Type keyword(s) to search

S07B: Teen Mom OG Reunion, Part 1

druzy
  • Start Topic

All five mom’s come together in New York City to discuss the most dramatic moments from this season as well as an update on where they are now.

Have Cate and Ty separated?

Is Amber quitting the show?

All these questions and more will be answered.

Airs December 24, 2018

• Love 4

This reunion is as boring as the whole season was. Amber was able to get validated ( once again); nothing new for any of them!  Put this show out of its misery - I’d go for an update every few years but not a new series every year - there’s just nothing going on.

• Love 9
32 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

This reunion is as boring as the whole season was. Amber was able to get validated ( once again); nothing new for any of them!  Put this show out of its misery - I’d go for an update every few years but not a new series every year - there’s just nothing going on.

When amber was like “I don’t think anyone would miss me” if she quit, all I thought was “I wouldn’t miss any of the cast members “ if any of them quit. I really wish the show would stop. To me it’s doing more harm than any good they tell me it’s doing, even the stats Drew tries to put out there about how low teen pregnancy is doesn’t make me think the show is the one doing it.

• Love 10

Yeah. This reunion was bad. And considering we got though all five girls (plus Tyler) in one hour tells me we don’t need a part two with all the extra people. We got the gist of this season and that’s enough for me. Will I watch next week? Obviously. But still. It’s not needed.

• Love 11

Lil Jon stole the show with his Kool-Aid video!  Hahahahah!  (Is anyone surprised Teen Mom is sponsored by Kool-Aid?)  

Ok, Bye, Amber!  Hello, Kristina!  They need to fire Bristol and bring on Kristina!  

Amber STOP having kids.  You had ZERO business taking that pregnancy test.

Amber doesn’t want to go to treatment because I think she is taking drugs.  (Just like Janelle)

This is why they stay home and claim they can’t film, etc. The high and lows of taking drugs make it impossible to take care of a little baby.  This is why they claim PPD as a cover.......as, it is an illness that makes bonding with your baby difficult.

lies!  All lies!

What is Andrew’s job???

Did Amber say she has a NANNY????!!!!  Lol!

Edited by Dance4Life
  • Love 7

It cant be a good sign for this show that MTV aired part 1 on Christmas Eve.

I'm depressed that I noticed this but Maci changed her lipstick from the opening scene to her own individual scene.

Amber, good lord. Her sobbing that no one would miss her...my kids tended to do that when they were around 5 years old - threaten to run away because no one would miss them. And then at the end, she waved at her fans, "Sending love !" I cannot believe the high opinion she has of herself. Amber, if they whack this show, which I think they will, you will the lowest on the totem pole as the newest employee at Burger King. Get ready for some bad shifts.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Cate looked nice. Her makeup and hair were simple and not overdone. I dont even recall  rolling my eyes once when she and Tyler talked.

• Love 13

I only rolled my eyes during Tyler and Catelynn because of Drew. The way he was asking questions and “leading” Tyler into answers made me feel for Tyler. And Tyler knew that. Which was why Tyler prefaced a lot of his answers with, “I know how this sounds...” and that’s the thing, if this was a normal type of counseling, Tyler would be able to speak freely and without judgement because it wouldn’t be on a tv show for millions of people to see but it’s on a tv show and it’s kind of sad that Tyler can’t actually say what he feels and he has do a preface before anything and Drew is terrible.

• Love 17

I agree with others on here that this show needs to end. These women aren't teens anymore...they're 25/26 years old now. It's time for them to find real jobs and make a life plan. Be an adult and stop whining...especially Amber. Oy Vey! The tears, the mascara running down her face, the anger! What the heck is she so angry about? So quit already!!!! I'm sure you can live quite nicely on Andrew's income...LOL! Being angry about what people post on social media is an easy fix...DON'T READ IT!  Did she say she has a nanny? I thought Andrew was the nanny. 

Maci's lipstick was weird. I liked the color she wore previously. Has this Reunion Show thing become just a fashion statement? And the makeup...these girls are quite the divas in the hair and makeup room. The elaborate hair styles, the huge false eyelashes, the overdone look is ridiculous. Cheyenne looked the best...less makeup, fresh clean look and age appropriate. Bristol also opted for a more natural clean look. 

What was Tyler wearing??? He continues to puzzle me with his gender bending outfits. Cate seems to be working the program and going to therapy regularly. It will be interesting to see if she also gets post partum depression like she did once before. They have a lot of issues. I don't see them hanging in much longer...Tyler especially. He's done. A new baby isn't going to change things...it might make it worse.

Dr. Drew...he is just awful. He is such a sellout now, hawking stuff on late night TV, it's hard to take him seriously. They need a new host and get rid of that dumbbell Nessa. Honestly, she is unwatchable...she sounds like a middle schooler most of the time and can barely read the cue cards.

• Love 16

Yeah Nessa was fine on mtvs show Girl code, but that’s the problem. That’s where she worked. Whenever she’s doing one of the teen mom reunion or special shows, she treats the whole thing like it’s a fun fluff sleepover special when in reality... it’s their lives and serious stuff and instead of calling them out, she coddles them in her questions. It’s.. not great.

• Love 16

This franchise should teach MTV a lesson - 10 years with one group of people is too long for anyone to be interested!  Other than having more babies and more mental health & substance abuse problems, how does Dr. Drew think that this show has anything to do with Teen Pregnancy. If his statistics are correct, I suspect it has more to do with “ Plan B” being available.

• Love 14

Amber will never quit the show. She just wants to manipulate her story. Too late you selfish cow. You've had years to show a better side of yourself if there is one and have done just the opposite.

• Love 11

This was the first time I noticed Cate say she has abandonment issues because her parents got a divorce and she felt her father abandoned her. The list just keeps getting longer. At what point will she accept the cards she was delt and move forward? Will she still have PPD when she's 80?

• Love 21
4 hours ago, kicksave said:

I agree with others on here that this show needs to end. These women aren't teens anymore...they're 25/26 years old now. It's time for them to find real jobs and make a life plan. Be an adult and stop whining...especially Amber. Oy Vey! The tears, the mascara running down her face, the anger! What the heck is she so angry about? So quit already!!!! I'm sure you can live quite nicely on Andrew's income...LOL! Being angry about what people post on social media is an easy fix...DON'T READ IT!  Did she say she has a nanny? I thought Andrew was the nanny. 

Maci's lipstick was weird. I liked the color she wore previously. Has this Reunion Show thing become just a fashion statement? And the makeup...these girls are quite the divas in the hair and makeup room. The elaborate hair styles, the huge false eyelashes, the overdone look is ridiculous. Cheyenne looked the best...less makeup, fresh clean look and age appropriate. Bristol also opted for a more natural clean look. 

What was Tyler wearing??? He continues to puzzle me with his gender bending outfits. Cate seems to be working the program and going to therapy regularly. It will be interesting to see if she also gets post partum depression like she did once before. They have a lot of issues. I don't see them hanging in much longer...Tyler especially. He's done. A new baby isn't going to change things...it might make it worse.

Dr. Drew...he is just awful. He is such a sellout now, hawking stuff on late night TV, it's hard to take him seriously. They need a new host and get rid of that dumbbell Nessa. Honestly, she is unwatchable...she sounds like a middle schooler most of the time and can barely read the cue cards.

I agree with most of the other comments in the thread- but this one ---totes!! For real though, I think everyone is tired on this show but chiefly--- I say Dr Drew and Nessa need to go. The other mom stars are a tired crew as well, but I think maybe at least for the reunion shows they need Dr Drew and Nessa to bow out gracefully or however but they need to be gone. They truly add zilch to the show and in fact quite detract!! Sorry for all the exclamation points but you know how it is.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I agree with most of the other comments in the thread- but this one ---totes!! For real though, I think everyone is tired on this show but chiefly--- I say Dr Drew and Nessa need to go. The other mom stars are a tired crew as well, but I think maybe at least for the reunion shows they need Dr Drew and Nessa to bow out gracefully or however but they need to be gone. They truly add zilch to the show and in fact quite detract!! Sorry for all the exclamation points but you know how it is.

Seriously. The second he said...well, everything this idiot says...but that he would PROFOUNDLY miss Amber? Bitch please. Nessa who? Oh, that useless ass kissing nobody from some lame show 5 years ago? Bitch, bye. 

• Love 13

It's seriously time to pull the plug on this show. It's gotten to the point where one of the cast members' primary challenges in life is figuring out how to film the show without actually revealing too many details about their lives. Maci has that down to a science. She spent the entire season talking about Ryan, then, when asked what was hardest for her to watch this season, she said it was seeing all the other moms' struggles and the "momshaming" they suffered. Well played. She simultaneously deflected from discussing anything about herself and threw up the specter of "momshaming" in case anyone tried to criticize her.

Amber's nonsense was ridiculous and ridiculously transparent. "Waaah! I have post partum! Waaah, no one understands! Waaah, no one would even care if I left the show!" Well, Amber, your paid companions, current and future, would care; and your nanny; and your landlord (because he doesn't want to get screwed like the last sucker who rented to you). I wonder where nuMatt's head is with all of this. I think that at the beginning of their relationship they were bonded by drugs and their mutual troubled pasts, but they must have had to at least slow down on the drugs while Amber was pregnant and now they have a baby. Is he realizing that he needs to get his shit at least halfway together for his son (which will mean cutting Amber loose at some point)? I don't believe that they ever had a solid foundation of "true love," so now that the relationship is way more about caring for a small human being and dealing with Amber's insanity than commiserating about their problems and comparing drug stories, he must be reevaluating everything. I feel like the big question is whether he will take James with him or not when he inevitably leaves.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TheRealT said:

It's seriously time to pull the plug on this show. It's gotten to the point where one of the cast members' primary challenges in life is figuring out how to film the show without actually revealing too many details about their lives. Maci has that down to a science. She spent the entire season talking about Ryan, then, when asked what was hardest for her to watch this season, she said it was seeing all the other moms' struggles and the "momshaming" they suffered. Well played. She simultaneously deflected from discussing anything about herself and threw up the specter of "momshaming" in case anyone tried to criticize her.

Amber's nonsense was ridiculous and ridiculously transparent. "Waaah! I have post partum! Waaah, no one understands! Waaah, no one would even care if I left the show!" Well, Amber, your paid companions, current and future, would care; and your nanny; and your landlord (because he doesn't want to get screwed like the last sucker who rented to you). I wonder where nuMatt's head is with all of this. I think that at the beginning of their relationship they were bonded by drugs and their mutual troubled pasts, but they must have had to at least slow down on the drugs while Amber was pregnant and now they have a baby. Is he realizing that he needs to get his shit at least halfway together for his son (which will mean cutting Amber loose at some point)? I don't believe that they ever had a solid foundation of "true love," so now that the relationship is way more about caring for a small human being and dealing with Amber's insanity than commiserating about their problems and comparing drug stories, he must be reevaluating everything. I feel like the big question is whether he will take James with him or not when he inevitably leaves.

Wow. I completely forgot about how avert Maci was at this reunion and yeah.. this season the show showed nothing about her life. It was her dealing with Ryan’s life. And yeah it does affect her life but we didn’t learn anything about what she did this season. She moved. Her daughter  got a surgery for her Throat. And yes like you stayed at the reunion she didn’t say anything. Next episode she will probably have to talk about more but it will probably be more about Ryan. Even her segment at this reunion was.. about Ryan. Yes it happened and it affected her life but her segment felt so short because Drew and Nessa have next to nothing to ask her. Especially without Jen and Larry or Tyler. And yeah like I said we will probably get some details next week but it’s not much about Maci herself. She really is the one with no story. Maybe I shouldn’t say that as I don’t watch bristol or Cheyenne so I don’t know if they are more or less interesting.

But yeah  I agree Maci has learned the art now of showing what she wants to be shown on the show now. I think she realized when this show came back as teen mom og, she wasn’t getting the edit she used to get on the original(if anyone can remember, after she had Jayde, that’s when mtv started to show more of her partying ways I think) so I think now she shows more a curated view of herself.

Thats fine.. I guess. 

• Love 8

I’m glad amber has a nanny.  I’m glad cate and Tyler’s child is in daycare. The children are safe and well taken care of during this time (assuming amber or numatt put forth minimal effort to screen a nanny).  Honestly with all the money they make off their kids, the teen moms should at least hire caring people to watch their children since most of them seem unwilling or unable to do so themselves.  

• Love 23

I was perplexed by how quickly Amber could smile and wave, "sending love," after talking about her profound depression. It was almost like flipping a switch.  Excuse my ignorance, but would that take a lot of effort if you were that mired in depression?

• Love 12
On 12/24/2018 at 8:55 PM, druzy said:

Cate claims that she has "caretaker" qualities. 😆

That made me laugh so hard. I guess regularly abandoning your child, getting pregnant when your marriage is on the rocks, and forcing your traumatized child to be bathed by the parent they don't want are all great examples of a nurturing, caring mother. 

On 12/24/2018 at 11:30 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

I was thinking that if I had been in the audience, I'd have gotten a white-girl beatdown because when all those B's started acting "sympathetic" & all "WE'D MISS YOU AMBER!!!"...I'd have stood up, asked if everyone enjoyed the crack they obviously smoked for breakfast & proudly and "profoundly (TM Drew)" exclaimed "you are a lying pathetic sloth. Quit. Please!!!". 

I wish somebody would have. Amber got exactly what she wanted with her threats, guilt trips, and ultimatums. Everyone was kissing her ass and practically begging her to stay. She's pathetic. 

• Love 15

Because Amber thinks her fans are her BFFs.  She is the perfect type that lives for those *Likes* and cannot take any criticism. 

Bristol really went overboard with the Farrah Abraham makeover. 

Her veneers don’t fit her small mouth. She was having problems speaking.

She kept trying to close her mouth but the whole thing was awkward. Very distracting.

Next season Bristol will have a big inflatable ass when she films ........taking her kids on a ‘much needed’ vacation!  LMAO

• Love 8
On 12/25/2018 at 12:37 PM, Chris Knight said:

It cant be a good sign for this show that MTV aired part 1 on Christmas Eve.

I'm depressed that I noticed this but Maci changed her lipstick from the opening scene to her own individual scene.

Amber, good lord. Her sobbing that no one would miss her...my kids tended to do that when they were around 5 years old - threaten to run away because no one would miss them. And then at the end, she waved at her fans, "Sending love !" I cannot believe the high opinion she has of herself. Amber, if they whack this show, which I think they will, you will the lowest on the totem pole as the newest employee at Burger King. Get ready for some bad shifts.

I can't believe I'm saying this but Cate looked nice. Her makeup and hair were simple and not overdone. I dont even recall  rolling my eyes once when she and Tyler talked.

My thought exactly.  And part 2 airs onNew Year’s Eve.

• Love 6

Dr. Drew seemed literally mesmerized by Bristol's smile.  It reminded me of Elaine and The Wiz...

IMG_2426.PNG

Also, Amber is someone who will never ever be happy bc she's just so god damn miserable all the time. She doesn't allow happiness into her life.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Marisagf said:

My thought exactly.  And part 2 airs onNew Year’s Eve.

It’s so odd now that mtv doesn’t have a New Year’s Eve special. I mean yeah they haven’t had one in like over eight years and I think even the last one they had wasn’t even live, they pre taped it and therefore didn’t have a countdown but yeah, now they are showing actual new episodes of their shows. And very few people are watching it live.

I mean Christmas Eve is one thing, some people may be able to watch more tv but New Year’s Eve is a different thing, if people are watching tv it’s not a new episode of teen mom. 

• Love 3

Wash rinse repeat.

In the Season 7A Reunion Amber was tame because she didn't attend the reunion and was featured for a few minutes via satelite with NuMatt. 

However, after storming the stage to assault Farrah in the Season 6B reunion (2016) she took to social media to:

Threaten to quit

image.png.0432863bf415b03db142917f234a273e.png

Curse at her employer when they don't respond to her threat

image.png.68b23e307bf60b0d858a2830bb1e374a.png

Quit the show

image.png.a4086c165eaef169ce64a70ae6c87713.png

When MTV doesn't acknowledge her threats Amber tweets she is willing to negotiate

image.png.4b71638c2a7b89c3e65eaab2119fb493.png

Crickets from MTV. Amber tries to save face

image.png.64dd6229304870eea301a62bef9501cb.png

2018-Amber quits again

image.png.54d6436d49d0bac4646d6fbf2b7266e3.png

• Love 13

It is weird watching the mental health toll this show has taken on these women. They were essentially children when they signed up for a documentary. They never expected to be famous. Then add to that the fact that they’re famous for living day to day life on TV. Things like taking a pregnancy test, spanking your kid, or doing heroin are out there to be viewed forever. What a mess. Who would sign up for this shit? I feel terrible for the kids.

Also, this show is beyond over.  All entertainment value is gone. I couldn’t bring myself to watch more than 5 mins of this reunion part 1 and I have been a loyal watcher all along.... 

• Love 4

Honestly I think these women would be in the exact same spot with or without this show!  Looking at all of them with dysfunctional families, no education and no role models I think the only thing that's different is they have money.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

Honestly I think these women would be in the exact same spot with or without this show!  Looking at all of them with dysfunctional families, no education and no role models I think the only thing that's different is they have money.

I think so too. Except for the fact that this show seems to validate some of their choices and actions. That’s to me a problem. Amber can complain about all her haters on social media but like someone else said for all those haters there’s like a million people who love her and fawn over her.

• Love 6

I do wonder, with Amber, how much of her medication she had to go off of during her pregnancy.  She has some serious mental health issues to start with (she's stated that she has bipolar disorder and also borderline personality disorder), and that the meds weren't safe to take while pregnant.  I'm sure that she's likely to be more susceptible to post partum depression in the first place, but, would also need to try to rebalance her meds, which is kind of a crapshoot without her hormones fluctuating.  Not that it's an excuse for her to lash out at people, just more idle speculation on my part.  Pete Davidson on SNL has some similar issues and is fairly upfront about how he can be difficult to live with and can make bad choices, etc.  

• Love 6

@Snarky McSnarky I’m not seeing the ratings for Monday nights reunion. I go to the same place you go “Tvzapbynumbers”.

I wonder if it was so low for that night it didn’t even make the cut to be typed out. Lol. I mean, it’s been under a million all season aside from the last episode where people get to watch Tyler and Cate not separate but I’m doubting many people tuned in during Christmas Eve.

I know during Xmas eve I was last minute shopping and baking Xmas cookies with my family and teen mom was far from my mind.

Doesnt MTV normally shift the episode air date when it lands on a holiday?? If so, they gave two shits this season. “Why bother dealing with the hassle of advertising a date change for the reunion when people are barely watching the show? Not worth the hassle!” 😆

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 4

Well that was a shit show. I also don't understand why they aired it on Christmas Eve. I couldn't watch it until last night. I seriously cannot stand Amber. I cannot stand Drew. He blows so much smoke up their assess, that combined with the "fans" fawning over Amber, it's just a big ugh. He actually told Cate that she saved Amber's life that day she showed up. Cate already fancies herself a mental health expert, that will just give her an even bigger complex.

Looks wise, I thought Cheyenne and Bristol's makeup was nice. Wtf was up with Maci's lips. As much as I hate to compliment Amber, her hair looked good. It's much nicer when she has it down instead of the sumo bun she usually wears.

• Love 7

Amber will never quit the show. She just wants to manipulate her story. Too late you selfish cow. You've had years to show a better side of yourself if there is one and have done just the opposite.

She can't afford to quit the show, even though I do agree with her that its not good for her mental health. Reality television is built on exploitation. No one wants to watch a happy little family with zero drama. And I do believe Amber has serious mental health issues. I believe Catelynn has problems too. They both use it to manipulate their situations though. 

The real tragedy is that these girls have had 9 years of a low effort job that pays tons of money, and they haven't used any of that time to further their education or develop any kind of skill. They're completely unprepared for real life, despite being on reality television for 9 years. They bought huge houses and nice cars, but I question how much money they've saved for later. By 30 years old, they will be completely unemployable in reality television. And they have nothing else. They will all be Jon Gosselin, living in the woods and working as a DJ. 

Amber and Andrew having a nanny is funny, and further proof that they're not saving their pennies for later.

I also don't understand why they aired it on Christmas Eve.

The ratings suck, and Christmas Eve is where you land when your ratings are bad.

I cannot stand Drew. He blows so much smoke up their assess, that combined with the "fans" fawning over Amber, it's just a big ugh.

There was some interview a while ago where Dr. Drew said he can't ask them hard, really honest questions, because they'll storm off and quit. I believe it also came out at some point that he doesn't actually watch most of the show. 

Edited by Kellyee
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Calm81 said:

@Snarky McSnarky I’m not seeing the ratings for Monday nights reunion. I go to the same place you go “Tvzapbynumbers”.

I wonder if it was so low for that night it didn’t even make the cut to be typed out. Lol. I mean, it’s been under a million all season aside from the last episode where people get to watch Tyler and Cate not separate but I’m doubting many people tuned in during Christmas Eve.

I know during Xmas eve I was last minute shopping and baking Xmas cookies with my family and teen mom was far from my mind.

Doesnt MTV normally shift the episode air date when it lands on a holiday?? If so, they gave two shits this season. “Why bother dealing with the hassle of advertising a date change for the reunion when people are barely watching the show? Not worth the hassle!” 😆

I think they're behind on everything, probably because of the holidays.  The most recent daily cable ratings are still from last Friday.  If my office building is any indication, tons of people are taking the entire week off.

MTV and Bravo usually show repeats on holidays.  Maybe MTV doesn't consider Christmas Eve an official holiday.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Dr. Drew seemed literally mesmerized by Bristol's smile.  It reminded me of Elaine and The Wiz...

IMG_2426.PNG

Also, Amber is someone who will never ever be happy bc she's just so god damn miserable all the time. She doesn't allow happiness into her life.

Right! It is sad to see her like that.  She has two healthy children with doting fathers. Both financially secured.  Lives in a wonderful neighborhood and she said her house is paid off.  Amber and Leah, got lucky with an awesome second mother. 

Great job!  Yet, she will never be happy.  Her mental illness wont allow it.

She doesn’t seem to be able to do anything.  What happened to flipping houses? 

Does Amber have any parents???

What a shitshow that was finding Gary’s!  Whoa!

• Love 1
11 hours ago, smores said:

I do wonder, with Amber, how much of her medication she had to go off of during her pregnancy.  She has some serious mental health issues to start with (she's stated that she has bipolar disorder and also borderline personality disorder), and that the meds weren't safe to take while pregnant.  I'm sure that she's likely to be more susceptible to post partum depression in the first place, but, would also need to try to rebalance her meds, which is kind of a crapshoot without her hormones fluctuating.  Not that it's an excuse for her to lash out at people, just more idle speculation on my part.  Pete Davidson on SNL has some similar issues and is fairly upfront about how he can be difficult to live with and can make bad choices, etc.  

No, you bring up a valid point. That's why I was frustrated with Amber choosing to get pregnant, knowing she couldn't take her meds. I'm not saying people with mental health issues shouldn't have children. But it's definitely something you have to weigh carefully. I always kind of thought Amber realized she was not maternal at all and chose not to procreate after Leah. It gave me a SMIDGEN of respect for her. I guess I was wrong. 

My sister has Bi-Polar and Borderline. She had severe PPD after her son, which morphed into post-partum psychosis. It was a very scary time. She finally found the right balance of meds. Then decided to have another baby. I love my niece to pieces and, thankfully, her post partum experience this time was a lot better. But I won't lie - I was scared shitless. Compound Amber's situation with the fact that she barely KNEW the dude she was making a child with and you have a recipe for disaster. 

So yea, it's quite possible she's going through some serious shit. But I never see her make any real efforts to improve things. So my sympathy wears thin. 

1 hour ago, Dance4Life said:

Does Amber have any parents???

I believe her father died from liver failure? He was a hardcore addict and/or alcoholic. I think she has a tenuous relationship with her mother. We see her from time to time. She was there, at the pumpkin patch, when Amber sprang her pregnancy news. 

• Love 10