Type keyword(s) to search

Ghosts of GH Past Viewing Party: '80s, '90s, And All Eras Of Non-Suckitude!

• Start Topic

Started watching as a kid around '79 because my sisters (junior high age) were fans. I didn't care much for the Luke and Laura romance nonsense, but even at age 10, 11, 12, I loved the mystery of the show. My absolute favorites were the murder mystery stories - Susan Moore (it was like an Agatha Christie story unfolding daily) and Diana Taylor a couple years before that.

The best thing about the Diana Taylor murder was how it unfolded. You had the Jeff-Anne-Diana triangle, all the while Jeff's wife (Heather) was locked up in Forest Hills Sanitarium. One day, while Heather is visiting her mother Alice - housekeeper for Rick and Lesley - she finds and steals a gun from the Webbers. Back at Forest Hills, Heather stashes the gun in the plastic head of the doll that her roommate Sarah carries around. Then Heather swipes a nurses uniform. With her hair up, she resembles Nurse Shelly Vernon. She overhears how Shelly stores a spare key to her car under the bumper because she's always locking herself out, and voila! Heather has an escape route to visit Port Charles and spy on Jeff.

She hates Diana for taking her son Steven Lars (now known as PJ), and she hates Anne for her romance with Jeff - so Heather decides to kill Diana and frame Anne for the murder! Of course, it helps that the virginal Anne finds out about Jeff's one night stand with Diana, creating bad blood between the two. On the eve of Port Charles Founder's Day celebration, Heather dons her Shelley disguise, and sets out to execute her plan...

Thirty-five years later, and I still remember details of this story like it was last year. That's how detailed it was as it unfolded over a couple of months. So much fun to watch.

• Love 4

The Diana and the Susan murder mysteries were so good, right?! Although I have to say, I liked both characters and was sorry to see them die ...

Heather really was a hateful little jerk, but I could kind of enjoy her once she hooked up with Scotty. Heh.

I've been watching the Diana Taylor murder for the past week. A few each night.There are clips from episodes as well as full episodes of the show.    I love everything said above.  Bert Ramsey was so great too.   My favorite is the Susan Moore murder because Robert turns it out.  That man could work a crime scene.  I love to watch the old shows when there's a full blown storyline - a beginning, middle and end.  

• Love 2
(edited)

I have completely given up on current day GH - but I will binge watch a few 80s episodes some nights like nobody's business.

The night of Diana's murder went on for so many episodes - but they really kept up the suspense! So much Heather lurking everywhere ...

It didn't hurt that it was also the night of the disco contest, which Bobbie and Luke rigged for Robert to win (so Luke could slip away and find Ice Princess clues without Robert following him).

Robert yelling at everyone "But it's rigged! I'm a terrible dancer! Where did Luke go?" just cracked me up.

ETA: I loved creepy Sarah from the institution - is that weird?

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

I've been watching the Diana Taylor murder for the past week. A few each night.There are clips from episodes as well as full episodes of the show.    I love everything said above.  Bert Ramsey was so great too.   My favorite is the Susan Moore murder because Robert turns it out.  That man could work a crime scene.  I love to watch the old shows when there's a full blown storyline - a beginning, middle and end.  

Do you happen to know the playlist name or the youtuber who posted it? 

These weren't put into playlists so pay attention to the dates.

https://youtu.be/b7cpLd9fEEM

https://youtu.be/SNQBAeaH-RU'

https://youtu.be/7n6CAfswQzs

https://youtu.be/53kOHov0nt4

https://youtu.be/pYAOPGSd-SM

Then the GH Rick Lesley channel picks it up with full episodes and follows the post murder investigation.  Watch the playlist from the date below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ZpFFUQlwo&list=PLAbSANZ00Hpqmaqoozr1CpsCqLwP9nRWC&index=30

• Love 2

I'm watching the Grant-Putnam-is-really-a-perfectly-disguised-communist-spy story from '83 ... and I have a pet theory that at least one of the creators / writers for The Americans watched this in their formative years and was inspired by it.

Grant (and one other character) have been perfectly assimilated into American life, with full-time jobs (at the hospital, naturally) and relationships and fake back stories .... just like The Americans.

There's a hilarious flashback where Grant is practicing to kiss "like an American" ("No, comrade, they do it like in Hollywood movies!" -- hee hee!) .... whereas in The Americans, they showed flashbacks of Philip practicing having sex with all different kinds of people, so he will be able to seduce anyone out in the field.   

And one episode of The Americans had Paige watching a GH episode from '83.

A quick and lazy Google search does nothing to support my theory, but I'll bet I'm right!

• Love 4

These weren't put into playlists so pay attention to the dates.

https://youtu.be/b7cpLd9fEEM

https://youtu.be/SNQBAeaH-RU'

https://youtu.be/7n6CAfswQzs

https://youtu.be/53kOHov0nt4

https://youtu.be/pYAOPGSd-SM

Then the GH Rick Lesley channel picks it up with full episodes and follows the post murder investigation.  Watch the playlist from the date below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ZpFFUQlwo&list=PLAbSANZ00Hpqmaqoozr1CpsCqLwP9nRWC&index=30

So sorry for my delayed response -- thank you TessHarding2.  I'll check them out!

BTW, I love your profile pic.  I just watched Desk Set this weekend. 

So sorry for my delayed response -- thank you TessHarding2. I'll check them out!

BTW, I love your profile pic. I just watched Desk Set this weekend.

I watch this movie about once a month. :) Thank you, Netflix!

So sorry for my delayed response -- thank you TessHarding2.  I'll check them out!

BTW, I love your profile pic.  I just watched Desk Set this weekend. 

You're welcome!  I love all of their movies together.  I watched Woman of the Year last week.  They were sexy for any decade.  

If you want to see a near-perfect weeklong arc (and also if you're a Monica fan) you should really watch the 6/13 to 6/17 episodes from '83.

Monica and Bobbie operate all night long on a woman's heart, but unfortunately she dies. When they tell her husband, he goes nuts and holds them (and social worker Brian) hostage in the hospital cafeteria. Steve Hardy has to manage running the hospital while this is going on. Robert goes in to do some hostage negotiating. Luke acts like an ass (of course he does) but ends up making himself useful by the end of the story.

Monica and Bobbie and Brian - all these actors do phenomenal work, and the compassion and concern they all show each other while in this terrible situation is sweet. Alan's anguish over the crisis is very well acted. Even gossipy little Amy rises to the occasion and helps at a crucial point.

(Anything involving Celia, Grant or Natalie has to do with the adorably goofy communist spy story that takes up the much of the year, so that's all you need to know about making sense of their scenes.)

You can start here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLom3XZh172mNKamh21Prkz6zqepxf8QF7&v=gn4cDAVUHrA

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

Thanks for posting the clips to old episodes. I much preferred the older days of soap operas, just the pacing of the plots, the richer complexion of the stories, and the quieter and more natural writing and dialogue.

I think the changes we've seen in soap operas are a sign of the times. More style, less substance. In the days before VCRs, or when they still weren't too common, soap operas had to tell stories at a slower pace, where if you missed a couple of episodes, you could hop back in. But the plus side of that process was that you had a lot of scenes of people gossiping or just talking to each other to let them (and the viewers) know what was going on. It might have been Monica and Gail having coffee in the hospital cafeteria, or Steve and Rick meeting for lunch at The Floating Rib. But it made you feel like they were people you knew.

More recent soap operas feel like there has to be some "event" to get you to tune into. The old-timer characters, instead of acting as a sounding board (or at worst, exposition for the audience) are rarely seen. And the characters are plugged into big and noisy plot lines with little regard to how consistent those plots are for the background of those characters.

Oh well, at least we have You Tube.

• Love 5

I'm watching Robert/Holly in the Prometheus Disk storyline. I adored them together

Robert/Holly have always been my favorite GH pairing. Hated Robert with Anna! You guys are inspiring me to check old clips on youtube. Far more entertaining than the current version of this show. At least back in the day the stench of Sonny didn't exist!

• Love 1
(edited)

My excuse for doing nothing with my life today is that the weather outside is terrible.  So ... take me to 1983-era GH, inter webs!!  

Why did Holly wear those fussy little skirt suits that year?  She had no job!!  Why would you wear something that uncomfortable just to hang out in your (awesome) house all day long?  Although, as a TV character, I guess she needed to be ready to go meet someone for coffee or lunch at a moment's notice.

Eek!  I'm up to the scorpion episode!  Did they really make the Celia actress sit in bed and pretend not to notice a giant freaking scorpion crawling around next to her?!  Hope they gave her hazard pay for that episode, LOL.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

I'm watching Robert/Holly in the Prometheus Disk storyline. I adored them together

As hokey as the plot line was, Prometheus Disk (although I loathed whiny ass Cecilia with the heat of 1000 suns) is one of my favorite story lines.  As with Ice Princess (my favorite of all time), it wasn't so much about the OTT story, but rather about the characters and their interactions.

Edited by LegalParrot81
  • Love 2

As hokey as the plot line was, Prometheus Disk (although I loathed whiny ass Cecilia with the heat of 1000 suns) is one of my favorite story lines.  As with Ice Princess (my favorite of all time), it wasn't so much about the OTT story, but rather about the characters and their interactions.

YES!  So much this.

I think the best adventure stories of the '80s - precisely because of the characters introduced and the relationships explored - were:

- Ice Princess (1981): really that whole year-long arc that involved Luke and Laura breaking up and coming back together ... and Robert going from sinister new guy in town to secret agent hero with a heart of gold ... and the fact that it all starts with the awesome original Edward Q and his conniving niece Alex (bless her cold little businesswoman heart) ... and Mikkos, the only Cassadine I'll ever love.    

- Prometheus Disk (1983): the breakdown of Luke and Robert's friendship, and Holly being torn between the two of them ... and Grant becoming conflicted over what he was going to have to do for the DVX, and going from using Celia as a cover to really wanting to protect her ... and the mayoral campaign that takes place in the background ... and I just get a kick out of evil little Natasha.  

- Aztec Princess (1985): Robert and Holly having to deal with his past ... and Anna!  and Sean Donnolly! ... and Robert forgiving Anna for her past ... and Felicia and Frisco dealing with their issues, because Tony gets shot in the head at some point and Frisco blames it on Felicia's search for her family's treasure ... and that super awesome fight between Sean and Robert.  

There was just so much creativity and attention to complicated relationships back then.  So they could get away with the some of the OTT elements, because it was a damn good ride and you liked the characters.  

• Love 1

Holly and Robert are gorgeous/adorable. The Prometheus Disk story feels like it's been going on forever but it's SO. GOOD.

I  mean, there's no mustache twirling villains and the piano player is menacing precisely because he's terrifyingly pragmatic. And it's so well-plotted - nobody has to be be an idiot, the DVX are just good at their jobs.

I also love that there are so many other things happening; it feels like a real town

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 1

It's so wonderful seeing all of these emotional beats get played. love Luke's friendship with Tiffany. It's too bad they stopped allowing him to just be friends with women. He relationships with both Skye and Anna worked better as friendships

Watching 80s Luke just underscores what an incredible find JJ was - Lucky sounds just like 80s Luke.

I  mean, there's no mustache twirling villains and the piano player is menacing precisely because he's terrifyingly pragmatic. And it's so well-plotted - nobody has to be be an idiot, the DVX are just good at their jobs.

I watched that story start to finish recently, and it was so well done. Natalie, Luke's physical therapist and Gregory, I think, the piano player were great villains. But like you said they weren't moustache twirling. I really like Natalie especially, she was played by a wonderful actress. You actually felt for her, but knew she'd never succeed.

That storyline had Luke, Grant, and the disc at the center, and then had wonderful spokes out from it -- Grant and Celia's relationship; Grant's cover; Luke and Holly still harboring feelings for each other; Robert and Holly's blossoming relationship (not a strongpoint for me, but still better written than anything today); Luke and Robert's friendship; Luke and his gambling club and his mayoral run; Lesley and her gambling addiction; Tiffany sang at the club and got embroiled in the action.  It was such a well-structured story.

It was basically a retelling of Casablanca with everyone going to Luke's Place.  Holly and he had lost Paris, and she had turned to the stalwart Robert Victor Laslo. Substitute the disc for the letters of transport and then add some secret agents.

And there was even a piano player!

• Love 2

I'm watching the Prometheus Disk story now for the second time - and I never saw the parallels to Casablanca until reading your post. 

Mind = blown  

Of course, the episode I'm watching now is making me snicker ... they just keep making up countries for the dignitaries attending the "World Expo" in Port Charles.  Gulestan!  Golandu!  ...    Hee!  Some of this is cringe-inducingly un-PC ...

• Love 2
Of course, the episode I'm watching now is making me snicker ... they just keep making up countries for the dignitaries attending the "World Expo" in Port Charles.  Gulestan!  Golandu!  ...    Hee!  Some of this is cringe-inducingly un-PC ...

Yes! So many ridiculous stereotypes. 

But a lot of fun to be had.  The writers didn't treat the viewers like idiots with the plot twists and slights of hand. There were several deaths along the way, and guess what? Not one of them came back from the dead. Not even poor Bunny.

• Love 3

Yes! So many ridiculous stereotypes. 

But a lot of fun to be had.  The writers didn't treat the viewers like idiots with the plot twists and slights of hand. There were several deaths along the way, and guess what? Not one of them came back from the dead. Not even poor Bunny.

Never forget Bunny Willis!

• Love 2
(edited)

So, I've reached the point in Prometheus Disk when Luke finally realizes he needs to go to Robert and come clean about the disk ... but I'm still going to enjoy it when Luke gets kidnapped and bopped on the head by the villains a few times.  He really has it coming at this point.

The first time I watched this storyline, I didn't really like Connie the WSB agent.  But the second time around, I really do -- it probably helps that I'm skipping most of her relationship scenes with Luke (which didn't work for me at all).

I feel like segments of the show hated Demi Moore at certain periods.  Like, at first the writers seemed to want her character Jackie to be likable ... but wardrobe seemed to have it in for her.   By the mid- to end of '83, her hair and wardrobe finally look great ... and the writers have turned her into a bitter, obnoxious pill.   I wonder what was going on there!

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

Speaking of Frisco and Tony, oh my goodness I had forgotten how great they were. They really felt like brothers and had some hilarious and heartwarming scenes together.

The other realization I made was about Jack Wagner. I never found him hot on his own, but watching him as Frisco in some of his scenes with Felicia and Tony, he was making me feel kind of swoony. He was more talented than I've given him credit for.

I thought Frisco and Tony were the best tv brothers I'd ever seen.  After all these years, I've never forgotten this scene.  The Jones family after Tania died (BJ's mother).  Watch from 1:20 to 4:30

http://youtu.be/cKFhhTLZBck?list=PLD8558C5E0D615564

• Love 1

I have reached the end of the Prometheus Disk story ... and I have to say, as much as I wanted to punch Luke in the throat for most of the story, he really does have his moments at the end.  

Like when it's all over, and Robert is being interviewed on TV and says something nice about Luke, and Luke gets this shy little smile on his face, like "yay! maybe we can salvage our friendship!"     

• Love 3

I watched classic GH episodes from mid-80s from online. I really loved Duke/Anna, Anna and Duke's friendship with Sean, Felicia, Tiffany, Frisco and Angel, and adventure. What a blast!! I never know soaps can be so beautiful. 

Edited by sweetautumn
  • Love 2

I watched classic GH episodes from mid-80s from online. I really loved Duke/Anna, Anna and Duke's friendship with Sean, Felicia, Tiffany, Frisco and Angel, and adventure. What a blast!! I never know soaps can be so beautiful.

I forgot about Duke's friend Angel! Yeah, the groups of friends on the show back then were great

Just started the episodes with Laura's return from the dead.   Love seeing Laura alive and well ... but that goofy "Think of Laura" song is going to drive me stark raving mad.

Laughing my ass off at Luke realizing he will be in way over his head as mayor.  That's what happens when you run for office on a whim, you fool!

• Love 1

What story came first - ice princess, Diana's murder, or Susan's murder? I feel like watching some old GH I've never seen, but am not sure where to start or what years to search for on YouTube. Or does anyone know of a channel that would have them all? The show was so much better back then...

Ice Princess was tail end of '80 (Robert shows up in Luke's apartment demanding information in about Nov, I think) through '81.

Diana gets murdered Feb of '81.

Susan doesn't get murdered until Feb of '83 (although the lead up to that starts in second half of '82.

• Love 1

Thanks SlovakPrincess! I'll start with 1980 and see what I can find.

It seems like an oversight that ABC doesn't have their own channel showing story arcs from old soaps. I think so many would watch, and the nostalgia might just get them to tune into the currently airing episodes. If they had it as part of Hulu Plus, they may even make some money off the old episodes.

• Love 2

Just started the episodes with Laura's return from the dead.   Love seeing Laura alive and well ... but that goofy "Think of Laura" song is going to drive me stark raving mad.

Laughing my ass off at Luke realizing he will be in way over his head as mayor.  That's what happens when you run for office on a whim, you fool!

Lol don't you have to have some type of experience to do that anyways.I never understood why Luke won the race in the first place other than he was the most popular character on the show.

On another note I liked susan much better than I like Jason lol.

Edited by Harmony233

I recently started watching again with October 1980 and FINALLY finished the left handed boy story. That was kind of a slog and I didn't feel like the resolution was worth it.

One question- what happened to Scotty after Laura ran off with Luke? I haven't seen him since then, though there was a mention of Gail being worried about him. The play list I was watching is very Luke/Laura/Webber heavy so it may be that his stuff was edited out.

So now I'm up to February of 1981 and getting into the Ice Princess story. Luke just found out that it's a diamond statue thing, and Laura is kind of dating Robert. I found a new play list but it's also pretty Luke/Laura heavy so I'm not sure what other stories I might be missing.

The few scenes I've gotten of Alan and Susan are awesome. I never root for adultery, but I'm totally ready for them to start. He's just asked her to be his mistress but she hasn't decided yet. Monica sucks. Seriously what is her problem? She doesn't want to fix her marriage to Alan, but won't divorce him or move out. She's just so miserable all the time that I'm rooting for Alan and Susan to be happy together already. Susan is awesome and I love her. She's such a fun character; I seriously don't know how Jason is related to her. Also how did the dark haired dark eyed Alan and Susan manage to produce the blond haired blue eyed Jason? It's like casting forgot that he's not biologically Monica's son.

I'm really enjoying Alexandria Quartermaine too. She's bitchy and kind of ruthless so far, but I enjoy her. She's the kind of bitchy character that soaps need- she's not a hero but also not a complete cartoon either, and the writing manages to make her feud with Laura fun.

One thing I really love about old episodes (and I've mentioned this before) is that they actually feel like a real town. We see many of the characters at the disco (Robert was introduced to half the cast there in a few short scenes) or at the same restaurant (scenes with Laura and Luke at dinner as well as Alan, Monica, Gail, and Lee; Howard and Susan; Amy, Kathy, Brian, and Claudia; and Lesley and Rick...all on the same night). It allows for more natural interactions between characters. I don't think we get scenes like that on the show anymore and it's too bad.

Also what happened to all the houses on this show? There's no reason that Liz can't be living in Steve and Audrey old house, or why no one could be living in Lesley's. These houses should be handed down- there's no excuse for having people living at the Metro Court all the time.

Robert is extremely interesting and I'm excited to see more of him tomorrow while I watch.

• Love 3

Scotty does sort of disappear during the Left Handed Boy story ... he runs off to Mexico - to hide from the humiliation, I guess.

I actually liked the way that story slowly morphed into the Ice Princess story. Luke and Laura struggling to find jobs and rebuild their lives after their summer on the run was an interesting element.

I know she's a jerk, but I love Alex. And all her outfits.

Robert was a lot of fun. I really think Laura should have given him more serious consideration when he was trying to date her. I would have been all over that, LOL.

• Love 3

I can't figure out why Laura isn't at least somewhat torn between Luke and Robert. Luke is awful. I have no idea how he became such a soap icon. Even leaving aside the rape (which is hard to do), he's a controlling, condescending ass to Laura and yet she pines after him. Robert is so much more handsome than Luke too. I am really struggling to see why Laura and Alex are fighting over him.

Diana Taylor has been shot and PJ has been revealed to be Steven Lars. I'm enjoying some of the fall out from that with Jeff and Anne.

I'm ready for Heather to leave the sanitarium and stop clutching that doll all the time. I appreciate that she's not such a cartoon (as she was recently on the show) and won was Robin Mattson gorgeous!

Tony (?) Cassadine/Mr Castle has shown up and is dating Lesley. It's fun to see the start of a family that was big when I started watching (around the time Nik came on).

• Love 3

Did you love the disco contest that was rigged for Robert to win (even though he is a terrible dancer)?   Hee!  

The night of Diana's murder and the disco contest lasted for quite a few episodes.   Poor Diana was lying dead on the floor for about a week of actual show time.  The gang at the disco had enough drinks during that time to kill a horse ... at some point, Laura just disappeared out of the disco scenes -- at first I wondered if her liver exploded, but I guess she just got annoyed and went home.    

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

I did love that! It's the kind of fun we don't see on the show anymore. I thought it was hilarious that Robert knew he was such a terrible dancer that the contest had to be rigged. It was fun to see them go hang out at his penthouse afterwards too- drunk and eating breakfast! And Joe Kelly got to hang out too. I love Joe Kelly!

I think Laura left because she got tired of Luke being such a jerk. Of course she's right back to trying to make out with him the next day so it doesn't last long. Oh Laura, you beautiful idiot.

Diana laying on the floor dead for so long kind of bothered me, especially once PJ woke up. As a parent of a 3 year old, I was really disturbed to think they might have him find her so I was glad they didn't go that route. I think in show time she was only on the floor dead for less than a day (I think she died around 9 or so and was found midmorning of the next day) but it was definitely a week in dhow time!

Does anyone know if they planned Heather to be the killer but then changed their mind? I know she didn't really do it, but they sure are making it seem like she did and I don't think the actual murderer makes sense (in that her reactions to the death, PJ, etc don't make sense if she's the murderer). Heathers reactions do make sense if she's the murderer. Plot point or storyline change?

I'm about to binge watch more!

• Love 3

Don't know for sure, but I kinda assumed they changed the Diana murder story at the end. You are right - it didn't exactly hang together at the end!

I was relieved when little PJ made his way to the basement laundry room in the apartment building (and started making a mess). Because then it seemed like he hadn't seen his mom's dead body.

• Love 1

SlovakPrincess, I felt relieved when he went down to the basement too. The kid plating Steven Lars is hilarious- they're all trying to hug him and he's like "owie!"

That's what I wondered, Harmony. It makes more sense that way than if they intended Heather to be a red herring. Why would she be shredding gloves Amy bought her if she didn't kill Diana, etc. At the same time, I can't think of how much story they can really use her for once thus is wrapped up, but I guess Franco has to be conceived sometime *rolls eyes*

So Susan is now super tired but not running a fever or anything...gosh I wonder what it could be?! Seriously, I love Alan and Susan. Susan is fun and charming and they're sparkly together. It's funny because when I started watching as a child in the 90s, I love Alan and Monica together, but Monica is so sour and unlikable here that I'm absolutely rooting for Susan and Alan...which is so ridiculous because I know she dies. Why did they kill her off? Did the actress want off? Watching these two together really makes me see what a waste Jason is too. He should have been more like his mother and he would have been awesome. Instead we got Jason Morgan, the holy hitman. Ugh, it's such a waste!

Jeff Webber is making plans to leave for Nevada. I'm sad to see him go! Was this when he got MacGyver? I do love how he's all "oh Anne, I love you more than anyone and always will" and literally within the same episode he's like "I'm moving in two days with my son. See ya!"

Apparently this show has a long history of making any character who leaves into a deadbeat parent. I'm supposed to believe that Jeff, who I have watched act as father to Jeremy and fight to find and then protect Steven Lars never speaks to his daughter after he drops her off with Audrey? Really? Not buying it. I don't remember when Steven Lars was on as an adult if he mentioned being close to him or not.

Ice Princess is moving along. Luke has found the airhead who has the statue so I assume he'll get it soon.

Alex's fashion is on point and amazing. I do wish RoHo had been brought back as some long lost son of hers (with or without the Cassadine father) because I think he would have owned that and been an awesomely bitchy Quartermaine like she was. I'm gonna miss her when she's gone.

• Love 1

The Steven Lars / PJ kid cracks me up.  Did you see the scene where he bites Jeff's arm right in the middle of the scene, and Richard Dean Anderson has to ad lib as he pulls the kid's mouth off of him?   

I read somewhere the Susan actress wanted to leave and was happy about the big dramatic ending for her character.   Also, that the kid who played baby Jason was actually her real life baby ... and kept on with the role for a while even after Susan was gone.   That kid is freaking adorable.  (What a shame adult Jason turned out to be a thug!)

We're supposed to believe Heather blacked out during Diana's killing, came to and believed she had actually carried out her plan of murder, and then used Diana's blood to start writing "Anne" on the floor.   Heather's a lunatic, so I suppose anything's possible.  Of course, back then she was dangerously conniving, not an outright cartoon (like nowadays).   

But back to Ice Princess ... yes, Emma Lutz!  Ha, she was such a ditz, but the actress did a great job with the role.  

Edited by SlovakPrincess

YES! I loved that he was talking about getting a puppy or something and then was like "well I will if you don't bite me!" I also loved when they were all talking about how worried they were about him and he's making motorcycle noises or something, not even pretending to act sad.

Well, I'm glad she left on her terms and was happy with the ending. I've heard her murder mystery is a really well done story so I'm excited to get to it, even though I will miss her.

I guess that explanation makes some sense. At least they tried to close the plot holes, even if it is a bit sloppy. It's a shame they've turned Heather into such a cartoon in recent years. Is she dead? I can't remember if Franco actually killed her to protect Carly or if he just thought he did.

Emma Lutz is a great character!

There's a great scene with Emma Lutz coming up where Luke takes her to dinner at the Versailles Room, and Robert is there at a nearby table with Laura.    Emma is ... being herself (loudly), and Robert sort of guesses that there's a reason Luke is forcing himself to go on this ridiculous date.   And Robert just laughs and laughs at Luke ...  

I do remember that PJ scene - is it in Lesley's kitchen?

Adults: "Oh, poor PJ, he's so sad and misses his mother ..."

PJ:  "VROOOOMMM, RRRRRRR!!!"

That kid did not give a crap about acting ... but at least he was enjoying himself.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 2

I keep wondering if that kid is one of the producer's children and they don't have to pay him to be there- he could not care less about how he's supposed to be acting. But he gets toys and cookies so he's happy!

I think that scene in the Versailles should be coming up soon for me!

ETA: just now in what I was watching Laura says "I could never let anyone take my child away from me!" Yeah Laura, until you ABANDON NIKOLAS WITH THE CASSADINES.

That scene at the Versailles Room was great, SlovakPrincess! I love Robert so much.

Edited by Jenniferbug
  • Love 1

I'm actually up to the part of '83 where Laura returns. And while I can actually buy that a terrified and PTSD-suffering Laura might feel she had to leave baby Nik behind to escape (or might even block him out of her mind, given the awful circumstances of his birth) ... there is no way Stavros could resist taunting Luke and Laura about her being mom to a Cassidine, or trying to use the baby to coerce her into returning to the island. And when he confronts them, he of course does not mention a baby. So, as a retcon, Nik doesn't work for me now that I'm watching her return!

Anyway, the story is creepy and Stavros is a disgusting molester who should be beaten with a bag of hammers. But I do like everyone's reactions to Laura ... especially Tiff, who walks into a room talking a mile a minute and barely notices at first: "Hi Laura, hi Rick, hi Lesley--- Laura?!!!"

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

I'm not sure I've ever seen her return. I didn't start watching until around the time Nik came to Port Charles. Wait that can't be right because I remember BJ dying and Maxie getting her heart. But one of the earliest stories I remember is when Nik appears. I'll have to see how I feel when I watch it. I don't blame Laura for doing anything she can to get away from Stavros and that horrible family, and yet I can't imagine leaving a baby behind to grow up in that nightmare. But you're right, Nik's existence is a retcon so I guess I shouldn't spend too much brain power on it!

Noah Drake has appeared! :-)