Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04: Lisa's Dilemma

• Start Topic

Considering that James' mother is an alcoholic and is working on her sobriety, James should be taking his issues with alcohol a little more seriously. I can't imagine anyone other than an addict proudly announcing that they've managed to go 4 days without alcohol. That is not a milestone for the average person who has a healthy relationship with alcohol. 4 days sober is great for an addict and each day deserves recognition and congratulations but the problem here is that James still doesn't see a genuine problem with his drinking.

Ariana hit the nail on the head with Scheana. She can't help but want to be with the in crowd and so she tries to do the most to seek validation from Stassi and co. Grow the fuck up already. I don't like James but it's hard not to understand why he would get mad and walk out after you left him to move all your fucking stuff only to sit him down, lecture him on his behaviour and clarify that you AREN'T friends.

I don't see any behaviour from Racquel that suggests that she empowers women but for fucks sakes, who the hell is Lala to lecture her about this? Insulting a woman's intellect not because of what she says or how she behaves but simply because you disagree with her personal choices is the antithesis of being all about female empowerment. Lala defended James in the same way until James said something that disrespected 'her man' even though what James said was technically the truth. The same woman who was walking around like a dirty little secret and everyone who knew about her relationship had to sign fucking non disclosures about it...yeah, that sounds like a real empowered woman, am I fucking right? Shut the fuck up Lala and worry about your own business. Maybe figure out how to get through life without sucking on a fucking baby bottle to go to sleep. You got your own problems to deal with it before you go around judging and lecturing others. Also, maybe eat a slice of humble pie considering the recent flop on your man's resume.

I didn't mind Sandoval's tough questions but everything about his delivery screamed 'asshole'... from his posture to the way he asked the questions and then the way he provided additional commentary in a manner that suggested he was trying to embarrass the candidates - just nod and write your notes. You don't need to make people feel stupid. I don't think he was being intentional about it, I just think he's taking the process very seriously and it made him uptight. Schwartz on the other hand was pretty useless in terms of extracting information but I thought he provided a necessary balance to Sandoval's attitude. They're interviewing for bartenders, not the secret service. There's no reason under than circumstance you need to intimidate your candidates. And speaking of candidates, Teddi's brother is easy on the eyes.

James with his same song and dance each time he gets called out for his awfulness. Cry and promise that it won't happen again. I've lost track of how many times we've heard this shit from him. How many times has he promised not to drink anymore? Lisa is likely right...he needs to be sober for the rest of his life. Not that it makes any difference in the grand scheme because he still has a job with the show so he'll figure some way to get camera time. I know I wasn't supposed to, but I did LOL when he said he wouldn't do anything 'naughty' anymore.

• Love 18
On 12/24/2018 at 1:10 AM, yourmomiseasy said:

She had way too many talking heads this episode.  I hope that trend does not continue because the way she talks makes me stabby.

What gets me is that she has a hint of a Valley Girl accent to the cadence of her voice, so every time she gets animated, I'm like OK fine.  Fer sure, fer sure. She's like oh my god, like totally unable to come up with a way to stay on the show if she admits James cheated. 

On 12/24/2018 at 1:50 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

Ive never gotten why people like FI. As I said he gets away with a lot because of everyone else and yet he has the audacity to talk on a high horse to these people. 

I think he gets away with a lot because he is much more apt to cover up and never admit what he or his boys have done.  There were a lot of times when I thought he was gas lighting Kristen in early seasons.  I could kind of see why she went bunny boiling psycho on him and Arianna way back when even though she was by no means innocent in that break up.

On 12/24/2018 at 12:36 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

That would have made Lisa look super dumb though.  "You can't work here because you are an asshole to Katie, so let's move you to the bar that her husband is a token owner of." 

But both Tom's are already clearly not happy about this escalating to James getting fired.  It also gives Katie and Shwartz something to fight about besides him getting blackout drunk and making out with someone.  Something will conspire to make James DJing at TomTom a reality despite it being super dumb.

On 12/24/2018 at 2:04 PM, psychoticstate said:

I believe that Tequila Katie snarked on James' outfit first and James returned the barb, but added the part about losing weight.  Neither was okay but everyone does seem to have conveniently forgot that Katie started that conversational ball rolling.

That is always James' problem.  Someone else starts it and he feels he has to finish it.  So he escalates or pulls in a third party either in a confrontation or a talking head with a level of vileness that the instigator gets a pass.  He'd be much better off if he used these situations to manipulate them to his advantage because that is what is being done to him.  Kristen is pushing the buttons he knows so well and Katie is using his reaction to manipulate an outcome.

1 hour ago, FlyingEgret said:

Wouldn't it have made more sense for Scheana to dump James after he moved all those empty boxes into her new apartment?

If I thought this was real (and the two men and a truck boxes basically killed any chance of that) then I'd say that I believe James was never going with her to unload.  He was loading her car since he lived nearby.  I presume whoever will help her have a reason to make an appearance next week will be waiting to unload the car.

• Love 7
On 12/24/2018 at 2:04 PM, psychoticstate said:

everyone does seem to have conveniently forgot that Katie started that conversational ball rolling.

Especially Katie. 

I really dislike the gang up on Raquel. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

Especially Katie. 

I really dislike the gang up on Raquel. 

I don't think Katie has forgotten she started it.  She very deliberately told Lisa a sanitized version of what she said which had an unspoken James was slovenly  in his dress and not representing Lisa well and Katie was being a dutiful employee in asking him to present himself better ring to it.

She did that deliberately to undercut any excuse James made that would reflect badly on her.

• Love 6

James came into the area screaming at and about Kristen.

Katie tells him to pull up his shorts.

James then screams her shorts aren't flattering and she's fat.

Why am I supposed to feel sorry for James and blame Katie?

• Love 21
On 12/25/2018 at 1:01 AM, Marley said:

James is still djing at SUR to this day so the whole firing scene was dumb.

Samdoval seems like such a jerk these days I’m not enjoying him at all. He used to crack me up.

Raquel is a moron. I don’t like her having THs.

Aha!, so it was a Fake Firing. !. I guess Lisa did not want to disclose that Katie doesn't really work much at SUR anyway so having James around wouldn't matter.

12 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

Ariana hit the nail on the head with Scheana. She can't help but want to be with the in crowd and so she tries to do the most to seek validation from Stassi and co. Grow the fuck up already.

I think almost everyone except James, Lala, Billie Lee, Brittany, and Stassi started working for LVP at Villa Blanca. During that time, Scheana was able to have a fairly close friendship with Katie. Scheana has managed to maintain friendships with Katie and Kristen for significant amounts of time. However, Scheana has never managed to have a friendship with Stassi for any significant amount of time. And from the moment Kristen and Katie transferred over to SUR and started with Stassi, it's like their friendships with Scheana were dead. The problem has always been Stassi. Stassi has always been this toxic domineering element in this group. 

Scheana has never transgressed against any of them worse than they have against each other, but they seem to have endless amounts of forgiveness for the shitty things they pull within the group. There is also a decent amount of misogyny in the group. Lala and James can openly disrespect the girls, call them fat and ugly, but no one really comes down on Sandoval for continuing to hang out with both of them. 

So yeah, I agree with Ariana that Scheana needs to stop seeking validation. But these assholes need to realize that they usually only seem to have a problem with Scheana when Stassi has a problem with Scheana. I think this is why we're seeing Scheana moving, working in Las Vegas, and talking about joining the Hills--I think this is the season where Scheana realizes that she's NEVER going to make Stassi  and the other key power players in the group particularly happy. It's just better to move on.

I don't see any behaviour from Racquel that suggests that she empowers women but for fucks sakes, who the hell is Lala to lecture her about this? Insulting a woman's intellect not because of what she says or how she behaves but simply because you disagree with her personal choices is the antithesis of being all about female empowerment. Lala defended James in the same way until James said something that disrespected 'her man' even though what James said was technically the truth. The same woman who was walking around like a dirty little secret and everyone who knew about her relationship had to sign fucking non disclosures about it...yeah, that sounds like a real empowered woman, am I fucking right? Shut the fuck up Lala and worry about your own business. Maybe figure out how to get through life without sucking on a fucking baby bottle to go to sleep. You got your own problems to deal with it before you go around judging and lecturing others. Also, maybe eat a slice of humble pie considering the recent flop on your man's resume.

Lala whose parents and boyfriends have always paid her bills. Lala who sucks on a "baba" every night. Lala whose mantra of body acceptance includes reminding herself that her "puss can take a D like a champ." Furthermore, no one every turns to Brittany and excoriates and ostracizes her the way they do Raquel even though Jax is just about the cheatingest motherfucker they've ever met. We've also never seen James talk to or about Raquel the way we've seen Jax talk to and about Brittany. They don't like James and they are ambivalent at best about Raquel. That's why they are totally comfortable treating Raquel like shit.

Remember how empowerment Lala used to take off her clothes at the drop of a hat in front of Schwartz because she knew it upset Katie. Remember when empowerment Lala used to speculate that Schwartz had the biggest dick of all the guys. Remember when empowerment Lala used to joke about having sex with Schwartz while he and Katie were going through a dry spell.

I didn't mind Sandoval's tough questions but everything about his delivery screamed 'asshole'... from his posture to the way he asked the questions and then the way he provided additional commentary in a manner that suggested he was trying to embarrass the candidates - just nod and write your notes. You don't need to make people feel stupid. I don't think he was being intentional about it, I just think he's taking the process very seriously and it made him uptight. 

Sandoval has always been really serious about bartending. He's been very upfront about how he thinks Jax is a terrible bartender. He's also super serious about clothing. This actually made me understand just how similar he is to Ariana. When it comes to things they are actually interested and invested in, they both have zero chill.

• Love 19

Isn’t Katie planning on “working” at TomTom anyway? And isn’t TomTom opening up this season on the show? I think this “ultimatum” was a manufactured storyline so Katie will “quit” and just go work at TomTom. Or, even if Lisa “fires” James, he’ll go back to SUR after Katie leaves for TomTom. The storyline that would make no sense is if James started working at TomTom—somehow Katie can’t be around James at Lisa’s other restaurant but okay that he’s at her own husband’s place?

• Love 4

No.  It's all going to be tied up with a sparkly pink bow.......

Lisa comes to James apt. next episode to offer him a chance.  If he checks into rehab or does reiki or sees a therapist--ANYTHING to make him deal with his alcohol consumption, then he can come back to work.

He will jump through whatever hoop is presented to him.  As long as he quits the drinking, he can come back.

That's how I think this is going to be "solved".

• Love 8
6 hours ago, dosodog said:

James came into the area screaming at and about Kristen.

Katie tells him to pull up his shorts.

James then screams her shorts aren't flattering and she's fat.

Why am I supposed to feel sorry for James and blame Katie?

I agree. I don't think what Katie said to James was at all equal to what he said to her. He was out of his mind (booze, coke, whatever) - ranting and raving, and his pants WERE falling down. So she told him to pull them up. BFD. 

• Love 18
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think almost everyone except James, Lala, Billie Lee, Brittany, and Stassi started working for LVP at Villa Blanca. During that time, Scheana was able to have a fairly close friendship with Katie. Scheana has managed to maintain friendships with Katie and Kristen for significant amounts of time. However, Scheana has never managed to have a friendship with Stassi for any significant amount of time. And from the moment Kristen and Katie transferred over to SUR and started with Stassi, it's like their friendships with Scheana were dead. The problem has always been Stassi. Stassi has always been this toxic domineering element in this group. 

Scheana has never transgressed against any of them worse than they have against each other, but they seem to have endless amounts of forgiveness for the shitty things they pull within the group. There is also a decent amount of misogyny in the group. Lala and James can openly disrespect the girls, call them fat and ugly, but no one really comes down on Sandoval for continuing to hang out with both of them. 

So yeah, I agree with Ariana that Scheana needs to stop seeking validation. But these assholes need to realize that they usually only seem to have a problem with Scheana when Stassi has a problem with Scheana. I think this is why we're seeing Scheana moving, working in Las Vegas, and talking about joining the Hills--I think this is the season where Scheana realizes that she's NEVER going to make Stassi  and the other key power players in the group particularly happy. It's just better to move on.

I completely agree that when it comes to the clique's relationship with Scheana, it's Stassi calling the shots and none of them have no good reason for the level of mean girl they throw at Scheana...and I say this as someone who finds Scheana really annoying. It seems that all of them use Scheana as a convenient friend when their own friendships are on the fritz and no matter what I think about Scheana, when it comes to their dynamic, Scheana is the only way that has truly been treated like shit from all of them. Scheana's entire being on this show has passed through 3 phases repeatedly - 'I wanna be friends, how can we be friends', 'oh we're friends, this is great', 'we're not friends anymore but x is now friends with one of my friends and I'm worried that it's going to affect my relationship with my friend'. Rinse and repeat. If she moves on to something else, then good for her. She won't lose any friendships that were real to start with.

• Love 5

I find Scheana completely vapid and boring.  She's the most superficial and shallow, even Arianna, her BFF, has noted as much.  I think they've all tried, at various stages to be closer to Scheana, but it's just not possible.  There's nothing there and no reciprocation other than Scheana being aware it nets her additional screen time.

• Love 17
17 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I agree. I don't think what Katie said to James was at all equal to what he said to her. He was out of his mind (booze, coke, whatever) - ranting and raving, and his pants WERE falling down. So she told him to pull them up. BFD. 

That's Katie's version of events. 

Smart people don't pull a cat's tail then feign shock when it scratches them. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, snarts said:

I find Scheana completely vapid and boring.  She's the most superficial and shallow, even Arianna, her BFF, has noted as much.  I think they've all tried, at various stages to be closer to Scheana, but it's just not possible.  There's nothing there and no reciprocation other than Scheana being aware it nets her additional screen time.

I think Scheana is really shallow, superficial, and boring too. What I don't get is their need to specifically exclude her from events. It actively gives her more storyline than she deserves. If she truly has no authentic friendships with the cast and nothing really going on in her life or she refuses to share it, she'll write herself out of the show. It happened to Gretchen Rossi and Peggy Sulahian on RHoOC. It happened to Asa Soltan and Lilly Ghalichi on Shahs of Sunset. There is a reason that Peter, Rachel, and Tina were never full cast members; they either have very little going on in their lives or are unwilling to share it on tv.

I just don't understand the Witches of WeHo need to proactively do the producers' and editors' jobs for them. We don't need to see the girls talking in real time about how shallow Scheana is or her superficiality being the reason that they don't hang with her. They can add it in a talking head interview. If the vast majority of Scheana's on camera footage is her at events with all of them, not interacting, fucking with her hair, and on her phone, that's actually more damning than ultimatums about being a good friend. And as we've seen, they are very good at catching footage of Scheana being oblivious and self-centered. It's actually been a narrative that's been building for 4 seasons, but ramped up over the past 2.

This is the ultimate show don't tell situation because Scheana will reveal herself to be awful. Let Scheana do the heavy lifting; I have every confidence that she'll be shallow and disinterested at some inopportune time.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 7
On December 24, 2018 at 2:58 PM, Duke2801 said:

IKR?! I have zero doubt that she’s pulled the deceased dad card to justify behaving like a little witch more than once. 

As somebody who lost both of her parents fairly young—one of them when I was younger than Lala—this is a serious pet peeve of mine. 

Right after my dad's death, I realized that grief-brain was making me drive really poorly.  And I pride myself on driving all kinds of automobiles really well (thanks to an old beau who was a high-performance sports car fanatic).

To this day, whenever I see someone driving badly - cutting people off, not using signal lights, crossing lanes - I think, "Maybe their father just died", and anger melts into empathy (even though I know that it's 1000 times more likely that the driver in question is impaired, texting, or just a bad driver).  

On December 25, 2018 at 6:44 PM, LibertarianSlut said:

If Flat Iron is going to take bartending more seriously than Ariana takes comedy, and call an interviewee to the carpet for claiming that a dry martini contains vermouth...he might want to inform himself that a dry martini contains vermouth. 

Amen!  My parent drank VERY dry vodka martinis.  My Dad would tell waitresses, "Just show the vermouth bottle to the vodka bottle" to stress how little vermouth he wanted in his cocktail.  So a tiny bit of vermouth makes it a dry martini...otherwise, it's just vodka (or gin) on the rocks.....

And thanks, HunterHunted for the film info - that was very interesting (and be sure to read "The Drama of the Gifted Child" if you haven't already).  :)

• Love 6
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, Drogo said:

I agree. I don't think what Katie said to James was at all equal to what he said to her.  He was out of his mind (booze, coke, whatever) - ranting and raving, and his pants WERE falling down. So she told him to pull them up. BFD. 

That's Katie's version of events. 

Smart people don't pull a cat's tail then feign shock when it scratches them. 

19 hours ago, ghoulina said:

That's the version I saw happen while watching the episode. 

We're two episodes removed from the actual exchange so maybe a lot's forgotten, especially since Katie delivered a watered-down Katie-free summary to Lisa and others last episode.

James walked out of Sur just as Lala was telling Raquel that she watched "it happen" (it being James/Hope sex) and she said she wanted to talk to Raquel alone, James let them talk alone and went back inside.  Raquel asked Lala actual questions ex: "What did you actually see, who are you hearing this from" while Lala called her dumb for thinking that she has the right to ask for any material information or evidence before breaking up with someone she cares for on the word of some people she doesn't care for- James came out the other side of Sur to have a smoke with Sandoval and Hope/Kristen walked up to them and basically shame-kicked James out of his own workplace ("Tom, why is HE here? He needs to go.. you know that") like she owned Sur and Pride and not at all like a woman who had been fired from the place for doing this exact same bullshit before and for some reason James acquiesced and started walking away - Lala stopped him and said he should "stop acting like this [coordinated Pride attack on James/Raquel] was an ambush" (despite ambush being the perfect word to describe it) and told him he needs "intense help" - he said 'no you do' and Katie (surrounded by big group of allies including Lala and Kristen who have already been terrorizing him this day) inserted herself into the Lala/James exchange by mocking James (who was standing alone in more ways than one) saying "James, look at you dude, you're telling her SHE needs help, what's going on with your fucking pants?" LOLOL while her coven laughs...  She did not express concern that his pants might fall down and expose him, she was not offering him help or genuine advice, she was making fun of him to get a laugh from the crowd and unfortunately for her James clapped back.  So IMO yes, Katie pulled a cat's tail then acted surprised when it scratched her.

• Love 12

I found this ep interesting in that for such an alcohol-centric show, it was like an ad for AA, if AA relied on promotion rather than attraction! James is getting fired for behaving like a troublemaking alcoholic; Lala is abstaining because she knows she has it in her too; James's mom is nine months and eight days sober...I had no idea she'd quit drinking and was so stoked for her that I went and found her on Twitter to say that's awesome, and she was really sweet in response. I'm nine months tomorrow, so to hear her out of nowhere say that made me burst into tears. I really hope James can follow her lead, because he's young and really does have so much potential. Alcohol really is "cunning, baffling, and powerful," and his inability to make the choice to abstain when he has SO much to lose if he drinks is a huge red flag. He and Lala kind of danced around the "will they or won't they" with sobriety in S5 and I hope she sticks with it and he gets there. It would be really cool if Lisa paid for him to go to rehab, a good one where he could work on his music and see how full his life already is without this destructive-to-him substance. 

• Love 9
On 12/27/2018 at 7:43 AM, HunterHunted said:

I think Scheana is really shallow, superficial, and boring too. What I don't get is their need to specifically exclude her from events. It actively gives her more storyline than she deserves. If she truly has no authentic friendships with the cast and nothing really going on in her life or she refuses to share it, she'll write herself out of the show. It happened to Gretchen Rossi and Peggy Sulahian on RHoOC. It happened to Asa Soltan and Lilly Ghalichi on Shahs of Sunset. There is a reason that Peter, Rachel, and Tina were never full cast members; they either have very little going on in their lives or are unwilling to share it on tv.

I just don't understand the Witches of WeHo need to proactively do the producers' and editors' jobs for them. We don't need to see the girls talking in real time about how shallow Scheana is or her superficiality being the reason that they don't hang with her. They can add it in a talking head interview. If the vast majority of Scheana's on camera footage is her at events with all of them, not interacting, fucking with her hair, and on her phone, that's actually more damning than ultimatums about being a good friend. And as we've seen, they are very good at catching footage of Scheana being oblivious and self-centered. It's actually been a narrative that's been building for 4 seasons, but ramped up over the past 2.

This is the ultimate show don't tell situation because Scheana will reveal herself to be awful. Let Scheana do the heavy lifting; I have every confidence that she'll be shallow and disinterested at some inopportune time.

I think she's faker than the rest and they are just sick of it and don't want to be around her flip flopping ass.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

We're two episodes removed from the actual exchange so maybe a lot's forgotten, especially since Katie delivered a watered-down Katie-free summary to Lisa and others last episode.

James walked out of Sur just as Lala was telling Raquel that she watched "it happen" (it being James/Hope sex) and she said she wanted to talk to Raquel alone, James let them talk alone and went back inside.  Raquel asked Lala actual questions ex: "What did you actually see, who are you hearing this from" while Lala called her dumb for thinking that she has the right to ask for any material information or evidence before breaking up with someone she cares for on the word of some people she doesn't care for- James came out the other side of Sur to have a smoke with Sandoval and Hope/Kristen walked up to them and basically shame-kicked James out of his own workplace ("Tom, why is HE here? He needs to go.. you know that") like she owned Sur and Pride and not at all like a woman who had been fired from the place for doing this exact same bullshit before and for some reason James acquiesced and started walking away - Lala stopped him and said he should "stop acting like this [coordinated Pride attack on James/Raquel] was an ambush" (despite ambush being the perfect word to describe it) and told him he needs "intense help" - he said 'no you do' and Katie (surrounded by big group of allies including Lala and Kristen who have already been terrorizing him this day) inserted herself into the Lala/James exchange by mocking James (who was standing alone in more ways than one) saying "James, look at you dude, you're telling her SHE needs help, what's going on with your fucking pants?" LOLOL while her coven laughs...  She did not express concern that his pants might fall down and expose him, she was not offering him help or genuine advice, she was making fun of him to get a laugh from the crowd and unfortunately for her James clapped back.  So IMO yes, Katie pulled a cat's tail then acted surprised when it scratched her.

OMG Thank you for saying this! I thought I was in the twilight zone for a second there. Dont get me wrong, James is the both the littlest and biggest shit there ever was, but my god the pearl clutching for poor Katie is laughable. I have been reading these replies (which I LIVE FOR) over the years and this is one topic I was so dumbfounded about, I had to make an account. Its like no one saw the scene and heard "fat" and went into "something shaming" overload. Those girls baited him and he delivered, but does that take any ownership away from Katie, Kristen and the other coven, NOPE. The idea that she was trying to help him is the most disingenuous thing Ive seen in awhile and well Jax is on the show. The way LaLa is treating Raquel (yes sadly, the girl is dim) is beyond empowerment and I used to really like LaLa. Come on ladies and gents, you want to goat people into reacting and then get mad because they do??? Yes being called fat sucks (I myself and on the pleasantly plump side most months of the year ;)), but Katie has always been one of the meanest and vapid girls on this show. Are we really virtue signalling for Kristen, Katie and Stassi hahahaha as if those girls have ever given a shit of how people feel. Why would you show up to Sur and try to cause an issue and then preach professionalism while at work. Sticking up for Katie confuses me, what can I say. 

But seriously Raquel, James is definitely sleeping with other people you gotta wake up. I feel as if at this point she feels she must stay with him to spite them and thats just not a good look. 

On another note, beer cheese both weirds me out and intrigues me. Are they selling it yet? 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I found this ep interesting in that for such an alcohol-centric show, it was like an ad for AA, if AA relied on promotion rather than attraction! James is getting fired for behaving like a troublemaking alcoholic; Lala is abstaining because she knows she has it in her too; James's mom is nine months and eight days sober...I had no idea she'd quit drinking and was so stoked for her that I went and found her on Twitter to say that's awesome, and she was really sweet in response. I'm nine months tomorrow, so to hear her out of nowhere say that made me burst into tears. I really hope James can follow her lead, because he's young and really does have so much potential. Alcohol really is "cunning, baffling, and powerful," and his inability to make the choice to abstain when he has SO much to lose if he drinks is a huge red flag. He and Lala kind of danced around the "will they or won't they" with sobriety in S5 and I hope she sticks with it and he gets there. It would be really cool if Lisa paid for him to go to rehab, a good one where he could work on his music and see how full his life already is without this destructive-to-him substance. 

Congrats to you!!!

• Love 4
5 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I think she's faker than the rest and they are just sick of it and don't want to be around her flip flopping ass.

They accuse her of flip flopping; Scheana has never done more or less flip flopping than the rest of them. Stassi was so upset about Kristen sleeping with Jax that she slapped Kristen, but like a season later they're friends again because no one is speaking to Stassi. There will be 6 months when Katie will insist that Stassi is a manipulative jerk who talks shit about friends and then they'll be friends again. Lala pointedly called them fat and old; she flirted with their boyfriends. They called her a hooker and talked about her breaking up MyMan's marriage. Stassi called Scheana a disgusting cheater while she was actually cheating on Jax with Frank.

To my mind, Scheana is not a flip flopper. She just has unbelievably shallow relationships with all of them so she's never in a position where she's trying to completely cut them from her life because she never lets them get that close to begin with. And I think that's a very valid criticism to make about Scheana.

She spent an entire season making it seem like Shay was a meth head when the real issue was that he was cheating on her. I think it's valid to say to her that they don't feel comfortable sharing details of their life with her because she's not reciprocally candid about her life.

I'm not really a fan of Scheana. I just am a bit of a pragmatist. The greatest damage to Scheana's reputation has come from things she's said and done. I feel like it's easier to sit back and let her destroy herself than actually taking any proactive measures. Also, I'm never going to be team Stassi because she's said far too many stealth bigoted things that I can't in any way support her side of things.

Like all of these idiots, the damage they do to themselves is worse than anything that others can think to inflict on them.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Judi Sunshine said:

Agree 100%.  And congrats on the sobriety!  After I put the plug in the jug and started working the steps, a life opened up for me that was better than anything I could have imagined.

I feel for James.  He's clearly not in control of his drinking, but the pain he feels is just so visible and raw, I'm willing to suspend judgement and see how he acts after a few years of sobriety and lots of therapy.  He could soar or crash.  Fingers crossed.

But Lisa doesn't get a pass rom my judgmental ways - I'm giving her the serious side-eye (sorry Lisa!) for giving James a job anywhere near alcohol after calling him out for being an alcoholic on national tv.  Sometimes, I find her brand of covert enabler more maddening than the extreme "drive-my-child-into-the-city-at 4am-to-score-heroin-with money-I-give-him" enablers we often see on Intervention.  Casually ignoring a relapse (of someone that you've professed to care for) while making money from the activities that were central to the relapse is darker, to me, than the Baltimore mom scoring those dime bags in the middle of the night.

Edited by OldButHappy
spelling
  • Love 8

Lala is a manipulative bitch. Raquel isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she didn’t deserve Lala’s wrath. Raquel was also correct about Lala’s reason for pulling the dad card.

I can’t stand Katie. She’s such a try hard. Her outfit, hair, and makeup at Brittany and Jax’s house was ridiculous. She’s trying so hard to be some sort of fashion maven (tm Ramona), but she looks like a kid dressing up in her mom’s clothes. And I agree that she conveniently left out her part in the James kerfuffle. 

I’m pretty sure Brittany and Jax aren’t really starting a business on their own and developing recipes. It’s more likely they just lent their names to a product produced by an already-functioning business. 

I’m pretty sure Stassi still has a complex in which she thinks she’s the boss of everyone. 

Edited by MinorL
  • Love 7
6 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

They accuse her of flip flopping; Scheana has never done more or less flip flopping than the rest of them. Stassi was so upset about Kristen sleeping with Jax that she slapped Kristen, but like a season later they're friends again because no one is speaking to Stassi. There will be 6 months when Katie will insist that Stassi is a manipulative jerk who talks shit about friends and then they'll be friends again. Lala pointedly called them fat and old; she flirted with their boyfriends. They called her a hooker and talked about her breaking up MyMan's marriage. Stassi called Scheana a disgusting cheater while she was actually cheating on Jax with Frank.

To my mind, Scheana is not a flip flopper. She just has unbelievably shallow relationships with all of them so she's never in a position where she's trying to completely cut them from her life because she never lets them get that close to begin with. And I think that's a very valid criticism to make about Scheana.

She spent an entire season making it seem like Shay was a meth head when the real issue was that he was cheating on her. I think it's valid to say to her that they don't feel comfortable sharing details of their life with her because she's not reciprocally candid about her life.

I'm not really a fan of Scheana. I just am a bit of a pragmatist. The greatest damage to Scheana's reputation has come from things she's said and done. I feel like it's easier to sit back and let her destroy herself than actually taking any proactive measures. Also, I'm never going to be team Stassi because she's said far too many stealth bigoted things that I can't in any way support her side of things.

Like all of these idiots, the damage they do to themselves is worse than anything that others can think to inflict on them.

There's a difference between friendships having an ebb and tide and Scheena flip flopping in a single sentence.  Mainly, I think she's just more self-absorbed and more fake than the rest.  I don't blame them for not wanting to hang out with her.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, MinorL said:

Lala is a manipulative bitch. Raquel isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she didn’t deserve Lala’s wrath. Raquel was also correct about Lala’s reason for pulling the dad card.

I can’t stand Katie. She’s such a try hard. Her outfit, hair, and makeup at Brittany and Jax’s house was ridiculous. She’s trying so hard to be some sort of fashion maven (tm Ramona), but she looks like a kid dressing up in her mom’s clothes. And I agree that she conveniently left out her part in the James kerfuffle. 

I’m pretty sure Brittany and Jax aren’t really starting a business on their own and developing recipes. It’s more likely they just lent their names to a product produced by an already-functioning business. 

I’m pretty sure Stassi still has a complex in which she thinks she’s the boss of everyone. 

Agree 100% with all of this. 

Lala and Katie are both bitches. Sorry, but Lala's "man Rand" is ugly and fat. Is that not pc to say? Too bad. She's attracted to his wallet and what his money can buy for her. James is right about this. 

Jax googling how to start a business. Then deciding it was too much work. The guy is useless and lazy. How dare he talk about James cheating and lying and then say no woman will put up with that. Look in the mirror, dude. You are a 40 year old loser who has done nothing but cheat and lie your whole life! 

Sandoval seems unhappy this season. I don't think his relationship with Arianna is where he wants it to be. 

Schwartz is regressing. Listening to him is painful, he's so child like and immature. He's also getting older and his boyish good looks are not what they used to be. Too much partying is catching up but as long as Katie has a ring on it now she doesn't seem to care anymore about what he's going to do with his life. 

I don't know where Stassi fits in anymore. I listen to her podcasts. Her gushing over Beau is irritating. He's on her podcasts, too and he's not that interesting. Stassi is definitely the boss in that relationship. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 8

Obviously the whole "You're fired." scene was a stunt. We could have hoped it was true, but in reality, did anyone really believe Lisa would fire James? Also, why would anyone have a "C U Next Tuesday" promotion especially at a "classy: restaurant? Then again, it fits with the personnel who work there, but I was surprised Lisa would approve.

• Love 3
32 minutes ago, sunshine23 said:

Obviously the whole "You're fired." scene was a stunt. We could have hoped it was true, but in reality, did anyone really believe Lisa would fire James? Also, why would anyone have a "C U Next Tuesday" promotion especially at a "classy: restaurant? Then again, it fits with the personnel who work there, but I was surprised Lisa would approve.

I think all pretenses of Sur being a “classy restaurant” ceased the minute they started filming this show. I actually recall Lisa saying something way back (on Housewives I think) like “Villa Blanca is where you take your wife; Sur is where you take your mistress.” So not really an endorsement for a high-class establishment. 

12 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

Wait - it was confirmed that Shay was cheating? The only thing I ever heard of it was Scheanna saying she “caught him texting another girl.” But nothing beyond that. Do you have insider tea to spill?? 

If it’s true, I am pretty surprised to hear that—he always seemed fairly smitten with her. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 10
23 hours ago, Drogo said:

Yes, it was more about the contemptuous tone in her voice than the actual words. But I got her message, and so did James.  If Katie disapproves of shaming then she should't engage in shaming behavior herself. I'm seriously done with this hypocritical bs.

And if these women-empowering women were so interested in empowering women, why didn't one of them tell Raquel privately that her boyfriend was cheating on her? At least one of them, once, over the past year?  Come on.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Agree 100% with all of this. 

Lala and Katie are both bitches. Sorry, but Lala's "man Rand" is ugly and fat. Is that not pc to say? Too bad. She's attracted to his wallet and what his money can buy for her. James is right about this. 

As a former fat person I'll say this about using the word fat.

When it's used as a descriptive term, I was perfectly fine with it.  I was fat.

However, and this is a big however.  Most times when people use the word fat, it's not a descriptive term for a person's size.

It's a catch all phrase that includes:  lazy, stupid, worth less than people who "take care of themselves, ugly, marginalized.

James doesn't use the word fat as a descriptive word.  He uses it as the catch all insult.  It's a very easy go to.

And what exactly has Randall done to be continously called fat by James?  Oh I know.....Lala.  James is 100 percent jealous. So it's really about HIS inadequacy and not about Randall.

People who are fat, are just that, fat.  Yet somehow being fat translates into "something is wrong with you as a human".

Edited by dosodog
Battery died before I was finished!
  • Love 24
6 hours ago, dosodog said:

However, and this is a big however.  Most times when people use the word fat, it's not a descriptive term for a person's size.

It's a catch all phrase that includes:  lazy, stupid, worth less than people who "take care of themselves, ugly, marginalized.

James doesn't use the word fat as a descriptive word.  He uses it as the catch all insult.  It's a very easy go to.

And what exactly has Randall done to be continously called fat by James?  Oh I know.....Lala.  James is 100 percent jealous. So it's really about HIS inadequacy and not about Randall.

People who are fat, are just that, fat.  Yet somehow being fat translates into "something is wrong with you as a human".

Yeah, when people use the word fat it’s used to be an insult. And it’s awful. And people get a pass on it just because. And yet there are some words that can never be uttered because they are terrible and awful and make people disgusted and awful. I always wonder why fat gets a pass.

• Love 8
On 12/29/2018 at 6:48 AM, Duke2801 said:

Wait - it was confirmed that Shay was cheating? The only thing I ever heard of it was Scheanna saying she “caught him texting another girl.” But nothing beyond that. Do you have insider tea to spill?? 

If it’s true, I am pretty surprised to hear that—he always seemed fairly smitten with her. 

I think it was texting, but I think Shay did sort of concede that some of the texts were sort of sexual and not appropriate. I  recall hearing that it was fetid pus bucket Nicole Arbour. 

On 12/29/2018 at 9:39 AM, dosodog said:

In a certain sense, I think it's really very tough for James because he grew up fame adjacent. And but for some of the choices of his parents, he really would have had a much easier time getting his foot in the door if his father hadn't cut ties with George after George's cruising arrest. Lala has also been explicit that she don't fuck wit you unless you got coins or are going somewhere. Every word out of James' mouth about Lala and Randall is dripping with jealousy.

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I think it was texting, but I think Shay did sort of concede that some of the texts were sort sexual and not appropriate. I  recall hearing that it was fetid pus bucket Nicole Arbour. 

In a certain sense, I think it's really very tough for James because he grew up fame adjacent. And but for some of the choices of his parents, he really would have had a much easier time getting his foot in the door if his father hadn't cut ties with George after George's cruising arrest. Lala has also been explicit that she don't fuck wit you unless you got coins or are going somewhere. Every word out of James' mouth about Lala and Randall is dripping with jealousy.

Eewwww HER??  She’s truly awful. Wow i know Scheanna isn’t popular with fans—and I’m sure not enamoured of her. But compared to NA, Scheanna is a fucking gem. 

• Love 2
On 12/24/2018 at 3:59 PM, watcherwoman said:

Indiana girl here, Hud and Speck Mellencamp got in lots of trouble in Bloomington IN at Indiana University.  They ran with the athletes, son's of some coaches, and pretty much partied their way into trouble a few times.  John Mellencamp is held in high esteem at Indiana University.  He's a big donor with his name on a building.  Love seeing him and Meg, or Christie at the basketball games.  Fans leave them alone for the most part.  His sons need to grow up.  This could get interesting. BTW, John Mellencamps dad looks so young!  He looks more like John's brother.  Good genes in that family.

Thanks for the scoopage. Sounds like Mellencamp will fit right into the VPR shenanigans. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, dosodog said:

I completely agree with this (as I do with most everything you post, Dosodog). James uses the word fat (as do many other people) to shame and insult. There's subtext in that word in the way he uses it. It's shitty and wrong.  Raquel and his family members say James is a sweetheart to them. To quote Shania Twain, "that don't impressuh me much". How hard is it to be sweet to the people you love? For me, the character test comes when you are dealing with strangers and people you don't particularly like.  James was wrong to body shame Katie.

But (of course there has to be a but, sheesh, Jel!) Katie is guilty of the same brand of wrongness. Katie didn't take James aside, or whisper to him about his shorts -- she wasn't concerned about the potential embarrassment he might encounter, and so acted quickly and discreetly, to warn him. No, she called out to him and made her contempt known in front of others. She "drunk shamed" him or "shorts shamed him" (which sounds silly today, but give it a couple years...), but whatever you call it, she did the very same thing -- used words intended to express her disgust towards another person and she did it in public.  The "reason" for the shaming is different, but it's the very same behavior. Wrong is wrong.  She gets to have the moral high ground because body shaming is all of a sudden recognized as wrong? Not for this PTVer! ;)

I love Lisa Vanderpump, but her deep concern about body shaming rang a little hollow to me because I don't see her staff as very representative of the American people -- most of the people who work for her are very attractive and quite thin. If this were a real cause for her I'd expect to see a few plus size servers and some more ordinary looking people working in her restaurants, and appearing on the tv show but I don't.  Firing James seemed like a PR move, designed to show Lisa's "wokeness" about body shaming.  And it was the wrong one for me because, while I appreciate and value and try hard to practice kindness in my own life, it's low on my requirements scale for a mindless tv entertainment show. Tequila Katie used to engage in some pretty nasty behavior as I recall, pretty sure there was some shaming of the slut or dick variety, and I didn't ask for her to be fired back then.  In fact, for my own, purely selfish entertainment reasons,  I kinda miss Tequila Katie.  At least she brought the "OMG!"s (which I want, not in my life, not on the news, but definitely on a dumb tv show). 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Jel said:

I love Lisa Vanderpump, but her deep concern about body shaming rang a little hollow to me because I don't see her staff as very representative of the American people -- most of the people who work for her are very attractive and quite thin. If this were a real cause for her I'd expect to see a few plus size servers and some more ordinary looking people working in her restaurants, and appearing on the tv show but I don't.  Firing James seemed like a PR move, designed to show Lisa's "wokeness" about body shaming.  And it was the wrong one for me because, while I appreciate and value and try hard to practice kindness in my own life, it's low on my requirements scale for a mindless tv entertainment show. Tequila Katie used to engage in some pretty nasty behavior as I recall, pretty sure there was some shaming of the slut or dick variety, and I didn't ask for her to be fired back then.  In fact, for my own, purely selfish entertainment reasons,  I kinda miss Tequila Katie.  At least she brought the "OMG!"s (which I want, not in my life, not on the news, but definitely on a dumb tv show). 

The scarves she calls uniform dresses don't come in plus.

• Love 7
On 12/29/2018 at 4:03 PM, HunterHunted said:

In a certain sense, I think it's really very tough for James because he grew up fame adjacent. And but for some of the choices of his parents, he really would have had a much easier time getting his foot in the door if his father hadn't cut ties with George after George's cruising arrest. Lala has also been explicit that she don't fuck wit you unless you got coins or are going somewhere. 

Fame adjacent is a great term. I really enjoy your posts HUNTERHUNTED.  What do you do for a living? No worries if you'd rather not say.  :-)  You could easily be a writer (if you're not!)...

• Love 6
15 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

“You’re the only person who’s not embarrassed that they f- - -ed him.”

”No, I am embarrassed. I am.”

What do you guys make of that?

Racquel isn't very bright. I think she meant she was embarrassed by his bad behavior, not the fact that she's with him/sleeping with him. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, IslandGirl said:

Fame adjacent is a great term. I really enjoy your posts HUNTERHUNTED.  What do you do for a living? No worries if you'd rather not say.  :-)  You could easily be a writer (if you're not!)...

Thanks! I do write, but mostly statutes and administrative rules. I'm a legislative policy analyst/advisor.

Fame adjacent is a term that I use for myself too. I had a similar, but much more removed from fame, experience growing up. I tell a story about how I was at my parents' house doing laundry; my building didn't have a laundry room. My mom was on the phone with a college classmate. I, of course, can only hear my mom's side of the conversation. They start talking about their kids. The college classmate has 2; one was nominated for an Academy Award for "Brokeneck Mountain...oops "Brokeback Mountain," which sounded familiar to my mom. My mom says "That's great; my daughter just graduated from law school." Yes, my mother was on the phone with Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal's mother. My mom wasn't tight with any one celebrity like James' father, but she definitely knew some famous people and would reconnect with them every couple of years. We'd ask her how she knew Kofi Annan and Farrah Fawcett; we never found out, but she did. I've often described myself as a fairly lazy person and I am. My mother is an unbelievably charming and terrifyingly lazy person. A decent amount of my teens and twenties was spent accompanying my mother to events and trying to talk people out of trying to make her the CEO or board president of their charity. I once ended up working at a job where a former cabinet official was involved with the charity; at my parents anniversary party, this individual was at the party because he'd been friends with my mom for a while. Even my dad was a little bit awestruck.

She's a fantastically interesting person; she's an African immigrant, ended up a Duplessis Orphan because her parents were immigrants, was a sports star in high school, daughter of a diplomat, sailed across the globe as a merchant marine, worked at the UN and a bunch of other notable things. Just sooooooo many things. She truly is the Most Interesting Woman in the World. 

• Love 14
On 12/31/2018 at 12:09 PM, HunterHunted said:

Thanks! I do write, but mostly statutes and administrative rules. I'm a legislative policy analyst/advisor.

Fame adjacent is a term that I use for myself too. I had a similar, but much more removed from fame, experience growing up. I tell a story about how I was at my parents' house doing laundry; my building didn't have a laundry room. My mom was on the phone with a college classmate. I, of course, can only hear my mom's side of the conversation. They start talking about their kids. The college classmate has 2; one was nominated for an Academy Award for "Brokeneck Mountain...oops "Brokeback Mountain," which sounded familiar to my mom. My mom says "That's great; my daughter just graduated from law school." Yes, my mother was on the phone with Maggie and Jake Gyllenhaal's mother. My mom wasn't tight with any one celebrity like James' father, but she definitely knew some famous people and would reconnect with them every couple of years. We'd ask her how she knew Kofi Annan and Farrah Fawcett; we never found out, but she did. I've often described myself as a fairly lazy person and I am. My mother is an unbelievably charming and terrifyingly lazy person. A decent amount of my teens and twenties was spent accompanying my mother to events and trying to talk people out of trying to make her the CEO or board president of their charity. I once ended up working at a job where a former cabinet official was involved with the charity; at my parents anniversary party, this individual was at the party because he'd been friends with my mom for a while. Even my dad was a little bit awestruck.

She's a fantastically interesting person; she's an African immigrant, ended up a Duplessis Orphan because her parents were immigrants, was a sports star in high school, daughter of a diplomat, sailed across the globe as a merchant marine, worked at the UN and a bunch of other notable things. Just sooooooo many things. She truly is the Most Interesting Woman in the World. 

Wow, what an interesting life!  Thanks so much for sharing...xoxo

• Love 2
3 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

The editors make it seem that Raquel attends every See You Next Tuesday to stand next to James’s booth and keep him company. There’s nothing else she’d rather be doing?

Given that it gives her a chance to be in tv I think there is absolutely no other place she would rather be.

• Love 7
On 12/30/2018 at 10:14 AM, Jel said:

I completely agree with this (as I do with most everything you post, Dosodog). James uses the word fat (as do many other people) to shame and insult. There's subtext in that word in the way he uses it. It's shitty and wrong.  Raquel and his family members say James is a sweetheart to them. To quote Shania Twain, "that don't impressuh me much". How hard is it to be sweet to the people you love? For me, the character test comes when you are dealing with strangers and people you don't particularly like.  James was wrong to body shame Katie.

But (of course there has to be a but, sheesh, Jel!) Katie is guilty of the same brand of wrongness. Katie didn't take James aside, or whisper to him about his shorts -- she wasn't concerned about the potential embarrassment he might encounter, and so acted quickly and discreetly, to warn him. No, she called out to him and made her contempt known in front of others. She "drunk shamed" him or "shorts shamed him" (which sounds silly today, but give it a couple years...), but whatever you call it, she did the very same thing -- used words intended to express her disgust towards another person and she did it in public.  The "reason" for the shaming is different, but it's the very same behavior. Wrong is wrong.  She gets to have the moral high ground because body shaming is all of a sudden recognized as wrong? Not for this PTVer! ;)

There are so many Catch 22's in this whole issue about body shaming and whether Katie instigated it by talking to James first and pointing out whatever about his shorts.  Either way his response was out of line and had nothing to do with Katie but his anger at the fact that he's been enough of an asshole to everyone that they are out to get him.  The fact remains that James has continually shown himself to be vicious in how he treats the other women when he is working.  His freestyle about Brittany, fat-shaming Katie (who is not fat at all, which pisses me off that she is the body that gets shamed... because I'd kill to have her body). 

He is an employee of Lisa, he is doing this on the clock, he is drinking on the clock, can't control himself and doing so in a very public format and based on reports from other cast members it has been ongoing.  I'm not saying that Katie (or the other Vanderpumpers are innocents, they aren't) but Katie basically reported him to HR (Lisa) as harassing her in a work venue and not making her feel safe.  You can argue whether or not that is true on her end but I believe it is and that she has had enough. It's on tape, it's on TV and despite the fact that James brings in money, it reflects poorly on the whole business if Lisa continues to hire and employ people that create a toxic environment. Once Vanderpump rules dies.....  I know James' still works there, I know this is all a front ultimately. I know they are all guilty of harassing each other and bullying each other in the workplace but in this case, James isn't doing himself any favours.  

James fake cries, apologizes and then laughs about how people buy it and shows no remorse.  He's vile and I wish they'd just fire him from the show because I can't stand the "drama" he brings.  

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, vmarsissmart said:

There are so many Catch 22's in this whole issue about body shaming and whether Katie instigated it by talking to James first and pointing out whatever about his shorts.  Either way his response was out of line and had nothing to do with Katie but his anger at the fact that he's been enough of an asshole to everyone that they are out to get him.

My issue is the way Katie retells the events of the day as if she had been attacked unprovoked.  She went at him, he clapped back, and he hurt her feelings worse than she hurt his.  Oh well.

James has always been a little bootlicker, and Katie's always been a hypocrite. 

• Love 5