Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E04: Surprise...It's Restaurant Wars

FormerMod-a1
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Bastet said:

They didn't know about the double elimination at the time of meal planning, though, right?

No, as noted previously, the new episode airs at 8:00 (EST) tonight, and there is no repeat of part one.

I meant when there are 8 cheftestants left! I can see why you would think of a showtime though.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Bastet said:

Oh, I see what you mean - have another restaurant wars challenge when they get down to eight contestants.  Now that would be a twist!

But that would air next week because they should be down to 8 people now. I don't think they will have 3 Restaurant Wars in a row (but they might).

On 1/2/2019 at 1:30 PM, desertflower said:

Anyone recall any other really great FOH contestants? 

Stephanie from season 4 was great. I just finished rewatching season 11 and Travis was great at FOH, too. Nick was Executive Chef on Travis' team and did an excellent job.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Lamb18 said:
21 hours ago, Bastet said:

Oh, I see what you mean - have another restaurant wars challenge when they get down to eight contestants.  Now that would be a twist!

But that would air next week because they should be down to 8 people now. I don't think they will have 3 Restaurant Wars in a row (but they might).

How's that? They had 12 for Restaurant Wars, and lost two. And are gaining one back it sounds like. So we are at 11 aren't we next week?

• Love 2
On 12/28/2018 at 3:57 PM, driver18 said:

Honestly, I don't understand the continued Brandon-hate I'm reading week after week. Sure he came off a bit arrogant in the first episode, but that was because he HIMSELF said that he could come off as arrogant and then the editors edited the first challenge such a way as to make it appear that way, but nothing else he has really done so since. And what Kelsey said about him today ties into that. She said: "Brandon's really smart. They should listen to him." Thinking back to earlier episodes, what seemed like him being arrogant because of that early introduction really seems more like friendly constructive criticism.

To Adrienne who he was next to in an early challenge, he told her that he didn't think she could pull off making the fresh pasta in the amount of time she had not because of her but just because it would be so hard to do, then added... but hats off to her if she could manage it. And, he was right. She couldn't do it and was in the bottom three. To Kevin, he told him that his dish was too salty, but hey, that was just his opinion, he could check with someone else. And, again, Brandon was right, Kevin was in the bottom three and went home.

The other cheftestants don't seem to mind hanging out with him, joking with him, etc. When Michelle said that she wanted to be executive chef, he was fine with it, just asked if she could talk louder because they need to be able to hear her in the chaos of the kitchen and Michelle is quiet normally. And as we saw so far, Brandon has had no problem with Michelle being the exec chef; he hasn't tried to take over or take the lead. He also is asking others if he can help them. And he does that regularly, asking and helping out his fellow cheftestants in the kitchen.

Now, sure, something may come out later that he truly is a douche, but nothing we've actually seen on the show other than the first challenge which was edited to reflect his own words that he *can* come across as arrogant sometimes show him as a douche. This just seems like an overall nice group of cheftestants and the show was trying desperately to create a "villain" edit early on.

Absolutely agree, I actually like him for his straight-forwardness.  And correct me if I’m wrong, but while prepping after lambgate, I believe it was he who said something along the lines of loving the teamwork, despite the setback? 

• Love 1