Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Final Destin-ation

• Start Topic

On ‎12‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 5:06 PM, kassa said:

One of my favorite housewives moments of all time was when Taylor on RHBH threw an ungodly expensive birthday party for her very young daughter. And all the other (actually rich) women guests were like "get a cake and call it a day - she's two!"

Shamari's party was different because for all she talked up "no expenses spared!" and made me brace myself for a Phaedra-like production, it basically came off ( in my memory, anyway) as a pretty laid back family bbq/birthday party, with guests sitting on benches. And enjoying themselves!

And then had a full on photo shoot of HERSELF laying across the table dressed in that stupid Mad Hatter get up.   That was the best!

• Love 2
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

The lead singer, is she the one who died?  She was part of the Bring It On cast, too, right?

Is Shemari the girl on the right?  She looks different to me.

I actually think Shemari is pretty.  She needs to think better on her feet, though.  I was thinking up a million combacks for her during the fight at dinner.

That's right!  Why is she back??

And I agree with ^^^^^THIS!!!!!!

She claims to be an authority on ettiquette??  Wow.  Does she know the first rule of wealth is you NEVER talk about money or labels?  No one told her this.  

Does she have arrests in her past?  I am not surprised.  Off to google her!

I agree.  New Edition is a legend for sure, and BBDV was all over MTV in the 90s, which I believe makes them a cross-over success.  If you played the hits, everyone knows the words - that to me is legendary.

That girl is Poooiiiiiissssoooooooon!    And I'm a middle aged white lady that drives a minivan.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, lezlers said:

That girl is Poooiiiiiissssoooooooon!    And I'm a middle aged white lady that drives a minivan.

“Never trust a big butt and a smile” is on my letterhead.

...Not really, but it should be!

• Love 8
16 hours ago, link417 said:

Never trust a big butt and a smile” is on my letterhead.

This song made high school hell for me hahahahah .. 

I tried to switch it up with extensions in my hair, bamboo earrings (at least 2 pair) a Fendi bag and a bad attitude but alas I was still "poison" 

• Love 9
On 12/26/2018 at 11:32 PM, Boofish said:

I don't trust any retailer that dont want their own shit back. 

LMAO!!   And not a size chart in sight.  

Clicked on each tab.  The closest I could get to what she's selling is fleece cargo pants with elastic waistbands.  I did particularly enjoy this though:  

Through the vision and direction of Shereé, SBS is expanding to be a powerhouse of fashion and home decor that will serve men, women, and children by 2022.

1 hour ago, Boofish said:

I tried to switch it up with extensions in my hair, bamboo earrings (at least 2 pair) a Fendi bag and a bad attitude but alas I was still "poison" 

I found that standing at the bus stop sucking on a lollipop will get you offers to have your boots licked.   Consequences and repercussions.

• Love 6

To me the level below "legend" is superstar.  And time makes the distinction, as generations who weren't around for the original hits embrace them AND know the individual artist within a few bars. I think New Edition might be a legendary R+B group, but individual members not so much. 

Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Marvin Gaye, Prince, Whitney... you play non hits for the general public decades after their peak and they'll still know who's singing. Not sure Ronnie has that level of individual  recognition.

• Love 8

If you're from a legendary group, then you're a legend.   Ronnie is in two groups that have sold millions and have had pop hits.  While some may consider Shamari's comments about Ronnie obnoxious, they are not inaccurate.  Let's be real, the New Edition association is the reason Shamari was cast.

• Love 4
On 12/25/2018 at 3:31 PM, ridethemaverick said:

Hmmm, I do think New Edition is a legendary group which makes Ronnie legendary by extension. But I agree that she goes overboard when she says it five times per episode. That first time during her first episode was enough. 

Not to nitpick, but I don't think mainstream or crossover success is any indication of anything for R&B artists other than more money (yay!) and white acceptance (meh). I can think of quite a few R&B groups or artists that never crossed over who are beloved and legendary to the AA community. 

Thank you.  Minnie Riperton, Teena Marie, Regina Belle are a few examples of artist that had little crossover appeal, but are legends to the AA community. I would put New Edition in that category. 

I take it I’m one of very few people that actually owned a Blaque album. The group had potential, but were squeezed out by similar, more popular groups, like 702 and 3LW. 

This was the first episode of RHOA that I have watched this season so I don’t have much to say about Shamari or Tanya. I can say, I see that Nene is still an asshole. 

• Love 2