Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Hell

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

I could never get into Bishop Heahmund's relationship with Lagertha, because there was so little context to it.  You never saw an actual relationship develop, just them making eyes at each other and professing their love, interspersed with making "the beast with two backs".  It felt so contrived, just bad soap opera.  It was the same thing with Bjorn and the daughter of that ally in the war against Ivar and Harald.  He looks at her from across a room, dumps his wife, asks her father to marry her, and they have some kinky bondage sex.  Not a single scene of them having a conversation.  I can count on my hand the number of words they actually spoke to each other.  But when she died on the battlefield, Bjorn was crushed?  Why, because he missed being tied up?  This show does a poor job with relationships sometimes, just railroads it through to move the plot along.

Edited by Dobian