Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E08: Final Destin-ation

• Start Topic

In Destin, Fla., Shamari accepts fashion tips from Marlo; during rainy weather, the ladies put their talents on display in their quest for a crown; the group begins to suspect there is more to Porsha's alcohol cleanse than she's letting on.

I was just about to say how much I enjoyed this episode because they were being silly and having fun with each other.....and then drama started at dinner.  I should have known better.

Shamari really likes to sit on things and let them stew, huh?  She really just should have let it go.  And then she had the nerve to say, "so we're just gonna go back and forth like we're in high school?"  Bitch, you started it!  With your all your "bitches"!  Marlo was fairly restrained on tonight's episode, but she had me dying when she told Shamari that any of the ladies at the table could help to look better than she does.  Ha!

Isn't Tanya Nene's friend?  Nene clearly doesn't like her.  She's been throwing digs at Tanya since her first episode.  And what was her deal with the glasses.  $125 is cheap for decent sunglasses.  I think Kandi pegged it when she said Nene seemed a bit jealous.  No one was questioning Nene's fashion, then all of a sudden she knows fashion and owns a store and is an entrepreneur.  Ok girl. 

And who told her that all those faces she makes are funny???  Of course she won the hosting the competition; she didn't allow Portia to talk.

I really liked Marlo's coat, shoes, and glasses during the competition.  The overall look though, eh.  I probably would have liked it better if the shorts were skinny pants or tights.  And lol at her squeezing into that top!

I thought both Cynthia and Eva did a great job and looked amazing.  I also liked both Kandi's and Shamari's performances.

• Love 11

Good god these women are all in there 40s/50s fighting over who the fashion label one is? This is truly stupid and first world problems lol Marlo you fuck men for money to pay for a lot of those tacky ass labels you wear keep your mouth shut for real to think you can say whatever you want to anyone at anytime and its fine but someone says something to her and she puffs up? and NENE love you girl but fashion plate isn’t the first word hell isnt even the first 5 words I think of when I hear the name NeNe lol

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 9

I don’t understand why the women shade Marlo for sleeping with men for money, many women marry wealthy men, yet no one shades them.

I think both Cynthia and Eva looked amazing, but I would have voted for Eva because Cynthia, sunglasses inside?  Nope.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I don’t understand why the women shade Marlo for sleeping with men for money, many women marry wealthy men, yet no one shades them.

its the fact that she tears other women down so quickly and will go below the belt with her insults at the jump acting as if her shit dont stink and she came by her money not on her back or knees. She portrays herself as above all the other women like they should kiss her ass as she goes in on how they live their life, spend their money, wearing the clothes they wear, who they date or fuck, etc etc .. I have no problem with you making the money anyway you chose but just dont act better then everyone else and act like you are above people when you got to where you are being below or under people ....plus she hides the fact that she fucks for money every time she is asked how she meets any men she changes the subject if thats how you get your money be proud dont skirt the issue if you are embarrassed to say I have sex with men who give me money then dont have sex with men who give you money lol

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 19

I think all these women have drinking problems.  Most people could care less if someone is or isn’t drinking. 

And Miss Shamari or however she spells her name, only reason she’s anything is because she’s light.  There, I said it, the elephant in the room.  And I say that because I’m light too.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 5

I really enjoyed this episode. Cynthia killed in the walk off. Sunglasses or not. I have no clue who Shamari is and what her claim to fame is. She was in a group that I never heard of and I like to think I’m pretty up on all things music, her time was my time. So it’s weird. I suppose I could google her, but really don’t care enough. 

Is Marla really 42?  Are those dog years?  I already thought she looked good for Over 50.  42?  She looks like shit for 42. My mother always told me that after 50, to lie up on your age. Lol. Just a couple years. 

Ms Burress has some pipes on her. I voted for her. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, TV Diva Queen said:

. I have no clue who Shamari is and what her claim to fame is. She was in a group that I never heard of and I like to think I’m pretty up on all things music, her time was my time. So it’s weird. I suppose I could google her, but really don’t care enough. 

she was in the girl group Blaque that left eye from TLC signed they were basically a younger version of TLC I think they had like 2 hits off their first album (808 peaked at #8 and Bring It All To Me peaked at #5 and were on the soundtrack for Bring It on ....here's the single from Bring It On....... after that they kinda just fell off the charts they had 2 other albums but they didn't chart I dont think then one of their member's died

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 3
46 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I really enjoyed this episode. Cynthia killed in the walk off. Sunglasses or not.

Agreed. Cynthia served up professional model. I think everyone who won the competition deserved their win. Wearing labels does not make you a fashion maven, Marlo. That goes for you too, NeNe. Tanya didn't say anything negative about NeNe's business, so for NeNe to come at her like that was uncalled for. The only one there who I think pulls off mixing high/low items is Cynthia.

The whole fashion argument? I can't. Too much hit dog hollering going on. And one of my wishes for 2019 is for NeNe to stop with the facial expressions.

I though Shamari had a nice voice. Kandi caterwauls too much for me.

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

she was in the girl group Blaque that left eye from TLC signed they were basically a younger version of TLC I think they had like 2 hits off their first album (808 peaked at #8 and Bring It All To Me peaked at #5 and were on the soundtrack for Bring It on ....here's the single from Bring It On....... after that they kinda just fell off the charts they had 2 other albums but they didn't chart I dont think then one of their member's died

Thank you!  I still don’t know them or this song.  But I honestly thank you for your detailed response. :). 

• Love 4

I felt like Nene was having a good season until tonight. I’ve enjoyed her mostly friendly interactions with the ladies and truly acting like an HBIC for once. The scenes with Greg have also been touching...then she came for Tanya and I got shades of old school jealous Nene. That girl didn’t shade her boutique. She was saying that it doesn’t need to be a high end label to be fashionable. Didn’t Nene say she was her biggest customer?! You could tell she didn’t like the attention she was getting and since Marlo is her close friend and likely her stylist she didn’t like Tanya winning the fashion battle. Nene is petty and Tanya shined too bright. 

I also give Marlo props because I thought she handled herself well and was fun this episode. I do think she was genuinely trying to help Shamari. On any of these shows, even Beverly Hills, the women make adjustments to their looks once they see themselves on cameras. Marlo was just trying to help the girl. She’s gorgeous as they’ve all said but her clothes look like they came from Citi Trends and her wigs are cheap. I say this as a drag queen who knows she can afford better wigs than that. It don’t even have an invisible part of lace. She’s also going at Marlo because she’s an easy target but she knows everybody thinks she looks tired. 

• Love 13
52 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Thank you!  I still don’t know them or this song.  But I honestly thank you for your detailed response. :). 

I honesty didn't know who she was until she said the group name I used to be Obsessed with Bring it on thats the only reason i had any idea who it was

I really enjoyed this episode. And I agree that everybody deserved their win.

My favorite shady quotes:

Eva to Marlo after losing the runway challenge: Marlo you know exactly how this feels since you just lost

Kandi: Marlo is always giving advice nobody asked for

Shamari: all Dennis needed was a top hat and a four leaf clover

Porsha: well I love a good brow but your husband doesn't have any

LMAO

Also, I learned that legends don't need eyebrows. Thanks Shamari!

• Love 18
32 minutes ago, ridethemaverick said:

I really enjoyed this episode. And I agree that everybody deserved their win.

My favorite shady quotes:

Eva to Marlo after losing the runway challenge: Marlo you know exactly how this feels since you just lost

Kandi: Marlo is always giving advice nobody asked for

Shamari: all Dennis needed was a top hat and a four leaf clover

Porsha: well I love a good brow but your husband doesn't have any

LMAO

Also, I learned that legends don't need eyebrows. Thanks Shamari!

Those all had me howling!

• Love 2

I was almost sure the game would have turned out catty AF but it wasn't bad. They all seemed to have fun.

Shamari is gonna be really tiresome this season if she's gonna be sitting and stewing on shit and then randomly bringing it up pass the window for discussion. Also, she started the high school shit and then tried to shame Marlo for her rebuttals. Marlo is ghetto and I think if you piss her off enough, even Marlo will drop the facade and say as much about herself. Shamari is only coming for Marlo now because she felt some kind of way when the ladies called her out for going along with Marlo if she didn't really want to do it. I think Shamari felt it made her look weak and now she's trying to fix the situation by going hard after Marlo as if she's not someone to play with it. If you were that hard you wouldn't have worn Marlo's outfit to begin with and wouldn't feel so slighted by the fact that the others don't like your fashion.

Nene is such a bitter old hag. How fucking petty are you to get so upset about Tanya being complimented for her style? Tanya played up the role for the sake of the competition but she hasn't come across to me as someone who has been bragging about her wealth, her style or the company she keeps. In fact, Nene ignorantly tried to call Tanya out for pushing this fashionista label when Tanya's point at the table was that the fashionista label was what others put on her and that she doesn't go around calling herself that and that while she loves fashion, she isn't all about the labels - she likes to mix and match her clothes to suit her style. If others like her style, why the hell is that her fault, Nene? Fuck off you with your stupid self. You're too damn old to act like a shitty jealous brat. She had everyone at the table confused and Tanya seemed annoyed but also seemed to know better not to engage with stupid.

Porsha did enough calling out Shamari but she still didn't see the irony in taking personal insult to the same kind of negative opinions she's doling out to other people. And Porsha's right...where the fuck your man's eyebrows at?

• Love 7

I was surprised at Shamari's voice. More there than I expected. Kandi... has more confidence than warranted in those high notes. Take it down an octave, Kandi - just because you can hit the note doesn't mean you should (at least if you want to stay in tune).

I seriously don't get the Marlo/ "fashion" association. I'm a middle aged woman who wears black slacks with alternating tops as my signature "look" but there's nothing about her that screams "fashion" to me no matter how she works a label into conversation (or wears it outright on items head to toe.) She's better dressed than Shamari, but that's not saying a whole lot.

Most of them could use the Tyra Banks tutorial that she used to do in the judging line back in the day about what constitutes too much - "take off that necklace, take off that belt" etc etc.

Marlo got dumped her first season for using a gay slur so I'm not sure why she's back now. 

Obviously the new ladies got the "fight for your peach" pep talk before that dinner. New lady that I don't even remember from previous episodes (that NeNe got so mad at) decided to take the high road and got blasted for bragging about being fashionable seconds after literally declaring that she wasn't sure how she got tagged as that when it's not the way she sees herself. Her head was spinning.

• Love 6

I’m no fashionista but I don’t think Marlo’s outfits are that great. I never understand why everyone associates her with fashion.

Im oddly liking Porsha this season.

NeNe needs to stop with the faces it makes her look like a moron.

Edited by Marley
  • Love 9

Shamari throws around words like “huge success” and “legend” much too liberally.  Michael Jackson is a legend. Marvin Gaye is a legend. James Brown is a legend.  One of the guys from Bel Biv DeVoe is just one of the guys from Bel Biv  DeVoe.  Big fans of BBD might have known before this show that her man was the one with no eyebrows, but he’s certainly never been a household name.

Just like she was in a group that had a couple of hits in their genre...that qualifies her as mildly successful but generally unknown, decades ago.  Her group never made it to mainstream or crossover status, so even though there were similarities to TLC, the levels of relative success are worlds apart, and she needs to stop trying to convince people that she and her browless man are so famous, and the next Beyoncé and Jay Z. It’s embarassing.

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 23
1 hour ago, Irritable said:

Shamari throws around words like “huge success” and “legend” much too liberally.  Michael Jackson is a legend. Marvin Gaye is a legend. James Brown is a legend.  One of the guys from Bel Biv DeVoe is just one of the guys from Bel Biv  DeVoe.  Big fans of BBD might have known before this show that her man was the one with no eyebrows, but he’s certainly never been a household name.

Just like she was in a group that had a couple of hits in their genre...that qualifies her as mildly successful but generally unknown, decades ago.  Her group never made it to mainstream or crossover status, so even though there were similarities to TLC, the levels of relative success are worlds apart, and she needs to stop trying to convince people that she and her browless man are so famous, and the next Beyoncé and Jay Z. It’s embarassing.

Hmmm, I do think New Edition is a legendary group which makes Ronnie legendary by extension. But I agree that she goes overboard when she says it five times per episode. That first time during her first episode was enough. 

Not to nitpick, but I don't think mainstream or crossover success is any indication of anything for R&B artists other than more money (yay!) and white acceptance (meh). I can think of quite a few R&B groups or artists that never crossed over who are beloved and legendary to the AA community. 

Edited by ridethemaverick
  • Love 13

I keep forgetting he was even in New Edition, and they were big in their moment, but to me, legendary is someone who is so successful that their career spans decades at the same level of fame and prosperity, and whose songs are considered classics that will get radio play all over for a lifetime or more.  

There are a lot of artists/bands/groups who enjoyed great success in the ‘90s but are not considered legends today.  Even in different genres, bands like Toad the Wet Sprocket and Lifehouse were HUGE, and now they play nightclubs, amusement parks and fairs.  There’s no shame in it, they had their time in the big spotlight and now they are only playing to small audiences of true fans.  No reason why she and No Brows shouldn’t be happy enough to understand they are formerly successful artists, and not at the top of today’s Hot List of Ones to Watch. 

I think they expected this show to give them the kind of exposure that will refresh and  propel their careers anew once viewers are reminded of their existence, but maybe they should talk to Kim Fields about that. Or Erika Jayne, who is known internationally within her target demographic but is still funding a lot of her expenses as an artist with her husband’s money. Kenya Moore thought she was going to star in her own sitcom, but nope.  Melissa Gorga thought she was going to be a hit singer, as did Kim Zolciak. Heather Dubrow thought her acting would take off.  How many RH daughters have decided to become models but found out they weren’t going to be models?  Granted, some of these people have no talent, and I know Shamari and husband (I truly can never remember his name) do, but it takes more than talent and arrogance to be a true legend.

The Real Housewives does not shoot has-beens and never-weres back up into the sky like fresh fireworks. The only people under the impression that they will be the exceptions are the ones who never had a legendary status to begin with. Shamari and No Brows would be a lot easier to watch if they didn’t take themselves so seriously.

Things like, “My 1 year old King Royalty Toddlers DESERVE their own thousand dollar cakes!” and all the other crap like that she spouts, comes from an ego that outsizes reality.  I was hoping she would only be like this at the beginning, but clearly she really does hold herself and her family in the highest possible regard, all of them VIP status, including the magical anointed babies that came from her Very Important Womb.  Just act like normal people, because that’s all you are. And don’t bring those sweet boys up believing they are to be treated like National Treasures simply because they exist and breathe in the rarified air of the home of their legendary parents.

I did think Shamari sounded better singing than Kandi, but I wouldn’t want to tell her that because she’s so damn cocky.  

I missed either one or two of the last  seasons of RHoA, because I didn’t want to see even one minute of that fucking Kim Zolciak monster when she came back - another arrogant, self-proclaimed superstar.  Somewhere in the episodes I missed it must have been explained why Marlo goes on all the trips and is at all the events, but she’s not one of the Housewives.  I’m not complaining, she’s interesting enough to watch, but for a Friend of Housewives, she’s around a LOT.

NeNe did her Fire Marshall Bill chattering teeth laugh a few too many times.  She won the host competition because she chewed up all the scenery before Porsha had a chance to take a bite. I do agree that NeNe got an extra point for putting on actual clothes instead of showing up in her pajamas and slippers.

No way could I have taken one sip of that flat soda-apple juice concoction Porsha made. My god, that was disgusting. 

Edited by Irritable
  • Love 13
3 hours ago, Irritable said:

Things like, “My 1 year old King Royalty Toddlers DESERVE their own thousand dollar cakes!” and all the other crap like that she spouts, comes from an ego that outsizes reality. 

One of my favorite housewives moments of all time was when Taylor on RHBH threw an ungodly expensive birthday party for her very young daughter. And all the other (actually rich) women guests were like "get a cake and call it a day - she's two!"

Shamari's party was different because for all she talked up "no expenses spared!" and made me brace myself for a Phaedra-like production, it basically came off ( in my memory, anyway) as a pretty laid back family bbq/birthday party, with guests sitting on benches. And enjoying themselves!

• Love 5

NeNe needs to stop with the faces it makes her look like a moron.

Yes, WTF is up with her doing that?  It is weird, odd, ugly and disturbing and she is doing it more and more often.  Also she is a mean drunk.. She was drunk when she went off on Tanya out of nowhere.

• Love 8
On 12/24/2018 at 9:22 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

its the fact that she tears other women down so quickly and will go below the belt with her insults at the jump acting as if her shit dont stink and she came by her money not on her back or knees. She portrays herself as above all the other women like they should kiss her ass as she goes in on how they live their life, spend their money, wearing the clothes they wear, who they date or fuck, etc etc .. I have no problem with you making the money anyway you chose but just dont act better then everyone else and act like you are above people when you got to where you are being below or under people ....plus she hides the fact that she fucks for money every time she is asked how she meets any men she changes the subject if thats how you get your money be proud dont skirt the issue if you are embarrassed to say I have sex with men who give me money then dont have sex with men who give you money lol

^^^^THIS!!!!!

The women shade Marlo because she acts as if they are stupid, uncultured, and backwards because they have regular(ish) careers. It's also her constant harping on their manners and "the right way" to do things as if she was from the manor born rather than some round the way girl that has become (relatively) wealthy being eye-candy for old white guys. None of these ladies were born into Skull and Bones or Junior League families, but damn if Marlo isn't judging them on the size of their doormats, the number of courses they serve at brunch, and the perceived quality of the labels they put on their bodies as if she spent her formative years in cotillions and etiquette classes rather than as a 'round-the-way girl. She splits infinitives and butchers the king's english on a regular, and tries to paint her criminal past as youthful indiscretions. Every knows who she is and more importantly who she WAS, and they don't have the time or the patience for getting lectured by a low-rent Pretty Woman caricature.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Rlb8031 said:

^^^^THIS!!!!!

The women shade Marlo because she acts as if they are stupid, uncultured, and backwards because they have regular(ish) careers. It's also her constant harping on their manners and "the right way" to do things as if she was from the manor born rather than some round the way girl that has become (relatively) wealthy being eye-candy for old white guys. None of these ladies were born into Skull and Bones or Junior League families, but damn if Marlo isn't judging them on the size of their doormats, the number of courses they serve at brunch, and the perceived quality of the labels they put on their bodies as if she spent her formative years in cotillions and etiquette classes rather than as a 'round-the-way girl. She splits infinitives and butchers the king's english on a regular, and tries to paint her criminal past as youthful indiscretions. Every knows who she is and more importantly who she WAS, and they don't have the time or the patience for getting lectured by a low-rent Pretty Woman caricature.

This is also the same etiquette expert who served tea in consomme` cups. 

• Love 5
On 12/24/2018 at 7:43 PM, RHJunkie said:

I was almost sure the game would have turned out catty AF but it wasn't bad. They all seemed to have fun.

Shamari is gonna be really tiresome this season if she's gonna be sitting and stewing on shit and then randomly bringing it up pass the window for discussion. Also, she started the high school shit and then tried to shame Marlo for her rebuttals. Marlo is ghetto and I think if you piss her off enough, even Marlo will drop the facade and say as much about herself. Shamari is only coming for Marlo now because she felt some kind of way when the ladies called her out for going along with Marlo if she didn't really want to do it. I think Shamari felt it made her look weak and now she's trying to fix the situation by going hard after Marlo as if she's not someone to play with it. If you were that hard you wouldn't have worn Marlo's outfit to begin with and wouldn't feel so slighted by the fact that the others don't like your fashion.

Nene is such a bitter old hag. How fucking petty are you to get so upset about Tanya being complimented for her style? Tanya played up the role for the sake of the competition but she hasn't come across to me as someone who has been bragging about her wealth, her style or the company she keeps. In fact, Nene ignorantly tried to call Tanya out for pushing this fashionista label when Tanya's point at the table was that the fashionista label was what others put on her and that she doesn't go around calling herself that and that while she loves fashion, she isn't all about the labels - she likes to mix and match her clothes to suit her style. If others like her style, why the hell is that her fault, Nene? Fuck off you with your stupid self. You're too damn old to act like a shitty jealous brat. She had everyone at the table confused and Tanya seemed annoyed but also seemed to know better not to engage with stupid.

Porsha did enough calling out Shamari but she still didn't see the irony in taking personal insult to the same kind of negative opinions she's doling out to other people. And Porsha's right...where the fuck your man's eyebrows at?

Lol!!! Has anybody mentioned what zodiac sign she is?  If I were a betting woman, my guess would be Cancer.  Baby when I say we are a pain in the most sensitive part of your ass about our feelings?  Nobody and I mean nobody is getting out of a room alive until a Cancer has fine tooth-combed each and every iota of their hurt lol!!! 

giphy.gif

19 hours ago, Irritable said:

I can see how you got there because she does throw it around very liberally.  Legends in the customary sense are artists who transcend.  But I think she means it the way maverick described.  Urban Legends.  They may never crossover, but they're hugely successful/unforgettable with their base.   Ironically the boy bands that were formed as a mainstream answer to New Edition, NKOTB, Back Street Boys, are household names because they were created to appeal to a much wider base.   But I digress... 

18 hours ago, Irritable said:

I keep forgetting he was even in New Edition, and they were big in their moment, but to me, legendary is someone who is so successful that their career spans decades at the same level of fame and prosperity, and whose songs are considered classics that will get radio play all over for a lifetime or more.  

There are a lot of artists/bands/groups who enjoyed great success in the ‘90s but are not considered legends today.  Even in different genres, bands like Toad the Wet Sprocket and Lifehouse were HUGE, and now they play nightclubs, amusement parks and fairs.  There’s no shame in it, they had their time in the big spotlight and now they are only playing to small audiences of true fans.  No reason why she and No Brows shouldn’t be happy enough to understand they are formerly successful artists, and not at the top of today’s Hot List of Ones to Watch. 

Maybe the word she should've used was popular but by your definition, the math still checks out :)  because what (I think) she was trying to articulate was that considering how small a demographic R&B is, there are artists who've reached this level of success, categorically and in his respective musical groups, Ronnie is one of them.   I think the litmus would be an ability to sell out a tour for music that hasn't been on the radio in 25 years.   Martha Wash, Sylvester, Eldra Debarge, Frankie Beverly and Jimmy Buffett - categorical legends.  I don't know if any of them has ever broken the top 20 on Billboard but if 4 outta 5 of these people announced a 10 city tour date today, that thing would be shut down in a few minutes.   Gurl Jimmy Buffett's on tour right now lol!!   

17 hours ago, Irritable said:

NeNe did her Fire Marshall Bill chattering teeth laugh a few too many times.  She won the host competition because she chewed up all the scenery before Porsha had a chance to take a bite. I do agree that NeNe got an extra point for putting on actual clothes instead of showing up in her pajamas and slippers. 

LOL!!!!  For the longest time I've been trying to figure out where I've seen it before.  

On 12/24/2018 at 12:10 PM, Sheenieb said:

Agreed. Cynthia served up professional model. I think everyone who won the competition deserved their win. Wearing labels does not make you a fashion maven, Marlo. That goes for you too, NeNe. Tanya didn't say anything negative about NeNe's business, so for NeNe to come at her like that was uncalled for. The only one there who I think pulls off mixing high/low items is Cynthia.

The whole fashion argument? I can't. Too much hit dog hollering going on. And one of my wishes for 2019 is for NeNe to stop with the facial expressions.

On Santa Claus, the Sweet Baby Jesus in the manger and Barack Hussein Obama, this is gonna stop in 2019.    Now if they'd had a twerk off that might've been something but she can keep every last one of them facekugels. 

Which one of em in their TH said Kandi's a songwriter?  LOL!!!   Chiiile.  Acapella isn't her friend. 

Nene's beef with Tanya seemed like it began before the fashion walk off.   They showed a clip of her shading her closet when they were all picking rooms and I was like tf?  That secret door shit made you big mad huh girl?  Lol.  The next blow was about Tanya referring to the glasses in the low part of hi-low.    The woman was giving us Dior and Chanel.   Tell me what I missed ya'll...is there a House of Swagg? 

source.gif

I knew she was finna hate when she said oh baby all you gone do is come out here in a white pantsuit, you gone have to do better than that.    Nene come on over here and sit on this JCPenney's bench with me bitch, you don't know shit about fashion.  That winter white in the middle of gottam summer suit looked like it was made of aubergine and lamb's breath and lined with baby halos annnnnd was so well made we couldn't tell she was fully clothed underneath.  Girl if you don't stop it.  Ain't nobody looking for the Szbornak Versatile Caftan Collection, sitchoass down somewhere lol!

When Eva did her thing, I said awww.  Lol.  Allat pop locking and hair flipping was cute.   Cynthia however, I was snapping at the tv talmbout yessssss mother, come through and let have.   No strutting, just glasses, gazelle, turn, gaze, pause, tur.....bish that pose at the end of her runway??  by the time she was on her way back I was 

giphy.gif

Marlo, fashion always comes in your size darling, it's couture.   But you as a 42 year old?  You should've won something for that shit.
tenor.gif?itemid=5841579

• Love 23
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:57 AM, luckyroll3 said:

I was just about to say how much I enjoyed this episode because they were being silly and having fun with each other.....and then drama started at dinner.  I should have known better.

Shamari really likes to sit on things and let them stew, huh?  She really just should have let it go.  And then she had the nerve to say, "so we're just gonna go back and forth like we're in high school?"  Bitch, you started it!  With your all your "bitches"!  Marlo was fairly restrained on tonight's episode, but she had me dying when she told Shamari that any of the ladies at the table could help to look better than she does.  Ha!

Isn't Tanya Nene's friend?  Nene clearly doesn't like her.  She's been throwing digs at Tanya since her first episode.  And what was her deal with the glasses.  $125 is cheap for decent sunglasses.  I think Kandi pegged it when she said Nene seemed a bit jealous.  No one was questioning Nene's fashion, then all of a sudden she knows fashion and owns a store and is an entrepreneur.  Ok girl. 

And who told her that all those faces she makes are funny???  Of course she won the hosting the competition; she didn't allow Portia to talk.

I really liked Marlo's coat, shoes, and glasses during the competition.  The overall look though, eh.  I probably would have liked it better if the shorts were skinny pants or tights.  And lol at her squeezing into that top!

I thought both Cynthia and Eva did a great job and looked amazing.  I also liked both Kandi's and Shamari's performances.

I can't stand  Nene's loud, obnoxious mouth . No those  faces aren't funny it makes her look stupid. Yes, she is jealous of anyone that gets any kind of shine. She think she owns that dam show.  I would have enjoyed the episode more if it weren't for her loud mouth. Tanya wasn't throwing shade at her store, but compared to the other labels that she was WEARING, those glasses were on the low end. I don't believe she was throwing shade at all, just stating a fact. She actually gave a shout out. Anyone that's more fashionable than Nene and Marlo, they are going to have a issue with .

Edited by byrd
  • Love 8

When Eva did her thing, I said awww.  Lol.  Allat pop locking and hair flipping was cute.   Cynthia however, I was snapping at the tv talmbout yessssss mother, come through and let have.   No strutting, just glasses, gazelle, turn, gaze, pause, tur.....bish that pose at the end of her runway??  by the time she was on her way back I was

image.png

Yep! Cynthia showed the difference between a professional and a reality-tv personality. As far as I was concerned, there was no competition between the two. I hope Eva took notes. I do miss when Cynthia used to slay the house down with her fashion (all of her getups when they went to South Africa years ago remain the gold standard). I would like a fashion tutorial from her. At least she's the actual expert in the building. 

I could understand if Tanya referred to NeNe's store shades as low quality/cheap, but compared to Chanel and Dior they are mid-range/low end. I love me some Kate Spade, and while I don't consider her bags to be cheap, compared to YSL, Prada, etc, Kate Spade bags are a steal. The average working woman could more swing a KS bag than YSL. It's called affordable luxury for a reason. 

Edited by Sheenieb
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

^^^^THIS!!!!!

What you said !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Lol!!! Has anybody mentioned what zodiac sign she is?  If I were a betting woman, my guess would be Cancer.  Baby when I say we are a pain in the most sensitive part of your ass about our feelings?  Nobody and I mean nobody is getting out of a room alive until a Cancer has fine tooth-combed each and every iota of their hurt lol!!! 

giphy.gif

I can see how you got there because she does throw it around very liberally.  Legends in the customary sense are artists who transcend.  But I think she means it the way maverick described.  Urban Legends.  They may never crossover, but they're hugely successful/unforgettable with their base.   Ironically the boy bands that were formed as a mainstream answer to New Edition, NKOTB, Back Street Boys, are household names because they were created to appeal to a much wider base.   But I digress... 

Maybe the word she should've used was popular but by your definition, the math still checks out :)  because what (I think) she was trying to articulate was that considering how small a demographic R&B is, there are artists who've reached this level of success, categorically and in his respective musical groups, Ronnie is one of them.   I think the litmus would be an ability to sell out a tour for music that hasn't been on the radio in 25 years.   Martha Wash, Sylvester, Eldra Debarge, Frankie Beverly and Jimmy Buffett - categorical legends.  I don't know if any of them has ever broken the top 20 on Billboard but if 4 outta 5 of these people announced a 10 city tour date today, that thing would be shut down in a few minutes.   Gurl Jimmy Buffett's on tour right now lol!!   

LOL!!!!  For the longest time I've been trying to figure out where I've seen it before.  

On Santa Claus, the Sweet Baby Jesus in the manger and Barack Hussein Obama, this is gonna stop in 2019.    Now if they'd had a twerk off that might've been something but she can keep every last one of them facekugels. 

Which one of em in their TH said Kandi's a songwriter?  LOL!!!   Chiiile.  Acapella isn't her friend. 

Nene's beef with Tanya seemed like it began before the fashion walk off.   They showed a clip of her shading her closet when they were all picking rooms and I was like tf?  That secret door shit made you big mad huh girl?  Lol.  The next blow was about Tanya referring to the glasses in the low part of hi-low.    The woman was giving us Dior and Chanel.   Tell me what I missed ya'll...is there a House of Swagg? 

source.gif

I knew she was finna hate when she said oh baby all you gone do is come out here in a white pantsuit, you gone have to do better than that.    Nene come on over here and sit on this JCPenney's bench with me bitch, you don't know shit about fashion.  That winter white in the middle of gottam summer suit looked like it was made of aubergine and lamb's breath and lined with baby halos annnnnd was so well made we couldn't tell she was fully clothed underneath.  Girl if you don't stop it.  Ain't nobody looking for the Szbornak Versatile Caftan Collection, sitchoass down somewhere lol!

giphy.gif

Marlo, fashion always comes in your size darling, it's couture.   But you as a 42 year old?  You should've won something for that shit.
tenor.gif?itemid=5841579

I'm not knocking Nene's successes but her head has become so big and her mouth even louder. The loudest one in the room always has the lowest self-esteem. 

• Love 4

I surprisingly like Porshe this season. Not a fan of Shamari and the hubs with no brows, but her twins are just adorable. For him being a "legend " as she said, their house seems quite modest. I do think Nene's fashion is a bit better than it has been, but I would love to be that kid who throws a rock thru the window & hit her in the back of the head so she would keep that face for

image.png.c346c1337035a87014d537c30230a5ae.png eternity.  Not a fan of Kandi's singing voice. To me it always sounds the same - like you would have a hard time telling one song apart from another.  

• Love 10
14 minutes ago, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

I surprisingly like Porshe this season. Not a fan of Shamari and the hubs with no brows, but her twins are just adorable. For him being a "legend " as she said, their house seems quite modest. I do think Nene's fashion is a bit better than it has been, but I would love to be that kid who throws a rock thru the window & hit her in the back of the head so she would keep that face for

image.png.c346c1337035a87014d537c30230a5ae.png eternity.  Not a fan of Kandi's singing voice. To me it always sounds the same - like you would have a hard time telling one song apart from another.  

Lol !!!!!!!!!!!!! love it !

• Love 1
47 minutes ago, smores said:

Re: Nene and the high/low fashion comment, I'm just going to leave this here:

http://tamaratattles.com/2018/07/14/blind-item-i-need-to-pop-off-about-the-pop-up/

Marlo needs to learn that just because it has a label, it doesn't mean it's fashion or a good look.   

The best thing about that article is that someone in the comments mentioned that Sheree is now selling rugs!?!?!

giphy.gif

Do we need to send her a skywriting message to sell what she knows/is good at: workouts and workout gear???  Good lord, Lady.....get a clue.  

• Love 8
11 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

LMAO I had to google after this...apparently she's a Pisces.

17 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Has anybody mentioned what zodiac sign she is?  If I were a betting woman, my guess would be Cancer.  Baby when I say we are a pain in the most sensitive part of your ass about our feelings?  Nobody and I mean nobody is getting out of a room alive until a Cancer has fine tooth-combed each and every iota of their hurt lol!!! 

How dare you tell the truth and nothing but the truth?!

Okay so doesn't anyone else remember that Ronnie was selling real estate right before New Edition/BBD started touring again? This doesn't negate their legendary status but Shamari needs to reign in the airs she's putting on.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Drumpf1737 said:

How dare you tell the truth and nothing but the truth?!

Okay so doesn't anyone else remember that Ronnie was selling real estate right before New Edition/BBD started touring again? This doesn't negate their legendary status but Shamari needs to reign in the airs she's putting on.

I don't like Shamari and Ronnie is not coming across very well either - however, I'm going to go ahead and allow the word "legend" when it comes to N.E./BBD. There was an entire movie (done very well I might add) on New Edition and their performances are still something to see ... there are so many other things to pick apart about Shamari but I'm going to go ahead and co-sign on that her husband is indeed an R&B legend.

Marlo aka Peanut Butter (thick, brown and spreads for bread) is trash.

Edited by Boofish
  • Love 10
On 12/24/2018 at 11:02 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

The lead singer, is she the one who died?  She was part of the Bring It On cast, too, right?

Is Shemari the girl on the right?  She looks different to me.

I actually think Shemari is pretty.  She needs to think better on her feet, though.  I was thinking up a million combacks for her during the fight at dinner.

On 12/24/2018 at 8:15 PM, kassa said:

Marlo got dumped her first season for using a gay slur so I'm not sure why she's back now. 

That's right!  Why is she back??

On 12/26/2018 at 8:09 AM, Rlb8031 said:

^^^^THIS!!!!!

And I agree with ^^^^^THIS!!!!!!

She claims to be an authority on ettiquette??  Wow.  Does she know the first rule of wealth is you NEVER talk about money or labels?  No one told her this.  

Does she have arrests in her past?  I am not surprised.  Off to google her!

42 minutes ago, Boofish said:

I don't like Shamari and Ronnie is not coming across very well either - however, I'm going to go ahead and allow the word "legend" when it comes to N.E./BBD. There was an entire movie (done very well I might add) on New Edition and their performances are still something to see ... there are so many other things to pick apart about Shamari but I'm going to go ahead and co-sign on that her husband is indeed an R&B legend.

I agree.  New Edition is a legend for sure, and BBDV was all over MTV in the 90s, which I believe makes them a cross-over success.  If you played the hits, everyone knows the words - that to me is legendary.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

The lead singer, is she the one who died?  She was part of the Bring It On cast, too, right?

Is Shemari the girl on the right?  She looks different to me.

I think Shemari was the lead singer of the group cause all the videos they have released shes always lead... the rapper Natina Reed is the one that died (weird that lisa lefteye lopez who signed them to be a mini new Tlc died and so did the rapper of this group ) All 3 girls played cheerleaders in bring it on and are the only 3 really other them Isis to have lines for the Compton cheerleaders thats Shemari in the middle and Natina on the right in the gif i really should google who the third member is lol Edit** her name is Brandi Williams

NeedyAgedLangur-small.gif

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I'm still not even clear on what she is trying to sell in that video.....

HAHAHAA. Sheree need to make a deal with Fablectics. She can't sketch, sew or design. If you are going to outsource your entire line at least work with an established brand with the same vision. Her relevancy has an expiration date. She squandered her years on the show.

• Love 5
10 minutes ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I think Shemari was the lead singer of the group cause all the videos they have released shes always lead... the rapper Natina Reed is the one that died (weird that lisa lefteye lopez who signed them to be a mini new Tlc died and so did the rapper of this group ) All 3 girls played cheerleaders in bring it on and are the only 3 really other them Isis to have lines for the Compton cheerleaders thats Shemari in the middle and Natina on the right in the gif

NeedyAgedLangur-small.gif

That is weird.  So sad.

I usually watch Bring It On when on tv, it is actually a pretty good movie!

Soooo I just googled Marlo, and I am sure this has been covered here but OMG she was arrested SEVEN times!  She slashed a woman's face.  WTF!!!

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

That is weird.  So sad.

I usually watch Bring It On when on tv, it is actually a pretty good movie!

Soooo I just googled Marlo, and I am sure this has been covered here but OMG she was arrested SEVEN times!  She slashed a woman's face.  WTF!!!

she was also arrested for writing bad checks lol girl really should keep her mouth shut lol like NeNe once said of her  Yes you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig!

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:22 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

EXACTLY.  I can't STAND Marlo, she's all kinds of awful.  She's a tired old prostitute (if she's 42 like she claims, then I'm 12) who likes to carry on like she's Princess Grace.  It's beyond tired.  There's a reason she's been nothing but a "friend of" for over a decade now.   She's all talk.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:19 AM, Neurochick said:

I think both Cynthia and Eva looked amazing, but I would have voted for Eva because Cynthia, sunglasses inside?  Nope.

There's a big difference between being a wife and a whore.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:41 AM, Neurochick said:

I think all these women have drinking problems.  Most people could care less if someone is or isn’t drinking. 

And Miss Shamari or however she spells her name, only reason she’s anything is because she’s light.  There, I said it, the elephant in the room.  And I say that because I’m light too.

I didn't realize darker skinned people are never successful in the music industry.   Learn a new thing every day.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 9:10 AM, Sheenieb said:

Cynthia OWNED Eva in that walk-off.  She is a striking woman, with or without sunglasses.  I can't believe she's over fifty.  She looks about a decade or two younger than "42" year old Marlo. 

I agree with you on Tanya and Nene.  Nene has always been a hater with a viscous jealous streak.  And the facial expressions.  Good lord, does she even realize how absurd she looks?  She looks like she's having a stroke.  If anyone is a legend in their own mind, it's Ms. Leaks. 

I enjoyed this episode.  While I don't care for Nene much, her and Porsha do crack me up together.  When Nene screamed "push!" and Porsha, without missing a beat, starts squatting like she was giving birth I died.  They're hilarious together.

Porsha has grown on me maybe even more than Kelly Dodd from OC.   I find her delightful and I'm so happy she's getting everything she's wanted.

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:25 PM, KnotsLanding said:

I felt like Nene was having a good season until tonight. I’ve enjoyed her mostly friendly interactions with the ladies and truly acting like an HBIC for once. The scenes with Greg have also been touching...then she came for Tanya and I got shades of old school jealous Nene. That girl didn’t shade her boutique. She was saying that it doesn’t need to be a high end label to be fashionable. Didn’t Nene say she was her biggest customer?! You could tell she didn’t like the attention she was getting and since Marlo is her close friend and likely her stylist she didn’t like Tanya winning the fashion battle. Nene is petty and Tanya shined too bright. 

I also give Marlo props because I thought she handled herself well and was fun this episode. I do think she was genuinely trying to help Shamari. On any of these shows, even Beverly Hills, the women make adjustments to their looks once they see themselves on cameras. Marlo was just trying to help the girl. She’s gorgeous as they’ve all said but her clothes look like they came from Citi Trends and her wigs are cheap. I say this as a drag queen who knows she can afford better wigs than that. It don’t even have an invisible part of lace. She’s also going at Marlo because she’s an easy target but she knows everybody thinks she looks tired. 

Yeah but when someone is telling them they don't' really want your help you don't continue telling them how awful they look, humiliating them on camera, making them feel bad and steamrolling them to "help" them.  Marlo was being obnoxious (as usual.)

• Love 5