Type keyword(s) to search

Wonder Woman - General Discussion

Aethera
  • Start Topic

The Pilot (double meaning?)

Now we're talking! Weird that after setting the Crosby film in the present day they then decide to go back to her origins in WW2. Here we have Henry Gibson as the allied agent undercover as a Nazi who will later recur as a villain in later seasons. The plot of the German's attempting to bomb Washington seems ludicrous but was actually something they planned, pretty late in the war. The Norden bomb sight was also a real WW2 artifact. It seems a bit off that Steve Trevor bails out almost directly into the arms of one of the world's most beautiful women whilst the Nazi pilot is presumably eaten by sharks? (This is of course the era of JAWS-mania so sharks were pretty much obligatory)

The airplane battle is pretty ludicrous and lame, especially when it keeps flitting from black and white to colour. Amazingly in this ep whilst WW saves the pilot of the German bomber she appears to kill the entire crew of the U-boat. The commentary with Lynda is great, especially her appreciation of the effortlessly handsome Lyle Waggoner (Steve Trevor knocked out for the first time! Also under truth serum twice), even though they apparently didn't get on. Also love the scene where Cloris Leachmen Amazon Queen get's quite flustered at the idea of a man on Paradise Island, biting her hand in the time honoured fashion at the thought (maybe the Amazon's aren't quite so misandrist as we presumed?)

We have the proper costume for the first time although it has the gold cones over the breasts which doesn't really work for me. That said Lynda looks the business, she's stunning and looks as though she's just walked out of the pages of the comic. No offence to the late Christopher Reeve but no one ever embodied a superhero so effortlessly perfectly as Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman. Nice scene where we think she's going to wear the mini-skirt (as in the 40s comics) only to peel it off and reveal the hot pants. As the commentary from the producer states, a star was born in that moment, her look was so amazing that it entered the public consciousness, much like Dollhouse got a second season purely on the grounds of the Eliza Dushku-as-a-whipcracking-black leather clad-dominatrix scene The Amazon Olympics are cool (I was totally fooled by Lynda's blonde wig) although it strikes you as reminiscent of something Hugh Hefner would stage at the Playboy Mansion. 'Bullet's and bracelet's' strikes me as rather a weird game and surely not one dating back to ancient Greece. Equally Paradise Isaland seems to lack the industry to produce her invisible plane. We see WW perfectly imitate a voice Terminator style, which she will do several times over the series (why doesn't she just make the captured spy do it with her lasso?).

We have WW actually working to raise some money but again the last time she ever has to do so. The bullets-and-bracelets show is daft although the sight of the Nazi-agent little old lady with the Tommy gun is worth it. Also as Lynda points out, when Red Buttons is shooting at her in the later scenes his expression is quite hilarious, he knows this is a futile gesture. One question, where does she land her invisible plane? I'd love to see an ep where someone walks into it and bumps their head!

5/10, not that fond of the WW2 eps

18 hours ago, MarkHB said:

Where are you getting the audio commentary track?

If you buy the DVDs you get a few eps with commentaries from Lynda, the pilot and My Teen Idol if I recall. Sadly none from Lyle.

Fausta The Nazi Wonder Woman

I pictured WW's Nazi counterpart as an evil Amazon similar to what we've seen in the Crosby film, a blonde version of Lynda Carter (Morgan Fairchild would have been good casting) in a black WW outfit festooned with swastikas and wielding the 'Whip of Tyranny' (of course the swastika is an ancient Greek symbol so it would make sense for Amazons to wear it). But actually she's just a normal woman if a clever one. The first appearance of WW's rather fetching cape and the first of numerous Wonder Woman doubles but what's with the masks, are they off to a venetian ball or something? WW chloroformed and chained again and Steve knocked out. At this rate he's going to outdo Giles on Buffy. Of course this is the episode that get's the WW mind control fetish fans all excited, she's de-powered by the removal of her belt and enslaved using her own lasso.

Fausta's conversion at the end takes some swallowing. We're told that Paradise Island has thrived for 26 centuries without male destructiveness. All the jaunting back and forth to Germany seems a bit farcical. You rather wonder that if she's there anyway she should use the lasso on Hitler and get him to end the war? 5/10

• Love 1

Beauty on Parade

Must have had 70s feminists choking on their cornflakes! They finally have this strong female role model (albeit one who dresses like an incredibly jingoistic hooker) and 4 eps in she's entering a beauty contest? (Supergirl was in Smallville for several eps before she was prancing about in high heels and a skimpy bikini in an attempt to become 'Miss Sweetcorn'. Not to mention Lois Lane undercover as a stripper). Interestingly we have a character here called 'Monty Burns' but I'm sure it's just coincidence for the Simpsons. Steve knocked out again, was there ever an ep where he wasn't? You wonder if that was Lyle's screen test, "Can you do 'handsome and unconscious?" We have Dwight Eisenhower mentioned. The first thunderclap-spin transformation that was to become so famous (reputedly Lynda Carter's own idea, I wonder if she get's money for it?)

5/10

2 hours ago, Joe Hellandback said:

The first thunderclap-spin transformation that was to become so famous (reputedly Lynda Carter's own idea, I wonder if she get's money for it?)

The spin was her idea, but I think the evolution from the transformation being shown in the earlier episodes (expensive) to the thunderclap and flash was probably the producers'.  Whether she gets paid when they use the concept in other media (I saw it in at least one cartoon if not more) I have no idea.

• Love 1

The Feminum Mystique pt1 Here's Drusilla! Weird as in the pilot the Amazon Queen stated Diana was her only daughter. Of course she immediately get's chloroformed, the family resemblance is startling. Like her better in her cute bobby-soxer disguise than as Wonder-Girl. Also noted character actor John Saxon of 'Enter the Dragon' and 'Nightmare on Elm Street' fame. The prototype jet is a real WW2 aircraft, the Gloster Meteor but British rather than American. Of course in reality the German's were far in advance of the Allies in terms of jet fighters, they'd have no need to steal anything (their Me 262 was not only superior to it's British and American equivalents but would remain so for years after the war). We see WW transform back to Diana, the only time I can think we see that. I'm not the greatest Drusilla fan although I like her relationship with Diana, makes the superheroine more human, like Buffy and Dawn 5/10

The Feminum Mystique pt2 Boy-crazy Dru is fooled by the masculine charms of a Nazi agent into revealing the location of Paradise Island. Forgivable enough, she has no experience of men or the big bad world. Her assertion that the number one rule of the Amazons is not to talk about Paradise Island is rather reminiscent of Fight Club. Of course it's utterly ludicrous that a German destroyer could operate in the Caribbean even before the US's entry into the war. Another great one for the fetishists with the Amazons enslaved by the Nazis and staging big catfights in order to distract them and let WW get her bracelets back. WW actually fires a rifle (we've seen her fire a pistol in the pilot). The Nazi commandos who take over the island seem to only number about a dozen. How many Amazons are there? 4/10, not too good.

Thanks for the recaps, Joe. I wonder, why aren't you that fond of the WWII episodes? Looking back, I thought those were probably the best in the series. It began moving further and further away from its comic book format when it moved over to CBS in its second season and was updated to take place in present day. I think it was just cheaper that way because they didn't have to worry about modern cars and such. 

On ‎7‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:24 PM, iMonrey said:

Thanks for the recaps, Joe. I wonder, why aren't you that fond of the WWII episodes? Looking back, I thought those were probably the best in the series. It began moving further and further away from its comic book format when it moved over to CBS in its second season and was updated to take place in present day. I think it was just cheaper that way because they didn't have to worry about modern cars and such. 

For me;

1. It lacks true peril, we know the Allies win the war

2. It's so cheesey and repetitive, it seems every 3rd American in WW2 was a Nazi agent

3. I dislike the outfit and Lynda looks a little chubby at times compared to his stunning appearance in later seasons

4. I dislike Dru

5. I much prefer Irac and some of the other elements of the last 2.

Maybe it's just a matter of childhood preferences, I never watched the WW2 years, I think the first I ever saw was The Bermuda Triangle Crisis as a 6 year old and even then was blown away.  

Wonder Woman vs Gargantua So bad it's not true, might have worked better with a more convincing gorilla but I doubt it. I keep expecting it to act out the famous sketch from 'Not the Nine O'Clock News'. Guest-starring John Hillerman of Magnum PI fame, weird to hear him talk with his American accent when you're so used to him as a stuffy Englishman. Very, VERY, weird clip of this on Youtube manipulated to give a radically different spin to WW's struggle with the ape. To judge by some of the comments on YouTube and IMDb a lot of people rather like this sort of thing, GOT-fetishists. Another WW double. She shows her affinity with animals for the first time 2/10

The Pluto File Interesting title, Pluto the Roman god of the underworld and also giving it's name to the 9th planet and one of the radioactive elements on which nuclear energy and weapons is based. Also a genuine WW2 term for a system used to supply oil for the D-day landings (Pipe Line Under The Ocean). The Falcon, an Irishman acting as an agent for the Germans is also historically accurate, Irish nationalism/republicanism not only supporting the Axis in WW2 but sheltering Nazi war criminals in the Irish Free State afterwards. This ep features the Manhattan Project (the US Atomic Bomb programme) and the ability to cause earthquakes which recur in a later ep as will biological warfare, all big concerns in the 1970s. We also see Diana demonstrate her brains as well as her beauty, impressing the atomic scientist. 5/10 not bad, improvement on the last few eps

Last of the 2 dollar bills

Again a concept based upon historical fact, the German secret service planning to wreck the British economy by flooding Britain with forged 5 pound notes to cause hyperinflation. What's more there really were $2 bills and they were reissued during WW's 1st season in 1976 to celebrate America's bicentennial (and as the Pied Piper later comments wouldn't WW have been the absolute perfect figure to have helped celebrate that?) We see WW's cape again and see her use her tiara as a boomerang. She also plays dumb to help her manipulate Steve in to taking her to the mint, pretending she had no idea that money was actually made. Once again she is depowered by losing her bracelets. 5/10

Judgement from Outer Space Tim O'Connor of course will always be remembered as Dr Hewer from 'Buck Rogers in the 25th Century', a show that in many ways succeeded WW in it's slot (wouldn't Erin Gray have made a great WW? Maybe with some breast enhancement?). The first acknowledgement that aliens exist in this universe and are concerned by our development of atomic power amongst other advancements, much like 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' as indeed is the eclipse and the whole ep. We see WW not only overcome by gas again but actually needing medical treatment afterwards, seems odd to see her requiring a hospital. We have the skirt and the cape again. For once it's not a question of USA all the way with WW disagreeing with Steve Trevor and the policy of the US towards the alien visitor. Steve actually pulls rank on Yeoman Prince for the one and only time, obviously agreeing with her yet bound to obey his orders. One remarkable thing is that when WW tells Andros that the Allies are the good guys he counters with the fate of Japanese-Americans who were interned and their property seized after Pearl Harbour. It's a remarkable moment in such a generally lightweight, flagwaving show and was one of the first TV series to address the issue. It will recur in later seasons, Magnum PI also covering the same ground in the early 80s. It's maybe a shame that Andros didn't get to meet Stalin as he wished to. Oddly WW never fights the Japanese or Italians, she just combats the Nazis. Samuel Johnson and Socrates both quoted. 8/10 much better

Formula 407

Very much a backwards step after the previous episodes, another Nazi agent plot with a secret formula at risk. WW chloroformed again, some nice stock footage of South America but little else to really recommend it. Where did this recipe for indestructible rubber go, it still sounds pretty useful? The Atlantic really must be crawling with U-boats, they seem to show up everywhere. One thing that was pointed out to me is that in the late 1970s WW2 was still living memory, you could have served in it and still be in your late 40s which may explain why they chose to set the show then, most of the movers and shakers in Hollywood would have been of that generation (one of the reasons we're getting Transformers and GI Joe films now is that the bigwigs in Hollywood are those who played with the toys as kids).

2/10

The Bushwhackers

Utterly bizarre, Wonder Woman the western! You figure that they had Roy Rogers and all these western sets and thought, "Hey, this'll be cheap". Watching the General abuse his position to basically help out an old friend and then trying to justify it to himself and Steve is pretty laughable. First of the alternate Wonder Woman outfits, Cowgirl WW. Reputedly Roy Rogers was uncomfortable with WW running around all the kids in just a 'bathing suit' so they gave her some chaps and otherwise covered her up. WW on a horse still an awesome sight though, was that really Lynda?. Always thought it was bizarre that people objected to Katy Perry in her cleavage revealing outfit on Seasame Street when they let WW run around dressed like an ultra-patriotic dominatrix. Although worth it for her later appearance as the skimpy Elmo t-shirt clad librarian who "Must have developed over the summa" on the Saturday Night Live sketch "Todays show is brought to you by the number 38 and the letters double-D"

Henry Darrow as the villain, my favourite actor from The High Chaparal (MUCH better than Bonanza) who will later recur as a villain in the later seasons. Wonder Woman depowered incredibly easily, very unusual to have corrupt cops in a series largely aimed at children in the 1970s. The orphan stuff is actually OK, they're not too annoying and Rogers character strikes you as just the sort of patriarchal guy who would do something like this. They're racially mixed, still a rarity in the 40/70s and you can actually buy the idea that the natural born son is jealous of the adoptees (very Wuthering Heights). Still seems a little lame given Wonder Woman's superpowers that she could have such a lot of trouble with just a gang of rustlers. But it's nice to have villains who aren't Nazis as every third person in 1940s America seems to be a German spy to judge by this series. Contrary to myth this wasn't Roy Rogers final role, he later appears in a couple of eps of The Fall Guy in the early 80s. 6/10

Wonder Woman in Hollywood

Again this smacks of the cheap and cheerful, "Let's film this on the backlot and not even have to pretend it isn't a movie set". You wonder towards the end of the season was the budget running out? Last appearance of Drusilla (Debra Winger NOT happy in the role by all accounts) and a third different actress playing the Amazon Queen. Great guest cast with Harris Yeulin who'll later be Quentin Travers on Buffy, Robert Hays who'll find fame in the Airplane series and Charles Cyphers who will later become one of John Carpenters rep cast. Dru likes hot-dogs and ice cream which don't seem to exist on Paradise Island (maybe they're not so advanced after all?) Another girly crush from Drusilla, this guy at least not a secret Nazi so that's a step up for her. We also have the infamous WW and Wondergirl running sequence which must have inspired Baywatch. 6/10

Now, we're talking!

The Return of Wonder Woman

So here we are in the 70s! For me this is the real WW, the one I remember watching as a little girl, I never saw the WW2 series growing up, they may not have shown it in Europe?. Personally I think it works better in modern times, it also has the added bonus of being a lot cheaper to make, you don't need to put everyone in period costume, rent classic cars etc, you can just film it on the street. Coming up to modern times means that Diana Prince can be a full agent of the IADC and not just Steve's secretary (although her bosses are still all male). Interestingly the Amazon's on Paradise Island actually overrule their Queen, perhaps WW brought the concept of democracy back with her in the 40s. Maybe they wish to once more intervene in the world of men AND women? The costume has changed and Lynda looks fabulous in it, the breastplate softened to make it look less hardened and more feminine, accentuating WW's breasts more than ever. More highly cut hot pants turning them into bikini bottoms, no more satin tights either so they had to change the theme tune but even more delectable Lynda Carter flesh on display. I always thought she looked rather cherubic in the first season (especially evident if you look at the DVD cover) but now she looks superhot, the straightened hair also an improvement. Lyle now in suits and looking like he's going to die of polyester poisoning if all the Vaseline on his teeth doesn't get him first, he really does resemble a Ken doll. He's on the screen for 5 minutes and he gets knocked out, he takes after his old man alright. The opening titles are a lot less cartoony although they do actually contain some of WW's infamous bondage theme, her freeing herself from being tied to a stake. The ep itself deals with nuclear power and insurrection in South America which were big concerns at the time. The Amazons have been keeping up with technology and WW's invisible plane is now a jet. She makes no attempt to try to make any money this time but maybe Yeoman Prince left her bank account acquiring interest for the last 30 years, Highlander style?

So, where's Drusilla? Did she marry the guy she had a crush on during Wonder Woman in Hollywood? What happened to Steve and WW at the end of WW2? Did she just decide to leave the US after the end of the war? Who did Steve marry? His son refers to him in the past tense and WW doesn't think to ask after him or visit him so are we to assume he's dead? Presumably he must be if WW is able to use the same alias as she did in the 40s otherwise he'd surely twig something was up if his son's new agent had the same name as his old secretary

6/10

Anschluss 77

Where there's Wonder Woman there has to be Nazis off course! Once again a very real concern in the 70s with the rise of the neo-Nazi movement and many Nazis still hiding out in South and Central America, the Irish Free State and elsewhere . This ep contains the famous scene where Lynda Carter dangles from the helicopter rather than her stunt double, even today it's an impressive and gutsy thing to watch. One hilarious aspect is that the one Nazi who has had his leg regrown is the only one to be rather conveniently wearing a rather effeminate pair of shorts. Also they decide that rather than to just shoot Diana Prince they'll tie her up (again!) and set off some dynamite in true Penelope Pitstop style. We have the very unusual sight of WW disguising herself as a nurse, something of a rarity, it's normally Diana Prince who assumes the disguises. Does she kill Hitler? Arguably yes. We also have the most graphic ever example of her strength, able to defeat a tank. WW's return is worldwide news with her featured on the cover of Time/Tempo. Once again Steve's dad is referred to in the past tense whilst Jo Atkinson refers to serving in the Office of Strategic Services, the forerunner of the CIA. Anschluss is the term used to denote the unification of Nazi Germany with Austria in the 30s as featured in the Sound of Music. Interesting to compare this ep with some episodes of The New Avengers which also deal with Nazis, clones and suspended animation. It also marks the introduction of the unseen President (a southerner, like Jimmy Carter) briefing the team very much in the style of the contemporary Charlie's Angels. I always thought that if there's a new Wonder Woman series she should save the life of an unseen and unnamed US president who in the last scene is revealed to be Lynda Carter, the secretary from the 1940s now the most powerful person in the world. Now of course if you watch Supergirl she has exactly that role which is marvellous, even down to little jokes such as 'You should see my other plane'.  Steve actually proves himself pretty useful here which makes a nice change, acting more as a team with WW than just needing to be rescued. WW uses acupuncture skill much as Xena will later utilise. One scene I'd have liked to see would have been Diana meeting up with a US government scientist and recognising him as a Nazi war criminal she tangled with in the 40s, now resettled Dr Strangelove style in the US and his past covered up by the government keen to exploit his genius.

6/10

I did enjoy the first season of the CBS version set in the 1970s. It was in its second season it really began to fall apart. They wrote Steve Trevor off the show and Diana was barely even disguised anymore. 

I remember that ABC cancelled both Wonder Woman and The Bionic Woman the same year; NBC picked up Bionic Woman and CBS picked up Wonder Woman.

I never understood how Diana "transformed" into Wonder Woman. Was it just the act of spinning around that magically changed her clothes? That seemed to be the case because Drusilla was able to do it too. Except in the first couple of episodes, when the transformation spin took place in slo-motion, she wound up with her civilian clothes in her hand and would stash them in a drawer or closet, so originally it appeared that she was simply wearing her WW costume underneath her clothes. 

They never showed her transforming back into Diana Prince. The closest I can remember is a quick cut to Diana walking out somehwere that WW had just been, suggesting she was able to instantly change back into Diana. Did she just spin in the opposite direction?

The flash was added because it was too expensive and time consuming to do the slo-mo transformation.   I'm almost positive there was one episode where we see Wonder Woman turn back in to Diana Prince.   I thought it was the same process. 

On 8/13/2019 at 8:16 PM, iMonrey said:

I did enjoy the first season of the CBS version set in the 1970s. It was in its second season it really began to fall apart. They wrote Steve Trevor off the show and Diana was barely even disguised anymore. 

I remember that ABC cancelled both Wonder Woman and The Bionic Woman the same year; NBC picked up Bionic Woman and CBS picked up Wonder Woman.

I never understood how Diana "transformed" into Wonder Woman. Was it just the act of spinning around that magically changed her clothes? That seemed to be the case because Drusilla was able to do it too. Except in the first couple of episodes, when the transformation spin took place in slo-motion, she wound up with her civilian clothes in her hand and would stash them in a drawer or closet, so originally it appeared that she was simply wearing her WW costume underneath her clothes. 

They never showed her transforming back into Diana Prince. The closest I can remember is a quick cut to Diana walking out somehwere that WW had just been, suggesting she was able to instantly change back into Diana. Did she just spin in the opposite direction?

I disagree, for me the 2nd season is where the show gets great. I agree we needed more Steve Trevor but the show is called Wonder Woman? I never liked The Bionic Woman, it was pretty weak. As for the transformations, well this is magic.   

On 8/14/2019 at 4:06 AM, Maverick said:

The flash was added because it was too expensive and time consuming to do the slo-mo transformation.   I'm almost positive there was one episode where we see Wonder Woman turn back in to Diana Prince.   I thought it was the same process. 

I can't recall? I know it was Lynda who was supposed to have come up with it (as Johnny Weismuller came up with the Tarzan call)

The Man who could move the World

Once again the series returns to the subject of the internment Japanese Americans during WW2, a brave move to do at the time. Interesting scene where we see WW looking at a collection of her own memorabilia dating from the 40s. Here we see WW depowered once more but by her own choice, removing her bracelets and belt to face her foe. A very very strange mind control fetish film based on this clip with WW controlled by Ishida, the opening sequence makes it look like WW is doing the dance from 'Thriller' is available on YouTube. Allegedly there's a goof during this ep where you can actually glimpse one of Lynda Carter's stunt doubles in the background with WW in the foreground but I've never been able to spot it during numerous rewatches. One thing that is obvious though is that when we see WW in the WW2 flashback she's wearing her 1970s era costume. Of course maybe she changed it before the end of WW2 so it's not necessarily an anachronism.

Here we have a sympathetic villain rather than the usual 2-D baddie and the series is probably better for it. 6/10

Had to look it up on Wikipedia:

" Generally the audience never sees Wonder Woman change back to Diana Prince, although there is one occasion when it is almost shown: Wonder Woman reveals her secret identity to her little sister Drusilla by slowly turning on the spot, but the actual moment of transformation is masked by a cut-away reaction shot of Drusilla (no thunderclap was heard)."

So it was never officially shown, but it's heavily implied she transforms back to Diana the same way.

11 hours ago, Maverick said:

Had to look it up on Wikipedia:

" Generally the audience never sees Wonder Woman change back to Diana Prince, although there is one occasion when it is almost shown: Wonder Woman reveals her secret identity to her little sister Drusilla by slowly turning on the spot, but the actual moment of transformation is masked by a cut-away reaction shot of Drusilla (no thunderclap was heard)."

So it was never officially shown, but it's heavily implied she transforms back to Diana the same way.

Interesting, how do they deal with it in the current movies?

The Bermuda Triangle Crisis

Once again we have a possible clash between the interests of the US and the Amazons, nuclear power controversial once again (and this is BEFORE 3 mile island). We see WW communicate with home via her magic mirror although I'm not really sure why she feels the need to transform into costume first, surely her mother would recognise her as Diana Prince. We have a downed US aviator as a prison of war being tortured which is pretty near the knuckle, the last Vietnam POWs having only returned a few years previously. We have some very blatantly installed stock footage garnered from the old TV series 'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea' and the classic WW2 film 'The Enemy Below'. Best of all though we have WW in her skintight figurehugging drysuit which is really quite something to behold, especially for mummification fetishists (yes they exist, google it)The scene where she plants the mines on the side of the sub is quite blatantly shot in a swimming pool but we're so busy gawping at Lynda we really don't notice (which could be pretty much a description for the success of the entire series). Reputedly the initial Wonder Woman swimming outfit was a skimpy red, white and blue bikini but it wouldn't stay on Lynda as she did her stunts so they switched to the bodyhugging drysuit instead. LOVE to see THAT footage sometime!

Love her punch the air gesture as she surfaces, rare to see her make such a triumphant action. We also see her in action as Diana, very nearly rescuing the prisoner. One question, if she's able to hold her breath for so long underwater how come she's always getting chloroformed, couldn't she just hold her breath?

7/10 worth it for swimming WW alone

On 8/16/2019 at 12:35 PM, Joe Hellandback said:

Interesting, how do they deal with it in the current movies?

Assuming you mean live action, she changes clothes. We haven't seen any magical quick changes in any of the 3 films she has been in. Allow me to recommend "Wonder Woman" at least, though.

On 3/17/2020 at 7:49 PM, Thomas Crown said:

RIP Lyle Waggoner. 

That's why I am here. Didn't find out until yesterday, so I watcher the first few episodes of season one. I have never seen a man more beautiful passed out than him. That scene in the pilot where Diana is at his bedside in the hospital literally took my breath away! 

The New Original Wonder Woman is now on HBOMax. I started binging after watching WW84 and have completed the first season. Having never seen the series before, it's like a brand new show for me! I hope I can really get into it and appreciate it for the wonderful show it was for its time, and not focus too much on the silly half-century-old special effects and dialogue. I was never as into WW as other superheroes, so I have a lot of catching up to do on the universe that Lynda Carter ruled long before Gal Gadot was even born.

• Love 2