Type keyword(s) to search

S05:E01 The Final Countdown

• Start Topic

Other than medical personnel, she may not have anyone around her to correct her -- far too many people say vagina when they mean vulva

I blame the Kartrashians. Aren't they the ones who brought "vajazzled" into the common lexicon?

On 1/14/2019 at 12:40 AM, J. Matazz said:

Curiosity, simply, because it's different, from the parental perspective. I would know! I've been asked the same, by people who attend my talks, or even relatives. If it helps people understand, that's worth it, and Jazz is cut from a similar cloth from mine in that regard. If more people know about a particular aspect, it's less a concern about getting it out there. I personally see that as a worthwhile tradeoff, and I'd fathom she does as well.

Thanks for sharing.  I have a family member that is ftm, which is much less common, I think, but I am more familiar with that type of transition than what Jazz did.

• Love 1
On 1/2/2019 at 7:09 PM, Madding crowd said:

One of the professionals Jazz saw was “cousin Debbie” though so if I were the doctor I would still have concerns. I almost wonder if Dr Bowers insistence on cancelling the surgery if Jazz were one pound over was her way of wanting to delay the surgery for awhile.

I have no issue with Jazz wanting the surgery, but as a parent myself I would be terrified of the uncertainty with how it will be done, the risks of hemorrhagic and the fact that a three day stay turned into a three week stay with no explanation why. I certainly hope everything turns out Ok and I assume they wouldn’t do the show at all if it didn’t. 

I thought Debbie couldn't be one of the professionals, but was helping them find one that could help?

In my mind, part of the weight loss requirement was kind of like what Dr. Now does with making the people who see him lose weight on their own before they get surgery.  While part of that is because it's safer to operate, it also shows a commitment from the patient.  I found myself frustrated with the episodes about Jazz's weight loss and getting the letters.  As a parent, my approach would have probably been different because I would have expected Jazz (with my help, but not my nagging) to take the lead on taking care of those things.  To me, if she wanted the surgery ASAP, then there would be no need for me to cajole or nag or remind her incessantly to take care of her business.   

• Love 4

I cant remember if it's this epi or the next one where Jazz and Victoria have coffee or whatever, with Sander, and Jazz claims to be 'Looking for clarification on Victoria's feelings' because Jazz thought they were totally smitten with each other. What I remember in last season's AWKWARD AF date, was that Victoria was going on a casual date with Jazz and it felt like it was more to be nice to her than because she was really hot for Jazz. And in this season's scene where Jazz invites her to meet up and talk, Jazz seems still be crushing on her a little bit, but then she seems deflated when Victoria says that yes, she just started dating a woman and is very happy. In fact, I think Jazz asks her if this girl makes her happy and Victoria says with a weird laugh and a DUH tone, "yeah, why else would I be dating her?" or something to that effect. That whole interaction showed the stark contrast in maturity between Jazz and someone in her general peer group (I feel like Victoria's a year or so older but I'm not sure). It was sad really, because Jazz communicates on such a childlike level, and I think for someone like Victoria, who is mature and seems to act her age, if you will, Jazz comparatively looks like a pre teen. IMO of course. The whole point of mentioning it is because I think Jazz still thinks her new genitalia will "fix" all the social issues she has with others and I'm not sure they will. I don't know how someone who's been that suppressed catches up with their peers.

• Love 2