Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Lisa's Dilemma

• Start Topic

On 1/3/2019 at 5:41 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

The editors make it seem that Raquel attends every See You Next Tuesday to stand next to James’s booth and keep him company. There’s nothing else she’d rather be doing?

I just assumed she was there to make sure he didn't accidentally fuck anyone.

• Love 17
On 12/29/2018 at 10:11 PM, bichonblitz said:

Jax googling how to start a business. Then deciding it was too much work. The guy is useless and lazy. How dare he talk about James cheating and lying and then say no woman will put up with that. Look in the mirror, dude. You are a 40 year old loser who has done nothing but cheat and lie your whole life! 

Sandoval seems unhappy this season. I don't think his relationship with Arianna is where he wants it to be. 

Schwartz is regressing. Listening to him is painful, he's so child like and immature. He's also getting older and his boyish good looks are not what they used to be. Too much partying is catching up but as long as Katie has a ring on it now she doesn't seem to care anymore about what he's going to do with his life. 

I don't know where Stassi fits in anymore. I listen to her podcasts. Her gushing over Beau is irritating. He's on her podcasts, too and he's not that interesting. Stassi is definitely the boss in that relationship. 

Whatever happened to Jax's sweater line?  I remember Stassi giving him shit for it in season 2 and telling him how annoying it is to hear him say that he can just DO that.  And the time when he was telling James off for spitting on Kristen's door.  Yeah, gross, but how does that compare to the non-stop cheating and you dipping your dick in everything??  It's like Sheana telling off Lala for being the mistress.  These bitches have ZERO awareness.  How nice that must be. 

Sandoval and Ariana will never make it.  He wants to get married and have kids and she wants neither.  Both are fine, but they will never work.  Tom shouldn't ever have to give up getting married and having children and Ariana should never be pushed to do that.  Marriage and kids are two of the biggest life decisions and they disagree on both.

I think Stassi is probably the most domestic out of all of them because she really wants to get married and have children.  If Patrick had kids when they met, I think she would have been fine with being the stepmum. 

Schwartz is a total effing pussy.  Grow an effing pair, bitch! 

• Love 3
On 1/6/2019 at 12:12 AM, SarahPrtr said:

I think Stassi is probably the most domestic out of all of them because she really wants to get married and have children. 

Scheana is actually very domestic, but superficially so. Every time she's with a new guy, she starts talking about trying to get wifed up. She did it with Shay and Rob. Scheana's problem is that she's really self-absorbed. She doesn't want to be a wife or build a family as a collaborative unit; she wants to do it as a reflection of herself. It's why she wants a guy who has MyMan's bank account, but Jax' body from a decade ago. He also has to have fame that adds to, but doesn't eclipse her own. In hindsight, it really seems like she and Eddie Cibrian are almost exactly the same person.

• Love 10

In this post-Kim Richards world I'm surprised no one has called James an alcoholic, instead choosing to dance around it in this very obvious way. They say he should never drink again, that he has a problem with drinking, and meanwhile we all see him losing jobs because of his drinking, alienating friends because of his drinking, making bad decisions because of his drinking, him blaming everything on his drinking--except himself for picking up his drink. FFS he regularly uses blackouts as a defense. He doesn't remember calling Katie fat, so he's not responsible for saying it. Instead of cutting back or quitting, he thinks everyoneone else should know he's drunk and give him a pass.

Alcoholism is nothing to be ashamed of, I am 3 years sober myself after a long and shitty period of being a walking hurricane, but I do wonder if James is capable of recovery. Whether it's AA or indivual therapy or a lesser known program, all addiction treatment (really any kind of treatment) means acknowledging the choices we make and James is ALWAYS saying he was provoked or some iteration of I know you are but what am I.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 9

He apparently went on a twitter rampage over New Year's, Katie was a target because she was being called out for being a bully and hypocrit and he didn’t like her response. Then he went after Jax, Lala and their dead dads.

He then deleted the posts, claimed he was hacked. Jax shot back with "Bravo made you pull them down".  Brittany and Jax both twittered back at him.

James then tweeted an apology to Jax and Lala, not Katie.

His apology in a nutshell......

"I'm sorry.  Stop provoking me to say stuff I then have to apologize for."

If you want the specifics, just Google James or Jax.

• Love 3

I think this is the issue:

https://realityblurb.com/2019/01/04/vanderpump-rules-raquel-leviss-calls-out-katie-maloney-and-asks-her-to-clarify-her-cryptic-tweets-about-abuse-and-consent-regarding-james-kennedy/

I ran across this shit sort of real time.

I think James is an obnoxious shit who has a lot of hate and resentment aimed at women. I don't know exactly why he seems bound and determined to treat all women so terribly. However, Katie has been fucking ridiculous by coyly hinting that James is a rapist. If she's not free to discuss what she's heard or knows, then don't drop half-assed hints. Talk to your friend or acquaintance and encourage her to come forward. Tweet in support of victims who have actually come forward. 

Katie does his victims a disservice by doing this. She has no facts and details to back up her allegations. James and Katie have an antagonistic history, so mentioning rape allegations with no victim and no details comes across as malicious and retaliatory rather than motivated by actual concern for justice and victims. James displays A LOT of problematic behavior on camera and in social media. Katie should focus on that shit before coming for James in things she cannot corroborate. I want to scream at her to pick her fucking battles. James' hands are not clean, but she muddies the water with these allegations.

That said, I don't believe James was "hacked." If he was hacked, it was by Fireball or cocaine. He has abysmal self-control when sober. On substances, his brain slows to a crawl while his fingers and lips keep moving. Of course he fucking tweeted these insults.

• Love 5

I think the issue is he has sex with women too drunk to consent, then tells them they had consensual sex the next day. That's what happened when he and Lala had sex. Lala and James were staying in a hotel room and she woke up and there was a used condom on the floor. So she asked what happened and he said oh you don't remember, we did it in the shower. Lala did not consider this date rape. (For the full story Google The Dirty podcast with Lala from 2016).

My purpose here is not to start a 'what is rape' discussion, just to reiterate that James has very hazy boundaries and is quick to slut shame...a combination which makes him very dangerous to be around while intoxicated.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

He apparently went on a twitter rampage over New Year's, Katie was a target because she was being called out for being a bully and hypocrit and he didn’t like her response. Then he went after Jax, Lala and their dead dads.

He then deleted the posts, claimed he was hacked. Jax shot back with "Bravo made you pull them down".  Brittany and Jax both twittered back at him.

James then tweeted an apology to Jax and Lala, not Katie.

His apology in a nutshell......

"I'm sorry.  Stop provoking me to say stuff I then have to apologize for."

If you want the specifics, just Google James or Jax.

In the entire history of Twitter’s existence has anyone ever posted anything that made their life better?

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, The Mighty Peanut said:

I think the issue is he has sex with women too drunk to consent, then tells them they had consensual sex the next day. That's what happened when he and Lala had sex. Lala and James were staying in a hotel room and she woke up and there was a used condom on the floor. So she asked what happened and he said oh you don't remember, we did it in the shower. Lala did not consider this date rape. (For the full story Google The Dirty podcast with Lala from 2016).

My purpose here is not to start a 'what is rape' discussion, just to reiterate that James has very hazy boundaries and is quick to slut shame...a combination which makes him very dangerous to be around while intoxicated.

Replied in the media thread

• Love 1
On 1/3/2019 at 1:41 PM, Drogo said:

My issue is the way Katie retells the events of the day as if she had been attacked unprovoked.  She went at him, he clapped back, and he hurt her feelings worse than she hurt his.  Oh well.

James has always been a little bootlicker, and Katie's always been a hypocrite. 

I totally agree. James should not have said what he said, but she fucking started it and that's what makes me so mad. Can't wait to see how this actually turns out. Hopefully a producer will tell Lisa the above and while he may still receive some form of "punishment," it may not be as harsh as losing his job. Lisa also should have asked how it all started. Plus, I don't like Katie.

The start was Kristen and Hope winding James up.

Then Lala tried to talk to him.  He screams at Lala that she's a mess.*

Katie then says, She's a mess?  Look at yourself. What's wrong with you and your shorts.*

Katie went to Lisa with her ultimatum. And Lisa discussed it with owners, heard Lala's complaints about James and Lisa brought up James attacking Brittany out of the blue.  He got "fired" as a sum total, not one part.

*paraphrasing. Not word for word.  I think relatively close. 

• Love 5
On 12/28/2018 at 10:28 PM, OldButHappy said:

Agree 100%.  And congrats on the sobriety!  After I put the plug in the jug and started working the steps, a life opened up for me that was better than anything I could have imagined.

I feel for James.  He's clearly not in control of his drinking, but the pain he feels is just so visible and raw, I'm willing to suspend judgement and see how he acts after a few years of sobriety and lots of therapy.  He could soar or crash.  Fingers crossed.

But Lisa doesn't get a pass rom my judgmental ways - I'm giving her the serious side-eye (sorry Lisa!) for giving James a job anywhere near alcohol after calling him out for being an alcoholic on national tv.  Sometimes, I find her brand of covert enabler more maddening than the extreme "drive-my-child-into-the-city-at 4am-to-score-heroin-with money-I-give-him" enablers we often see on Intervention.  Casually ignoring a relapse (of someone that you've professed to care for) while making money from the activities that were central to the relapse is darker, to me, than the Baltimore mom scoring those dime bags in the middle of the night.

Thanks, and back at you! And yeah, I totally agree with everything you said <3

• Love 1