe if she channeled some of Wilhemena Slater...

Seconded. Angie Harmon isn't the most talented actress ever, but I thought she killed it more often than not in this role.

• Love 1

Watching “Scrambled” this morning. Rey was a prick in this episode. I remember him pissing off Van Buren about her sister’s fertility struggles. I forgot Rey went after Lennie when he was only trying to make a counter argument. Rey went on and on how he doesn’t support scientists experimenting with embryos and fetus. A lot of people are like this but there’s a time and place for it and it’s not work. Lennie was focusing on their case except Rey wouldn’t shut up so Lennie fairly asked if he would use stem cells to cure his wife’s MS. Rey wouldn’t but when Lennie asked if Deborah would, Rey asked Lennie if knew his dead daughter had frozen her embryos’ would he use it to give himself a grandkid.

That was WAY below the line. Unlike Lennie’s child, at this time, Deborah is still alive. It’s just so offensive and it’s still raw for Lennie who lost his child less than a year ago. I don’t see Lennie using a recently dead relative of Rey’s to argue his point. I think he has a little more class than that.

It’s another example how Ed was more likable and respectful to Lennie than Rey. Can’t recall which episode but Ed made a comment about kids, drugs and their parents. He realized his misstep and apologized to Lennie. Rey goes over the line, doesn’t see his misstep and doesn’t apologize. I tolerate Rey more than others here but there times I’m glad he's gone.

• Love 9

Watching "Refuge" I know it was for the plot but did Ricci not suspect she will be followed by the Russian mob? All witnesses were scared off by them. After the goof by Abbie's assistant, extra precaution should've been taken to limit contact with the boy witness and his mother. 

• Love 4

Watching Empire, if I were Rey when Katrina put on her act, I would've

1. Pretended I needed to go to the hotel lobby and haul ass as fast as I can. 

Or

2. Go to the lobby, call Lennie and book a room with him and occasionally check on Katrina Ludlow that weekend. 

Edited by Arcadiasw
  • Love 3
On 8/7/2016 at 11:13 AM, Arcadiasw said:

It’s another example how Ed was more likable and respectful to Lennie than Rey. Can’t recall which episode but Ed made a comment about kids, drugs and their parents. He realized his misstep and apologized to Lennie.

I remember this as well.  Could be 10.20 "All My Children",  but I'm not certain offhand.

So "Punk" (9.08) was on today, and I always skip it because it's one of those episodes that makes me hate Abbie, but I check out the 2nd half, and lo and behold, a miracle!  Danielle Melnick doesn't lose a case!

I mean, she doesn't get an acquittal, but she handles the trial well enough that she can get Jack's original Manslaughter 1 (15-to-life) offer reduced to Attempted Manslaughter (3-to-6, and served concurrently with the drug sentence the defendant was already serving and no retaliatory transfers upstate, away from her 4-year-old daughter, as the rapist guard had threatened her with).  For Danielle, that's pretty much a win.

Mind you, Danielle could have asked Atwood (the "nice" guard) how he could claim he thought Tyner (the rapist) was having a consensual relationship with the defendant if Atwood had gone to deliver the condom to the little girl in Prospect Park as a "come across or I'll get to your daughter" threat.  Doesn't sound very "consensual" to me.  And she could have done a better job in stressing that sex under threat of retaliation is rape (Rape-1, in fact), no two ways about it, so that Abbie couldn't have used irrelevancies like "he gave you a pair of socks, didn't he?" to try and undercut the defense.  (Tyner probably stole Alice's socks in the first place…)

But still, any Melnick case that doesn't end in a guilty verdict is a rare and beautiful thing.  Congratulations, Danielle.  Your ethics may still be a joke (see other threads), but you're not entirely worthless.  Bravo!

Edited by Halting Hex
  • Love 1

Wasn't "Empire" the Julia Roberts episode? It's one of the very few L&O episodes I can't stand, along with the three-part LA arc. They're all Rey-centric. No wonder most fans don't like them.

I may be in the minority, but I had no problem with the big Abbie reveal at the end of "Punk". I loved the way she said, "I blamed myself...but not anymore." Having said all that, it's a little puzzling why she was so hard on Alice and insisting "that she take responsibility."

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Prairie Rose said:

Wasn't "Empire" the Julia Roberts episode? It's one of the very few L&O episodes I can't stand, along with the three-part LA arc. They're all Rey-centric. No wonder most fans don't like them.

I may be in the minority, but I had no problem with the big Abbie reveal at the end of "Punk". I loved the way she said, "I blamed myself...but not anymore." Having said all that, it's a little puzzling why she was so hard on Alice and insisting "that she take responsibility."

I didn’t have a problem with the revelation about Abbie being date raped in college at the end of Punk, but yeah it’s a bit puzzling why she was so hard on Alice for most of the episode. Still Punk is a pretty good episode, and one of the few episodes where Melnick wasn’t extremely irritating.

I dislike Empire as well, it all seemed so far fetched plus I disliked the Curtis soapy shit. However, I really like the California 3 parter, that was a compelling case and it was nice to have a complex case stretched over 3 hours and it made the Curtis soapy stuff bearable, plus there were some great lines in that 3 parter.

• Love 2

Disciple was on tonight, I’ve always been puzzled by Jack’s feelings in this episode, he seemed a tad OOC in seeming to not be sure if putting Sister Rosa away was the right thing, it was very weird, Jack never bought into religious defenses in other episodes, he wasn’t religious himself, and I just didn’t get why he was the way he was, he was highly OOC IMO and it took me out of the episode. I do think the investigation was very strong in this episode, but Jack’s behavior was just strange. I did like Schiff’s line “split the difference - prove that a saint can commit murder” - Adam always had the best lines that summed things up well.

Next up, Harm, good episode, unusual in a couple of ways, for one, the initial crime, the attack on the lawyer mediating custody cases, was solved pretty quickly and focus turned to the medical malpractice case about the patient dying. Also Abbie took the lead in prosecuting the case, Jack didn’t have as much screen time. The case took some good twists, it’s an entertaining episode. It was interesting that we had a scene of just Abbie/Adam together, without Jack. Abbie did a good job of prosecuting the case, good episode. 

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Next up, Harm, good episode, unusual in a couple of ways, for one, the initial crime, the attack on the lawyer mediating custody cases, was solved pretty quickly and focus turned to the medical malpractice case about the patient dying. Also Abbie took the lead in prosecuting the case, Jack didn’t have as much screen time. The case took some good twists, it’s an entertaining episode. It was interesting that we had a scene of just Abbie/Adam together, without Jack. Abbie did a good job of prosecuting the case, good episode. 

I like that episode. It was fun seeing Abbie take charge of a case. I wish we got a few more of that not just from her but Paul and Jamie too. 

• Love 2
On 6/16/2016 at 4:51 PM, Cobalt Stargazer said:

Also, thanks to the new format thing on WE, they have little trivia tidbits before the commercial breaks during the L & O mini marathons, and I found out that Vanessa Williams auditioned for the part of Abbie Carmichael before Angie Harmon did. Learn something new every day.l

I read somewhere that another contender for the Abbie role was Melina Kanakaredes. According to the article, she had to choose between L&O and the lead role on a pilot. She chose the latter - Providence, which aired from January 1999 to December 2002 on NBC.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 3/18/2022 at 8:17 PM, Prairie Rose said:

I read somewhere that another contender for the Abbie role was Melina Kanakaredes. According to the article, she had to choose between L&O and the lead role on a pilot. She chose the latter - Providence, which aired from January 1999 to December 2002 on NBC.

I'm glad she chose the latter. I loved Providence and I loved Angie Harmon as Abbie. She made a good choice.

• Love 3
(edited)

So I burned through most of this season, skipping over some episodes. But I have to seriously disagree with Abbie about those two teenage murderers who killed their baby in “Denial” where she referred to them as two scared teenagers. No, Abbie, they were narcissists. This was in her first episode “Cherished” when arguing about going after the couple that gave the baby back.

While I love Abbie, some of her stances on certain issues were just mind boggling. Like her thinking and even saying women who got abortions were using it as a form of birth control and were stupid for not using the standard birth control methods out there, in “Punk.”

But the two part season finale “Refuge” was one of the top 10 favorites of the series! THIS is the kind of plot I was hoping to see in the new season-where EVERYONE got scenes and worked to get justice. A good, meaty mob story. I don’t care if it’s the Russian mob or Sicilian. Then again, this was written by René Balcer and we don’t have him anymore. 

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

For me Punk would be better if there wasn't the lazy trope of Abbie revealing she had been raped. Instead have a brief moment, make it subtle, of Abbie doubting if she did the right thing or not sending this woman to jail. And have that scene be halfway through the episode. Because Abbie has such strong convictions that it would be interesting to see her doubt herself, even if for a tiny moment. 

With Scrambled it's like the writers thought "oh yeah, Rey is a conservative" and lazily wrote in a couple of scenes where he straight out insulted his boss and his partner.

For a show that tends to lean conservative at times, they sure aren't great at writing conservative characters.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Columbo said:

For me Punk would be better if there wasn't the lazy trope of Abbie revealing she had been raped. Instead have a brief moment, make it subtle, of Abbie doubting if she did the right thing or not sending this woman to jail. And have that scene be halfway through the episode. Because Abbie has such strong convictions that it would be interesting to see her doubt herself, even if for a tiny moment. 

I’ve always disliked the revelation that Abbie had been raped. But before that, she did come to realize she was wrong when she was cross-examining Alice? You cousin see it on her face.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I’ve always disliked the revelation that Abbie had been raped. But before that, she did come to realize she was wrong when she was cross-examining Alice? You cousin see it on her face.

I'm not sure she did

• Love 1
(edited)
18 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So I burned through most of this season, skipping over some episodes. But I have to seriously disagree with Abbie about those two teenage murderers who killed their baby in “Denial” where she referred to them as two scared teenagers.

At first I was confused because that was a Jamie Ross episode, but I realize that she was just referring to that case in her first episode. My bad! But yeah that did seem OOC of Abbey given how she ripped the teen mom in Mother’s Milk” a new one.

Edited by Spartan Girl
Got mixed up
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

At first I was confused because that was a Jamie Ross episode, but I realize that she was just referring to that case in her first episode. My bad! But yeah that did seem OOC of Abbey given how she ripped the teen mom in Mother’s Milk” a new one.

There were a few cases that Abbie threw in Jack's face. Like when she told him how he tried to keep that flight attendant from testifying in the "Under the Influence" episode. And Jack yelled back that he was wrong when he did that.

The one thing I'll give credit for is that they didn't turn Jamie into Pod!Jamie when she returned in "Justice"*, though I think that Jack showing up to testify on her behalf at the disciplinary was something he didn't have to do; especially since she just gave him that look (it gave the impression what she said went against Jack and not in support and she just barely made eye contact) when she appeared before them when he was being reviewed, and just walked away. Yeah, yeah, season finale, cliff hanger, blah, blah, blah.

"Mother's Milk" is in my queue to watch. This also frustrates me because the young teenage mother, had her OWN mother she could have gone to for help and support. I have NO sympathy for this couple, either. UGH.

Oooh! It's the Judge who thinks Miranda is too long who was the arraignment judge in "Sundown", but without his 'stache! He, like Judge Quinn, look better with the 'staches!

Whaaat?

Interesting that there were two actors from As the World Turns, yet they didn't have any dialogue between them. The conman, and the older woman who paid his bail. Heh.

This also showed/demonstrated that Bradley White is a good actor--he can play nutso crazy stalker murderer, a decent son, and lawyer (the last in a different episode). Too bad they didn't use him more often. Because I was team brother here. The daughter even resented her mother from going to a support group-that it was "talking to strangers", and she should have been home to bear the burden alone and take her husband's abuse. Selfish twat.

*Which makes what Eid did to her in season 21 all that more egregious.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4

Great last two episodes of this season. Often when the police and the prosecutors come up against these big crime organisations it often feels like they're in the ocean without a lifeboat. Luckily though they were in a two parter so they could get all the bad guys.

I found it kind of amusing they called the kid witness Billy. Only because it reminded me of this scene 

So, I've rewatched all three woman ADA's. Claire, Jamie, and Abbie. It strikes me that Jamie is probably the best ADA out of the three. Because to me she combines the caring idealism of Claire with the toughness of Abbie. Claire could sometimes be a bit too idealistic at times. Whilst Abbie can be quite intense with her zealous pursuit of justice that even startles hang 'em high McCoy.

• Love 4

Refuge is a fantastic season finale for season 9 - it’s a classic L&O episode, great detective work, great legal stuff, good moments for each character, and very intense from start to finish. Very unique how at the safe house all 6 main characters were in a scene together, only time Adam ever showed up to a crime scene. Some truly evil villains in that episode. I felt terrible for the kid, Billy, who after having already been traumatized by witnessing the murder, then was attacked and his mother murdered, I wonder if he would ever be okay.

It was an extremely complex case but all of the pieces fit together and made sense in the end. 

• Love 2
On 4/3/2022 at 10:09 AM, GHScorpiosRule said:

So I burned through most of this season, skipping over some episodes. But I have to seriously disagree with Abbie about those two teenage murderers who killed their baby in “Denial” where she referred to them as two scared teenagers. No, Abbie, they were narcissists. This was in her first episode “Cherished” when arguing about going after the couple that gave the baby back.

While I love Abbie, some of her stances on certain issues were just mind boggling. Like her thinking and even saying women who got abortions were using it as a form of birth control and were stupid for not using the standard birth control methods out there, in “Punk.”

But the two part season finale “Refuge” was one of the top 10 favorites of the series! THIS is the kind of plot I was hoping to see in the new season-where EVERYONE got scenes and worked to get justice. A good, meaty mob story. I don’t care if it’s the Russian mob or Sicilian. Then again, this was written by René Balcer and we don’t have him anymore. 

No, they weren't scared. They could have gone to their parents or even just dropped the baby of at any hospital or fire station. They chose to kill their baby. Also, teens who are scared don't go dancing afterwards! 

Refuge is a really great story. Definitely one of the bests. I also like Adam towards the end telling Jack the city had survived worse and was fine and would be again. Then telling him to out sleezy the mob. 

On 4/3/2022 at 7:48 PM, Columbo said:

With Scrambled it's like the writers thought "oh yeah, Rey is a conservative" and lazily wrote in a couple of scenes where he straight out insulted his boss and his partner.

For a show that tends to lean conservative at times, they sure aren't great at writing conservative characters.

Yeah, I think that would have been better then Abbie had been rape. She's always so confident that would have been interesting.

• Love 1
55 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

Refuge is a really great story. Definitely one of the bests. I also like Adam towards the end telling Jack the city had survived worse and was fine and would be again. Then telling him to out sleezy the mob. 

I love Refuge, it was such a complex plot with many players, but it all made sense in the end, there was great detective and legal stuff, and I loved Schiff’s lines as well about how the city had survived worse, but I completely understood Jack’s outrage even though he did cross the line. I liked at the end when Jack was prepared for Adam to fire him and they had the following dialogue

McCoy “it’s okay Adam, if I’d disobeyed a direct order from Frank Hogan, he’d have canned me as well”

Schiff “That’s Frank Hogan”

McCoy “Adam?”

Schiff “I said no martyrs”.

That was great, and it was also nice that Curtis got goodbye scenes with Lennie and Van Buren at the end.

Refuge might be my favorite season finale, along with Rubber Room, that would be an interesting discussion topic, best season finales. 

• Love 3

Scrambled was on today, and my god I hate Curtis in this episode, he was at his sanctimonious worst in this one, he was way out of line when he told Van Buren that maybe her sister “wasn’t meant to have a baby” and he just wouldn’t drop the subject of how opposed he was to the clinic’s work. He really needed to shut the fuck up and do his job. I like the case, it had good detective work in figuring out who was responsible and good legal stuff as well. I liked how Adam suggested to find another person who would say their embryos were destroyed without permission, and thus avoid sending the issue about whether the defendant had the right to destroy her own embryos to the jury. Adam was always very wise with how could come up with solutions to their dilemmas. 

• Love 3
On 6/28/2022 at 4:49 PM, Xeliou66 said:

Scrambled was on today, and my god I hate Curtis in this episode, he was at his sanctimonious worst in this one, he was way out of line when he told Van Buren that maybe her sister “wasn’t meant to have a baby” and he just wouldn’t drop the subject of how opposed he was to the clinic’s work. He really needed to shut the fuck up and do his job. I like the case, it had good detective work in figuring out who was responsible and good legal stuff as well. I liked how Adam suggested to find another person who would say their embryos were destroyed without permission, and thus avoid sending the issue about whether the defendant had the right to destroy her own embryos to the jury. Adam was always very wise with how could come up with solutions to their dilemmas. 

I’m watching that episode now and I want to punch Curtis! How dare he talked to Lenny like that! He’s so rude! 😡

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I’m watching that episode now and I want to punch Curtis! How dare he talked to Lenny like that! He’s so rude! 😡

Yep, Curtis was rude to Lennie and Van Buren, it was a low blow of him to bring up Lennie’s daughter’s death like he did. He just wouldn’t shut up about his opposition to the fertility clinic’s work, it was really tiresome. There were plenty of other times Curtis was like this as well - extremely sanctimonious. It’s why he’s my least favorite detective aside from Beauty Queen - I like Fontana and Greevey better than Curtis, which may be an unpopular opinion. The actual episodes during the Curtis years were usually stellar, I think season 7 may be the highest quality season of L&O, but Curtis could really irritate me.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, Xeliou66 said:

Yep, Curtis was rude to Lennie and Van Buren, it was a low blow of him to bring up Lennie’s daughter’s death like he did. He just wouldn’t shut up about his opposition to the fertility clinic’s work, it was really tiresome. There were plenty of other times Curtis was like this as well - extremely sanctimonious. It’s why he’s my least favorite detective aside from Beauty Queen - I like Fontana and Greevey better than Curtis, which may be an unpopular opinion. The actual episodes during the Curtis years were usually stellar, I think season 7 may be the highest quality season of L&O, but Curtis could really irritate me.

I missed the Van Buren comment, just rewound it, now I really want to fight Rey! What a jerk! I already hated him for subjecting me to Julia Roberts on the show when I was a child, now this!

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Irate Panda said:

I missed the Van Buren comment, just rewound it, now I really want to fight Rey! What a jerk! I already hated him for subjecting me to Julia Roberts on the show when I was a child, now this!

Yeah that was incredibly rude of Curtis to say, and I applaud Van Buren for remaining pretty calm. He was such a jackass at times.

• Love 3

Ambitious was just on, with the mobster’s son and the 2 nightclub owners, good plot, the US Attorney Gervitz was an absolute dick, he undermined Jack’s prosecution just to get back at him for Jack taking away his case back in the DWB episode (good continuity there BTW), and it was quite sorry of him to indict the nightclub owners even after they turned on Russo and made their deal with the DA’s worthless, sending them to federal prison as “rats” knowing they would likely get killed. This is one of the few times I was irritated with Adam, I thought he should’ve backed Jack instead of overruling him, they had Russo for murder 1, if they had convicted him and he was facing a life sentence he would’ve made a deal and would’ve gone to prison for longer than just the 10 years Gervitz gave him, Gervitz didn’t have the stomach to call his bluff as Jack said, and I thought Adam should’ve stood up to the feds. I wonder if the feds offered to help the DA’s office with other cases in exchange for them making the deal and that’s why Adam made the deal? I liked that Jack told him to undermine him out in the open and not pretend that he agreed with the deal. I wanted to punch Gervitz, he was such a smug turd.

Coming up in about 30 minutes, Refuge, one of my all time favorite episodes, I always try to catch that two parter when it’s on.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Ambitious was just on, with the mobster’s son and the 2 nightclub owners, good plot, the US Attorney Gervitz was an absolute dick, he undermined Jack’s prosecution just to get back at him for Jack taking away his case back in the DWB episode (good continuity there BTW), and it was quite sorry of him to indict the nightclub owners even after they turned on Russo and made their deal with the DA’s worthless, sending them to federal prison as “rats” knowing they would likely get killed. This is one of the few times I was irritated with Adam, I thought he should’ve backed Jack instead of overruling him, they had Russo for murder 1, if they had convicted him and he was facing a life sentence he would’ve made a deal and would’ve gone to prison for longer than just the 10 years Gervitz gave him, Gervitz didn’t have the stomach to call his bluff as Jack said, and I thought Adam should’ve stood up to the feds. I wonder if the feds offered to help the DA’s office with other cases in exchange for them making the deal and that’s why Adam made the deal? I liked that Jack told him to undermine him out in the open and not pretend that he agreed with the deal. I wanted to punch Gervitz, he was such a smug turd.

Coming up in about 30 minutes, Refuge, one of my all time favorite episodes, I always try to catch that two parter when it’s on.

That was a horrible decision. Jack finally convinces the owers to talk only for Gervitz to step in and destroy it. Russo deserved to go to jail more then the club owners. Adam should have stepped up then too. Gervitz just underminded the DA's office when it came to making deals. Why would anyone make a deal with the DA after seeing what happened to the club owners?

• Love 1
10 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

That was a horrible decision. Jack finally convinces the owers to talk only for Gervitz to step in and destroy it. Russo deserved to go to jail more then the club owners. Adam should have stepped up then too. Gervitz just underminded the DA's office when it came to making deals. Why would anyone make a deal with the DA after seeing what happened to the club owners?

Agreed, Adam should’ve stood up to the US Attorney and refused to play ball with them - they had Russo nailed, once he was convicted of murder 1 then they could talk about a sentencing agreement in exchange for information. Gervitz just screwed them over because he was pissed at the DA’s office for taking away his case in DWB. It was one time where I really disagreed with Adam, he should’ve had more of a spine, like I say, I wonder if the US Attorney offered to help the DA’s office with other cases in exchange for them making a deal with Russo and that’s why Adam played ball with them. 

• Love 1

Watching Season 9 and 4 at the same time. Gosh I loved their distinct personalities.

Ben had so much integrity and made his own life very difficult at times (there was a case where he said he wasn't going to prosecute this guy for killing his father if that person had been beaten up by his father and Olivet was all "I interviewed him, he's a psycho, get a grip man"

Abby I find would get really really really passionate and unmovable about stuff but then she'd be hit with guilt under certain circumstances (the Drs ep in S9).

Jack I feel is very "do whatever it takes" and doesn't look back with regret or gets angsty. 

It was such a great show. I'm really loving watching the seasons I missed. They're all so real to me! Like I know the actors are different people with different lives but these characters are just so real and it's like they all exist out there somewhere. I love that I can feel that 

Mad crush on Ben! Mad mad mad crush! 

• Love 5

I saw Bait tonight, this is a strong episode, I like the plot about the narcotics detective using the teen as an informant for his drug cases. I really like the scene where McCoy and Briscoe have lunch together and discuss the case, it was rare that they had a one on one scene and it was nice to see that, I liked how they called each other “Jack” and “Lennie” instead of being more formal, it showed that they were on a friendlier basis. I was 100% on Jack’s side in their disagreement, Rivera crossed the line and needed to face the consequences, Lennie may not have thought he was guilty of manslaughter, but he did obstruct justice and they needed to force his hand. It was one time where I agreed with Curtis in being disgusted with Rivera. I liked how Jack tricked Rivera into thinking that Lennie had testified against him when in actuality Jack let Lennie off the hook and didn’t ask him what Rivera told him. Good episode all around.

• Like 1

Apparently, a TV station across the pond - the UK, naturally! - had its own credits for the various L&O franchise shows of the time (Mothership, Criminal Intent, SVU). No idea if it involves OC now, but I found this on YT.

VERY different than what we're used to, but I do think the style is kind of cool:

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Sideshow was just on, and it drives me nuts how they never show part 2 of the Homicide crossovers, that’s absurd. But while the plot of this episode was convoluted, it was really entertaining - Briscoe/Munch in DC was awesome!! Munch getting his FBI file was hilarious and there were many great one liners, and some great views of DC as well. I also enjoy the McCoy/Danvers collaboration, they were a good pairing. I love Jack going off on that independent counsel Dell, that guy was an ass, and it was really good continuity how they referenced a bunch of events from prior episodes. Oh and Lennie asking Rodgers where she was during the murder after Rodgers said she would kill for skin like the victim’s was absolutely hilarious. His “Casper milquetoast kills ms Goodbar” line at the end was great as well. So I really enjoy this episode despite the plot being rather hard to follow and part 2 never being shown. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

Sideshow was just on, and it drives me nuts how they never show part 2 of the Homicide crossovers, that’s absurd. But while the plot of this episode was convoluted, it was really entertaining - Briscoe/Munch in DC was awesome!! Munch getting his FBI file was hilarious and there were many great one liners, and some great views of DC as well. I also enjoy the McCoy/Danvers collaboration, they were a good pairing. I love Jack going off on that independent counsel Dell, that guy was an ass, and it was really good continuity how they referenced a bunch of events from prior episodes. Oh and Lennie asking Rodgers where she was during the murder after Rodgers said she would kill for skin like the victim’s was absolutely hilarious. His “Casper milquetoast kills ms Goodbar” line at the end was great as well. So I really enjoy this episode despite the plot being rather hard to follow and part 2 never being shown. 

I love Munch and Briscoe together. They are so funny. I wish we had more scenes of them together.

• Like 3