Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of GH Past Viewing Party: '80s, '90s, And All Eras Of Non-Suckitude!

• Start Topic

(edited)

Oh, good, Stavros (finally) fell down the stairs and eventually died.  As much as I was glad to get Laura back, the Stavros crap was kind of a chore to sit through.  Now, back to Luke and Laura realizing they have no freaking idea what to do as mayor and mayor's wife!

I really enjoy the scenes where Luke realizes he's gonna hate / suck at this job .... since his reasons for running for office were so ridiculous in the first place.  

ETA:   Here's another reason Nik was such a blatant retcon  ... about a week after Stavros broke his neck and died, his faithful manservant Yanni (actually sort of a decent guy / not human garbage like most Cassidine affiliates) came to Laura to tell her that Helena was catatonic (pity she didn't stay that way) and that the entire Cassadine family had given up the vendetta.    So there wasn't any threat of danger from Laura from retrieving her spawn.  

... Unless she had PTSD to the extent that she'd blocked the kid's existence from her mind, or just could bear to deal with Luke's histrionics when he found out and flipped his shit.  I can't get too worked up about Laura abandoning baby Nik because (a) I've never liked Nik much, and (b) what she went through on Cassadine island would've fucked up anyone.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2
(edited)

Watching the December '83 episode where Luke tells everyone he's quitting as mayor (after a measly month in the job) and leaving town with Laura.    It is, of course, 10 million light years better than the 2015 departure of Luke, and they do get a sweet, happy send-off.   Two things that are cracking me up, though:

They use a ton of flashbacks (which are fun), but some of the choices are so random that I have to assume the show was just like "hey, Tony, what scenes did you most enjoy shooting?"  And he was like "oh, geez, anything where I got to run around and yell, and use funny accents or costumes, and that time Holly was skinny-dipping, except it was really Emma Samms freezing in a lake in a beige bathing suit while the crew and I stood around watching her like perverts ... yeah, baby!  Oh, and that one time I had funny scenes with a dog -- let's waste 5 minutes of show time on that!"    

Also, when Luke says goodbye to Ruby, they apparently decided he should be crying ... but his face is dripping.  LMAO.  I could be wrong, maybe Tony Geary's entire face leaks when he cries.  But it looks like he threw a cup of water on himself.  

And what in the world is TG doing to GF's ear (at about the 1:03 mark) in this clip???

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

I like Nik so maybe that's why I feel weird about thinking baby Nik is out there somewhere. I don't like current Nik but I've pretty much decided to pretend he's not really Nik. Or has a brain tumor. Anything so that's he's Nik again and not the complete ass he is now. I will also fully admit that my liking for Nik is probably due to the fact that I had a massive crush on him when he first came onto the show. I stopped watching for years so I missed a lot of his adult years.

I'm back to watching the Ice Princess again. Up to May of 1981 which is fun.

I love this O'Reilly woman who has shown up as an acquaintance of Robert. She is hysterical!

Joe Kelly just passed the bar exam and there's a massive surprise party for him at Kelly's. How sad is it that Julian and Alexis' wedding had about a third of the guests that this celebration for a second tier character had. How times have changed...

I'm bored with Heather being released already, and also do not care about Hutch in prison.

Alex and Susan continue to be my favorites so I'm in for disappointment soon.

• Love 1

I like Nik so maybe that's why I feel weird about thinking baby Nik is out there somewhere. I don't like current Nik but I've pretty much decided to pretend he's not really Nik. Or has a brain tumor. Anything so that's he's Nik again and not the complete ass he is now. I will also fully admit that my liking for Nik is probably due to the fact that I had a massive crush on him when he first came onto the show. I stopped watching for years so I missed a lot of his adult years.

I'm back to watching the Ice Princess again. Up to May of 1981 which is fun.

I love this O'Reilly woman who has shown up as an acquaintance of Robert. She is hysterical!

Joe Kelly just passed the bar exam and there's a massive surprise party for him at Kelly's. How sad is it that Julian and Alexis' wedding had about a third of the guests that this celebration for a second tier character had. How times have changed...

I'm bored with Heather being released already, and also do not care about Hutch in prison.

Alex and Susan continue to be my favorites so I'm in for disappointment soon.

Hold. the. phone.

Joe Kelly was a brand new attorney in 1981?  Just passing the bar?

I've never felt older in my life.

• Love 1

I love Joe Kelly. He's a dreamboat. I don't know why I haven't seen him in a pairing yet.

I have to fast forward through Luke and Laura making out. The slurping noises really gross me out. But they're engaged now, so hopefully the wedding is coming up soon.

• Love 2

Joe Kelly fan here.  Joe was great. Doug Sheehan was matinee idol handsome.  He was a good egg and easy going.  He tried hard not to be drawn in by Heather in some of her most femme fatale moments.  There isn't much online of his and Nurse Anne Logan's relationship (she was in love with Jeff Weber - Liz's father),  He did kiss Bobbie under the mistletoe.  They were always friends but the audience could only speculate if they had fooled around off screen.  There was a brief explanation about how he and Rose Kelly may have been lovers (before being seen on the show)  for a time but she chose Joe's father Paddy Kelly over Joe and married him. They were strained in the beginning when both came onto the show but remained close friends. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'd have to go back and find it.

• Love 2

Ugh, I hate when I don't remember everything!  Tony had temporary blindness, but I'd have to do my research to answer you, Ulkis.  Sean played both sides as he saw fit.  He liked riches and money.

Anna and Robert were besotted with each other.  When they washed up on an Italian shore, kissing to a Stevie Wonder song, they got married in a big group of people also getting married.  That's where they picked up Filomena.  If I may, I can still hear my best friend breaking out into hysterical laughter when Robert said "Si" (as is will you take this woman...).  We would rewind the tape (yes we taped it every day) and just keep playing the Si over and over again.  Good and silly times.  The joy that show gave us has not been matched.

• Love 1

What's the deal with Shawn and Tony Jones. Why is he worried Tony will remember some treasure?

Also did, Anna and Robert get married because they had to or because they wanted to? Robert looks cute in his vest. :)

That's not just some treasure. That's the Aztec treasure they're talking about. Tony had been shot by Sean's henchman, Slater. And I forget the details too, but Tony could finger Sean for stealing it.

Wanted to. Like TessHarding2 said, they were besotted with each other at the time.

• Love 1

Joe Kelly fan here. Joe was great. Doug Sheehan was matinee idol handsome. He was a good egg and easy going. He tried hard not to be drawn in by Heather in some of her most femme fatale moments. There isn't much online of his and Nurse Anne Logan's relationship (she was in love with Jeff Weber - Liz's father), He did kiss Bobbie under the mistletoe. They were always friends but the audience could only speculate if they had fooled around off screen. There was a brief explanation about how he and Rose Kelly may have been lovers (before being seen on the show) for a time but she chose Joe's father Paddy Kelly over Joe and married him. They were strained in the beginning when both came onto the show but remained close friends. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I'd have to go back and find it.

It wasn't just implied, Joe and Rose talked about having been in love when they were really young. But her father passed away, and she turned to Joe's father, Paddy, because he could take care of her. She married him in spite of the fact that she was in love with Joe, who was too young to marry her at the time. Not exactly a story line that would work nowadays.

Joe started off being resentful of her, because he hadn't forgiven her yet. But he came around pretty quickly, and they became friends.

After Doug Shehan left for prime time, Rose stuck around for a while. So when the time came to write her out, they had her receive a letter from Joe, who was a politician somewhere, and he wanted her to come be his first Lady.

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

That's not just some treasure. That's the Aztec treasure they're talking about. Tony had been shot by Sean's henchman, Slater. And I forget the details too, but Tony could finger Sean for stealing it.

Wanted to. Like TessHarding2 said, they were besotted with each other at the time.

they looked like they were into each other, but I wasn't sure if the group wedding counted or what, heh.

It wasn't just implied, Joe and Rose talked about having been in love when they were really young. But her father passed away, and she turned to Joe's father, Paddy, because he could take care of her. She married him in spite of the fact that she was in love with Joe, who was too young to marry her at the time. Not exactly a story line that would work nowadays.

Joe started off being resentful of her, because he hadn't forgiven her yet. But he came around pretty quickly, and they became friends.

After Doug Shehan left for prime time, Rose stuck around for a while. So when the time came to write her out, they had her receive a letter from Joe, who was a politician somewhere, and he wanted her to come be his first Lady.

Thank you, Francie.  Is there a video of this or did you just remember it?  I'd be so grateful if you could post it.

Robin was conceived before the mission when Anna was exposed as a double agent.  

I

Oooh I always thought Anna was a double agent before she met Robert, not while she was married to him. Interestiiing.

Well, that's the whole story. She met and fell in love with Robert, and immediately wanted out.  If you're watching it unfold, and want to remain spoiler-free, don't read further.

Faison threatened to kill Robert if she didn't complete that mission where she was caught by Robert. 

Thank you, Francie.  Is there a video of this or did you just remember it?  I'd be so grateful if you could post it.

Robin was conceived before the mission when Anna was exposed as a double agent.  

I

Going by memory, or I certainly would post it. If I ever come across it, I'll bring it over here.  I'm pretty sure that Joe and Rose's back story came out pretty quickly after her introduction. And her introduction coincided with the introduction of Kelly's the diner.

• Love 2

I do really like O'reilly. At first I thought she was annoying with all her "sonnys" but she won me over, especially when Robert asked her if she was jealous and she said "hell yes" or something like that.

• Love 3

I do really like O'reilly. At first I thought she was annoying with all her "sonnys" but she won me over, especially when Robert asked her if she was jealous and she said "hell yes" or something like that.

The cool thing about that for fans is that O'Reilly was first introduced in early 1981 as part of the Ice Princess story. She was Robert's partner, and she was killed along the way, long before they went to the island.

So, when we saw O'Reilly again in 1985 in the flashback scenes, it was a bittersweet treat.

• Love 2

The cool thing about that for fans is that O'Reilly was first introduced in early 1981 as part of the Ice Princess story. She was Robert's partner, and she was killed along the way, long before they went to the island.

So, when we saw O'Reilly again in 1985 in the flashback scenes, it was a bittersweet treat.

Awww, bummer. But at least that means there's more O'Reilly. Maybe I'll check out the beginning of the Ice Princess another time.

Well, that's the whole story. She met and fell in love with Robert, and immediately wanted out.  If you're watching it unfold, and want to remain spoiler-free, don't read further.

Faison threatened to kill Robert if she didn't complete that mission where she was caught by Robert. 

Going by memory, or I certainly would post it. If I ever come across it, I'll bring it over here.  I'm pretty sure that Joe and Rose's back story came out pretty quickly after her introduction. And her introduction coincided with the introduction of Kelly's the diner.

Thanks.  You really remember a lot about different stories.  I still watch them over and over but I miss stuff.  I would have to say I'm a Luke and Laura expert if anyone needs one, lol

O'Reilly - when she came on and I heard her voice I said wait a minute....and then knew it was Witchipoo from HR Puffinstuff (a kids show in the 70's).  She was a pistol.  Luke kept calling her the nice old lady.....(she was 49, so kill me now).  She still does a lot of cartoon voice work.

• Love 3

That was a great moment. When Robert accuses her of being jealous, O'Reilly says, incredulously:

"Jealous of Anna? Are you kidding?" And then when you expect her to say "of course not," she instead says:

"Of course I am!"

Join the club, O'Reilly. Join the club (at least pre-2016 .. or maybe 2015).

Edited by Francie
  • Love 2

I'm watching the Ice Princess story now and I love O'Reilly! Sad to see she dies at some point in the story. I didn't know that, but since it's a 35 year old story you'd think I would have.

I'm glad to hear that Joe and Rose end up together, even if it does happen offscreen. I think I started watching old GH after their back story so that's good info to have. I always wondered how she ended up with his dad and not him because, hello, he's gorgeous and awesome.

I'm up to the part of Ice Princess where Alex and Tony have reunited and Robert just found out (which is a hilarious scene as he needles Alex), everyone knows Luke doesn't have the statue but they don't know who does.

• Love 3

I'm watching the Ice Princess story now and I love O'Reilly! Sad to see she dies at some point in the story. I didn't know that, but since it's a 35 year old story you'd think I would have.

I'm glad to hear that Joe and Rose end up together, even if it does happen offscreen. I think I started watching old GH after their back story so that's good info to have. I always wondered how she ended up with his dad and not him because, hello, he's gorgeous and awesome.

I'm up to the part of Ice Princess where Alex and Tony have reunited and Robert just found out (which is a hilarious scene as he needles Alex), everyone knows Luke doesn't have the statue but they don't know who does.

Joe and Rose were close, they were family.  Nothing more.

Watch how funny Rose is starting at 5:00

https://youtu.be/P-Iu0im3h4k?list=PL4191108F2B25C21E

Scorpio meet Devane.

https://youtu.be/84j9AJ9r8yk?list=PL9D1BC1F203BE1793

Just silly trivia - "The Swede" (Allan Fawcett) was my neighbor for a while in the early 80's when he was doing Edge of Night.  He wasn't particularly friendly.  He was close to my friend and neighbor.  He should have been walking around on a cloud being on an ABC soap in the early 80's.  That lineup was gold back then.

Edited by TessHarding2
  • Love 1

Just an FYI, Tony wasn't blinded temporarily until late 1988 and remained blind until mid-summer 1989. In the 1985 storyline, he was shot by someone Sean had hired to help him transport the treasure. Tony was temporarily paralyzed in 1985 and had to learn how to walk and talk again because he was shot in the head. 

Poor Tony Jones was like the Kelly Taylor of GH in the 80s. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Thanks for the clarification, TessHarding2! I interpreted the post saying he asked her to come be his First Lady as them ending up together romantically.

I'm kind of sad they didn't utilize Rose more. She was fun! But I'm not really sure what else they could have done with her.

• Love 1

Ugh, the Luke propping started early on this show and apparently never ended. Just about every character on canvas (including Robert F'in Scorpio) is saying how smart and loving and resourceful and brave and blah blah blah Luke is. I kind of love Rick and Lesley more because they're not buying it.

Monica just said "no one gets away with murder in this town". Oh Monica, just wait a few years and pretty much everyone will get away with murder (including the guy who murders your son). 

How did I not know that Thao Penglis was the original Victor Cassadine? I honestly thought he was just cast for that a few years ago, I didn't know he originated the role!

• Like 2

I loved O'Reilly!  And it was a really cool way to flesh out the Robert character.   Until she arrives, the audience mostly sees Robert as Luke and Laura see him - basically, a cool, charming enigma.  And then the audience sees him in unguarded moment, completely overjoyed by the arrival of this adorable, quirky mother-figure / friend, who clearly adores him.

• Love 2
On April 23, 2016 at 5:07 PM, ulkis said:

Also did, Anna and Robert get married because they had to or because they wanted to? Robert looks cute in his vest. :)

They went undercover as a fake honeymooning couple in France, then fell in love on the mission and married for real after they fled to Italy.   So it was definitely something they decided to do on their own -- and the WSB probably wasn't too happy about their agents doing that (casual sleeping together might have been fine, but forming that kind of an attachment when you were supposed to be all about business would've likely been frowned upon.)  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This may have been around somewhere but I'd never seen it before. Bobbie sees an unconscious Bill, and calls Ruby, thinking it might be Luke. Ruby freaks out because he's an Eckert. Bobbie then introduces herself to him. Robert also meets him for the first time and is just as thrown. Then we see the rest of the Eckerts...short-lived as many of them were. And mentions of various Eckerts we'd never meet, due to...not so warm fan response to this group.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I thought the Eckerts were 90s - guess they were late 80s!   

It's not like the Eckerts were that bad of an idea.  But they were kind of dropped on the show and heavily featured before there was any apparent reason to show them so much (other than "Geary's back, so he gets an entire family and he's front and center immediately!").      

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, SlovakPrincess said:

It's not like the Eckerts were that bad of an idea.  But they were kind of dropped on the show and heavily featured before there was any apparent reason to show them so much (other than "Geary's back, so he gets an entire family and he's front and center immediately!").      

They were. They were introduced in early 1991.

15 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

I think if they hadn't fired so many other actors it might have gotten a less hostile response from fans. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I think if they hadn't fired so many other actors it might have gotten a less hostile response from fans. 

Ooh, who got fired??  I've blocked out a lot of that period, I think.  

Current show is crap, so I'm in the early '84 episodes now.  Frisco!   Eeeeeeeeee!

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, SlovakPrincess said:

Current show is crap, so I'm in the early '84 episodes now.  Frisco!   Eeeeeeeeee!

The guy who played Decker Moss, for one. 

Actually, both him and Dawn's (final) actress, Jennifer Guthrie. Decker & Dawn were one of the only things the show had going in early 1991, and Monty dumped them both. I think there's a video out there from 1991's GH fan luncheon where she tries to explain why she fired Michael Watson (Decker) and...I don't think all the fans were with her there. 

Edited by UYI
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:28 PM, SlovakPrincess said:

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 0:13 AM, UYI said:

They were. They were introduced in early 1991.

The day after Valentine's Day, 1991. That's when Bill Eckert was fished out of the lake, along with Mac Scorpio.

Jenny showed up that day as the leader of that Greenpeace-like organization.

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 8:28 PM, SlovakPrincess said:

I don't know if they were fired or chose to quit, but late 1990 had, in addition to Decker Moss, there were the lead characters of Katherine Delafield and Shep Casey.  Edie has said she left once she heard Gloria had no interest in her character.  With Edie leaving, her supporting character and sounding board, played by Mary Jo Cartlett, soon followed.  Colton Shore (I know, most will say no big loss, but he had been on the show awhile, and when you compare him to, say, Connor, he becomes more palatable) left right around that time, too.  I think with him leaving, Charlene wasn't far behind.  Cheryl Stansbury was still in and out until Gloria had her killed in a car accident off-screen.  There was the Edge  guy too, who had been brought on in 1990 as a possible love interest for Anna.

So, Gloria got rid of Lucy's family (Decker, Colton and Charlene), Tiffany's sounding board (Cheryl), and all traces of the Jeromes except for baby Lucas. Then she killed off Monica's daughter in what was, for me, one of the most graphic daytime deaths, and put Alan and Monica together and relegated them to the background.

Then another big hole was created when Jack Wagner left at summer-time.

Man, this is all coming back to me.  It's interesting how many of the sounding board characters Gloria took away.  For instance, Anna had Olin, the maid, to bounce things off -- a great sounding board and exposition character. Her portrayer was written out right before Anna and Robert's wedding, and upon their return, Anna never got a sounding board supporting character back. Instead, Robert got all the exposition scenes and his sounding board partner was Bill Eckert. Bill would come over to the Scorpio house first thing the morning, and the two of them got all the exposition scenes.

I vividly remember what a stark difference there was in that show within just a few months in 1991. It was like watching an entirely different show. I went from being addicted to turning it off and walking away for a couple years in less than five months.

Edited by Francie
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
(edited)
1 hour ago, Francie said:

Cheryl Stansbury was still in and out until Gloria had her killed in a car accident off-screen.  T

I think that was in late 1992, so Wendy Riche was there by then.

And the Wagners actually left together in 1991, with only Kristina returning a year later. 

Edited by UYI
(edited)
1 hour ago, Francie said:

So, Gloria got rid of Lucy's family (Decker, Colton and Charlene), Tiffany's sounding board (Cheryl), and all traces of the Jeromes except for baby Lucas. Then she killed off Monica's daughter in what was, for me, one of the most graphic daytime deaths, and put Alan and Monica together and relegated them to the background.

I went to look up Dawn and the last line from the GH wiki inappropriately cracks me up:

Edge Jerome wanted to break up and kill Decker and Dawn for Dawn's money. Then, during a fire at Body Heat, a club Dawn and Decker owned, he hit both of them in the head with a pipe and framed Decker. Sadly, Dawn was murdered. Decker was later proved not guilty and left town depressed. Monica was also very upset.

Also, she was played by 4 actresses in two years? Sheesh. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Like 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, UYI said:

I think that was in late 1992, so Wendy Riche was there by then.

And the Wagners actually left together in 1991, with only Kristina returning a year later. 

Gotcha about Cheryl. Gloria did cut her -- I remember her hightailing it out of town in humiliation in February 1991.  I hadn't remembered that  her off-screen death was so much later.  I'm confusing the fact that Gloria had re-ignited an animosity between Tiffany and Bobbie, and both actresses were like, huh? It's water under the bridge.

Jack left in June.  Kristina left the show in November/December. The scene where Frisco tells Felicia he's returning to the WSB is heartbreaking. But they did write is as an off-screen reconciliation between Frisco and Felicia.

I'm a dork. I looked up what end credits I could find online quickly.  Frist, I will say that Gloria did keep about 20 contract players from 1990.  But, she added 17 contract players in 6 months. Seventeen!!!! In 6 months!!!

Bill, Jenny, Angela, Frank (that's the dad's name, right?), Sly, Nancy.  Those were all the Eckerts.

In addition to those 6, she also added: Mac, Joey Moscini (I don't remember him, but he's contract), Harlan Barrett, Paul Hornsby, Dominique, NuSimone (ok, maybe this one should slide since it was a recast), Connor, Julia Barrett, A.J., Finian (Arte Johnson!), and Leopold Taub.

Oy, this show stopped revolving around the Quartermaines (I didn't realize that Lucy and Alan didn't get married until 1990), Lucy's family, the Joneses, the Lavery family (Anna/Robin/Olin as a unit), and became all about the Eckerts, Robert and Mac Scorpio and their extended family (Finian was a Mac prop), and the cartel. Anna and Monica in particular lost their point of view, as Gloria shifted the focus of the show to be around Bill, Mac, Robert, and to a certain extent, Paul Hornsby. Oh, and Jenny Eckert. Ugh, the notion of men fighting over goofy Jenny Eckert is still laughable to me to this day.

27 minutes ago, ulkis said:

I went to look up Dawn and the last line from the GH wiki inappropriately cracks me up:

Edge Jerome wanted to break up and kill Decker and Dawn for Dawn's money. Then, during a fire at Body Heat, a club Dawn and Decker owned, he hit both of them in the head with a pipe and framed Decker. Sadly, Dawn was murdered. Decker was later proved not guilty and left town depressed. Monica was also very upset.

Also, she was played by 4 actresses in two years? Sheesh. 

LOL! about that entry. Sums it up, perfectly.

Yeah, it took awhile for a Dawn to stick, but the one paired with Decker lasted for their entire run, and that was about a year long.  So, it's more like 3 Dawns in one year, and one who finally became popular.

One of the failed Dawns? Sharon Case.

Edited by Francie
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
(edited)

I tuned out for all the Casey the Alien craziness (even as a kid, I was like ... no).   I only eventually came back because of Anna's Valentine's Day revenge on Robert and the fact that they were getting back together!  It looked like the show was about to get fun again!!  And I was even able to tolerate the Eckerts for a while ... but it pretty quickly all went to poop.

Jumping back to '84:   I like 80s Holly, I really do.  But I roll my eyes every time she pesters Robert to let her do police work as, like, a hobby because she's bored.  Like, I get it, and I love that she's smart and capable and wants to do something worthwhile with her time ... but that's not how this works, Holly!   You're his wife and it will look bad / weird for him as Police Commissioner if you're playing at police work when you haven't had the training.  At this point, I kind of want Robert to be like "just get your own job!!  Geez!"  

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1
(edited)

On The Americans last night the episode was set in late '83 and Russian spy Elizabeth and her American daughter were watching GH and the Grant Putnam storyline, appropriately.

Edited by VCRTracking
  • Like 2
  • Love 3

If anyone needs to see another actor play Frisco temporarily, here it is.  Jack was in contract negotiations.  This piece of wood must have gotten a lot of fan letters or something because they brought him back to play Kevin, a young doctor in the Terry Brock storyline.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I gotta say, the Prometheus Disc story was a favorite of mine - it is so good, but still obscure enough in GH history that there were some unspoiled surprises for me in the plot.   I actually gasped when a certain someone was revealed as a DVX spy!!   (not Grant, I already expected him to be up to no good).   

1984 has been a bit of a drag so far ... young Frisco and the knowledge that Felicia and Sean show up later in the year keep me going, though!  Also the random fun bits, like the scenes where Holly prepares to take Robert on his first skiing trip ... and he's duly horrified to learn how chair lifts work.  Hee!    (Sadly, I don't think we'll actually get to see Robert trying to ski).

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5
On 6/27/2016 at 7:33 PM, TessHarding2 said:

If anyone needs to see another actor play Frisco temporarily, here it is.  Jack was in contract negotiations.  This piece of wood must have gotten a lot of fan letters or something because they brought him back to play Kevin, a young doctor in the Terry Brock storyline.  

Gloria Monty allegedly kept him around as a warning to Jack Wagner - and other cast members - that they could easily be replaced. 

Anyway, here's part of an early 1994 episode. It's the one where Luke and Laura tell Lucky that she's pregnant.

• Love 1
On 7/29/2016 at 0:22 PM, Pete Martell said:

Gloria Monty allegedly kept him around as a warning to Jack Wagner - and other cast members - that they could easily be replaced. 

Anyway, here's part of an early 1994 episode. It's the one where Luke and Laura tell Lucky that she's pregnant.

This is one of my favorite scenes

Every now and then I watch an 80s episode and think "nice eyeliner, Robert!"  Probably all the men had to wear make-up for the cameras, but it seems extra obvious on him for some reason.  (Not that he doesn't look damn fine wearing it ...)

The 2 Grants story is goofy as hell, but I am enjoying the outdoor skiing scenes.  Wonder where those were filmed ... it looks like they had to film close to sunset, after the mountain closed to skiers for the day.      

The old lady in me is like "you young'uns should be wearing helmets!"  But, of course, that wasn't really a thing in 1984.  

Robert and Holly don't go on the ski trip with Sane Grant and Celia, so I don't get to see non-skiier Robert fall down the mountain - sad for me, but I guess good for R and H, since they won't be murder targets for Crazy Grant!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Ok, I had to just throw up my hands and laugh at the Grant plot - I thought he was going to try to throw Good Grant off a ski mountain, but then Bad Grant ... broke his own ankle, dangled himself off the side of the mountain and got Good Grant to rescue him.  

Did he just fuck up his murder plan somehow and then have to play the victim?   Do I even care?   Non-spy Grant is not interesting, and dealing with a whiny Good Grant and a whiny Bad Grant and a whiny Celia all at the same time is just a lot.   Now  Celia is whining to Good Grant that he has to visit whiny Bad Grant in the hospital.  Good Grant doesn't want to, so he's whining about it.  I want them all to fall off a mountain now.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 1